HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2012 Habs Board (Annual) Mock Draft - Part 2..Complete!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
  #101
eaglesmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
He went 84th overall to DET:



*I'll send eaglesmaster a PM just in case he doesn't check back here.
sorry i ctrl f searched his name, but guess the spelling was diff? Will pick someone else
* Changed it to my 2nd choice anyway, his teammate Montgomery, hopefully he wasn't taken

eaglesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:23 PM
  #102
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I will wait until after Eagles picks

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:25 PM
  #103
Grant McCagg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,445
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesmaster View Post


With the 197th pick, the Washington Capitals are proud to select, from Shattuck-St. Mary's, of the Minnesota High school league, Center, Theodor Blueger.


*WTK has been pmed
Wow. He hadn't been picked? I guess that's what happens when you join halfway through...I should have printed my rankings and stroked off players as they were picked. I have Blueger ranked in my top 60..he really impressed me at the U-20's playing for Latvia. I would be surprised if he wasn't picked in the top three rounds.

Grant McCagg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:28 PM
  #104
eaglesmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Wow. He hadn't been picked? I guess that's what happens when you join halfway through...I should have printed my rankings and stroked off players as they were picked. I have Blueger ranked in my top 60..he really impressed me at the U-20's playing for Latvia. I would be surprised if he wasn't picked in the top three rounds.
He was taken, his name was just spelled differently then how I had it written, so I didn't see it with the search function, my bad guys, guess this is what happens when I disappear to europe for a few weeks to take care of family matters...

Ps, to avoid confusion I will say it again, Caps take Jacob Montgomery with the 197th pick

eaglesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:44 PM
  #105
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
With my final selection and 198th overall, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select from Modo Jr, Edwin Hedberg.

"We select Edwin because he was born in Colombia and that's cool."

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:53 PM
  #106
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
With my final selection and 198th overall, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select from Modo Jr, Edwin Hedberg.

"We select Edwin because he was born in Colombia and that's cool."
That's awesome

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:03 AM
  #107
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Last pick was made at 1:58pm yesterday.

Let's get a move on, we're almost done!

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
  #108
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
I volunteered to pick for the Rangers...but they don't have any more picks.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:22 AM
  #109
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Jeffrey was PMed.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
  #110
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Right now, I will take the opportunity to reflect on my draft for Buffalo..

12th: Sebastian Collberg
26th: Nicolas Kerdiles
42: Jarrod Maidens
44. Michael Matheson
73: Emil Lundberg
133: Paul De Jersey
163: Patrik Bartosak
193: Jay Dickman
198: Edwin Hedberg

I really like what I managed to do with Buffalo this year. I had a lot of picks which really made it nice. I got one of the most skilled players in the draft with Collberg. I added a guy who I think is a player you win with in Kerdiles. I added big bodies with offensive potential in Maidens, Dickman, Emil Lundberg and Paul De Jersey. Matheson could team up with Myers on the PP in Buffalo in the future and make a really mean 1st PP unit. Finally, Bartosak is one of my favorite goalies in the draft, limited exposure, good numbers and I think he would be ranked higher if he played a full season.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 AM
  #111
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Right now, I will take the opportunity to reflect on my draft for Buffalo..

12th: Sebastian Collberg
26th: Nicolas Kerdiles
42: Jarrod Maidens
44. Michael Matheson
73: Emil Lundberg
133: Paul De Jersey
163: Patrik Bartosak
193: Jay Dickman
198: Edwin Hedberg

I really like what I managed to do with Buffalo this year. I had a lot of picks which really made it nice. I got one of the most skilled players in the draft with Collberg. I added a guy who I think is a player you win with in Kerdiles. I added big bodies with offensive potential in Maidens, Dickman, Emil Lundberg and Paul De Jersey. Matheson could team up with Myers on the PP in Buffalo in the future and make a really mean 1st PP unit. Finally, Bartosak is one of my favorite goalies in the draft, limited exposure, good numbers and I think he would be ranked higher if he played a full season.
Fantastic draft for Buffalo, well-balanced and each pick has some room to grow (no Dickman jokes) and lots of upside.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 AM
  #112
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,767
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Why do I always have to make my selection on friday!! I'm busy like hell on friday. I will make my selection tommorow if possible. Anyway I think we are well ahead of our schedule.

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:46 AM
  #113
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,767
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Last pick was made at 1:58pm yesterday.

Let's get a move on, we're almost done!
Some people work on weekday you know ...

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:53 AM
  #114
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
For the Stars I tried to do three things:

1-Depth on D Scored with three big workhorses in Maatta, Blujus and Draeger. All have much more upside offensively and can play a tough game in their own end. A+

2-Size and toughness Nabbed Mitch Moroz in the 4th, one of the tougher players in the draft, will probably go much higher. Hunter Fejes tracks Grizzly Bears for fun, how much tougher can you get? B

3-Top 6 forwards with long term potential: Jankowski and Winther are projects but with huge upside. Missed on Beran who I wanted as early as the 3rd but kept pushing off till next pick but like the Lou Nanne pick and not just for historical reasons, if he hits a growth spurt could be a real good player. C+

Didin't get a goalie either but Jack Campbell will step up his game in the pros so not worried.

Overall very pleased with the draft. Great mock thanks for having me!

Can't wait to see who gets my guys in the real thing.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
  #115
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
Some people work on weekday you know ...
I wish I knew what it was like to work from 7:30am until 4:30pm...

Oh wait, I do.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
  #116
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I wish I knew what it was like to work from 7:30am until 4:30pm...

Oh wait, I do.
And you take care of your family AND you're a top notch global moderator.

Honestly, if I wasn't already trying to be like Watsatheo, you'd be my role model.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
  #117
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
And you take care of your family AND you're a top notch global moderator.

Honestly, if I wasn't already trying to be like Watsatheo, you'd be my role model.
I'll never compete with someone like Watsatheo.


Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 06-01-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
  #118
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 37,375
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle West View Post
For the Stars I tried to do three things:

1-Depth on D Scored with three big workhorses in Maatta, Blujus and Draeger. All have much more upside offensively and can play a tough game in their own end. A+

2-Size and toughness Nabbed Mitch Moroz in the 4th, one of the tougher players in the draft, will probably go much higher. Hunter Fejes tracks Grizzly Bears for fun, how much tougher can you get? B

3-Top 6 forwards with long term potential: Jankowski and Winther are projects but with huge upside. Missed on Beran who I wanted as early as the 3rd but kept pushing off till next pick but like the Lou Nanne pick and not just for historical reasons, if he hits a growth spurt could be a real good player. C+

Didin't get a goalie either but Jack Campbell will step up his game in the pros so not worried.

Overall very pleased with the draft. Great mock thanks for having me!

Can't wait to see who gets my guys in the real thing.
I liked a lot of your selections, Jankowski, Winther, Fejes and Blujus.

If the Habs could nab Blujus in the 3rd, Fejes late and Jankowski in the 2nd. We would be blessed.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
  #119
TinordiandSubban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I liked a lot of your selections, Jankowski, Winther, Fejes and Blujus.

If the Habs could nab Blujus in the 3rd, Fejes late and Jankowski in the 2nd. We would be blessed.
I especially liked your DeJersey and Beran picks.

Having you pick right before me was nerve wracking.

I tried to apply the Timmins approach of picking guys who can skate and/or have strong character and have lots of room to grow into a projected upside. We'll see if he agrees.

TinordiandSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:39 AM
  #120
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,767
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey

the LA Kings are proud to select Goaltender Daniel Altshuller from the Oshawa Generals !

This complete our draft:

18. Tomas Hertl
109. Alexandre Mallet
139. Justin Kloos
169. Nicholas Walters
176. Adam Gilmour
183. Marcus McIvor
199. Daniel Altshuller

Not much top high quality pick but let's hope this draft can find us some NHLer. I went with some hard nosed players over skills with the exception of Hertl and Kloos. I also have really high hope in Alexandre Mallet and I believe he'll find his way to the NHL as he is the complete package.

Next GM has been PMed !

Jeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
  #121
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,775
vCash: 500
With the last pick, the selects, from the Green Bay Gamblers, and soon to be a Michigan Wolverine, Alex Kile.

Next GM will be PM'ed.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:04 PM
  #122
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 28,873
vCash: 500
Awards:
I think I know who overlords is going to pick... Sucks for me if I'm right.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:19 PM
  #123
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
It kosher if I take Donskoi?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:32 PM
  #124
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,775
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
It kosher if I take Donskoi?
You do what you want, but I don't think it's fair. We just learned the guys that are available. I decided not to pick anybody like that because of that reason. But again, you do what you want.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:37 PM
  #125
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You do what you want, but I don't think it's fair. We just learned the guys that are available. I decided not to pick anybody like that because of that reason. But again, you do what you want.
Well there's no fun in it if it just pisses people off

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.