HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Torts will join Francesa today at 3pm

Old
05-31-2012, 03:44 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Don't want that ******* carkner.

And absolutely dont want sarich or kubina. Are you guys out of your mind? These two are done. Their best days are behind them, way behind them. They are slow and useless. I'd rather have Bickel than those two.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
I can kind of understand why Devil's fans hate the Rangers more then they like there own team. Imagine if you had to get your news on the Yankees from the Boston Globe, or news about the Giants from the Philadelphia Inquirer?

The Devils have been one of the most successful franchises in all of sports, yet while they were winning cups and division titles all the headlines in their local papers would be "Rangers Lose" or "Rangers Season Over" or " Rangers Going to Make Splash in Offseason".

They Constantly have to see their Rival in the local Headlines even though they have been the more successful team. It would of pissed me off too, if after Game 7 of the 1994 ECF the headlines of my local papers were " Devils Season Ends On OT on Soft Wrap Around"
Case in point. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse :

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...rs-on-newscast

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Leetch66

I like Carkner...would also make speedster Rupp expendable...opps...did I say speedster LOL ? IMO Rupp made his presence felt in about 2 games this season and is very expendable . Having Carkner and Prust on the roster would be enough toughness on most nights and I would sooner have speed in place of Rupp at his 1.5 Million buck contract . Even without signing Carkner...I would still upgrade Rupp ! He will be older and slower this season...can't see him getting any faster or better .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
Case in point. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse :

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...rs-on-newscast
At least it doesn't say Rangers vs. Kings. But that is PRETTY BAD.

Maybe Brad Doty and Anze Kopidor have something to say about this.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Jax1166

It was nice the past post-season to see the Rangers and hockey get so much coverage on WFAN/Mike's on.

I am wondering if this was an aberration OR if this can build momentum and get us in the regular conversation next season?

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Originally Posted by jskramer83 View Post
I can kind of understand why Devil's fans hate the Rangers more then they like there own team. Imagine if you had to get your news on the Yankees from the Boston Globe, or news about the Giants from the Philadelphia Inquirer?

The Devils have been one of the most successful franchises in all of sports, yet while they were winning cups and division titles all the headlines in their local papers would be "Rangers Lose" or "Rangers Season Over" or " Rangers Going to Make Splash in Offseason".

They Constantly have to see their Rival in the local Headlines even though they have been the more successful team. It would of pissed me off too, if after Game 7 of the 1994 ECF the headlines of my local papers were " Devils Season Ends On OT on Soft Wrap Around"
The Devils won three cups in a relatively short period of time.. why the hell do their fans care what the newspapers say anyway?

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote