HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Alexander Steen

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2012, 10:55 PM
  #26
Ignore42me*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I see this alot and i just don't understand it.
How can you expect to trade a player and get an upgrade for him.
Isn't that like here's a 50 cent piece so give me a dollar for it.
Yea it sounds incredibly dumb, but anyway it basically means make the trade worth it.

Ignore42me* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:56 PM
  #27
Celtic Note
Moderator
Chi Town Bound
 
Celtic Note's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 8,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Unfortuantely the Islanders have the same problems, so there's nothing I can offer that would be fair for both teams.

Polak would be a good pick up for us though, is he available?
Not so much.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:19 PM
  #28
dtkblueshockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 83
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
Not so much.
Assets available on the Blues:

-Chris Stewart

-Matt D'Agostini

-Ian Cole (right price)

-Jaden Schwartz (right price)

-David Perron (shockingly...right price) (note I highly doubt he goes though)

-Any draft picks

-Pretty much any prospect

dtkblueshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:21 PM
  #29
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ed Snider's basement
Posts: 7,632
vCash: 500
I don't think people realize that Steen is one of the guys driving the bus for St. Louis.

He didn't take the toughest minutes - Backes, Perron, and Oshie handled opposing top lines for the most part... but Berglund/Steen were next on the list. Steen saw 1st/2nd liners.

He played 14.2 minutes per game of 5v5 ice time (4th highest on the Blues) and with Steen on the ice, the Blues scored 35 goals (3.44 per 60 mins) and allowed just 12 (1.18 per 60 mins). To put those goal scoring rates into perspective... 3.44 goals per 60 minutes of 5v5 time ranks Steen 20th in the league among forwards... and 1.18 against per 60 ranks 6th in the league among forwards.

When Steen was off the ice, the Blues actually gave up more 5v5 goals than they scored. With him on the ice, the Blues outscored their opposition by 2 goals every 60 mins of 5v5.

Some of those numbers are "percentage-driven" - ie, not likely to repeat... but a lot of it is just quality play too.

With Steen on the ice, the Blues took 32.7 shots per 60 minutes (best on the team), and allowed just 22.4 (t-4th on the team).

He plays the PK, he plays the PP, he was 55.8% in the faceoff dot...

Alex Steen is money. You will NEVER get a large enough return in trading him to make it worthwhile. Never.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:29 PM
  #30
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!
 
bluemandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
I see this alot and i just don't understand it.
How can you expect to trade a player and get an upgrade for him.
Isn't that like here's a 50 cent piece so give me a dollar for it.
Its pretty simple. Its much more like here is a 50 cent piece and two quarters, can I get a single $1 bill for them? To use your analogy, some people will value the $1 bill more, some will value the $1 coin more, and some will value the the half dollar and two quarters more.

But in reality, the Blues are looking for an upgrade at center or left defense. Its not like us Blues fans are suggesting to trade Steen straight up for a better winger.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:13 AM
  #31
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"
 
Blue Goose's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Unfortuantely the Islanders have the same problems, so there's nothing I can offer that would be fair for both teams.
Ah yes.
Two teams.
Same needs.
Similar "financial restrictions".

I'm afraid we don't make good trading partners.
Although there is some VERY intriguing about having Andy McDonald and Andrew MacDonald on the same team. Then they could re-enact the Duck Soup "mirror gag" the first time they see each other in training camp.


Last edited by Blue Goose: 06-01-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Blue Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
  #32
Vladys Gumption
Registered User
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,607
vCash: 500
Steen should not be traded. Sometimes I think even our own fans undervalue him. What he brings tot he table is not easily replaced. He does everything. His solid, two-way play fits our team. Not to mention his biggest asset: his versatility. I'm only 21, but I've been watching the Blues play my entire life, and I don't know if I could name a player that can play on any line and find success. Look at what he did this year. When he was on the third line at the beginning fo the year with Arnott and Langenbrunner, it was easily our best line. And then prior to his concussion he was moved up to the first line, which became our go to line. There's one common denominator on those lines, and his name is Alex Steen. I dread the day when he leaves this organization.

