HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NYR "Untouchables" Poll / Discussion

Old
05-31-2012, 05:28 PM
Deathdealer

vCash: 500
i am 100% glad none of you controll the team, you are all out of your minds

Deathdealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:51 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
That is a much more valid comparison than the Trottier nonsense some have used. It is not Stepan's fault that he is over rated. Its the media/fans doing. I do understand your statistical comment and it might turn out to be true. My hesitation is when I see Nash on teams of all star players (Olympics, WC) he usually is one of the most dominant guys on the ice. I don't know why that doesn't show up more in his statistics.
*Coughs* Dubinsky

*Coughs* Anisimov

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:48 PM
Ryan McDonut
McD for Captain

so if we ship stepan out who replaces him at center? we really don't have any center depth. i mean brian freaking boyle is our third line center. you guys want to ship out stepan? that leaves us with anisimov to take the second line center spot and i dont think hes a second line center.

we dont need to sell the farm to get nash, we should worry about rounding out our bottom six (preferably the 3rd line) with a couple of players who are a lock for 20 goals.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:12 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Mdz

Hi guys, this is my first post on HF Boards. Anyways.... I was wondering why everyone here sees so much potential in MDZ. He gives up tons of chances, rarely, if ever scores, and can't handle the odd man rushes in his own zone. Maybe I'm missing something?

Last edited by KreidertheGlider: 05-31-2012 at 08:18 PM.
KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:42 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreidertheGlider View Post
Hi guys, this is my first post on HF Boards. Anyways.... I was wondering why everyone here sees so much potential in MDZ. He gives up tons of chances, rarely, if ever scores, and can't handle the odd man rushes in his own zone. Maybe I'm missing something?
Simple.

Look at the improvement in one year. Last year he would allow maybe 4/5 great scoring chances a game while this year cut it down to 3/4 (Thank you henrik).

Re scoring: When he scores a GWG the fans will talk about it all season and justify it as the reason he must stay. In addition he has proven that he can regularly hit the backboard on a fly from the point.

He can do all that and he's just 22.

In all seriousness, he can go through games and look like a top defenseman and other games.....????

He is young and one day can prove to be a top defenseman but I believe the team has needs and must weigh the options if suitors come inquiring.

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Only untouchable is McDonagh and Lundqvist.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Only untouchable is McDonagh and Lundqvist.
Was going to post same thing.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:02 PM
GoGoKreider

My first post here so please be easy on me. Im kinda gonna stray a little bit about being totally untouchable. Im gonna say who i believe is untouchable do to either cost or that other teams won't trade for that player.

Kreider- We saw what he did in the playoffs with never even being in the nhl.
Cally- Im kind of biased, but he has more heart on the team then anyone since messier, and that to me has to do alot with the teams success.
Stephan- His salary and a good 2nd line player for years to come is of great value.

McDonagh- Do i even have to explain??
Staal- I trully believe he will be the top defensive player when he is 100percent again.
Girardi- Would be my 3rd, but i believe he is at the highest trade value he will ever be. Hes a very good d, but i truly believe his trade value would be worth it for the right price.

Every other defensive player is trad able in my opinion for the right price. Even Girardi.

GoGoKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:02 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Nope, it's just that so many fans fall overly in love with their own prospects/players.

Del Zotto has potential to improve, but I also don't like his attitude at times. He seems to pout on the bench when he makes a mistake instead of shaking it off and moving on, he lets it linger all game in the back of his mind and makes more mistakes.

I want to move him while his value is still very high to address the glaring need for big, reliable goal scorers.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:12 PM
GoGoKreider

My first post here so please be easy on me. Im kinda gonna stray a little bit about being totally untouchable. Im gonna say who i believe is untouchable do to either cost or that other teams won't trade for that player.

Kreider- We saw what he did in the playoffs with never even being in the nhl.
Cally- Im kind of biased, but he has more heart on the team then anyone since messier, and that to me has to do alot with the teams success.
Stephan- His salary and a good 2nd line player for years to come is of great value.

McDonagh- Do i even have to explain??
Staal- I trully believe he will be the top defensive player when he is 100percent again.
Girardi- Would be my 3rd, but i believe he is at the highest trade value he will ever be. Hes a very good d, but i truly believe his trade value would be worth it for the right price.

Every other defensive player is trad able in my opinion for the right price. Even Girardi.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:19 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Lundqvist.

There isn't a single player in the game i'd trade Hank for.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:29 PM
GoGoKreider

I think with the way he played this year his First name hank should be removed and replaced with King.

Old
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Lundqvist.

There isn't a single player in the game i'd trade Hank for.
A single player, no.

But, wouldn't you trade Lundqvist for Quick, Kopitar, and Doughty?

Old
05-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
I don't see how Gaborik could even be considered untouchable.

Maybe "untradeable" because of his massively overpaid contract, and his NTC.

But, if you could get a guy like Ryan or Nash straight up for Gaborik, you wouldn't do it?!

We need goal scorers who we can actually RELY on in the PLAYOFFS. Gaborik is the antithesis of a playoff performer. He's like the opposite of Claude Lemieux, who ( for you kiddies ) would score ~15 goals during the regular season and then be a point-per-game player in the playoffs and just be all over the place, scoring huge goals, hitting, battling, winning.

Gaborik is not even close to untouchable, IMO. He's NOT a part of the core. He's NOT a long-term solution. He's not a part of the future success. GABORIK MUST GO.
did you feel the same way when he won the triple o.t game vs the Caps?

i bet you didnt

typical over-reaction post

Nash for Gaborik straight up?no ty,awful trade for the Rangers.
a bigger contract for even less production.exactly what this team doesnt need.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:23 PM
GoGoKreider

I agree to a point. But terrible team with a superstar is different than a very good team with a superstar. Plus Nash is unproven in playoffs since his team has always been terrible.Its rolling the dice and hoping he shines in the big stage. We all know what happened to Gomez and Drury when they went to the Rangers. I wouldn't risk putting us in cap hell for a maybe. Lets get our 3rd/4th lines stronger. Maybe if we had that we would be talking about the SCF instead of this.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imissaveryfire View Post
I agree to a point. But terrible team with a superstar is different than a very good team with a superstar. Plus Nash is unproven in playoffs since his team has always been terrible.Its rolling the dice and hoping he shines in the big stage. We all know what happened to Gomez and Drury when they went to the Rangers. I wouldn't risk putting us in cap hell for a maybe. Lets get our 3rd/4th lines stronger. Maybe if we had that we would be talking about the SCF instead of this.
our 3rd and 4th lines are fine.thats not what this team needs.they need another potential 30 goal scorer to compliment Gaborik,not replace him.we have more then enough bottom 6 players already.

we need 1 more big sniper to help free up space and compliment our only true sniper,Gaborik.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:33 PM
Riverdale

McDonagh
Staal
maybe Girardi

Kreider
Richards

Hank

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:36 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post

i bet you didnt

What does that have to do with anything?

I was THRILLED when he scored the goal. I'm a Rangers fan. But, when he scored that goal, did I think "Wow Gaborik is such a difference maker! He's all over the place, hitting people, deking through everyone and scoring at will! What a complete player!?"

No. I was thrilled he scored the goal and we won the game, but Richards and Girardi were more impressive on that play, and I still thought that Gaborik was struggling to be a factor.

This is not an overreaction. It's a conclusion based on his three years as Ranger and the type of player hes proved to be.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
You're not missing anything pal.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:44 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Nope, it's just that so many fans fall overly in love with their own prospects/players.

Del Zotto has potential to improve, but I also don't like his attitude at times. He seems to pout on the bench when he makes a mistake instead of shaking it off and moving on, he lets it linger all game in the back of his mind and makes more mistakes.

I want to move him while his value is still very high to address the glaring need for big, reliable goal scorers.
Giddy up; I'm with you on Del Zaster!

Old
05-31-2012, 10:46 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
Was going to post same thing.
I would add Kreider to the list based on his size, speed and skillset. He could be a a big producer here.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:47 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?

I was THRILLED when he scored the goal. I'm a Rangers fan. But, when he scored that goal, did I think "Wow Gaborik is such a difference maker! He's all over the place, hitting people, deking through everyone and scoring at will! What a complete player!?"

No. I was thrilled he scored the goal and we won the game, but Richards and Girardi were more impressive on that play, and I still thought that Gaborik was struggling to be a factor.

This is not an overreaction. It's a conclusion based on his three years as Ranger and the type of player hes proved to be.
"He's all over the place, hitting people, deking through everyone and scoring at will! What a complete player!?"

theres your problem,you want him to be something hes not.he doesnt play a physical game,hes not going to beat anyone 1on 1,thats not his game.

in 3 years as a Rangers hes score at least 40 goals twice,and without him,they might not even make the playoffs.
but yes,lets trade him because he didnt have a dominating playoffs

Old
05-31-2012, 11:03 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

i bet you didnt

God almighty, what part of Gaborik's uselessness as a playoff performer don't you see or get? The guy is a regular season compiler who disappears as soon as the checking gets tight, the time and space becomes less and the game becomes more physical.

If Colombus were dumb enough to take Gaborik for Nash and his no move was waived, that's a deal you make everyday and twice on sunday.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:55 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
God almighty, what part of Gaborik's uselessness as a playoff performer don't you see or get? The guy is a regular season compiler who disappears as soon as the checking gets tight, the time and space becomes less and the game becomes more physical.

If Colombus were dumb enough to take Gaborik for Nash and his no move was waived, that's a deal you make everyday and twice on sunday.

i honestly dont even know how to respond to that

Old
06-01-2012, 12:38 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
"He's all over the place, hitting people, deking through everyone and scoring at will! What a complete player!?"

theres your problem,you want him to be something hes not.he doesnt play a physical game,hes not going to beat anyone 1on 1,thats not his game.

in 3 years as a Rangers hes score at least 40 goals twice,and without him,they might not even make the playoffs.
but yes,lets trade him because he didnt have a dominating playoffs
Sigh.

I don't expect him to be a player like that.

I was simply using a hyperbole to point out how some of you get so obsessed with STATS. Gaborik scored 41 goals this season. Does that mean he is more of a consistent offensive threat than Kovalchuk or Ovechkin who scored fewer goals?

It's as if you guys would still obsess over the number of goals he scored, even if all 41 goals were empty-netters. Gaborik is what he is. He's a finisher. He doesn't create his own shot. He doesn't create for his teammates. He doesn't possess the puck and eat up attacking zone time. He doesn't make his linemates better. And what may be even more pathetic, is that he is by FAR the WORST 40 goal scoring POWERPLAY player that I've ever seen. For a guy who scores 40 goals, he is AWFUL on the half-wall on the PP. I partially blame Torts for continuing to throw him out there over and over when it was clear that he doesn't have the patience, calmness, puck control, vision, or killer instinct to be any kind of threat on the powerplay.

He is as one dimensional as a hockey player can be. Lucky for his career, he is VERY good at that one dimension of finishing chances, but in the playoffs, those glorious chances are fewer and farther between, and this Gaborik, who lacks anything resembling the ability to elevate his game to another level and really push it to the next gear, fails to be a factor for his team when they need him the most.

He can't be relied on to come up with a big play to score a goal in the playoffs, unless he's set up perfectly. For example, the triple OT goal that some of you harp on. That was a great play started by Richards, kept alive by Girardi, and then finished off with a perfectly timed and perfectly placed pass from Richards to a wide-open Gaborik who was finally able to get lost in coverage for a split-second. Kudos to him for that, but it's not enough for a 7.5 goal scorer who we are relying on to lead us offensively.

First, it was Gaborik needs a top playmaking center to take the pressure off him so teams cant just focus solely on shutting him down. Now, he needs another top 6 goal scorer to take the pressure off him again?

Gaborik is supposed to help the team be better, not the other way around!

Let me say that again.

Gaborik is supposed to be here to help the team be better. The team is not supposed to be here to help Gaborik be better.

Enough building around Gaborik's flaws.

He needs to go. For the 100th time, he is the antithesis of what this team stands for. He is the opposite of this team's hardworking, fearless mentality. He simply does not advocate the identity that the rest of the team does. He sticks out like a sore thumb. I don't care if he scores 93 goals during the regular season. If we can't count on our 7.5 million dollar goal scorer to....score goals...in the playoffs, when it matters, when we need it the most, then he MUST GO. It's as simple as that. Trade him now while his value is still high due to him playing all 82 games and scoring 41 goals. Gaborik MUST GO.