HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Penguins 3rd Edge Socks?

Old
05-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 648
Penguins 3rd Edge Socks?

Im looking for the Reebok Edge socks(retail or Pro stock) to match the Penguins 3rds from a few years ago, the powder blue ones. I have looked everywhere online but have only found juniors sizes. Does anyone know of a place that keep them in stock? Im over the old wool ones already.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:43 PM
AIREAYE

vCash: 500
You could ask your local store to order them in.

AIREAYE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
You could ask your local store to order them in.
I think they have been discontinued.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Hugh Madbrough

I tried to find them a few months ago and all I can say is good luck. They aren't making them anymore.

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
I tried to find them a few months ago and all I can say is good luck. They aren't making them anymore.
Ya this sucks. I was hoping there was a local shop someone might know of that had them.

Old
05-31-2012, 04:13 PM
jsykes

How bad do you want them and how many would you buy to get them?

There are several companies that make a sock very similar to and Edge design that will custom do you any color combo you want. I know of one that will require only 12 pairs to do them. They'll run you about the same price or slightly less than Edge socks, be a similar material and can have them matched exactly.

If you're willing to buy a few pair (sell some to friends) you can have that done.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:30 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
How bad do you want them and how many would you buy to get them?

There are several companies that make a sock very similar to and Edge design that will custom do you any color combo you want. I know of one that will require only 12 pairs to do them. They'll run you about the same price or slightly less than Edge socks, be a similar material and can have them matched exactly.

If you're willing to buy a few pair (sell some to friends) you can have that done.
I looked into that and I think it will be the only way to go. A few of the guys on the team want them as well so I will just have to eat the rest.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
I looked into that and I think it will be the only way to go. A few of the guys on the team want them as well so I will just have to eat the rest.
What about buying juniors socks at roughly 4" shorter and having a seamstress sew some additional length on them with either like colored material or buying an additional pair and using that? Maybe get three sets out of four sets? I would think that most if not all of that would be hidden under your pants anyway. Hockey Monkey shows they have them in stock now at $16.98... Just a thought!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:33 PM
jsykes

Thats not a bad thought, but jr socks are a decent amount narrower than adult socks as well as being short. So unless you're really skinny and wear small shins its likely they'd be too tight and quite uncomfortable.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:04 PM
AIREAYE

Have you looked at other brands who make socks?

Old
05-31-2012, 08:39 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
What about buying juniors socks at roughly 4" shorter and having a seamstress sew some additional length on them with either like colored material or buying an additional pair and using that? Maybe get three sets out of four sets? I would think that most if not all of that would be hidden under your pants anyway. Hockey Monkey shows they have them in stock now at $16.98... Just a thought!
Thats not a bad idea but I am 6"1 and have pretty big legs, I will have to think about that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Have you looked at other brands who make socks?
It looks like AK makes them but I cant find them online anywhere. I will have to check with my LHS. Any other companies that might have them.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:00 PM
AIREAYE

http://www.junkyardathletic.com/cms/
http://www.kamazuhockey.com/main/

Old
06-01-2012, 02:01 AM
clayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsykes View Post
Thats not a bad thought, but jr socks are a decent amount narrower than adult socks as well as being short. So unless you're really skinny and wear small shins its likely they'd be too tight and quite uncomfortable.
It would definitely only work up to some sizes, that's for sure!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:34 AM
jsykes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post

It looks like AK makes them but I cant find them online anywhere. I will have to check with my LHS. Any other companies that might have them.
AK, K1 and SP are all options, but they do not stock stuff, they are made to order. So you wont find them in stock unless someone decided to simply have some made and stock them.

These were a couple of the companies I had in mind from my previous suggestion. Hooking up with an LHS or other retail establishment can then get them made for you by AK or K1 and sell to you. Looking at my K1 literature, its a 12 pair minimum.

Old
07-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

A little update in case any of you are looking for these. I found the AK version of these socks on Concrete pond. They are not exactly the same as the Edge socks but a lot better then the old style sock. They let you order just one pair too, they got them to me in about a week.

http://www.concretepond.com/details....y=20&keywords=