HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi-nyi

Old
05-31-2012, 06:58 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Get your panties out of the twist you have them in.
I didn't say Kane was a cancer.Nor did I bring his name into the thread.

Some players are simply immature.I don't want the isles,with a very young lockerroom, making a major trade,for an immature kane.
Kane's immature because he went out to party in the off-season? Gotchya.

It's weird, because Kane didn't really look "immature" leading the Hawks into the post-season, playing out of position, while Toews was out of the line-up.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:01 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
He had 66 pts this season.You tell me if the hawks management and fans were happy with that.
Kane was 14th in the league in ES scoring, despite a career-low in points. We're more concerned with where Kane will play and the anemic PP than we are about him bouncing back.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

It's weird, because Kane didn't really look "immature" leading the Hawks into the post-season, playing out of position, while Toews was out of the line-up.
Missed the recent article I posted in this thread?

I guess the hawks front office, who are encouraging Kane to seek treatment are also spreading bs about him?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...escapades.html
Blackhawks concerned about Patrick Kane’s off-ice escapades
BY ADAM L. JAHNS ajahns@suntimes.com May 29, 2012 9:48PM

But the Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
He had 66 pts this season.You tell me if the hawks management and fans were happy with that.
I am a Hawks fans and of course I was disappointed but players have off years, look no further than last year's Hart trophy winner and the piss poor year he had in comparison to last year. Ask the Ducks fans whether they are happy with how much Perry and Getzlaf contributed? Its the insinuation that Kane is bad locker room presence that most Hawks fans disagree with.

You bring up the Cab driver incident, Kane followed that with 88 points and played a major role in bringing the Cup to Chicago. The latest incident you say? A 23 year partying it up, blowing off some steam after a tough season, does anyone see anything wrong with that?

Again I would just like to mention that there are zero incidents of Kane being a problem in the Hawks dressing room. The guy is by all means a likeable guy with ONE questionable incident in his career which occurred three years ago. If you don't want him thats fine, we like him just where he is, staying put in Chicago.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:

The bolded is something I forgot to mention in my post.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
I am a Hawks fans and of course I was disappointed but players have off years, look no further than last year's Hart trophy winner and the piss poor year he had in comparison to last year. Ask the Ducks fans whether they are happy with how much Perry and Getzlaf contributed? Its the insinuation that Kane is bad locker room presence that most Hawks fans disagree with.

You bring up the Cab driver incident, Kane followed that with 88 points and played a major role in bringing the Cup to Chicago. The latest incident you say? A 23 year partying it up, blowing off some steam after a tough season, does anyone see anything wrong with that?

Again I would just like to mention that there are zero incidents of Kane being a problem in the Hawks dressing room. The guy is by all means a likeable guy with ONE questionable incident in his career which occurred three years ago. If you don't want him thats fine, we like just where he is, staying put in Chicago.
I didn't bring kane up.A fan proposed kane to LI and I said pass.
It's good that hawk fans are not concerned with his off ice actions and immaturity.

I posted an article from May 29,2012.Some members of the hawks front office, think Kane needs treatment.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
It's good that hawk fans are not concerned with his off ice actions and immaturity.

I posted an article from May 29,2012.Some members of the hawks front office, think Kane needs treatment.
And this is evidence of what exactly? One person thinks that Kane needs "help" (you made the leap to "treatment"). How is this evidence that Kane is a problem in the dressing room or that it has affected his on ice performance?

The only person whose opinion matters is Stan Bowman and he has already indicated that he wasn't happy with the incident. He has addressed it with Kane already.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
And this is evidence of what exactly? One person thinks that Kane needs "help" (you made the leap to "treatment"). How is this evidence that Kane is a problem in the dressing room or that it has affected his on ice performance?
Help or treatment?
You don't think they are the same in this situation?

It really doesn't matter to me.
Someone asked about a Kane to LI proposal and I gave my opinion.

If Hawk fans want to believe, one member of their front office is spreading lies or nonsense about Kane,that's their choice.
Don't believe his off ice behavior, has effected his on ice production? Ok.
If they want to believe the press is full of bs,spreading false info,go with it.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Help or treatment?
You don't think they are the same in this situation?

It really doesn't matter to me.
Someone asked about a Kane to LI proposal and I gave my opinion.

If Hawk fans want to believe, one member of their front office is spreading lies or nonsense about Kane,that's their choice.
Don't believe his off ice behavior, has effected his on ice production? Ok.
If they want to believe the press is full of bs,spreading false info,go with it.
No, until further clarification "help" is just help.

Ok.

You are extrapolating from "team source" to "someone in the front office", and even so, so what? The last time Kane did something stupid he ended up having his best season and we won the Cup. If his off ice issues are affecting his on ice performance, even better then we still havent seen the best of Patrick Kane.

No by all means we should be believing what Dead Spin (the oh so credible source ) reported about Kane.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
DontToewzMeBro

This is a good deal for both teams, you can't want to rebuild for 10 years either way these players reach their ECLs and will eventually push good players off the roster.

DontToewzMeBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Missed the recent article I posted in this thread?

I guess the hawks front office, who are encouraging Kane to seek treatment are also spreading bs about him?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...escapades.html
Blackhawks concerned about Patrick Kane’s off-ice escapades
BY ADAM L. JAHNS ajahns@suntimes.com May 29, 2012 9:48PM

But the Hawks are more than just disappointed in Kane. A team source told the Sun-Times that some in the organization have suggested that Kane seek help.
“He’s obviously got some issues,” the source said. “How many more times can these things happen? It’s a much bigger thing than some photographs in a 48-hour window.”
I'm a Hawks fan, I saw the article the minute it was released on Twitter via Adam Jahn's account.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:47 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

Immaturity is not going out and drinking with friends in the off-season. Immarturity is doing it in-season and thinking you can still play at a high level. I have no doubt, over Kane's career that he's had times where he stayed out a little too long the night before the game.. but I haven't seen anything in his play that would suggest it's a problem.

Patrick Kane went out and partied, false rumors were spread and now Chicago's "front office" is trying to show they're invested in the player and they're making sure they're getting the most out of that investment. It's not surprising.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:07 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
No, until further clarification "help" is just help.

Ok.

You are extrapolating from "team source" to "someone in the front office", and even so, so what? The last time Kane did something stupid he ended up having his best season and we won the Cup. If his off ice issues are affecting his on ice performance, even better then we still havent seen the best of Patrick Kane.

No by all means we should be believing what Dead Spin (the oh so credible source ) reported about Kane.

If Hawk fans want to believe it's all good,then as I said,go for it.

A non-isles fan proposed a Kane to LI proposal and I responded with a pass.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:09 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
If Hawk fans want to believe it's all good,then as I said,go for it.

A non-isles fan proposed a Kane to LI proposal and I responded with a pass.
No, you responded with a pass and a jab at his character/influence.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:10 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Immaturity is not going out and drinking with friends in the off-season. Immarturity is doing it in-season and thinking you can still play at a high level. I have no doubt, over Kane's career that he's had times where he stayed out a little too long the night before the game.. but I haven't seen anything in his play that would suggest it's a problem.

Patrick Kane went out and partied, false rumors were spread and now Chicago's "front office" is trying to show they're invested in the player and they're making sure they're getting the most out of that investment. It's not surprising.
The cab driver incident,the choking the girl incident,the heavy drinking and partying,the reports that the team wants him to seek help are bs.

Ok.Got it

Old
05-31-2012, 09:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
No, you responded with a pass and a jab at his character/influence.
My first post was ' I don't want him in the young NYI lockerroom'.

I left it at that,until my opinion was greeted with shock.."how could I not want kane"?

If Hawk fans want to buy that an unknown team source and the media are spreading bs about Kane,that's fine.

Don't expect everyone else to buy that story.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:25 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
The cab driver incident,the choking the girl incident,the heavy drinking and partying,the reports that the team wants him to seek help are bs.

Ok.Got it
Hey, I heard Tavares punched a new-born in the face in downtown Toronto last year..

Wait.. no.. that's not how you spread rumors. I have to start a blog and a twitter account and post my ******** there.. or contact DeadSpin. My bad.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
My first post was ' I don't want him in the young NYI lockerroom'.

I left it at that,until my opinion was greeted with shock.."how could I not want kane"?

If Hawk fans want to buy that an unknown team source and the media are spreading bs about Kane,that's fine.

Don't expect everyone else to buy that story.
No, you were greeted to "stop with the **** about Kane" when you know next to nothing about the kid.

I don't give a damn if you buy into ********. Good for you. My only hope is that the Islanders get to a point of relevancy again, maybe win a Cup and you have to deal with the ******** that would be started over your successful players having a good time in one of the biggest cities in the world.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Hey, I heard Tavares punched a new-born in the face in downtown Toronto last year..

Wait.. no.. that's not how you spread rumors. I have to start a blog and a twitter account and post my ******** there.. or contact DeadSpin. My bad.
That's right.The press are all lying on Kane.

I guess any day now,we'll see an interview from the Hawks gm,demanding some sort of retraction on the latest rumor:team wanting him to seek help.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
azrael111

Quote:

Ok.Got it
Agreed. Kane's a bad one, heard he killed someone playing lacrosse.

azrael111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
No, you were greeted to "stop with the **** about Kane" when you know next to nothing about the kid.

I don't give a damn if you buy into ********. Good for you. My only hope is that the Islanders get to a point of relevancy again, maybe win a Cup and you have to deal with the ******** that would be started over your successful players having a good time in one of the biggest cities in the world.
and I don't give a damn about Kane and his immaturity issues.

Someone proposed a Kane to LI proposal and I gave my opinion.

If that twists the panties of some hawks fans,oh well.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:38 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael111 View Post
Really?I heard the press has made up ALL these negative stories about Kane.
Darn shame

Old
06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
That's right.The press are all lying on Kane.

I guess any day now,we'll see an interview from the Hawks gm,demanding some sort of retraction on the latest rumor:team wanting him to seek help.
So DeadSpin counts as press? Gotchya.

Halt the presses! I heard Patrick Kane drowns kittens in his bathtub! My source? a site that admits to containing gossip.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:17 AM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael111 View Post
Yes I know the Islanders are the one that have the guy (Casey Cizikas) that killed someone playing rugby. But this thread has been massively derailed by petty bickering. Lets get back on topic.

Would Chicago be interested in A. Lee (or simlar prospect) and this years 2nd? or This years 2nd and next years 2nd? The Islanders currently have no defencemen they could send back in the deal as we have a majjor shortage ourselves. Unless you would be interested in RFA's such as Wishart.

KrisBeKreame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Alright, seriously.. just stop with this crap. Just stop.
He's not the kind of player you bring into NYC, where you can't throw a stone without hitting a reporter. Whether he's just a partier or he has a problem (the line between the two is pretty fuzzy), it'll make headlines either way.

Besides, I think it's pretty clear to NYI fans that to maximize JT, we need a righty shot.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Dan-o16 is offline   Reply With Quote