HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pat Kane's Future? **MOD WARNING POST #55**

Old
05-31-2012, 06:19 PM
countrygentleman
John Frusciante

vCash: 500
I love the overreaction about this on the seeking help part.

Kane is 23, one year removed from when most kids would graduate college. You know know how often kids get that belligerent at Wisconsin (or any school really?), at least once a week. It's no big issue.

countrygentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Aside from a few popularity hungry writers in Chicago, NOBODY wants to trade Kane. Not the majority of fans, not Quenville, not hawks players, not Rocky, and not Bowman.

Can you guys give it up already? These baseless speculations have been going on since January. You'd think at some point these "trade kane" nonsense would stop
You must be new here. Let me tell you how HFBoards works.

Step 1: A player earns a reputation on this site, something like "party boy," "whiner," "diver," "locker room cancer," or worst of all, "Russian." Once the reputation is in place, it doesn't go away easily. Note: the veracity of this reputation is irrelevant as long as it's been reported on/mentioned offhand by some figure in the media.

Step 2: As a result of this reputation, the player's perceived trade value plummets. The player becomes severely underrated by everyone but his team's fans.

Step 3: This drop in value attracts people looking to "buy low." The common perception is that all the player needs is a change of scenery to fix whatever problems they have, and that [insert team you team here] is the perfect place for him. Note: change of scenery is the solution to any and all problems.

There are several ways to get the trade proposals to stop. One is for a player to change their reputation. For instance, winning a Stanley Cup instantly resets the player's reputation to "clutch playoff performer," and they instantly become overrated (this only lasts a year or two though, as HFBoarders have difficulty remembering things that happened two or more years ago). Signing a long term deal immediately erases all interest. Extra points if the cap hit is judged to be an overpayment.

Back in the real world... yeah, Kane's not going anywhere. Chicago is a very top heavy team offensively with Kane, Toews, Sharp, and Hossa. They need to find a way to regain the secondary scoring they had with players like Byfuglien and Ladd during their cup run, and trading Kane isn't going to do that. It just puts that much more pressure on the guys behind him to pick up the slack. Chicago just needs to find a 2C and a decent goalie and they'll be back to contending.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
I love the overreaction about this on the seeking help part.

Kane is 23, one year removed from when most kids would graduate college. You know know how often kids get that belligerent at Wisconsin (or any school really?), at least once a week. It's no big issue.
Not to mention millions of dollars at his disposal...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
BuRe9
Rookie User

Michalek, Lehner for Kane. Gonchar too if you want

BuRe9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
This thread is about Patrick Kane's trade value. If anyone wants to make jokes about rehab or something like they - they will be removed from discussion and handed an infraction.

ColePens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
To the Penguins with a pick/prosp for Staal.
I think it would be more along the lines of Jordan Staal + other pieces for Kane, maybe Staal + 22nd overall for Kane, but this deal actually would make quite a bit of sense. This is of course assuming that Staal is not interested in re-signing with Pittsburgh (because he doesn't want to be stuck as a #3 C forever), but would agree to an extension with Chicago (where he'd be the unquestioned #2). A 1/2/3 punch at center of Toews/Staal/Bolland would be insanely good for Chicago, and even without Kane they'd have some nice wingers (guys like Hossa, Sharp and Stalberg, not to mention prospects like Saad, Morin, Hayes and Beach).

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:31 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I think it would be more along the lines of Jordan Staal + other pieces for Kane, maybe Staal + 22nd overall for Kane, but this deal actually would make quite a bit of sense. This is of course assuming that Staal is not interested in re-signing with Pittsburgh (because he doesn't want to be stuck as a #3 C forever), but would agree to an extension with Chicago (where he'd be the unquestioned #2). A 1/2/3 punch at center of Toews/Staal/Bolland would be insanely good for Chicago, and even without Kane they'd have some nice wingers (guys like Hossa, Sharp and Stalberg, not to mention prospects like Saad, Morin, Hayes and Beach).
The difference between Kane and Staal isn't a late 1st in a weak draft.

That'd be like Chicago trading Stalberg + 18th overall for Neal. Staal's a good player, but he's nowhere near the dynamic, offensive player Kane is.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:44 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Id take him on the Rangers

05-31-2012, 07:47 PM
FakeKidPoker*

Oh god not another trade Kane thread =_=

FakeKidPoker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:47 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
TO CHICAGO:
Paul Stastny
Ryan Wilson
Tyson Barrie
Calvin Pickard

TO COLORADO:
Patrick Kane
2012 4th round pick

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:53 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
The difference between Kane and Staal isn't a late 1st in a weak draft.

That'd be like Chicago trading Stalberg + 18th overall for Neal. Staal's a good player, but he's nowhere near the dynamic, offensive player Kane is.
Well, clearly Staal's nowhere close to as skilled offensively as Kane, but Staal's a 23 year old, 6'4" two-way center. He's one of the top defensive centers in the league, has great intangibles in general, and made big strides offensively last season (in my opinion), putting up 25 goals/50 points in 62 games with minimal PP time in the regular season, which he followed up with 6 goals/9 points in 6 games in the playoffs. He's looking like one of the best #2 centers in the league, that's certainly worth a lot.

Kane is amazingly talented offensively, but he's also a bit undersized, plays fairly poor defense, is a bit of a headache/dbag off the ice and in the lockerroom, and generally has nowhere close to the intangibles that Staal has. Chicago fans should understand this, Kane has more offensive talent than Toews, but all Hawks fans seem to see Toews as more valuable to the team, or even way more valuable. I think Kane's a bit more valuable than Jordan Staal overall, but not WAY more valuable, Staal is an excellent young 2-way center.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:03 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
TO CHICAGO:
Paul Stastny
Ryan Wilson
Tyson Barrie
Calvin Pickard

TO COLORADO:
Patrick Kane
2012 4th round pick
Chicago takes on less production at a higher price and only get a #6 Dman, and a couple solid prospects (which they have in spades) to make up the difference?

