HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Old
06-01-2012, 10:59 AM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastly115 View Post
Hope you morons who criticized him are satisfied.
yup. all is right with the world now. our injury prone first line wing has heart, but is still injury prone and undependable getting season ending injuries at the worse times possible...

great. we have a first line C, no first line wings and a handful of 2b players and rookies.

more 1g scoring seasons here we come.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:00 AM
rangers5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
You are 100% right, and the Rangers are one of those teams who need a legit scorer, imagine that.
thats why we sign parise and trade for nash

nash/parise > gaborik

we should dump duby anyways, and if we give some picks its worth it, normally i would not be for it, but with nash/parise there for the taking why keep a injury prone soft non playoff player

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
I realize he's played a full season. He got injured during the most important part of the season. What good is it? This isn't a one time thing with this guy...

You do know about him right? or did you just start following the team when we went on an extended playoff run?

in his 10 nhl seasons: 71,78,81,65,65,48,76,62,82,17 GP

more than half have been spent missing considerable time. I'm not doubting his heart or his ability. I just don't think he fits this team's personality anymore. In, fact he couldn't be a worse fit.

If Havlat and Heatley can be moved, so can Gaborik.
LOL thats really sums up what i think about your post.

more then half of his 10 years in the league has been spent missing time?not according to the numbers you posted.what i see is a guy whos averaged at least 60+ games over his career.the number would be even higher if he didnt miss 34 games 1 year and 65 another year.

but thats the hfboards way,everyone wants to dwell on the negative and post stats to justify their argument.

considering hes spent half his career"nursing injuries" in your own words,hes put up some pretty damn good numbers during that time.

but lets dump him now while hes value couldnt possibly be lower because he doesnt fit in a system he just scored 40 plus goals in in 2 out of 3 seasons

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
yup. all is right with the world now. our injury prone first line wing has heart, but is still injury prone and undependable getting season ending injuries at the worse times possible...

great. we have a first line C, no first line wings and a handful of 2b players and rookies.

more 1g scoring seasons here we come.

just outta curiosity....how would a non injury prone player avoid having a TORN ROTATOR CUFF?!!?!?

this isnt pulling a groin. this isnt a concussion from an average hit....this is a torn frikkin rotator cuff. he didnt pull a muscle and sit out a year...the guy tore his rotator cuff and played another 2 months through it. I think the most injury "resistant" guy would have STILL torn their rotator cuff and I question how many NHLers would play through it. The fact that Gabby was able to be what...first...second on our team in points this playoffs despite playing through that injury? that speaks volumes to the guys heart

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:02 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post

nash/parise > gaborik

we should dump duby anyways, and if we give some picks its worth it, normally i would not be for it, but with nash/parise there for the taking why keep a injury prone soft non playoff player
And how do we do that under the Cap, oh wait, im sure there are going to be teams lined up for Gabrik,coming off surgury!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post

nash/parise > gaborik

1. no guarantee we will get Parise.

2. What is wrong with Nash/Gaborik or Gaborik/Parise?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
eco's bones

Best Rangers option was to continue to play him--he could still skate and do most everything to some degree and we didn't have any more Kreider's to fall back on so Marian stayed in the lineup. He didn't have a great playoffs but at least we have a good reason why now. I expect others would have done the same though--it's part of the team's character--and it seems that Marian fits into that concept of team even if he's a big star.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The young players such as Kreider and Erixon will play for the Whale during the lockout. Hopefully Schultz will playing for the Whale too. The CBA gets settled in late November. Camps begin in early December. Plenty of time for HBO 24/7 to get footage. Winter Classic begins the NHL season. The league and players generate a lot of revenue from the Winter Classic.
Makes my tickets even more worth it.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Trident61494

Quote:
Hemsky has only played ONE full season out of eight NHL seasons.

he's very injury prone as well. worse even.
Of course. But you think he could score 38-43 goals in a season if he's healthy?

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:13 AM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

if that timetable holds true you have to figure sather will push HARD for parise or someone big if gaborik will be missing significant time at the beginning of the season.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:15 AM
NYSportsfan87
Thank You Eli

He'll be fresh for the playoffs !

NYSportsfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
We were ale to get a prime Gaborik out of free agency partly because he was injury prone.

Giving us 110 goals in 3 seasons with or without injuries I am not going to complain.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
nevesis

I want Rick Nash, and I want Zach Parise, AND Marian Gaborik. This is what needs to happen.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I want Rick Nash, and I want Zach Parise, AND Marian Gaborik. This is what needs to happen.
getting all 3 would be impossible.

you cant have 5 guys on your team all making more than 6 mil a season. 4 is damn tough to do...5 is impossible.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Crease

Some players are just more injury-prone than others. Call it bad genes, bad luck, playing style, whatever. Nothing personal to Gaborik -- I'm sure he prepares and takes great care of his body -- but the fact remains that he gets injured...often.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post

you cant have 5 guys on your team all making more than 6 mil a season. 4 is damn tough to do...5 is impossible.
You'd have to move Richards or Lundqvist or otherwise gut our team off guys like Girardi, Staal, ect.

Not to mention the long term implications on contracts like McDonagh

Old
nevesis

Quote:

I never said I wanted to keep Dubinsky. Obviously we have to cut some fat in order to make it happen. Its entirely possible.

Old
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
We were ale to get a prime Gaborik out of free agency partly because he was injury prone.

Giving us 110 goals in 3 seasons with or without injuries I am not going to complain.
Nor will I. But how much will the team suffer if he's out for any significant period of time. And what sort of player will be be when he returns?

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Nickmo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
so you foresee an NHL without a salary cap in the near future then?

Nickmo82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
Nor will I. But how much will the team suffer if he's out for any significant period of time. And what sort of player will be be when he returns?
A fair concern. The good news is that, while Jagr's play dropped after separating his shoulder, he was , I believe, significantly older.

Even if Gaborik becomes a 30 goal scorer we have to try to keep him around. Now last season I advocated trading him for Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson, but it seems that time has past.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Jax1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Oh come on, stop being so biased. He played with a god damn torn rotator cuff, clearly because he did not want to let his team down. How can you possibly spin this into an opportunity to bash Gaborik?
Yes. Gaborik is injury prone. He never has back to back healthy seasons.

Next season he will play 60 max and score 25 max. How will the rest of the offense do?

You cannot be a serious consistent contender with Gaborik he needs to go.

AMNESTY BUYOUT

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Jax1166

So now who else really wants a lock out?
ME

Jax1166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

This is a silly argument for a number of reasons.

1. You speak about the future definitively in a number of statements, including Gaborik's production, an amnesty buyout in the new CBA, and the prospects of a cup contending team with or without Gaborik.

2. Gaborik does have trade value. "Cutting" him so to speak would be a terrible allocation of internal resources.

3. This guy was 3rd in the NHL in goals this last season, which makes the argument of buying him out at best comical and at worst imbecilic.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 AM
Vito Andolini

Quote:
just outta curiosity....how would a non injury prone player avoid having a TORN ROTATOR CUFF?!!?!?

this isnt pulling a groin. this isnt a concussion from an average hit....this is a torn frikkin rotator cuff. he didnt pull a muscle and sit out a year...the guy tore his rotator cuff and played another 2 months through it. I think the most injury "resistant" guy would have STILL torn their rotator cuff and I question how many NHLers would play through it. The fact that Gabby was able to be what...first...second on our team in points this playoffs despite playing through that injury? that speaks volumes to the guys heart
I hear your argument but how does one get a torn rotator cuff playing hockey anyways?

Did he try throwing the puck past Lundqvist in practice or something?

I can think of 1 other hockey player getting this injury before. It's not normal, which makes it even more typical that he of all people gets it.

Also....11 points in 20 games. Let's not go crazy here. He showed heart playing through it, but frankly speaking, he was not very good in the playoffs.

Vito Andolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:29 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmo82 View Post
so you foresee an NHL without a salary cap in the near future then?
Per Brooks...

"The Rangers appear to have a considerable amount of cap space with which to maneuver in reconstructing for next year, but with the labor agreement set to expire on Sept. 15, itís anybodyís guess as to exactly how much.

The Blueshirts will have approximately $20 million of space under a summer cap thatís likely to be in the neighborhood of $76M, but itís impossible to know whether the 2012-13 cap will exceed, be equal to, or decrease from last seasonís $64.3M when itís reset under the new collective bargaining agreement."

Not mentioning the trade of Dubinsky, $4.2million cap hit