HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Prospect Signing Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2012, 04:36 PM
  #451
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Per Columbus beat writer Aaron Portzline's twitter, Blue Jackets head of scouting Tyler Wright says "We expected him to be more of an offensive player, and he's just kind of stumbled in that regard the last two seasons. Like the kid; wish him the best."

Sorensen have no idea about. A Senators beat writer simply said he would not be signed by Ottawa.

Also Mike Russo is reporting there may be an contract dispute between Johan Gustafsson and the Minnesota Wild.



http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/155498135.html
This was all a lot of hoopla over nothing, Gustafsson signed with Minnesota today.

Quote:
The Wild has locked up prospect Johan Gustafsson just before the goaltender would’ve become eligible to re-enter the NHL draft.
Quote:
The 6-foot-1 goaltender finished the regular season fifth in the Swedish Elite League with a .932 save percentage and second with a 1.68 goals against average. He was the Wild’s sixth round pick (159th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Level Draft.
http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633403

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:53 PM
  #452
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,697
vCash: 500
I'm quiet excited about Gustafsson. He could end up being a solid goaltender.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
  #453
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 16,730
vCash: 1081
The Wild's future goaltending depth is solidified even further. I can't wait to see how Gustafsson develops. Great signing by Fletcher.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM
  #454
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
Cakes!
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 55,617
vCash: 567
So from what I can tell:

Petr Straka, Oscar Lindberg, Ludvig Rensfeldt, Brock Beukeboom are top 63 picks from the 2010 draft all going unsigned.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:41 PM
  #455
ThatGuy22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I know there was a clause in the most recent transfer agreement between NHL and Swedish Ice Hockey Federation about first round / non-first round draft picks (can't recall but might have excluded first round picks) and returning to Sweden to play if 22yo or younger (either under or including 22yo.) I believe the transfer agreement expires this summer but assume still in place at this time based on the little I have read about it. Maybe also true for more than just the Swedish transfer agreement?
Thats strange, Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin are both expected to be in N/A next season, either in Houston or the NHL.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
  #456
Fleury14
Kipper
 
Fleury14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
He's never played in the NHL, he's eligible for the Calder Trophy, he's signed to a contract. Ergo, he's a prospect for the purposes of this thread.
sounds like a prospect to me...

Lasch is another one of St. Cloud's pint-sized scorers. Among the other ones, Andrew Gordon has had moderate pro success and Garrettt Roe had an 'ok' rookie AHL season.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
  #457
Surly Furious
Registered User
 
Surly Furious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: frozen north
Posts: 6,984
vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
The Wild's future goaltending depth is solidified even further. I can't wait to see how Gustafsson develops. Great signing by Fletcher.
Plus, he can develop over in Sweden, bypassing the logjam the Wild would have were he trying to play in the AHL.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
  #458
SuperNintendoChalmrs
Registered User
 
SuperNintendoChalmrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 3,521
vCash: 500
Sabres won't be offering a contract to their 6th round pick in 2010, Cedrick Henley.


Maxime Morin ‏@MaxMorinRDS

Les Sabres n'offriront pas de contrat à Cedrick Henley (choix de 6e ronde 2010). Fortes chances de jouer comme 20 ans chez lui à Val-d'Or.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:05 PM
  #459
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Per Renaud Lavoie, Predators sign 2010 5th rounder Patric Cehlin (Djurgaerden) to a 3 year ELC

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
  #460
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Per Renaud Lavoie, Predators sign 2010 5th rounder Patric Cehlin (Djurgaerden) to a 3 year ELC
Cehlin opened a lot of eyes at the last two WJCs with his speed and flashy ability. Would expect him to be in Milwaukee this upcoming season.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:07 PM
  #461
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I know there was a clause in the most recent transfer agreement between NHL and Swedish Ice Hockey Federation about first round / non-first round draft picks (can't recall but might have excluded first round picks) and returning to Sweden to play if 22yo or younger (either under or including 22yo.) I believe the transfer agreement expires this summer but assume still in place at this time based on the little I have read about it. Maybe also true for more than just the Swedish transfer agreement?
All transfer agreements should be identical even though they were signed with individual federations. According to the rule players under the age of 22 should be returned to the European club they had a contract with if they don't make the NHL club right away. There may be that the players should have an option to return to Europe but I remember seeing some Finnish league club's boss saying something about the player having to return Finland if he doesn't make the NHL club. On the other hand I remember there being some exceptions where the players chose to play in the AHL and his European club agreed to it (possibly because the player had "nothing to learn from here anymore").

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
  #462
CareyClutch
Doing the job
 
CareyClutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: North Korea
Posts: 4,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Per renaud Lavoie

Blackhawks signs Adam Clendening. 3 year contract / 650 000 $ avg (2 way)

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:05 PM
  #463
Ferros
Registered User
 
Ferros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Sweden
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Doubt we will see Lasch in NHL anytime soon, think he will get stuck in AHL, a year ago he was -16 despite scoring 30 points in 55 games for Södertläje in Elitserien. He was just really bad in his own zone, a true one-dimensional player.

Gustafsson will be interesting to watch in SEL next year, he really needs to get some consistency and more confidence. He needs to play with authority, which he didn't do at all last season, then he will be one of the best goaltenders in SEL.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
  #464
Teemu
Moderator
 
Teemu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Palatine
Country: United States
Posts: 20,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Per renaud Lavoie

Blackhawks signs Adam Clendening. 3 year contract / 650 000 $ avg (2 way)
Glad to see Clendening out of BU. Didn't like what was going on there.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:42 AM
  #465
Robin Hood
Registered User
 
Robin Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post

BTW, just for an update, here's the remaining unsigned CHL players whose rights will expire if not signed by June 1st




CAR: Frederik Andersen:
Are we past the deadline or do they have today (June 1) also to get something done?


Anyway, Andersen as UFA could be pretty interesting.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:06 AM
  #466
Hockeyfrilla
Registered User
 
Hockeyfrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
Are we past the deadline or do they have today (June 1) also to get something done?
Im pretty sure that the deadline is today, so still some time left..

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:19 AM
  #467
Robin Hood
Registered User
 
Robin Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Im pretty sure that the deadline is today, so still some time left..
You're right.

Andersen will not sign with Carolina but will re-enter draft.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:58 AM
  #468
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Thats strange, Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin are both expected to be in N/A next season, either in Houston or the NHL.
I have to look up the agreement, I can't recall if it's non-first rounders or only first rounders. Also, I believe the player has some say, but again I need to look up the details.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:25 AM
  #469
ThatGuy22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,966
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I have to look up the agreement, I can't recall if it's non-first rounders or only first rounders. Also, I believe the player has some say, but again I need to look up the details.
This is from two years ago when it was originally signed.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=753841

It says that Players under the age of 22, who were not drafted in the first round, may return to their old Swedish teams if they don't make their NHL squad.(emphasis mine)

So I am wondering if the transfer agreement means that for non-first rounders like Larsson that it would be his option if he would go back to SEL or go to the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad. It would make sense for Larsson to decide to go to the AHL if that is the case, because he is sure to be towards the top of the callup list.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
  #470
Al Lagoon
Registered User
 
Al Lagoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,047
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
So I am wondering if the transfer agreement means that for non-first rounders like Larsson that it would be his option if he would go back to SEL or go to the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad. It would make sense for Larsson to decide to go to the AHL if that is the case, because he is sure to be towards the top of the callup list.
Plus, while he's shown he can compete in a top men's league, getting used to the North American game would be a logical next step.

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 AM
  #471
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,397
vCash: 500
As expected Samuel Carrier not being signed by Washington Capitals.

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera

#Caps will not sign 2010 draft pick Samuel Carrier, according to a team spokesman.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
This is from two years ago when it was originally signed.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=753841

It says that Players under the age of 22, who were not drafted in the first round, may return to their old Swedish teams if they don't make their NHL squad.(emphasis mine)

So I am wondering if the transfer agreement means that for non-first rounders like Larsson that it would be his option if he would go back to SEL or go to the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad. It would make sense for Larsson to decide to go to the AHL if that is the case, because he is sure to be towards the top of the callup list.
Thanks that's what I thought about 1st/other and option for non-first rounders. Appreciate you tracking that info. down. Also, my understanding is that at that time it only applied to that group. I know someone posted above that it would apply to all European transfer agreements, but my understanding was that this was specific to the Swedish IHF NHL transfer agreement; didn't think it applied to the other existing transfer agreements.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
  #472
SOKOL
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 737
vCash: 500
http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...n-daniel-bang/

Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed free agent forward Daniel Bång (DAN-yehl BAWNG) to a one-year, two-way contract worth $925,000 and the NHL level and $70,000 at the AHL level.

SOKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
  #473
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So from what I can tell:

Petr Straka, Oscar Lindberg, Ludvig Rensfeldt, Brock Beukeboom are top 63 picks from the 2010 draft all going unsigned.
Funny two sons of NHLers are not signing and becoming UFAs

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:54 AM
  #474
caley
Moderator
 
caley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 8,895
vCash: 500
per Chip Alexander's twitter

Quote:
Frederik Andersen, Canes' goalie prospect, has told Gothenburg Post in Sweden he will not accept Canes' contract offer.
Quote:
Andersen told Gothenburg Post: "I could end up two years in the AHL and I don't want that."

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
  #475
shaner89
Registered User
 
shaner89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Burlington, Ont
Posts: 14,553
vCash: 500
Will Anderson re-enter the draft or be a UFA?

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.