Eh.. no thanks.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Well, clearly Staal's nowhere close to as skilled offensively as Kane, but Staal's a 23 year old, 6'4" two-way center. He's one of the top defensive centers in the league, has great intangibles in general, and made big strides offensively last season (in my opinion), putting up 25 goals/50 points in 62 games with minimal PP time in the regular season, which he followed up with 6 goals/9 points in 6 games in the playoffs. He's looking like one of the best #2 centers in the league, that's certainly worth a lot.

Kane is amazingly talented offensively, but he's also a bit undersized, plays fairly poor defense, is a bit of a headache/dbag off the ice and in the lockerroom, and generally has nowhere close to the intangibles that Staal has. Chicago fans should understand this, Kane has more offensive talent than Toews, but all Hawks fans seem to see Toews as more valuable to the team, or even way more valuable. I think Kane's a bit more valuable than Jordan Staal overall, but not WAY more valuable, Staal is an excellent young 2-way center.
Yeah, looking at Patrick Sharp's comments today really makes me think Patrick Kane is a ********* in the lockerroom. Another great example of a person who likely barely follows the Hawks and thus barely knows the players or their personalities and is dragging down Kane's personality.

Patrick Kane is a great teammate. When he was moved from RW, the position he was a year removed from being named a 1st team all-star for.. he didn't *****, he didn't whine or cry.. he sucked it up and gave it a shot for the good of the team. He helped carry Chicago into the post-season and has been one of their most clutch playoff performers throughout his time in Chicago. His teammates love him and every young player, who other team's fans seemingly want to protect from Kane and his "influence" have only ever had good things to say about Kane and the way he treats them.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

I'd take him. For all the baggage he brings what with his reputation for being a partier and an asshat (of course, none of us know the guy personally so you can't harp on this too much) he has talent that few posses. And he's still a young guy who has the potential to mature should any of the crap we hear about Kane actually be a concern. So you'd have to think his value is still extremely high, higher than most would be willing to pay.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:28 PM
steveott x29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gongshowlad29 View Post
An article from the Chicago Times http://www.suntimes.com/sports/hocke...seek-help.html suggests that the Blackhawks are fed up with Kane's antics and drinking. What should the Blackhawks do? Maybe a change in scenery would be best for Kane?
miller for kane ?

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:54 PM
Marlowe Syn
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

vCash: 29943
I will preface my comments by saying I'm an old school Minnesota North Star boy. i have been programmed to hate all things Blackhawk. Kane definitely falls in that category. Although there are a lot of things about this team I respect, and just plain like. e.g. Toews, Sharp, Bolland, Keith and Leddy(you won that trade, respect). But back to Kane. Snarky little punk, who's owed a cabbie hack beatdown. On the same token; Cinco de Mayo, Madison Wisconsin, no 5-0 intervention. Relax people; worse infractions have occurred against pro athletes. Sheesh I can tell you UofW-M/Madison stories that could get me suspended from being an NHL spectator. Being drunk on May 5th won't even get you party respect points at the local Madison Jr High. Much ado about nothing here. Patty will probably get an intervention meeting by Slowman Jr, but not going to jettison an immensely talented weiner over this.

Marlowe Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
TO CHICAGO:
Paul Stastny
Ryan Wilson
Tyson Barrie
Calvin Pickard

TO COLORADO:
Patrick Kane
2012 4th round pick
Stastny isn't gonna get it done. Any proposal on our end starts with Duchene.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGuy14 View Post
Strike 1 + Strike 2 + Strike 3 = You're out, all in one post.

I'm thinking they would some of these assets Ryan / Etem / 2012 1st / Fowler. It would take at least two of those four, and probably more than that
Pat Kane is barely better than Bobby Ryan

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:56 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Chicago takes on less production at a higher price and only get a #6 Dman, and a couple solid prospects (which they have in spades) to make up the difference?

Eh.. no thanks.
Kane does not really fit our needs that well anyways. All we have in the system is small forwards. We need more size up front which is why if I was trading Duchene for a winger it would be someone like Ryan.

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:03 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveott x29 View Post
miller for kane ?
About 50% at least of Sabres fans do not want Kane. And those that do always bring up "but but but he was born in Buffalooooooo!!!"

Pathetic and sad reason

Do not want in any way shape or form. Maybe in about 5-6 years IF he matures.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

ok now that the mods warning is on i ll re ask what would the blackhawks want from the kings for him ?

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:10 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Kane does not really fit our needs that well anyways. All we have in the system is small forwards. We need more size up front which is why if I was trading Duchene for a winger it would be someone like Ryan.
Which is definately fine with me.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:18 PM
dan1el

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
To the Penguins with a pick/prosp for Staal.
Wow, horrible for both ends.

Kane is better than Staal. So the value is already way off.

Chicago doesn't really need defensive-minded forwards. They could use scorers. On the other hand, Pittsburgh has the two undisputed best point-producers in the league, but as we saw in the Philly series, lacks talent in their own end. Plus, I didn't see all of the series, but it looked like Staal was one of the few Pens players with the drive to actually play, so they really don't want Kane for him. They need some defensive minds.

I don't think there's any hope for a deal based on these two.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:21 PM
KingJet*
Welcome Back

Buffalo for Roy, Armia, 1st and Enroth/Miller

KingJet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
FakeKidPoker*