Vladys Gumption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:07 AM
  #33
OpenIceHit42
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: STL
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Steen would be the last guy I'd move. He has been Mr consistent the last two years before his concussion this past season. Very underrated IMO.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:30 PM
  #34
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkblueshockey View Post
Assets available on the Blues:

-Chris Stewart

-Matt D'Agostini

-Ian Cole (right price)

-Jaden Schwartz (right price)

-David Perron (shockingly...right price) (note I highly doubt he goes though)

-Any draft picks

-Pretty much any prospect
What would be "the right price" for the Leafs?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
  #35
OpenIceHit42
Registered User
 
OpenIceHit42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: STL
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
What would be "the right price" for the Leafs?
Gunarsson


Can't wait for someone to miss the blue font and go off the deep in from my response.

OpenIceHit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:52 PM
  #36
dkollidas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
I really would only want to use him for something for a center upgrade, but what about McNabb? Big, solid skater, puck mover, heavy shot, left handed defenseman.

Would rather do something around Leopold (maybe Leopold and 21st overall), but I doubt it's what St.Louis is looking for.

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:54 PM
  #37
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenIceHit42 View Post
Gunarsson


Can't wait for someone to miss the blue font and go off the deep in from my response.
Don't know if you're joking but I might do that, fills needs for each.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:06 PM
  #38
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues
 
Randall Ritchey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 10,696
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafer97 View Post
Don't know if you're joking but I might do that, fills needs for each.
Blue font = sarcasm.

Randall Ritchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:25 AM
  #39
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Ritchey View Post
Blue font = sarcasm.
Sorry, didn't know, thx for future times.

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:28 AM
  #40
steveott x29*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
steen and a 2 round pick for ryder

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:34 AM
  #41
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME
 
Dolph Ziggler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 8,257
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveott x29 View Post
steen and a 2 round pick for ryder
Pass

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:41 AM
  #42
steveott x29*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtkblueshockey View Post
Assets available on the Blues:

-Chris Stewart

-Matt D'Agostini

-Ian Cole (right price)

-Jaden Schwartz (right price)

-David Perron (shockingly...right price) (note I highly doubt he goes though)

-Any draft picks

-Pretty much any prospect

how could the stars get stewart from you guys ?


would a trade like this work ?

to the blues .... morrow + robidas

to dallas ..... stewart


or some thing like

to the blues ..... trevor daley / gogo your pick

to the stars ..... stewart

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:56 AM
  #43
CarvinSigX
Registered User
 
CarvinSigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Illinois
Country: United States
Posts: 7,745
vCash: 2616
I'd definitely be interested in some of those proposals, assuming the new ownership gave the okay to spend a little bit.

CarvinSigX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:02 AM
  #44
steveott x29*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
I'd definitely be interested in some of those proposals, assuming the new ownership gave the okay to spend a little bit.
we have to many d next year and daley is a good d man young and would fit with you guys great !!!!!!!!


same with gogo !!!!!!

same with morrow to !!!!!!


steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:05 AM
  #45
questhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
Man, I miss steen so much, he is such a solid cerebral player that would have been deadly on our 2nd line if he was still here. I would love to trade back for him but we don't have the attractive pieces for Blues to consider trading him.
I disagree only with this part.

To Blues
Connolly +3rd round < Steen
Phaneuf + Rynnas > Halak

Phanuef
Rynnas
3rd conditional '13

To Leafs
Steen
Halak


- Dions A+ with RH shot partner, He would be awesome for Blues, also is out of our division, so would rarely have to meet up. So T.O would either have to get a partner for him, or trade for him to be his full potential. Suter is not an option, he is LH, unless you want a $6.5 Cap hit Phaneuf as second pairing, not an option for me.
- Connolly doesn't fit a role in T.O IMO as we need to get a few youngster fulltime in lineup. Grabs, Kadri, Bozak, Kulemin, MacArthur are better than Connolly, so might Frattin, Colborne. He just takes up room on roster now.

- Steen would upgrade Connolly on all Leafs second line except Grabs. He would add some very much needed 2 way play.
- Halak, well there's leafs #1 goalie

Lupul - ? - Kessel
Kadri - Grabs - Steen
Kulemin - Bozak - Frattin
Ashton - Colborne/Lombardi - Brown - see how good NJ is with fast 4th line

Liles Gunnar
Gards Schenn
?(Franson) Blacker
Holzer/Komi

Halak
Reimer/Scrivens

still have Mac, Komi, Steckel, few prospects, 1st round, 2nd round, to trade for #1C


Last edited by questhockey: 06-02-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: facts wrong
questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:16 AM
  #46
tvillewr4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Illinois
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
how quickly us blues fans are forgetting how great the SOB line was right after Hitch took over

Steen
Oshie
Backes


after the concussion, steen never played on that line again....heads were rolling on that line as it was shut down, grind em out hockey all night against one of the top two lines

I personally dont want to see steen go anywhere


But with Tarasenko agreeing to come over today, signing July 1, im not opposed to moving a winger now ( ie Stewart )


Last edited by tvillewr4: 06-02-2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: adding
tvillewr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:18 AM
  #47
Oshie97
Registered User
 
Oshie97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by questhockey View Post
I disagree only with this part.

To Blues
Connolly +3rd round < Steen
Phaneuf + Rynnas > Halak

Phanuef
Rynnas
3rd conditional '13

To Leafs
Steen
Halak


- Dions A+ with RH shot partner, He would be awesome for Blues, also is out of our division, so would rarely have to meet up. So T.O would either have to get a partner for him, or trade for him to be his full potential. Suter is not an option, he is LH, unless you want a $6.5 Cap hit Phaneuf as second pairing, not an option for me.
- Connolly doesn't fit a role in T.O IMO as we need to get a few youngster fulltime in lineup. Grabs, Kadri, Bozak, Kulemin, MacArthur are better than Connolly, so might Frattin, Colborne. He just takes up room on roster now.

- Steen would upgrade Connolly on all Leafs second line except Grabs. He would add some very much needed 2 way play.
- Halak, well there's leafs #1 goalie

Lupul - ? - Kessel
Kadri - Grabs - Steen
Kulemin - Bozak - Frattin
Ashton - Colborne/Lombardi - Brown - see how good NJ is with fast 4th line

Liles Gunnar
Gards Schenn
?(Franson) Blacker
Holzer/Komi

Halak
Reimer/Scrivens

still have Mac, Komi, Steckel, few prospects, 1st round, 2nd round, to trade for #1C
Keeps dreaming, that's a horrible proposal for the Blues. Connolly is not the answer we are looking for at center and we are not interested in Phanuef with the contract he has, Petro would want 9 mil if we added him to the payroll. Rynnas and a 3rd do not help us next yr. Halak is not available and the third is not enough to convince us into trading Steen for Connolly. Pass without thinking about it.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:25 AM
  #48
steveott x29*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
you guys should trade for iginla

allan + 1 round pic + mid leval prospect would get it done

steveott x29* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:36 AM
  #49
questhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshie97 View Post
Keeps dreaming, that's a horrible proposal for the Blues. Connolly is not the answer we are looking for at center and we are not interested in Phanuef with the contract he has, Petro would want 9 mil if we added him to the payroll. Rynnas and a 3rd do not help us next yr. Halak is not available and the third is not enough to convince us into trading Steen for Connolly. Pass without thinking about it.
Well I can't do Gardiner or I'd be shunned off all Leafs sites, so I tries to get best LHD after him. Seems no way to get him back on Leafs I guess.

questhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
  #50
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D
 
untouchable21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Outer Limits.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,853
vCash: 500
After two more seasons, Steen should just come home to Winnipeg where he belongs. Seriously!

untouchable21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.