HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If you could steal one player off the Devils roster who would it be and why?

Old
05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

vCash: 500
None of them. Hope they get swept.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
We did this for the other series, so here it goes.... ( could someone post the reverse of this question on the Devils board, im not allowed on their board)

My answer Parise. He'd fit this team well IMO, add some scoring.
Aw shucks, only one. Anyway, here is my list in order of preference:

-Kovy
-Parise
-Zajac
-Henrique
-Clarkson

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Aw shucks, only one. Anyway, here is my list in order of preference:

-Kovy
-Parise
-Zajac
-Henrique
-Clarkson
Well you think every player on the Rangers sucks, I'm surprised you didn't choose their entire roster.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:58 PM
94now

Why Kovy, if we already got Ovi and Alfi from previous similarly silly threads?

Just sign Semin, Slats. Let us see what Torts is made of!!

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Henrique for me. Young, big, skilled, on a ELC, and great attitude.

Don't want Kovalchuk on that contract in 3-4 years, and he's been inconsistent as a devil so far. He had a great year this season, but last year he was awful and looked completely lost most of the time. He's still an enigma. I can't wait for him to go scoreless in 5 games as the devils lose to the kings.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:37 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Henrique for me. Young, big, skilled, on a ELC, and great attitude.

Don't want Kovalchuk on that contract in 3-4 years, and he's been inconsistent as a devil so far. He had a great year this season, but last year he was awful and looked completely lost most of the time. He's still an enigma. I can't wait for him to go scoreless in 5 games as the devils lose to the kings.
You really cannot count Kovys first half last year because the entire team was horrible due to that non NHL coach we hired. Once Lemaire came back and actually instituted a system Kovy was above a point per game player for the rest of the season.

Last season and a half Kovy has 125 pts in 117 games.

And his contract is not bad at all, a 6.6 cap hit is a steal for him. The only reason why its bad for the Devils is their financial problems.

Overall I am extremely happy to see Kovy play an all around game while still putting up over a point per game.

If I had to steal a player from the Rangers (besides Lundqvist) it would obviously be McD. That man is a tank with a ton of skill, I have great respect for that player.

Last edited by NjDevsRR: 05-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.
NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:40 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjDevsRR View Post
You really cannot count Kovys first half last year because the entire team was horrible due to that non NHL we hired. Once Lemaire came back and actually instituted a system Kovy was above a point per game player for the rest of the season.

And his contract is not bad at all, a 6.6 cap hit is a steal for him. The only reason why its bad for the Devils is thier financial problems.

Overall I am extremely happy to see Kovy play an all around game while still putting up over a point per game.
I'm still not sold on him being a consistent worker the way he's been this year. I still see him as an enigma who could start dogging it if he's not happy. Reminds me a bit of a young, immature Jagr.

He's still talented enough to be my second choice, but for me, I'd take Henrique as I think he's going to be a star and is still on a ELC for another year before he becomes a non-arbitration RFA. He's going to be underpaid for the foreseeable future.

Old
05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
NjDevsRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I'm still not sold on him being a consistent worker the way he's been this year. I still see him as an enigma who could start dogging it if he's not happy. Reminds me a bit of a young, immature Jagr.

He's still talented enough to be my second choice, but for me, I'd take Henrique as I think he's going to be a star and is still on a ELC for another year before he becomes a non-arbitration RFA. He's going to be underpaid for the foreseeable future.
I use to think that, and I understand why you said that but I am completely sold on him now after watching him this season. He is a team first guy and does whatever to win. Of course he is not perfect in the defensive zone but he is 100 times better than last year. He converted to right wing because Debo wanted him there and he flourished there, he will do anything to win. I wish everyone can see Kovy at 100% right now because he was a delight to watch in March and April. He is missing a gear in the playoffs due to that back problem which is a damn shame.

And Henrique impresses me more every game, such an intelligent player.

NjDevsRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
I use to think that, and I understand why you said that but I am completely sold on him now after watching him this season. He is a team first guy and does whatever to win. Of course he is not perfect in the defensive zone but he is 100 times better than last year. He converted to right wing because Debo wanted him there and he flourished there, he will do anything to win. I wish everyone can see Kovy at 100% right now because he was a delight to watch in March and April. He is missing a gear in the playoffs due to that back problem which is a damn shame.

Henrique is a gem. 2 OT series winners in his rookie year? I don't care what kind of goals they were. That is pretty damn impressive.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:54 PM
Affinity

None. Because we acquire Devils and they turn into ****. Just don't.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well you think every player on the Rangers sucks, I'm surprised you didn't choose their entire roster.
Not every player, just the overpaid ones like Maryanne "Mr Sofie" Gaborik and Bradley Richards for starters. While we're at it, Del Zaster won't hit his potential because he's a "dummy on skates" and Stephanie better get stronger and improve his skating or he's already maxed out. Want others chief? Tell me in all candor that you wouldn't want any of the Devils I mentioned on my list? Tell me that Parise and Kovy aren't head and shoulders better than Richie and Gabby and Zajac and Henrique aren't way better than Stephanie as centers? Also tell me we have a guy as tough in the corners who scored 30 goals this past season like Clarkson?

Get the drift yet or are you living in Ranger fantasyland also?

Old
05-30-2012, 02:21 PM
vbman09

vCash: 100
I don't want anymore Devils,

Gun to my head....Kovy

vbman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Noonan25

I go with Parise, what's bad about having 2 callahans? He is perfect for rangers

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
When I read the title, I said to myself "seriously?". Though after reading the posts, I'm stunned at the number of people NOT saying Parise!

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:57 PM
bernmeister

While Parise, Kovy and others deserve kudos, Larssen is the lynchpin to their D. I wouldn't say they completely fall apart without him, but he has a synergistic effect, with him they are better than the sum of their parts, without him only as good as their best individual efforts.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:

Yeah, you're actually starting to convince me. Especially at a cap-hit under 7. He's no Selke candidate, but he is light years ahead of Ovechkin.

You can't go wrong with either. Both are outstanding offensive players with size and skill.

Old
05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
94rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
Brodeur, so I can send him down to CT to room with Avery.
Ha Ha Ha Ha....

94rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
WalterHeisenberg

vCash: 133
Kovy

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:23 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Not every player, just the overpaid ones like Maryanne "Mr Sofie" Gaborik and Bradley Richards for starters. While we're at it, Del Zaster won't hit his potential because he's a "dummy on skates" and Stephanie better get stronger and improve his skating or he's already maxed out. Want others chief? Tell me in all candor that you wouldn't want any of the Devils I mentioned on my list? Tell me that Parise and Kovy aren't head and shoulders better than Richie and Gabby and Zajac and Henrique aren't way better than Stephanie as centers? Also tell me we have a guy as tough in the corners who scored 30 goals this past season like Clarkson?

Get the drift yet or are you living in Ranger fantasyland also?
Cally and Hags. Speed and grit in those 2. I suppose you worship players like bickel and mitchell. You only scrutinize certain players that benefit us. Tell me, without Gabby are we in 1st? Without Brad who is a semi decent center with speed and hockey iq? Who's are offenseive Dman without MDZ? Dont you dare say staal because you rip him every chance. You get.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:53 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Cally and Hags. Speed and grit in those 2. I suppose you worship players like bickel and mitchell. You only scrutinize certain players that benefit us. Tell me, without Gabby are we in 1st? Without Brad who is a semi decent center with speed and hockey iq? Who's are offenseive Dman without MDZ? Dont you dare say staal because you rip him every chance. You get.
Staal played well and is part of the solution going forward; Del Zotto? Not sure yet. I really like Hags but he belongs on a 3rd line; Cally is Cally, hopefully he doesn't burn out in 3 years with the way he plays.

Everybody around here knows I can't stomach Gaborik's game since day one and even though he produces in the regular season, I would dump him in a heartbeat but no team in their right mind would take his overpriced contract.

Richards? I have no big issues with him and I stated that it was a necessary signing at the time. However, he is anything but an elite player and at some point pretty soon, his contract will become an albatross for the organization.

Anybody else? Stepan? Smart player with great passing skills but he absolutely has to get physically stronger and become a better skater or his career will plateau and he'll always have issues producing in the playoffs.

McDonagh? An absolutely stud; the best young defensive defenseman in hockey and has the tools and the smarts to become a top 5 d-man in the league.

Goodnite.

Old
05-31-2012, 07:56 PM
JayQueensNY88*

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Definitely Brodeur. Then I'd open a Dunkin' Donuts across from the Garden.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Dactyl

kovalchuk or larsson

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
You really cannot count Kovys first half last year because the entire team was horrible due to that non NHL coach we hired. Once Lemaire came back and actually instituted a system Kovy was above a point per game player for the rest of the season.

And his contract is not bad at all, a 6.6 cap hit is a steal for him. The only reason why its bad for the Devils is their financial problems.

If I had to steal a player from the Rangers (besides Lundqvist) it would obviously be McD. That man is a tank with a ton of skill, I have great respect for that player.
not the price the length 15 years is ridiculous no matter how good the player is

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:50 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
We did this for the other series, so here it goes.... ( could someone post the reverse of this question on the Devils board, im not allowed on their board)

My answer Parise. He'd fit this team well IMO, add some scoring.
I don't know if they would take too kindly my posting a thread on this, but I'll answer it personally.

My answer is simple. Chris Kreider.

While we have Henrique, and Larsson, and even Josefson who adds speed, and faceoff skills which we lack we haven't been so lucky with first round draft picks in years. I'm very impressed with Kreider. It might be premature since I haven't seen a whole season of him, but I'm digging Kreider. I think he'll be the Calder Trophy winner in 2013 if he stays healthy.

Bleedred is online now   Reply With Quote