NHL 13 & General Video Game Discussion Part Trois

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
SaintAnthony

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Is it possible to remove a player from the trade block?
Sadly no you can't. Once the card is up for sale it's stuck there. Made a mistake on that once too.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Pinchy11

Just started be a gm for the first time in nhl 12. It's fun and I've simmed everything so far. Made one trade the first season, my whole top six got injured, parise for foster and peters. I made it to the conference finals and lost. Then the draft figured I wouldn't go by the game ratings. so I drafted: nail, galchenyuk, grigs, murry, dumba, reinhart, teravaien, and faska. Second season starts and I get offered karlsson for heatley lol ottowa. Then clutter for nyr first. Then weber and sutter for nyr 2013 1st, my 2013 1st, and brian mcabe who I had just signed. The trades are way messed up. And now I keep getting ridiculous offers for koivu.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:17 PM
SaintAnthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchy11 View Post
Just started be a gm for the first time in nhl 12. It's fun and I've simmed everything so far. Made one trade the first season, my whole top six got injured, parise for foster and peters. I made it to the conference finals and lost. Then the draft figured I wouldn't go by the game ratings. so I drafted: nail, galchenyuk, grigs, murry, dumba, reinhart, teravaien, and faska. Second season starts and I get offered karlsson for heatley lol ottowa. Then clutter for nyr first. Then weber and sutter for nyr 2013 1st, my 2013 1st, and brian mcabe who I had just signed. The trades are way messed up. And now I keep getting ridiculous offers for koivu.
Turning on Xbox now. What GM level do you have it set on?

Old
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinchy11 View Post
You either had force trades on, or had it on easy difficulty because there's no way that trade would go down on medium or hard difficulty.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:02 AM
Ladde

The puck bonus for NHL13 is based on your collection and puck amount I think. But it doesnt really matter if the pucks are not counted because I am also filling AHL and NHL teams. (2 sort for Houston and about to start buying Wild players )

Old
05-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Finally got a new game coming in the mail...Rage. Wonder if it's any good?

Old
05-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Finally got a new game coming in the mail...Rage. Wonder if it's any good?
Let me save you a good bit of time.

No.

Didn't like it AT ALL. It felt extremely generic very early on.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:33 AM
MNman

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay33 View Post
Sadly no you can't. Once the card is up for sale it's stuck there. Made a mistake on that once too.
once the card has been put up for auction, you cannot stop the auction. If a player is in your trade block, but not up for sale, you press the button for "card options" (on xbox its the X button) and there should be a list including things like "release player" and "move player to My Collection" or something like that.

I've used that lots of times to hold onto a duplicate player while finishing off the career of a guy already on my roster.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Well it's the second game I've gotten from that site in three months, even though I've got 70 on my list. I'm just glad I'm getting something back from the $200 worth of credits.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:23 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Well it's the second game I've gotten from that site in three months, even though I've got 70 on my list. I'm just glad I'm getting something back from the $200 worth of credits.
If you're desperate to shoot something, they certainly let you do that.

It's just that it was so hyped, and then so plain... I was just left with a big "meh". There wasn't a single part of the game that made me want more, with the exception of a single boss fight, but it was short and nothing else in the game came close to replicating that level of interest.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

My expectations are pretty low of it already. But I've heard bad things about a lot of games I ended up liking.

Old
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Started a new be a gm mode, but this time i'm gonna stock up on prospects and picks instead of trading them away.

Hilarious scenario happened, Pittsburgh puts Johnson (goalie) on waivers, I claim him, call him up to the big club, then trade him to Pheonix for a couple draft picks. Simulate ahead 1 day and Pheonix puts him on waivers, and the process begins all over again. At one point I had a 1st rd pick, a 2nd rd pick, a 3rd rd pick, 8 4th rd picks, 10 5th rd picks, 5 6th rd picks and a few 7th rd picks.

I could've kept doing it but I decided to stop after a while. Traded most of my lower picks for higher picks so now I've got 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths, and a 5th, 6th, and 7th rd pick.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:10 AM
Victorious Secret
Need home, pls adopt

vCash: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Started a new be a gm mode, but this time i'm gonna stock up on prospects and picks instead of trading them away.

Hilarious scenario happened, Pittsburgh puts Johnson (goalie) on waivers, I claim him, call him up to the big club, then trade him to Pheonix for a couple draft picks. Simulate ahead 1 day and Pheonix puts him on waivers, and the process begins all over again. At one point I had a 1st rd pick, a 2nd rd pick, a 3rd rd pick, 8 4th rd picks, 10 5th rd picks, 5 6th rd picks and a few 7th rd picks.

I could've kept doing it but I decided to stop after a while. Traded most of my lower picks for higher picks so now I've got 1 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths, and a 5th, 6th, and 7th rd pick.

If you do the draft cheat you'll have a great draft.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Fel 96
Global Moderator
JFC

vCash: 300
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victorious Secret View Post

If you do the draft cheat you'll have a great draft.
What do you mean exactly?

Old
06-01-2012, 02:18 AM
Victorious Secret
Need home, pls adopt

vCash: 5973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
What do you mean exactly?
Save, go through the draft. Go through the teams contract screens and see who they drafted. Mark down everyone drafted with a potential and rating you like. Note the position, because a lot of players in the 4-6 rounds have B potential. If you go through the draft, you can plan the picks you need for what players, possibly trade up, trade down. Quit, go back to your save. Get all the good players in the draft and you are set. It only takes about 15 minutes if you are quick. Goalies kinda suck since they take so long to develop. Its usually easier just to trade for them.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:38 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Started my be a gm over again and just went with a total rebuild this time. Traded away Koivu, Seto, Heatley, basically everybody. Got Eberle, Couturier, Johansen, B. Little, Benn, and Gagner. Freakin' Jamie Benn is absolutely beasting for me, 24 goals in 27 games. I went with a rebuild and the stupid Wild are 30-12-2 with a defense composed of Mccabe, Gilbert, K. Johnsson, Foster, Falk, Kampfer, and Stoner.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:53 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
I never trade Koivu away, and I try to hang on to Bouchard as well.

Koivu is 91 overall for me in 2018 playoffs, Granlund 90 and Bouchard 87. Bonus points for Brodin, who has an insane shot, both slapper and wrister (85 speed 87 accuracy). He is 84 overall. And Zack Phillips is 85 overall, proving that he can be a very good playmaker as well.

I need to rebuild my roster soon though, as I have way too many talented playmakers and I'm lacking on snipers and grinders. I have Koivu, Bouchard, Granlund, Phillips and LaFlamme (86 overall player who I acquired from FA after he went undrafted).

My second line (Bouchard - Granlund - LaFlamme) is just... insane. Everyone has 90 average on their offense. LaFlamme is a bit slow (76) but he makes up for it with his insane dangles and shots.

Oh, and trade for Ryan O'Reilly. 85 OVR two-way center who has great individual stats, the perfect third line center who can also be used in top six.

My defense however looks very good, even if I say that myself.

Fowler - Larsson
Brodin - Karlsson
Scandella - Teubert
Määttä

Scandella is 84 overall by the way. Määttä has been bit of a disappointment (80) but he has great speed (87) and seems to be a late bloomer as he still has B- or B potential.

I lost the first SCF game to Jets (!!!) in OT, but I'm confident I can take the series.

Conference finals were Wild - Coyotes and Jets - Islanders by the way.

And finally, I made it to a legendary GM, and I have maxed all the staff as well.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:06 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Wasn't even trying to make the Wild competitive in my first year as GM and they finish 51-24-7, 1st in the NHL.

Eberle with 34 goals and 41 assists for 75 pts
Benn with 42 goals and 32 assists for 74 pts
Tom freakin' Gilbert with 4 goals and 44 assists

Old
06-01-2012, 05:11 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Beat PHX 4-1 in the 1st round but get swept by CHI in the 2nd rd. Now to draft all the good guys since they all fall to the 3rd/4th rounds.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

It's a party in Chicago. Blackhawks win the Stanley Cup and the Wolves win the Calder Cup.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:20 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Alright, 2 rds into the draft and I didn't recognize a single damn name. I knew that would happen so it's a good thing I traded my 1st and 2nd rd picks for players. I've got 3 3rd rd picks and all 3 are within the 1st 8 selections of the rd.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:28 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Okay, in rds 3 and 4 I drafted Yakupov, Dumba, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, M. Subban and R. Murray.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Okay, in rds 3 and 4 I drafted Yakupov, Dumba, Galchenyuk, Grigorenko, M. Subban and R. Murray.
Mother of god.jpg

Meanwhile, I captured an example of a typical powerplay goal for me. Funnily enough, it was on a 5 minute major against Evander Kane who boarded Koivu from behind. Mikko didn't injure himself and they lost their best player (94OVR).

Old
06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Ladde

My 2018-2019 Carolina Hurricanes.(I sim every game)

Offense:
Couturier(89,TWF)-RNH(90,PLY)-Skinner(91,SNP)

Tedenby(88,PLY)-Gavrus(87,PLY,BBB)-Frolik(88,SNP)

Burns(83,TWF,BCB-)-Plante(83,TWF,A-B-B)-Stafford(81,TWF)

Moen(84,GRN)-Gaustad(82,GRN)-Hofmann(82,GRN)

Defence:
Larsson(91,TWD)-Brodin(88,TWD,B-BC)

Franson(88,OFD)-Helgesen(86,DD,BB-C)

Murphy(83,OFD)-Gudbranson(85,DD)

Goaltending:
Ward(95)
Binnington(89,BBA-)

The team has won one stanley cup in the 2016-2017 season when E.Staal was still on my team but after the win I traded him for RNH.
This team has also 2 consecutive President thropy wins.

Notable seasons by players:

Adam Larsson-James Norris with 58 Points and a +/- of 30.

Michael Frolik-37 Goals on the second line.

Jeff Skinner-40 Goals and 53 Assists for a 93 point season.

Cam Ward-64 games in a season with 42 wins(GA 149,S%92.56). He won the Vezina and William M.Jennings trophy.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:51 AM
BigT2002

Still doing HUT and at 118-7-0

My biggest gripe that they better address is when players move teams. I hate the fact that if I get Heater on the team and put him on a line it actually hurts me more than helps

The goalie stuff is stupid as well. I have every goalie fatigued because you can't simply keep rotating themenough to keep them all ready to go for more than 2 games.

Closed Thread