HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Prospect Signing Thread

Old
05-31-2012, 04:36 PM
caley

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Per Columbus beat writer Aaron Portzline's twitter, Blue Jackets head of scouting Tyler Wright says "We expected him to be more of an offensive player, and he's just kind of stumbled in that regard the last two seasons. Like the kid; wish him the best."

Sorensen have no idea about. A Senators beat writer simply said he would not be signed by Ottawa.

Also Mike Russo is reporting there may be an contract dispute between Johan Gustafsson and the Minnesota Wild.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/155498135.html
This was all a lot of hoopla over nothing, Gustafsson signed with Minnesota today.

Quote:
The Wild has locked up prospect Johan Gustafsson just before the goaltender would’ve become eligible to re-enter the NHL draft.
Quote:
The 6-foot-1 goaltender finished the regular season fifth in the Swedish Elite League with a .932 save percentage and second with a 1.68 goals against average. He was the Wild’s sixth round pick (159th overall) in the 2010 NHL Entry Level Draft.
http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633403

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:53 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I'm quiet excited about Gustafsson. He could end up being a solid goaltender.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1081
The Wild's future goaltending depth is solidified even further. I can't wait to see how Gustafsson develops. Great signing by Fletcher.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
So from what I can tell:

Petr Straka, Oscar Lindberg, Ludvig Rensfeldt, Brock Beukeboom are top 63 picks from the 2010 draft all going unsigned.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:41 PM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I know there was a clause in the most recent transfer agreement between NHL and Swedish Ice Hockey Federation about first round / non-first round draft picks (can't recall but might have excluded first round picks) and returning to Sweden to play if 22yo or younger (either under or including 22yo.) I believe the transfer agreement expires this summer but assume still in place at this time based on the little I have read about it. Maybe also true for more than just the Swedish transfer agreement?
Thats strange, Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin are both expected to be in N/A next season, either in Houston or the NHL.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:03 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

Quote:
He's never played in the NHL, he's eligible for the Calder Trophy, he's signed to a contract. Ergo, he's a prospect for the purposes of this thread.
sounds like a prospect to me...

Lasch is another one of St. Cloud's pint-sized scorers. Among the other ones, Andrew Gordon has had moderate pro success and Garrettt Roe had an 'ok' rookie AHL season.

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
The Wild's future goaltending depth is solidified even further. I can't wait to see how Gustafsson develops. Great signing by Fletcher.
Plus, he can develop over in Sweden, bypassing the logjam the Wild would have were he trying to play in the AHL.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Sabres won't be offering a contract to their 6th round pick in 2010, Cedrick Henley.

Maxime Morin ‏@MaxMorinRDS

Les Sabres n'offriront pas de contrat à Cedrick Henley (choix de 6e ronde 2010). Fortes chances de jouer comme 20 ans chez lui à Val-d'Or.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Per Renaud Lavoie, Predators sign 2010 5th rounder Patric Cehlin (Djurgaerden) to a 3 year ELC

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:06 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
Per Renaud Lavoie, Predators sign 2010 5th rounder Patric Cehlin (Djurgaerden) to a 3 year ELC
Cehlin opened a lot of eyes at the last two WJCs with his speed and flashy ability. Would expect him to be in Milwaukee this upcoming season.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:07 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
I know there was a clause in the most recent transfer agreement between NHL and Swedish Ice Hockey Federation about first round / non-first round draft picks (can't recall but might have excluded first round picks) and returning to Sweden to play if 22yo or younger (either under or including 22yo.) I believe the transfer agreement expires this summer but assume still in place at this time based on the little I have read about it. Maybe also true for more than just the Swedish transfer agreement?
All transfer agreements should be identical even though they were signed with individual federations. According to the rule players under the age of 22 should be returned to the European club they had a contract with if they don't make the NHL club right away. There may be that the players should have an option to return to Europe but I remember seeing some Finnish league club's boss saying something about the player having to return Finland if he doesn't make the NHL club. On the other hand I remember there being some exceptions where the players chose to play in the AHL and his European club agreed to it (possibly because the player had "nothing to learn from here anymore").

