HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
  #126
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Hope you morons who criticized him are satisfied.
yup. all is right with the world now. our injury prone first line wing has heart, but is still injury prone and undependable getting season ending injuries at the worse times possible...

great. we have a first line C, no first line wings and a handful of 2b players and rookies.

more 1g scoring seasons here we come.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:00 AM
  #127
rangers5000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 510
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
You are 100% right, and the Rangers are one of those teams who need a legit scorer, imagine that.
thats why we sign parise and trade for nash

nash/parise > gaborik

we should dump duby anyways, and if we give some picks its worth it, normally i would not be for it, but with nash/parise there for the taking why keep a injury prone soft non playoff player

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
  #128
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I realize he's played a full season. He got injured during the most important part of the season. What good is it? This isn't a one time thing with this guy...

You do know about him right? or did you just start following the team when we went on an extended playoff run?

in his 10 nhl seasons: 71,78,81,65,65,48,76,62,82,17 GP

more than half have been spent missing considerable time. I'm not doubting his heart or his ability. I just don't think he fits this team's personality anymore. In, fact he couldn't be a worse fit.

If Havlat and Heatley can be moved, so can Gaborik.
LOL thats really sums up what i think about your post.

more then half of his 10 years in the league has been spent missing time?not according to the numbers you posted.what i see is a guy whos averaged at least 60+ games over his career.the number would be even higher if he didnt miss 34 games 1 year and 65 another year.

but thats the hfboards way,everyone wants to dwell on the negative and post stats to justify their argument.

considering hes spent half his career"nursing injuries" in your own words,hes put up some pretty damn good numbers during that time.

but lets dump him now while hes value couldnt possibly be lower because he doesnt fit in a system he just scored 40 plus goals in in 2 out of 3 seasons

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:02 AM
  #129
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
yup. all is right with the world now. our injury prone first line wing has heart, but is still injury prone and undependable getting season ending injuries at the worse times possible...

great. we have a first line C, no first line wings and a handful of 2b players and rookies.

more 1g scoring seasons here we come.


just outta curiosity....how would a non injury prone player avoid having a TORN ROTATOR CUFF?!!?!?


this isnt pulling a groin. this isnt a concussion from an average hit....this is a torn frikkin rotator cuff. he didnt pull a muscle and sit out a year...the guy tore his rotator cuff and played another 2 months through it. I think the most injury "resistant" guy would have STILL torn their rotator cuff and I question how many NHLers would play through it. The fact that Gabby was able to be what...first...second on our team in points this playoffs despite playing through that injury? that speaks volumes to the guys heart

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:02 AM
  #130
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
thats why we sign parise and trade for nash

nash/parise > gaborik

we should dump duby anyways, and if we give some picks its worth it, normally i would not be for it, but with nash/parise there for the taking why keep a injury prone soft non playoff player
And how do we do that under the Cap, oh wait, im sure there are going to be teams lined up for Gabrik,coming off surgury!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
  #131
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
thats why we sign parise and trade for nash

nash/parise > gaborik

we should dump duby anyways, and if we give some picks its worth it, normally i would not be for it, but with nash/parise there for the taking why keep a injury prone soft non playoff player
1. no guarantee we will get Parise.

2. What is wrong with Nash/Gaborik or Gaborik/Parise?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
  #132
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,291
vCash: 500
Best Rangers option was to continue to play him--he could still skate and do most everything to some degree and we didn't have any more Kreider's to fall back on so Marian stayed in the lineup. He didn't have a great playoffs but at least we have a good reason why now. I expect others would have done the same though--it's part of the team's character--and it seems that Marian fits into that concept of team even if he's a big star.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
  #133
TKG
Registered Excuser
 
TKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The young players such as Kreider and Erixon will play for the Whale during the lockout. Hopefully Schultz will playing for the Whale too. The CBA gets settled in late November. Camps begin in early December. Plenty of time for HBO 24/7 to get footage. Winter Classic begins the NHL season. The league and players generate a lot of revenue from the Winter Classic.
Makes my tickets even more worth it.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
  #134
Trident61494
Registered User
 
Trident61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SUFFOLK, LI, NY
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Hemsky has only played ONE full season out of eight NHL seasons.

he's very injury prone as well. worse even.
Of course. But you think he could score 38-43 goals in a season if he's healthy?

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:13 AM
  #135
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.
 
SwedishBullet62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
if that timetable holds true you have to figure sather will push HARD for parise or someone big if gaborik will be missing significant time at the beginning of the season.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
  #136
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli
 
NYSportsfan87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,863
vCash: 500
He'll be fresh for the playoffs !

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
  #137
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 50
We were ale to get a prime Gaborik out of free agency partly because he was injury prone.

Giving us 110 goals in 3 seasons with or without injuries I am not going to complain.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
  #138
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 500
I want Rick Nash, and I want Zach Parise, AND Marian Gaborik. This is what needs to happen.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
  #139
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I want Rick Nash, and I want Zach Parise, AND Marian Gaborik. This is what needs to happen.
getting all 3 would be impossible.

you cant have 5 guys on your team all making more than 6 mil a season. 4 is damn tough to do...5 is impossible.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
  #140
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,817
vCash: 500
Some players are just more injury-prone than others. Call it bad genes, bad luck, playing style, whatever. Nothing personal to Gaborik -- I'm sure he prepares and takes great care of his body -- but the fact remains that he gets injured...often.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  #141
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
getting all 3 would be impossible.

you cant have 5 guys on your team all making more than 6 mil a season. 4 is damn tough to do...5 is impossible.
You'd have to move Richards or Lundqvist or otherwise gut our team off guys like Girardi, Staal, ect.

Not to mention the long term implications on contracts like McDonagh

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  #142
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
getting all 3 would be impossible.

you cant have 5 guys on your team all making more than 6 mil a season. 4 is damn tough to do...5 is impossible.
I never said I wanted to keep Dubinsky. Obviously we have to cut some fat in order to make it happen. Its entirely possible.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
  #143
Trident61494
Registered User
 
Trident61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SUFFOLK, LI, NY
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
We were ale to get a prime Gaborik out of free agency partly because he was injury prone.

Giving us 110 goals in 3 seasons with or without injuries I am not going to complain.
Nor will I. But how much will the team suffer if he's out for any significant period of time. And what sort of player will be be when he returns?

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:22 AM
  #144
Nickmo82
Registered User
 
Nickmo82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, England
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 938
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I want Rick Nash, and I want Zach Parise, AND Marian Gaborik. This is what needs to happen.
so you foresee an NHL without a salary cap in the near future then?

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
  #145
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Nor will I. But how much will the team suffer if he's out for any significant period of time. And what sort of player will be be when he returns?
A fair concern. The good news is that, while Jagr's play dropped after separating his shoulder, he was , I believe, significantly older.

Even if Gaborik becomes a 30 goal scorer we have to try to keep him around. Now last season I advocated trading him for Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson, but it seems that time has past.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
  #146
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Oh come on, stop being so biased. He played with a god damn torn rotator cuff, clearly because he did not want to let his team down. How can you possibly spin this into an opportunity to bash Gaborik?
Yes. Gaborik is injury prone. He never has back to back healthy seasons.

Next season he will play 60 max and score 25 max. How will the rest of the offense do?

You cannot be a serious consistent contender with Gaborik he needs to go.

AMNESTY BUYOUT

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
  #147
Jax1166
Registered User
 
Jax1166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: I-95
Country: United States
Posts: 1,390
vCash: 500
So now who else really wants a lock out?
ME

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
  #148
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,903
vCash: 50
This is a silly argument for a number of reasons.

1. You speak about the future definitively in a number of statements, including Gaborik's production, an amnesty buyout in the new CBA, and the prospects of a cup contending team with or without Gaborik.

2. Gaborik does have trade value. "Cutting" him so to speak would be a terrible allocation of internal resources.

3. This guy was 3rd in the NHL in goals this last season, which makes the argument of buying him out at best comical and at worst imbecilic.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
  #149
Vito Andolini
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
just outta curiosity....how would a non injury prone player avoid having a TORN ROTATOR CUFF?!!?!?


this isnt pulling a groin. this isnt a concussion from an average hit....this is a torn frikkin rotator cuff. he didnt pull a muscle and sit out a year...the guy tore his rotator cuff and played another 2 months through it. I think the most injury "resistant" guy would have STILL torn their rotator cuff and I question how many NHLers would play through it. The fact that Gabby was able to be what...first...second on our team in points this playoffs despite playing through that injury? that speaks volumes to the guys heart
I hear your argument but how does one get a torn rotator cuff playing hockey anyways?

Did he try throwing the puck past Lundqvist in practice or something?

I can think of 1 other hockey player getting this injury before. It's not normal, which makes it even more typical that he of all people gets it.

Also....11 points in 20 games. Let's not go crazy here. He showed heart playing through it, but frankly speaking, he was not very good in the playoffs.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:29 AM
  #150
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmo82 View Post
so you foresee an NHL without a salary cap in the near future then?
Per Brooks...

"The Rangers appear to have a considerable amount of cap space with which to maneuver in reconstructing for next year, but with the labor agreement set to expire on Sept. 15, itís anybodyís guess as to exactly how much.

The Blueshirts will have approximately $20 million of space under a summer cap thatís likely to be in the neighborhood of $76M, but itís impossible to know whether the 2012-13 cap will exceed, be equal to, or decrease from last seasonís $64.3M when itís reset under the new collective bargaining agreement."

Not mentioning the trade of Dubinsky, $4.2million cap hit

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.