HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Old
06-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Rangers4Life74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisYearsModel View Post
Mike Milbury.....how stupid do you look for bashing the guy all playoffs? Moron.
thats a trick question,Mike Milbury always looks stupid

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:10 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The season is not starting on time. Fehr is not going to agree to give up 7% in the next 3 months. Both sides will get serious when games are lost. The players could have hired anyone to give up 7%. They're paying Fehr $3M per for a reason. See you in January.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Lundsanity30

Gaborik only has 2 years left, ride it out, get him a goal scorer to go with him and see what happens while continuing to build with young players.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:11 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Jun 1, 2012 11:10a

Gaborik will undergo surgery next week upon returning to NY from Slovakia...had MRI on Tuesday...

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/NYP_Brooksie/stat...76366206128129

Old
06-01-2012, 10:12 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gabby won't miss any games. He will be returning right about when the lockout will be coming to an end and NHL season opens on January 1. Leafs@Wings. Big House.
Listen here, Gary Bettman...

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

Gaborik did not miss a game this season with this injury.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gabby won't miss any games. He will be returning right about when the lockout will be coming to an end and NHL season opens on January 1. Leafs@Wings. Big House.
Damn. I bet you're right.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
Its more about trading him because he isn't right fit with this group of guys under Torts.

I imagine he still has great value, i dont mind a straight swap for another elite winger
Lets see how many others of "this group" would have played with a torn rotator cuff....

Old
06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
It's going to be a long off-season.
Anything short of the Cup and good portion of this fanbase turns into Yankee fans. Definitely not my Grandppaps Rangers Back in the day most would be thrilled at a Conference finals with a relatively young team. You'd be really excited for next season, but now some fans think they were owed more than what they were given.

That said, and we're off !

I would like to hear more about this injury. Small tears can only keep you out 3 months. But this is MG were talking, he should take his time with a hangnail.

Pretty tough playing through that kind of injury, though small tear, painful but with good trainers on hand you can play.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
seriously, that is much respect.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:17 AM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

I just read the Brooks tweet and came on here to see the actual injury and it felt like my stomach sunk.

This truly sucks, but I don't care how many people talk about Gaborik being made of glass it truly took some serious nads to play 2+ rounds with that serious an injury.

Truly a warrior and I'm happy there was a reason behind it and not he's a choke artist.

06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

First Jagr messed up his shoulder back in 06, now Gaborik. Bleh.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Oh come on, stop being so biased. He played with a god damn torn rotator cuff, clearly because he did not want to let his team down. How can you possibly spin this into an opportunity to bash Gaborik?

You can't spin it.

That takes balls to play hockey in that pain, did it once for only a half of a GAME.
Cannot imagine two months.

I admire what he tried to do for this team this year. Extremely admirable, makes 3 OT even more special.

However, I still would hope Sather can explore options for trading him to another team ONLY if the return nets the Rangers a superstar.(i.e Nash)

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post
First of all, I don't think this had anything to do with his poor play. I was primarily a baseball player and tore my rotator cuff throwing from my knees on a play in the hole at shortstop. I played three more games before going for surgery, and had about 7 or 8 hits in those 3 games. I couldn't really throw the ball anymore (DH'd those 3 games), but it didn't affect my hitting one bit. Never felt an ounce of pain swinging the bat, so this doesn't exonerate Gaborik to me. His biggest problem to me was lack of lateral speed and the inability to hold onto the puck when he got hit/leaned on.
WHAT? Hockey is a much different game than baseball. You don't get hit constantly in baseball, its no wonder Gaborik was afraid to take a big hit. Anyone who thinks this didn't affect him holding onto the park are outta their damn minds. Ranger fans are worse than Yankee fans.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I just read the Brooks tweet and came on here to see the actual injury and it felt like my stomach sunk.

This truly sucks, but I don't care how many people talk about Gaborik being made of glass it truly took some serious nads to play 2+ rounds with that serious an injury.

Truly a warrior and I'm happy there was a reason behind it and not he's a choke artist.
He scored 6 goals with basically one arm and played 2 months with that one arm. Injections and pain killers and all. He should get the conn-smythe clearly

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 AM
nevesis

The pain was controlled, its the fact that he couldn't do much with his shot, and played tentative with fear of not wanting to injure it further.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
You can't spin it.

That takes balls to play hockey in that pain, did it once for only a half of a GAME.
Cannot imagine two months.

I admire what he tried to do for this team this year. Extremely admirable, makes 3 OT even more special.

However, I still would hope Sather can explore options for trading him to another team ONLY if the return nets the Rangers a superstar.(i.e Nash)
Sather already believes he can put another superstar WITH Gaborik as evident by offering a monster package for Nash at the deadline last year.

Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
yes,having a 40 goal scorer who plays good defense is always a problem.

lets dump this bum for a 4th round pick
if this is the conclusion your brain comes to on the matter than your the one with the issue. I'm a fan of Gaborik, but he's just our version of Havlat, or Hemsky. he's a great player when healthy, but that's rare.

he can't play the full season. Losing your 40g scorer as you enter post season, takes your first overall record and flushes it down the toilet as you fight for survival against the 8th seed.

Do I need to tell you what happens when you start a season without your top scorer? Bottom line he needs to go. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else is convinced. I can only hope that management sees the situation for what it is.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:21 AM
koz2393

the christmas tree he carried in 24/7 gets its revenge

Does make me take back some criticism of him from the stretch run...took guts, which we don't really associate with gaborik, to play a couple of weeks and score the triple ot winner on a bad shoulder.

koz2393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
No doubt the guy deserves kudos, pretty gutsy.

But it still doesnt make it feel any better going into the future with this $7Mil ball of injuryfest. He's running out of places they can operate, quick somebody check his appendix

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
if this is the conclusion your brain comes to on the matter than your the one with the issue. I'm a fan of Gaborik, but he's just our version of Havlat, or Hemsky. he's a great player when healthy, but that's rare.

he can't play the full season. Losing your 40g scorer as you enter post season, takes your first overall record and flushes it down the toilet as you fight for survival against the 8th seed.

Do I need to tell you what happens when you start a season without your top scorer? Bottom line he needs to go. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else is convinced. I can only hope that management sees the situation for what it is.
he just played a full season.looks like your brain has the issue,not mine.he also just played a portion of it with a torn rotator cuff.

what kind of value do you think you're going to get for him now anyway?you arent going to get much for him,even when hes healthy.no team is going to want to give up much for a sniper coming off a major shoulder injury

hes not going anywhere,period,injury or not.deal with it

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:26 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by koz2393 View Post
the christmas tree he carried in 24/7 gets its revenge

Does make me take back some criticism of him from the stretch run...took guts, which we don't really associate with gaborik, to play a couple of weeks and score the triple ot winner on a bad shoulder.
If by a couple of weeks you mean 8+ weeks then yes, Because he said it was 2 months.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

His groin problems are mainly a thing of the past. That's what caused most of his problems earlier in his career.

Shoulder injuries happen. I don't see how this leads to him having an injury problem all of a sudden.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:28 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

The young players such as Kreider and Erixon will play for the Whale during the lockout. Hopefully Schultz will playing for the Whale too. The CBA gets settled in late November. Camps begin in early December. Plenty of time for HBO 24/7 to get footage. Winter Classic begins the NHL season. The league and players generate a lot of revenue from the Winter Classic.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
GarretJoseph*

Playing injured sometimes holds the team back. Didn't Cally play injured too?

His play vs the Devils didn't help at all, I just wonder if a healtier player could have contributed a little. A fresh player with legs still under him. I know this has been beaten to a pulp but I still strongly feel if Avery was at least in Hartford for a call up, he would have gotten into Martys head and a few Debbies which is prob more than what Gaborik did during the Devil series.

anyway, enough of that. Get well Gabs.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote