HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Get Tavares on NHL13 cover! **Lost in Semi-Finals to Rinne**

Old
05-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Dutch Frost
Everything is Fine!!

vCash: 1130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep1212 View Post
SMFH what an awful post

Its not an awful post. Its absolute fact.. The Islanders were pushing this like it was life or death. Whoever tweets for the Islanders must be a 19 yr old intern from Nassau CC because every 10 secs he was posting about voting for JT. Now it would of been nice to see JT on the cover but I am not losing any sleep over it.

It shows that we are loyal and die hard fans but once again the ownership can care less. In 2 years JT will demand a trade and he will ask to leave not because of the fans who voted but for the morons running the ship.

Facts are scary!!

Dutch Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
The rangers and Devils make the semi-finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs and our big news is trying to get John Tavares on the cover of a video game.

...And 30 pages on this topic!?!

I'm all for anything positive and a little fun, but I'd like 30 pages right now on how we're going to beat the Kings in game #2 and maybe 4 pages on JT being the face of NHL 2013.

I mean this is just more proof that our standards have truly shifted when these are the only "playoffs" we're sniffing...And a ton of the fanbase is into it. It makes me so sad, but there is a Grand Canyon-sized chasm between Wang's New York Islanders and competance/relevance.
And the rest of us wouldn't?

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:28 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

vCash: 500
Quote:
The rangers and Devils make the semi-finals of the Stanley Cup playoffs and our big news is trying to get John Tavares on the cover of a video game.

I'm all for anything positive and a little fun, but I'd like 30 pages right now on how we're going to beat the Kings in game #2 and maybe 4 pages on JT being the face of NHL 2013.

I mean this is just more proof that our standards have truly shifted when these are the only "playoffs" we're sniffing...And a ton of the fanbase is into it. It makes me so sad, but there is a Grand Canyon-sized chasm between Wang's New York Islanders and competance/relevance.
Come on, man. Of course we'd rather be talking about our team in the playoffs. Unfortunately we have no control over the team, but we're still fans and we're going to support our team whatever way we can.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:08 PM
seafoam

vCash: 70
Quote:

I usually think you have good posts, but this is just rediculous. Of course we'd rather be in the playoffs talking about beating the Kings, but we are not in the playoffs. This is something that has kept us busy and is fun. But to say the standards have shifted as a fanbase is disrespect and assinine.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:12 PM
JTforPres2012

Quote:

I read on Bleacher Report and the overall general acknowledgment from the league is stating how everyone is so impressed with the Isles fan base. We know management has screwed up everything possible in relation to this team but for once, we had control over something and made an impact. Such a bad thing to do?

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:43 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

THEY ****ING CHEATED!!!!

http://voterinne.apphb.com/?sucess=False#

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Gillies Mustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTintedVisor View Post
Just saw this on Twitter. Quite the ****ed up situation.

Gillies Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:49 PM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseTintedVisor View Post
Ugh

well this is ****ing ********

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:01 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

At first, I shrugged this off. But now I am pretty angry that I sat there and clicked buttons while all they had to do was enter captchas. Everyone on here definitely struggled at the end with the website basically halting. If we didn't have to wait for screens to load and just enter captchas, we would've been able to send out a ton more votes.

nyiguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Kloparren
Hth

EA should re-do this otherwise it'll be known as the cover with the controversy down the line if Rinne wins. I doubt it'll make a difference, pretty sure Giroux will win but still...

meh they probably don't care.

Kloparren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:29 PM
JTforPres2012

Should we have a mass amount of e-mails sent to EA Sports to get JT into a final with Giroux?

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:39 PM
TheIslesFan

vCash: 50
You have got to be ******* kidding me. I sat here giving myself arthritis switching back and forth between the mouse and keyboard. All they did was type, no wonder they had more.

TheIslesFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Jubal

I honestly don't know of anyone who used that link, I sure as hell didn't. That link wasn't sent to me and I haven't seen it passed around. I doubt it was used in the Tavares thing but if it's being used now I know I'm gonna tell people not to.

EDIT: I'm almost sure this is ********. If it was made by Preds fans to cheat it wouldn't say "By Preds fans for Preds fans." And the About and Contact page don't go anywhere.

I smell foul play but not from the Preds side. But hell, I could be wrong. I'm still pissed one way or the other.

Last edited by Jubal: 06-01-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Jubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Broom of the System

Whether this does or doesn't cast a vote for Rinne, I didn't see it appear anywhere until he had already beaten Tavares. So those looking for an excuse as to why your boy lost to Rinne are going to need to look elsewhere.

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Jubal

I contacted the Pred's facebook and they'll be sending out a notice to ONLY use the official voting page.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:29 AM
NoNecksCurse

that was not used by any preds fans. pretty obvious its not created by a "pred fan" .. im on twitter, facebook, message boards, etc and thats the first time ive saw it. id be willing to bet money it votes giroux.

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:32 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
I contacted the Pred's facebook and they'll be sending out a notice to ONLY use the official voting page.
Even without Tavares in the picture, Rinne still shouldn't win by cheating. I'm not looking for an excuse for Tavares. If he lost because of that site or if he lost because of lack of support, I still think Rinne shouldn't win the final vote or at least there should be a re-vote.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, I'm not accusing anybody of anything. If this hypothetically happened, I would be mad. Innocent until proven guilty, but I feel that this should at least be looked into.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:38 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyiguy21 View Post
Even without Tavares in the picture, Rinne still shouldn't win by cheating. I'm not looking for an excuse for Tavares. If he lost because of that site or if he lost because of lack of support, I still think Rinne shouldn't win the final vote or at least there should be a re-vote.

EDIT: Just so everyone knows, I'm not accusing anybody of anything. If this hypothetically happened, I would be mad. Innocent until proven guilty, but I feel that this should at least be looked into.
it should be looked into. agreed.

but honestly, this is being found out now? who created it? does even vote rinne?

like ive said, thats not the reason rinne won. id be upset to if i was an isles fans. it looks bad but i truly believe it votes giroux.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:40 AM
Jubal

I'm a Preds fan and I'm pissed no matter who created it. We shouldn't win by cheating and the losing side shouldn't try stupid crap like that. Who knows who did it?

Let's check the IP address and see if it doesn't go to New York.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:42 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubal View Post
I'm a Preds fan and I'm pissed no matter who created it. We shouldn't win by cheating and the losing side shouldn't try stupid crap like that. Who knows who did it?

Let's check the IP address and see if it doesn't go to New York.
id love for an IP check. that would put it to rest quick. well, maybe.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:05 AM
NoNecksCurse

@jackmac on twitter helped create it.... yes, a preds fans.

sorry guys... but it also wasnt created till after rinne beat tavares. so, really flyers fans are the only ones to get mad if rinne wins. the creators even said they don't know if the votes actually count.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:09 AM
Jubal

Let's see if we can't get it removed. I've contacted the Preds and theyll know about it, and I know they wont allow it.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:43 AM
OlTimeHockey

what does this matter? Seriously?

I didn't vote once. I'd rather one day on the cover of Newsday than an eternity on a game friggen box.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:17 AM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post

I didn't vote once. I'd rather one day on the cover of Newsday than an eternity on a game friggen box.
Well you can work on that, we will go ahead and worry about something that is more in our control.

BTW the reason we lost isn't because of this, it's because not all fans were on board to support their franchise player. Instead, they felt we should be rehashing the fact that our team is horrid(like that is something new to us).

Old
06-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Islanderfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post

The NHL games are pretty popular, it would be nice exposure for JT and the Isles as well as something for us fans to enjoy. I don't understand why some posters seem so mad about fans wanting to get their guy on the cover.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote