HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Old
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Melrose_Jr.

vCash: 500
Who else said "WHAT!?!??!" as soon as the front page loaded?

A Thanksgiving return, if he's lucky? Oof.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:31 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Playing injured sometimes holds the team back. Didn't Cally play injured too?

His play vs the Devils didn't help at all, I just wonder if a healtier player could have contributed a little. A fresh player with legs still under him. I know this has been beaten to a pulp but I still strongly feel if Avery was at least in Hartford for a call up, he would have gotten into Martys head and a few Debbies which is prob more than what Gaborik did during the Devil series.

anyway, enough of that. Get well Gabs.
Callahan said he wasn't injured. Not sure if that is true, but that's what he said to the media.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Lundsanity30

Since coming to the Rangers, Gaborik has played 76 games, 62 games and 102 games this year (with the playoffs included), I don't care what he did before he came to the Rangers, but with what he's done on the Rangers, anyone calling him "mr.glass" is crazy.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The young players such as Kreider and Erixon will play for the Whale during the lockout. Hopefully Schultz will playing for the Whale too. The CBA gets settled in late November. Camps begin in early December. Plenty of time for HBO 24/7 to get footage. Winter Classic begins the NHL season. The league and players generate a lot of revenue from the Winter Classic.
We get it.

Isn't there a more appropriate thread for this?

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Gaborik had hip surgery in the winter of 2009 to repair an issue which was causing the groin issues. He hasn't had any major groin issues since then. He tweaked something in November 2009 but was fine. He was fooling around in practice and Henrik's skate cut him. Gaby played in the Olympics and hurt something. He hurt his shoulder against the Leafs in 2010. Then had a minor concussion. Didn't miss a game this season. 105 goals in 3 years. 2 40 goal seasons. He has been very productive here.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Who else said "WHAT!?!??!" as soon as the front page loaded?

A Thanksgiving return, if he's lucky? Oof.
Definitely did. This is awful.

I don't know what they're going to do, but anyone who thinks the Rangers will get decent return for a Gaborik who won't be back until January is foolish. When was the last time you saw an injured star traded? Never happens.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Vito Andolini

It was clear to anyone that didn't have a personal bias against Gaborik that the man was injured in the playoffs. Forget the points, shots, etc. Just watching him along the boards & his tentativeness to be engaged in any kind of contact was all anyone needed to see.

I applaud him for playing through it, but lets not make him out to be some kind of warrior...he hasn't earned that.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:39 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Someone called Gaborik the Slovakian Mike Gartner. That makes Rick Nash the Canadian Don Mattingly. Did Dave Maloney really refer to Nash as Barry Beck?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:40 AM
rangers5000

i still think he should be traded soon, this only adds to it

this is not some long term 8 year contract, there are teams out there who need a legit 40 goal scorer to play on there top line, even if he misses the first month of the season, even at 60g teams would love to have him

even if we don't get alot in return, dumping his salary and getting as much as we can, then those those assets for another trade

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post

this is not some long term 8 year contract, there are teams out there who need a legit 40 goal scorer to play on there top line, even if he misses the first month of the season, even at 60g teams would love to have him

even if we don't get alot in return, dumping his salary and getting as much as we can, then those those assets for another trade
You are 100% right, and the Rangers are one of those teams who need a legit scorer, imagine that.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
This should shut up all those people who got on Gaborik

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Andolini View Post
It was clear to anyone that didn't have a personal bias against Gaborik that the man was injured in the playoffs. Forget the points, shots, etc. Just watching him along the boards & his tentativeness to be engaged in any kind of contact was all anyone needed to see.

I applaud him for playing through it, but lets not make him out to be some kind of warrior...he hasn't earned that.
So than what does playing 102 games (playoffs included) with the final 2 months and the playoffs with a torn rotator make him out to be? a wimp?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:44 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post

what assets?you arent getting any kind of package for him,especially now.you'll get some mid level prospects and a few draft picks.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Does this put even more emphasis and added pressure on Sather to make a move for scoring help?

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Sent: Jun 1, 2012 11:44a

Gaborik shoulder injury now confirmed. Team will make an announcement later today. Expected out until November, at least.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/rangersreport/sta...84757070659585

Old
06-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
Does this put even more emphasis and added pressure on Sather to make a move for scoring help?
Potentially.

If there is a lockout, Gaborik will be back in time regardless; however, even with a healthy Gaborik, we need more scoring.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
This should shut up all those people who got on Gaborik
nope, now it's we need to trade him because he's "injury prone" despite averaging 80 games a season if you include the playoffs

Old
06-01-2012, 10:47 AM
bubba5

Boy now I wonder how we fare in the playoffs with a healthy Gabby! Maybe the first 2 series don't go 7, then we are not as tired against the Devils, and a healthy Gabby and better rested team against the Devils, maybe we win that series!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:48 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
Potentially.

If there is a lockout, Gaborik will be back in time regardless; however, even with a healthy Gaborik, we need more scoring.
This could actually be a blessing (especially if there is a lockout), this will force the Rangers to go out and get a goal scorer, which we need one WITH Gaborik.

Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
if this is the conclusion your brain comes to on the matter than your the one with the issue. I'm a fan of Gaborik, but he's just our version of Havlat, or Hemsky. he's a great player when healthy, but that's rare.

he can't play the full season. Losing your 40g scorer as you enter post season, takes your first overall record and flushes it down the toilet as you fight for survival against the 8th seed.

Do I need to tell you what happens when you start a season without your top scorer? Bottom line he needs to go. I couldn't care less if you or anyone else is convinced. I can only hope that management sees the situation for what it is.
How do you compare Gaborik to Hemsky? Havlat I get but Hemsky?

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
he just played a full season.looks like your brain has the issue,not mine.he also just played a portion of it with a torn rotator cuff.

what kind of value do you think you're going to get for him now anyway?you arent going to get much for him,even when hes healthy.no team is going to want to give up much for a sniper coming off a major shoulder injury

hes not going anywhere,period,injury or not.deal with it
I realize he's played a full season. He got injured during the most important part of the season. What good is it? This isn't a one time thing with this guy...

You do know about him right? or did you just start following the team when we went on an extended playoff run?

in his 10 nhl seasons: 71,78,81,65,65,48,76,62,82,17 GP

more than half have been spent missing considerable time. I'm not doubting his heart or his ability. I just don't think he fits this team's personality anymore. In, fact he couldn't be a worse fit.

If Havlat and Heatley can be moved, so can Gaborik.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
So than what does playing 102 games (playoffs included) with the final 2 months and the playoffs with a torn rotator make him out to be? a wimp?
A hockey player.

As I said, I applaud him for putting the team first and trying, but his play in the playoffs wasn't something to be especially proud of. People were calling for his head because of how pathetic his board play was. While everyone understands the issue more clearly now, it doesn't change that he was completely ineffective at almost all facets of the game. Aside from the Washington series...he was pretty awful.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Boy now I wonder how we fare in the playoffs with a healthy Gabby! Maybe the first 2 series don't go 7, then we are not as tired against the Devils, and a healthy Gabby and better rested team against the Devils, maybe we win that series!
Yeah, just goes to show how much of a crapshoot the playoffs really are and how much luck it takes to win a Cup. One guy getting hit or falling the wrong way can alter the entire team's destiny.

A healthy Gabby potting a few more timely goals in the playoffs could have either shortened up some of the first 2 series or given them a tiebreaking game winner in games 5 or 6 against the Debbies.

Maybe it's playing out that way in an alternate universe right now..

The one thing that stood out to me besides the lack of production was that Gaborik in the regular season was actually throwing hits on people and much more involved in the play than he was in the playoffs, and an injured rotator cuff would certainly explain that change.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:55 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
How do you compare Gaborik to Hemsky? Havlat I get but Hemsky?
Hemsky has only played ONE full season out of eight NHL seasons.

he's very injury prone as well. worse even.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:55 AM
beastly115

Hope you morons who criticized him are satisfied.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote