HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-nyi

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2012, 04:05 PM
  #1
DontToewzMeBro
Registered User
 
DontToewzMeBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,094
vCash: 500
Chi-nyi

To NYI
-N. Hjarlmasson
-18th overall
2nd round pick
-B.Pirri


To Chicago
4th overall

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
  #2
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
To NYI
-N. Hjarlmasson
-18th overall
2nd round pick
-B.Pirri


To Chicago
4th overall
This is tricky--there are some decent-good pieces there, but I doubt it is enough to get the Islanders to give up a potential franchise player at 4.

Two alternatives:

1) Something around the Islanders 2012 2nd for Hjarlmasson

2) 4th overall + Strome / Nino (+/-) for Kane

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:33 PM
  #3
Islander Prophet
Registered User
 
Islander Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 500
Take off the Hawks 2nd round pick and Pirri and change the Isles pick to next year's first

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
  #4
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontToewzMeBro View Post
To NYI
-N. Hjarlmasson
-18th overall
2nd round pick
-B.Pirri


To Chicago
4th overall
No thanks.

The isles have a glut of good prospects,but few elite prospects.

No interest in moving 4th overall for a few more solid pieces.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:51 PM
  #5
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
This is tricky--there are some decent-good pieces there, but I doubt it is enough to get the Islanders to give up a potential franchise player at 4.

Two alternatives:

1) Something around the Islanders 2012 2nd for Hjarlmasson

2) 4th overall + Strome / Nino (+/-) for Kane

Isles aren't trading for Kane.Terrific player,but no interest in adding him to a very young lockerroom.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:55 PM
  #6
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles aren't trading for Kane.Terrific player,but no interest in adding him to a very young lockerroom.
It would be risky, that's for sure. But Tavares-Kane would be scary.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:08 PM
  #7
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
It would be risky, that's for sure. But Tavares-Kane would be scary.
I don't believe Tavares has to have an elite player on his wing.Moulson has scored a total of 97 goals over the last three seasons,on Tavares' wing.

Someone pointed out that Tavares's best month of the 2011-2012 season was Jan.Okposo was promoted to his line for that month and provided a very physical presence,strong work along the boards for that line.Tavares scored 13 goals,9 assists in 13 games.

I'd like to see those three reunited next season.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:26 PM
  #8
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Big Brock
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,390
vCash: 500
Zero interest in Pirri. We have Strome, Nelson, and Cizikas waiting to make impacts in the NHL.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:29 PM
  #9
Intense Rage
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
As a Hawks fan, I just cant see the Isles doing this especially with Murray/Dumba available.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:55 PM
  #10
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo
 
HockeySensible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles aren't trading for Kane.Terrific player,but no interest in adding him to a very young lockerroom.
Alright, seriously.. just stop with this crap. Just stop.

Kane's really been a bad influence on Kruger, Leddy, Shaw, Hayes, Saad and Olsen. The guy's such a cancer.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:56 PM
  #11
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Big Brock
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Alright, seriously.. just stop with this crap. Just stop.

Kane's really been a bad influence on Kruger, Leddy, Shaw, Hayes, Saad and Olsen. The guy's such a cancer.
I agree, I would have no problem adding Kane to any roster. He went out and partied and he's 23 years old. Oh nooooooo

People on this board/the media seriously overreact sometimes.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:00 PM
  #12
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Alright, seriously.. just stop with this crap. Just stop.

Kane's really been a bad influence on Kruger, Leddy, Shaw, Hayes, Saad and Olsen. The guy's such a cancer.

Get your panties out of the twist you have them in.
I didn't say Kane was a cancer.Nor did I bring his name into the thread.

Some players are simply immature.I don't want the isles,with a very young lockerroom, making a major trade,for an immature kane.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:00 PM
  #13
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,749
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
Take off the Hawks 2nd round pick and Pirri and change the Isles pick to next year's first
DONE!

:Rubs hands together and prays for MacKinnon or Jones:

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
  #14
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I agree, I would have no problem adding Kane to any roster. He went out and partied and he's 23 years old. Oh nooooooo

People on this board/the media seriously overreact sometimes.
I guess that cab driver situation was just more youthful high spirits?

Funny that some NYI fans complain about Kabanov's immarurity,yet have no problem with Kanes.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
  #15
Jack de la Hoya
Registered User
 
Jack de la Hoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 12,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I guess that cab driver situation was just more youthful high spirits?