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:57 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Per renaud Lavoie

Blackhawks signs Adam Clendening. 3 year contract / 650 000 $ avg (2 way)

CareyClutch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Ferros

Doubt we will see Lasch in NHL anytime soon, think he will get stuck in AHL, a year ago he was -16 despite scoring 30 points in 55 games for Södertläje in Elitserien. He was just really bad in his own zone, a true one-dimensional player.

Gustafsson will be interesting to watch in SEL next year, he really needs to get some consistency and more confidence. He needs to play with authority, which he didn't do at all last season, then he will be one of the best goaltenders in SEL.

Ferros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
Per renaud Lavoie

Blackhawks signs Adam Clendening. 3 year contract / 650 000 $ avg (2 way)
Glad to see Clendening out of BU. Didn't like what was going on there.

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:42 AM
Robin Hood

Quote:

BTW, just for an update, here's the remaining unsigned CHL players whose rights will expire if not signed by June 1st

CAR: Frederik Andersen:
Are we past the deadline or do they have today (June 1) also to get something done?

Anyway, Andersen as UFA could be pretty interesting.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:06 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
Are we past the deadline or do they have today (June 1) also to get something done?
Im pretty sure that the deadline is today, so still some time left..

Hockeyfrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Robin Hood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Im pretty sure that the deadline is today, so still some time left..
You're right.

Andersen will not sign with Carolina but will re-enter draft.

Robin Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:58 AM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Thats strange, Johan Larsson and Jonas Brodin are both expected to be in N/A next season, either in Houston or the NHL.
I have to look up the agreement, I can't recall if it's non-first rounders or only first rounders. Also, I believe the player has some say, but again I need to look up the details.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:25 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
I have to look up the agreement, I can't recall if it's non-first rounders or only first rounders. Also, I believe the player has some say, but again I need to look up the details.
This is from two years ago when it was originally signed.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=753841

It says that Players under the age of 22, who were not drafted in the first round, may return to their old Swedish teams if they don't make their NHL squad.(emphasis mine)

So I am wondering if the transfer agreement means that for non-first rounders like Larsson that it would be his option if he would go back to SEL or go to the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad. It would make sense for Larsson to decide to go to the AHL if that is the case, because he is sure to be towards the top of the callup list.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Al Lagoon

vCash: 250
Quote:
So I am wondering if the transfer agreement means that for non-first rounders like Larsson that it would be his option if he would go back to SEL or go to the AHL if he doesn't make the big squad. It would make sense for Larsson to decide to go to the AHL if that is the case, because he is sure to be towards the top of the callup list.
Plus, while he's shown he can compete in a top men's league, getting used to the North American game would be a logical next step.

Al Lagoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 AM
sk84fun_dc

As expected Samuel Carrier not being signed by Washington Capitals.

Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera

#Caps will not sign 2010 draft pick Samuel Carrier, according to a team spokesman.

Quote:
This is from two years ago when it was originally signed.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=753841

It says that Players under the age of 22, who were not drafted in the first round, may return to their old Swedish teams if they don't make their NHL squad.(emphasis mine)

Thanks that's what I thought about 1st/other and option for non-first rounders. Appreciate you tracking that info. down. Also, my understanding is that at that time it only applied to that group. I know someone posted above that it would apply to all European transfer agreements, but my understanding was that this was specific to the Swedish IHF NHL transfer agreement; didn't think it applied to the other existing transfer agreements.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
SOKOL

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...n-daniel-bang/

Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed free agent forward Daniel Bång (DAN-yehl BAWNG) to a one-year, two-way contract worth $925,000 and the NHL level and $70,000 at the AHL level.

SOKOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So from what I can tell:

Petr Straka, Oscar Lindberg, Ludvig Rensfeldt, Brock Beukeboom are top 63 picks from the 2010 draft all going unsigned.
Funny two sons of NHLers are not signing and becoming UFAs

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:54 AM
caley

per Chip Alexander's twitter

Quote:
Frederik Andersen, Canes' goalie prospect, has told Gothenburg Post in Sweden he will not accept Canes' contract offer.
Quote:
Andersen told Gothenburg Post: "I could end up two years in the AHL and I don't want that."

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
shaner89

Will Anderson re-enter the draft or be a UFA?

shaner89 is offline   Reply With Quote