HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Fantrax League Topic #2

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
If nobody objects then I'm going to keep the scoring stats changed to the new format. It lowers skater values a bit, which in turn makes goalies more valuable, but I feel it should be that way considering the amount of skaters there are compared to quality goalies.

What about Lundqvist? I might draft him instead of Stamkos. Of course I'm only looking at NHL players in return though since I'm full of quality prospects now.

Might draft Schneider too in the prospect draft. Don't you already have like three quality goalies? lol.
I would offer a much better return for Rinne then Lundqvist

Old
05-17-2012, 01:55 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
I think that's far too soon
Nothing's set in stone. I'd really like it to be in June rather then July though. I can push it off till the end of June I suppose, but that's the latest I'd like it to be.

Old
05-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
Don't you already have like three quality goalies? lol.
Well, I do have Quick, Howard, and Rask. Rask I cant really quantify as "quality" since he is still technically a back-up. Howard I would be willing to give up in a package for Rinne though.

Old
05-18-2012, 12:18 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nothing's set in stone. I'd really like it to be in June rather then July though. I can push it off till the end of June I suppose, but that's the latest I'd like it to be.
I think we should let the real off-season play out. If this was last year, Voracek and Simmonds getting assumed increased roles would completely change how some people would draft. Whoever has Rick Nash might change how they draft depending on which team he is traded to.

Old
05-18-2012, 12:42 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
Well, I do have Quick, Howard, and Rask. Rask I cant really quantify as "quality" since he is still technically a back-up. Howard I would be willing to give up in a package for Rinne though.
How about Howard and Rask?

Quote:
I think we should let the real off-season play out. If this was last year, Voracek and Simmonds getting assumed increased roles would completely change how some people would draft. Whoever has Rick Nash might change how they draft depending on which team he is traded to.
Very fair opinion.

However you could argue that it adds excitement to the real NHL off-season if we do our draft early. You could also argue that you should be drafting based upon the knowledge that some players are likely to end up somewhere else then they currently are and that you should also be drafting based upon a player's capability rather then where they play. In the end though I'll probably end up conceding to you.

Old
05-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Quote:
How about Howard and Rask?
One or the other, but not both. I still want to keep 3 goalies I know will see plenty of playing time.

Old
05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkoll View Post
One or the other, but not both. I still want to keep 3 goalies I know will see plenty of playing time.
PM me what you would offer for the 1st overall (then you can pick whoever you want).

Old
05-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Garbage Goal

EDIT: Nm, disregard the previous message. New trade has gone down between me and Last Place (PALE PWNR).

Couture+Varlomov+Henrique+#8 overall+#17 overall for #1 overall.

Any major objections?

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 05-21-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old
05-22-2012, 08:29 AM
Mkoll
Inkvisiittori

Boo.

Fine, well if anyone else wants to grab Rinne and would like to make a deal with me let me know.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:18 PM
Garbage Goal

Sent trade offers to four of you. Trying to package Thornton, Johanson, Connolly, and Hackett for one or two players.

Old
05-25-2012, 03:31 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I'm pretty sure you've been trying to haul out Thornton since about 3 seconds after you drafted him

05-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I'm pretty sure you've been trying to haul out Thornton since about 3 seconds after you drafted him
Hey hey now, I traded him Thornton. I was trying to get rid of him for a lonnnng time and we finally struck a deal, but then he kept trying to trade him back to me!

Old
05-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Geez, does he smell bad?

Old
05-31-2012, 06:53 PM
Garbage Goal

I finalized the draft order. That means are picks you own, for this upcoming pro draft, have been converted into round/pick number format. Go to you Team page to check where you draft each round and go to the Draft Room to see how the draft, as a whole, lines up. See if there's anything that seems like an error and, if there is, report it to me and I'll double-check to make sure nothing's wrong.

This is pretty important as it's my first time finalizing a draft order and I want to make sure I did it right. Need everybody's help to do that.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Geez, does he smell bad?
The bitter scent of playoff loss emanates from him.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:00 PM
Garbage Goal

Also, stay tuned to updates as I'm very tempted to start the pro draft, with a 24 hour time limit on picks again (though there will be no need for instant queues this time as we will have started much earlier then last season and our rosters are shorter) as soon as tomorrow. Or at least before the real NHL playoffs end.

I know that seems rather rash and unexpected as well as short-sighted, but like I said, I have personal reasons for it. Anyone that would like to know these personal reasons can PM me to find out as I'm uncomfortable talking about them in a public manner. I'm fine with talking about them privately though.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 05-31-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Well sounds good to me. Though to begin with you might actually want to make the time limit a little longer in case some people here are away and won't see this..

Old
05-31-2012, 07:07 PM
JVR21
G

I'm down for starting it asap.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Garbage Goal

You know what, to be somewhat fair as a commissioner I might as well state my reason(s) publicly. I suffer from depression and am technically diagnosed with major depressive disorder. It's very severe for me to the point of suicidal thoughts. I lead a very boring, uneventful life whether I'm at work or home. I need something to keep me distracted in the hockey off-season so a draft with a 24 hour time limit on picks should hold me over for a long while.

I know that's a selfish reason, but that's the sum of it. It'll help, somewhat, with the depression and thoughts and I'm going to be somewhat selfish here and start the draft right now. I'll send out a mass e-mail now to let everyone know.

I mean, whatever help I can get right? Fantasy hockey is a very big hobby for me. Means a lot to me actually, funnily enough.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:17 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
However you could argue that it adds excitement to the real NHL off-season if we do our draft early. You could also argue that you should be drafting based upon the knowledge that some players are likely to end up somewhere else then they currently are and that you should also be drafting based upon a player's capability rather then where they play. In the end though I'll probably end up conceding to you.
You can't always predict that though. How many people thought Dany Heatley and Martin Havlat would be traded last summer, much less for each other?

I'm ready for whatever happens, I don't think many of my targets will be on the move.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Garbage Goal

By the way, if this causes too much of an uproar then I can always reset the draft or suspend/pause it. It's part of the powers I have as a commissioner. So no matter what we can do the draft whenever.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
You can't always predict that though. How many people thought Dany Heatley and Martin Havlat would be traded last summer, much less for each other?

I'm ready for whatever happens, I don't think many of my targets will be on the move.
As far as injury concerns go, the vast majority of injuries will be healed by the beginning of next season and major injuries, except for those that could occur in the rest of the SCF, are known by now (such as Taylor Hall).

As for players being traded, I'm a believer that a player's production is more dependent on said player's capability then anything else. For instance, although Heatley's production did fall by about 10 points last season in his transition to Minny, his goal production was consistent as it only fell by two.

As for Havlat, well his season was lost mostly to injury, but for the games he did play he put up good numbers and they were somewhat consistent with his last season in Minny.

There's very few stars traded in the off-season and most that are traded or signed elsewhere are already known to be possibly moved. For instance, we already know Suter, Parise, and Nash are possible to be moved. By the way, I don't intend to cause conflict or argue with you, I just have personal reasons for doing this and there seems to be no major discontent towards it. Only a few have spoken about when we should start it and of those people only one or two, including you, have spoken against it.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Garbage Goal

Also, keep in mind people, that while drafting there is a games played limit on who you draft. Anyone with 82 games played or less (equal to one full season), not including playoffs games, counts as a prospect. So, Cory Schneider for instance, is not available to be drafted.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Garbage Goal

First pick is Stamkos.

I'm on the computer often and I have the power to draft for anyone and everyone. So if you want me to draft for you because you can't or won't be able to go to the draft room then you can ask me to draft for you.

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 05-31-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old
05-31-2012, 09:22 PM
Garbage Goal

To make the draft move faster, here's a few tips (although none are absolutely necessary):

-Like I said before, send me your pick if you can't pick for yourself.

-I very much encourage draft queues if you're not on a lot. They help a hell of a lot. Not absolutely necessary if you don't like them, like I said before.

-This should be on by default IIRC, but check the option that notifies you by e-mail when it's your turn.

Closed Thread