Funny that some NYI fans complain about Kabanov's immarurity,yet have no problem with Kanes.
I'm not an Islanders fan, but isn't there a difference? E.g., Kabanov's immaturity has, to a greater or lesser extent, hindered his development on the ice--Kane's has not, or at least not to nearly the same degree?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
  #16
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
I'm not an Islanders fan, but isn't there a difference? E.g., Kabanov's immaturity has, to a greater or lesser extent, hindered his development on the ice--Kane's has not, or at least not to nearly the same degree?
Isles used a 3rd rounder on Kabanov.If he doesn't work out,no big deal.It was a low risk/high reward move.

It'll cost a lot to land kane and I question if it's worth the hassle/price because of the maturity issues.
Is Kane's lack of maturity effecting his on ice production?


http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...escapades.html
But the Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.

Hes obviously got some issues, the source said. How many more times can these things happen? Its a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.

He just finished his fifth season in the NHL and had his worst offensive output, a career-low 66 points.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:18 PM
  #17
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,255
vCash: 500
I would love Hjarlmasson, just not in that deal

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
  #18
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 5,336
vCash: 500
I'd do it.

Hjalmarsson is a very good defenseman, and we could still get a good defenseman with the 18th overall.

Skjei
Koekoek
Thrower

Should all be there at 18, and if that's not good enough.... we'd have the 18th, 34th and 48th to move up in a trade, or even add a second late 1st rounder.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
  #19
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
I'd do it.

Hjalmarsson is a very good defenseman, and we could still get a good defenseman with the 18th overall.

Skjei
Koekoek
Thrower

Should all be there at 18, and if that's not good enough.... we'd have the 18th, 34th and 48th to move up in a trade, or even add a second late 1st rounder.
So instead of trying to add an elite player to the isles deep prospect pool,they add a few more solid players.Meh.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:34 PM
  #20
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 5,336
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
So instead of trying to add an elite player to the isles deep prospect pool,they add a few more solid players.Meh.
Elite? You mean, unproven?

Does any Islander fan want to move forward with this rebuild before we're all peeing in diapers and eating dinner before 3pm?

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:37 PM
  #21
Intense Rage
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Isles used a 3rd rounder on Kabanov.If he doesn't work out,no big deal.It was a low risk/high reward move.

It'll cost a lot to land kane and I question if it's worth the hassle/price because of the maturity issues.
Is Kane's lack of maturity effecting his on ice production?


http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...escapades.html
But the Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.

Hes obviously got some issues, the source said. How many more times can these things happen? Its a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.

He just finished his fifth season in the NHL and had his worst offensive output, a career-low 66 points.
Yeah I am sure its affecting his on ice production. Just like it did in 09 when he beat up the cab driver.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
  #22
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 5,336
vCash: 500
Whoa, an athlete (read:anyone) in his early 20's drinks and does something stupid. Stop the presses!

If it's effected his on ice production, I'd love to see what the kid can do with his head straight. Too much over reaction in these parts.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:48 PM
  #23
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Elite? You mean, unproven?

Does any Islander fan want to move forward with this rebuild before we're all peeing in diapers and eating dinner before 3pm?
Isles have 1 elite player,Tavares.At #4 they will have the chance to land a 2nd elite player.

The season is not resting on adding Hjalmarsson, a solid player.

And how many prospects do you think the NYI can fit onto their roster.Eventually some will be lost in a numbers game.Too many solid youngsters,too few roster spots.

No interest in acting, as if this were the start of the rebuild,when the prospect pool was bare and Snow wanted as many warm bodies as he could get.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:49 PM
  #24
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
Yeah I am sure its affecting his on ice production. Just like it did in 09 when he beat up the cab driver.

He had 66 pts this season.You tell me if the hawks management and fans were happy with that.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
  #25
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Whoa, an athlete (read:anyone) in his early 20's drinks and does something stupid. Stop the presses!

If it's effected his on ice production, I'd love to see what the kid can do with his head straight. Too much over reaction in these parts.
That's right.Armchair gms and scouts, have a better idea of the situation that the hawks front office

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...escapades.html
Blackhawks concerned about Patrick Kanes off-ice escapades
BY ADAM L. JAHNS ajahns@suntimes.com May 29, 2012 9:48PM

But the Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
Hes obviously got some issues, the source said. How many more times can these things happen? Its a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.