HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffenberg View Post
Well, you don't win any medals unless you participate. Some years ago there were world championships after the NHL play-offs were completed. I remember Canada playing with Gretzky, Lemieux etc. So all countries had their best players.

The result is almost the same as in the regular world championships. Canada, USA, Russia, the Czech republic, Sweden and Finland all had a decent chance to win the tournament. This proves that no particular country or region has dominance in hockey. All these country leagues generate great players.

My point is that you find probably almost as many great players in the KHL as in the NHL. So you might see more NHL players leaving for Russia in the future. Maybe not the Americans and Canadians, but at least the Europeans.
Yeah. You go to the KHL because you can't meet the grueling demands of NHL hockey. On the bigger ice surface in the K, you can take your dandy time with the puck, never battle in the corners, and you don't have to hit or be hit either. This is why someone like Semin is rumored to go there if an NHL team doesn't want him. He has NHL-level talent. Unfortunately, he's got no will to actually TRY. Defense is stressed less on a bigger surface, because it's harder to accomplish. The KHL is a step DOWN from the NHL, whether you like it or not. Just ask Radulov what was harder. He looked lost at times. Why did Jagr go to the KHL when he got older? Because there's less hitting, less chance of injury, and it's more open. They look at you funny if you Kronwall somebody. Jagr just had some gas left in the tank, which is why he was able to come back to the NHL. Lazy guys like Zherdev end up in the KHL, not because their NHL team "hates them because they're European." it's because they're lazy. Datsyuk isn't going to the KHL. Why? Because he's got the ambition. Malkin is the same.

Kids grow up and dream of winning the Stanley Cup, not a KHL championship.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:57 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
But that's just my humble opinion and hey what do I know - I'm just the guy that survived on 90 mins of sleep most game nights. You see, some people had to go to work after every game.
Now, that didn't sound very humble at all, did it

I think the anti zooks crowd wouldn't be as active if the pro zuke crowd was a bit less enthusiastic. One thing is wanting him to play, but you've had guys cheering for the Rangers to lose or even for other players to get hurt, so that Z would get to play. It shouldn't be a shock that some find that offensive.

I get Zuccarellos frustration. He wants to play hockey, he wants to play at the highest level and he feels he's good enough. I think he's probably right, and he probably should have had another shot a lot sooner than he got it. I think what he showed when he came back, was that he probably is NHL ready.

Talk of 80+ points, how he should play on our first line and how he's better than half the forwards who played doesn't make any sense, however. I still think he could have had a role on the team. During his short stint he added plenty of creativity, something this team needs - without moving away from the hard working, shot blocking, never say die mentality.

It looks like he will leave. It won't mean the difference of a cup or no cup next season by any means, but I do think it's a shame. He brought something and the interest generated in Norway has been great for the sport over here. And as some have stated, his leaving will probably mean a few less Norwegian fans. Some will stick though.

I for one grew up a fan of the NHL and the NYR - as I'm sure many of my fellow Norwegians did, but I'm not going to hide that Zuccarellos emergance rejuvenated my interest. i probably went from watching 5-10 games a year the years before he joined, to watching all of them. At first to keep an eye on Zook, but after a while I fell in love with the team. And their mentality.

Call it a six goalie system, boring or whatever you like. Seeing these guys work their ***** off for one another, seeing our captain block a mean slapper from Chara and get injured, seeing them give it their all and work as group more than most other teams in sports, to me that's hockey. The fancy pass and dangle belong there too, but I'd take true heart over true skill any day.

I hope the little guy stays the course, comes back and gives them one hell of a camp. I hope he earns that spot on the third RW. I still think he has a chance to make it with this club.

Last edited by SixGoalieSystem: 05-31-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old
05-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

There we go. Dubkov gets it. And he's exactly right. You're a supposed "fan" and you root for injuries so that little Mats can play? How are others supposed to respond to that? Zucc's fans are real radicals here, some of them. Dubkov hit the nail on the head.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:06 PM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
There we go. Dubkov gets it. And he's exactly right. You're a supposed "fan" and you root for injuries so that little Mats can play? How are others supposed to respond to that? Zucc's fans are real radicals here, some of them. Dubkov hit the nail on the head.
Just to clarify. To my knowledge, none of the posters above me in this thread have made statements like that. Hope most fans of Zuccs or other Norwegian NYR fans aren't grouped with those odd cases (which I haven't seen around here for a long while)

Old
05-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
Just to clarify. To my knowledge, none of the posters above me in this thread have made statements like that. Hope most fans of Zuccs or other Norwegian NYR fans aren't grouped with those odd cases (which I haven't seen around here for a long while)
Well duh...they jumped off the bandwagon after expressing their grievances for Zucc's wrist. But if you're going to be in the Rangers board, and you're a Norwegian hockey fan, don't go saying that he's better than half the roster, or that another player should get injured. Just change his last name to Christ. Some People think he's the savior no matter what.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubkov21 View Post
That would be glensoe's joke in a thread not long ago i believe you are refering to. He clearly stated it to be a joke in the post he made, and of course since then its been blown out of proportion.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:24 PM
Wal

Quote:
What I bolded her is the most important thing said here. Don't judge all by a few exceptions please.
I'm one of the new "bandwagon" fans that started following the Rangers after Zuc made the team around Christmas in 2010. Never been interested in hockey before that. A boring moment at work made me read the newspaper article about Zuc, started watching some stuff on youtube, actually got hooked, Zuke was sent down, and I kept watching games. Basically, I fell in love with NYR. That is what media cover and profiled players can create.
Sadly I only got to see about 2/3 of the NYR games this PO due stupid time difference. I must say that my day at work was very dependent of how NYR did. Imagine skipping sleeping about every other/third day for a month+. Not very happy after a loss, but in heaven after a win

I don't post here much, but I'm reading this forum several times a day. In my opinion there is a few posters that is very fond of making some "bashing" generalizations from a few posters. Same stuff we witnessed in the common PO-threads, a few fans from both teams behaving like

Old
05-31-2012, 06:29 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Well duh...they jumped off the bandwagon after expressing their grievances for Zucc's wrist. But if you're going to be in the Rangers board, and you're a Norwegian hockey fan, don't go aying that he's better than half the roster, or that another player should get injured. Just change his last name to Christ. Some People think he's the savior no matter what.
If i think a player is better than other players, or if i disagree with the way the roster looks it is my perogative to say so. You can disagree all you want and argue my points but please try to stay mature about the way you are expressing it. Shouldnt be all that hard to have some manners.
I dont see how someone being Norwegian, American or Russian disqualifies them from being allowed to express their opinion on a player from that same country.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
NickyFotiu

Stop telling other people what they can say or not say on this board. We all are entitled to our opinion. There is not 1 fan on this board or in the world that I would say is a greater NY Rangers fan than I am and I wanted to see Zooks play. I think the brief creativity we saw on the PP was indicative of why I wanted to see him play. It is great to have some up and down straight line players but it isnt the end of the world to mix in some creativity as well. I liked Eddie Johnstone who was a straight up and down player but I also liked Ulf Nilsson who was a very creative player. There is no law that says you can only be a NY Rangers fan if you only like players that play a style like Cally or Ruslan Fedotenko.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:57 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
That would be glensoe's joke in a thread not long ago i believe you are refering to. He clearly stated it to be a joke in the post he made, and of course since then its been blown out of proportion.
waiiiit....what?

what did I do now?..lol

Old
06-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
waiiiit....what?

what did I do now?..lol
Sorry, I thought it was you who said it haha. I guess I was wrong. Oooooooops!

Old
06-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Sorry, I thought it was you who said it haha. I guess I was wrong. Oooooooops!
how said what?

I can't remember anyone wishing injury on others, but I have a selective memory soo...

Old
06-01-2012, 01:23 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
how said what?

I can't remember anyone wishing injury on others, but I have a selective memory soo...
Yep, sorry thought it was you but I seem to remember wrong
Nevermind though, it was just a "frustration post" by a Norwegian who has been completely blown out of proportion.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

yeah....been there and done that...

Old
06-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Artemia

Quote:

Enjoy the KHL.
I love how KHL is supposed to be an insult.

Yes, making 5 times as much money as in NHL sure sucks I'm sure.

Oh, but there was a plane crash.

Yeah, and there was a couple of plane crashes in USA too, killing people. You're not safe anywhere.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:24 AM
Artemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
I never called Hagelin a first line player either. The notion that Zucc is an eighty-point player is lunacy.
No, it's not. If he's injury free and continues in another NHL team and gets top icetime you'll see.

He was amazing in Vancouver olympics, which is why so many NHL teams wanted him. That was on NHL rinks and against top players

He had 64 points in 55 games for the worst team in Elitserien.

He had 23 points in 42 games barely getting icetime on the 3rd/4th line. Playing with crap players in a stupid system.

That means he would have 50 points playing a full season with his terrible icetime and teammates.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:27 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post

Yeah, and there was a couple of plane crashes in USA too, killing people. You're not safe anywhere.
You know why players can make obscene money in the KHL? Because they cut corners on pretty much everything else that should go into a legitimate league, especially travel.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:30 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
No, it's not. If he's injury free and continues in another NHL team and gets top icetime you'll see.

He was amazing in Vancouver olympics, which is why so many NHL teams wanted him. That was on NHL rinks and against top players

He had 64 points in 55 games for the worst team in Elitserien.

He had 23 points in 42 games barely getting icetime on the 3rd/4th line. Playing with crap players in a stupid system.

That means he would have 50 points playing a full season with his terrible icetime and teammates.
Wow, this guy just cant get a fair shake. Ive never seen such a great player get the shaft like this - and if he can put up 80+ points, as you claim, that certainly would make him a great player.

When the Rangers inevitably dont qualify him because of his incomplete game and entitled attitude, you have to figure 29 other NHL teams will be knocking down the door for this guy. We shall see.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:

Second rate talent. Third rate safety.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Artemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Second rate talent. Third rate safety.
Yet these second rate KHL players seems to dominate NHL players every world championship. Funny that.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Yet these second rate KHL players seems to dominate NHL players every world championship. Funny that.
LOL LOL ha, nice one.

Maybe thats because the best NHL players are still competing in a little thing called the playoffs.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
So, KHL players are better than NHL players, and Zuccarello is an 80+ point NHL talent.

I'd quit while you're ahead with analysis like this.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
Artemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
LOL LOL ha, nice one.

Maybe thats because the best NHL players are still competing in a little thing called the playoffs.
So what you're saying is that the best KHL players are better than 80-90% of all NHL players. I can live with that.

It's not like canada's and usa's WC rosters sucks. They're all top NHL players.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
So what you're saying is that the best KHL players are better than 80-90% of all NHL players. I can live with that.

It's not like canada's and usa's WC rosters sucks. They're all top NHL players.
Im saying youre as wrong as I've ever seen anyone on this board regarding your KHL vs. NHL crap.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Vitto79

With Gabby out till the start of the yr I would say give Zuccarello a chancei n camp to show he can score some goals.

Closed Thread