HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Smyth potential free agent signing

Old
06-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Sarava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
sorry, but it's really hard to stay cool when you have to read through this threads. The HF user part of me wishes that we would have never won the cup. Some guys totally lost their minds and we have a lot of new ****** posters that only follow the hawks because of the Cup Win.

I've never been to Chicago and I've never seen them live, but I get up at 3 AM just to see how Deron Quint plays on our D
We all have our own opinions. Some of us are right more often than others. Or in the case of myself, wrong more than others. And more often than not, opinions aren't right or wrong - they are just opinions.

You know, I didn't find these message boards until month before the Hawks won the cup. Looking back at old posts you can see how dead this place used to be. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed that a whole lot. The more people that are here, the merrier as far as I'm concerned... even if it does bring in more disagreeing here and there. I try not to let it upset me, and usually do a good job of it.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:47 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
Hossa, Kopecky, Madden, Campbell, Sopel.
Hossa was not a Tallon signing, Dale wanted Havlat
Kopy only signed with us because of Hossa
Madden was not a Tallon signing, Dale wanted to bring back Pahlsson.
You now have overpaid Campbell (nobody gave him more money than we did - no PO Team did, ATL wasn't) and overpaid bottom pairing DMan. That Sopel contract was way to high and would be around 4.2/year now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
We all have our own opinions. Some of us are right more often than others. Or in the case of myself, wrong more than others. And more often than not, opinions aren't right or wrong - they are just opinions.

You know, I didn't find these message boards until month before the Hawks won the cup. Looking back at old posts you can see how dead this place used to be. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed that a whole lot. The more people that are here, the merrier as far as I'm concerned... even if it does bring in more disagreeing here and there. I try not to let it upset me, and usually do a good job of it.
That's all good and fine, but most stupid and irrational thinking posts come from those guys... no patience, only panic because we don't win the Cup every year and sky is falling, we won't even make the POs next year. Just look at those posts and you see why I have a problem. Every new guy comes in and looks stupid at first, I did, you did, we all did. The problem with some is just that they never learn how to talk on a good basis about hockey and the team. Hoss for exámple is good at it, just because we don't agree on all points (like goaltending) doesn't change the fact that he is a quality poster. As is Ike, you, BWC or DHF

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:57 AM
MagicSlap*

Many people seem to confuse disagreement with thinking that the team is awful. I am very vocal in my opinions about what kind of player and team make up can help a team win the Cup and often times, recently, I have felt my vision and that of Hawks management is not aligned. Now, these people are paid to make the right call and I could very well be wrong but I could also be right.

A lot of people, I think, confuse negativity about a certain aspect of the team with negativity of the whole team. Critiscizing something does not mean that you think the entire team sucks and is lottery bound. It is more a reflection of the fact that this team is good, some times very good, but that many posters feel that management is not taking steps to make this a great team that can compete year after year for a Cup. If we are wrong, that's fine and maybe the Hawks will win the Cup again next year.

I have been a fan my entire life since my grandfather started taking me to games as a boy. Just because I have a different opinion than you doesn't make me less of a fan. Some people apparently see criticsims and think "OH BOY all these new guys think the sky is fialling" when in reality the situation is more like "This particular action doesn't leave me optimistic that we'll move from a 6 seed to a top 3 next year."

People see the game in different ways and to think that because someone sees it a different way, they're wrong, is silly and childish.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:16 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Hossa and Campbell were signed to be impact players.

Madden, Kopecky and Sopel were good 4th liners and bottom-pairing Dmen on the Cup team.. but those aren't players that were the difference between winning the Cup or not. Madden was the biggest contributer.. but they could have done better than Sopel at 2.33M and Kopecky was an average 4th liner when they won.
These type of posts are hilarious. Guys come here and contribute to win a Cup 1st time in 50 effin' years, but we could have done it without this guy or that guy.

Campbell didn't play well enough to stay etc.

Well boys, Brouwer, Burish, Kopecky, Sopel, Madden, Campbell... are all gone. How easy has it been to replce them?

Any deep playoff runs lately? There were 2 deep runs with them, the 2nd got us a Cup.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:14 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
These type of posts are hilarious. Guys come here and contribute to win a Cup 1st time in 50 effin' years, but we could have done it without this guy or that guy.

Well boys, Brouwer, Burish, Kopecky, Sopel, Madden, Campbell... are all gone. How easy has it been to replce them?

Any deep playoff runs lately? There were 2 deep runs with them, the 2nd got us a Cup.
But it's true. Replacing Nick Boynton isn't tough.

Campbell was great and there's a reason he was making seven million per. Key piece that I wish nothing but the best for in Florida.

Brouwer had a bad playoff, understandable considering his father's poor health at the time. Outside of a solid series against the Sharks however, he was more or less invisible.

Burish is a quality fourth line energy guy that was great in the lockerroom. Certainly valuable, but far from irreplaceable.

Everyone knows I'm all about #82. His role on that cup team was to play spot minutes on the fourth line. Didn't really get his chance to prove his worth til the following season.

Sopel sucked. Have been saying it for three years now. Good riddance. Aaron Johnson would have been a better #5 then Sopel. Total warrior that left it all out on the ice, but he just wasn't a NHL caliber defenseman. He'd block three shots in a row, and then when he had the chance to clear the puck he'd make a tape to tape pass right back to the point.

Madden was another elite fourth line guy. Great signing, great mentor, great leadership. Would have loved to have had him back at a greatly reduced cost, which wasn't going to happen with our cap troubles.

Some of those pieces are nice, but outside of Cambell, all can be replaced every summer through trades/UFA without much difficulty outside of MAYBE Brouwer, and I'm not gonna prod that hornet's nest again.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:20 AM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
But it's true. Replacing Nick Boynton isn't tough.

Campbell was great and there's a reason he was making seven million per. Key piece that I wish nothing but the best for in Florida.

Brouwer had a bad playoff, understandable considering his father's poor health at the time. Outside of a solid series against the Sharks however, he was more or less invisible.

Burish is a quality fourth line energy guy that was great in the lockerroom. Certainly valuable, but far from irreplaceable.

Everyone knows I'm all about #82. His role on that cup team was to play spot minutes on the fourth line. Didn't really get his chance to prove his worth til the following season.

Sopel sucked. Have been saying it for three years now. Good riddance. Aaron Johnson would have been a better #5 then Sopel. Total warrior that left it all out on the ice, but he just wasn't a NHL caliber defenseman. He'd block three shots in a row, and then when he had the chance to clear the puck he'd make a tape to tape pass right back to the point.

Madden was another elite fourth line guy. Great signing, great mentor, great leadership. Would have loved to have had him back at a greatly reduced cost, which wasn't going to happen with our cap troubles.

Some of those pieces are nice, but outside of Cambell, all can be replaced every summer through trades/UFA without much difficulty outside of MAYBE Brouwer, and I'm not gonna prod that hornet's nest again.
i agree sopel made dumb mistakes, but even the hawks norris winning d-man ****s up with trying to clear the puck. at least this season

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post

to add to Disgruntled..

Funny how you left off the most irreplaceable players in Ladd, Buff, and Versteeg. Those are the 3 players we haven't replaced, the others you mentioned (aside from Campbell) are very replacable.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
to add to Disgruntled..

Funny how you left off the most irreplaceable players in Ladd, Buff, and Versteeg. Those are the 3 players we haven't replaced, the others you mentioned (aside from Campbell) are very replacable.
that's because he knows that we lost 2 of them because of Campbell. We all know that 2 of them are better than Campbell + Pisani

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Hell no to Smyth. Did we not learn from Brunette? God.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote