HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Get Tavares on NHL13 cover! **Lost in Semi-Finals to Rinne**

Old
06-01-2012, 08:32 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 400
I knew there was something fishy about a mild-mannered Euro goalie from a team down in Dixie beating out the likes of Lundqvist, Sharp, JT, etc.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Broom of the System

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
I knew there was something fishy about a mild-mannered Euro goalie from a team down in Dixie beating out the likes of Lundqvist, Sharp, JT, etc.
It was created late on May 30th, so unless it doubles as a time machine, it didn't help him beat any of those guys...

Broom of the System is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:05 AM
SaintTavares

vCash: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broom of the System View Post
It was created late on May 30th, so unless it doubles as a time machine, it didn't help him beat any of those guys...
So if you cheat on one question out of a hundred on a test, that doesn't count as cheating? Im not saying this was the only factor that helped Rinne beat JT, but don't say it didn't help

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:08 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
So if you cheat on one question out of a hundred on a test, that doesn't count as cheating? Im not saying this was the only factor that helped Rinne beat JT, but don't say it didn't help
how would it help beat tavares when it was created after rinne already won? confused...

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
StumpNYI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
how would it help beat tavares when it was created after rinne already won? confused...
Where does it say when it was created? I don't have twitter so I could have missed it. If the fans who made the site make that claim I can't say I believe them.

StumpNYI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:04 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanderfan17 View Post
The NHL games are pretty popular, it would be nice exposure for JT and the Isles as well as something for us fans to enjoy. I don't understand why some posters seem so mad about fans wanting to get their guy on the cover.
Oh, not angry, just your typical old school fan. I don't think it matters, but then again, I stopped at Colecovision (still have my Intellivision and Atari as well).

I wanna see the energy put into demanding change......signing Suter and a top six pivot. Not a picture of one.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:39 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintTavares View Post
I would like to point out that it was an Islanders fan who brought the "cheat" to the attention of Preds fans. Up until this morning no one had ever mentioned it. At all. We wouldn't have allowed it. There is no way of knowing if it actually votes for Rinne anyway.

And we do not permit any forum to be used to troll or flame any fan base. Just because this is an Islanders forum doesn't mean you can insult the Nashville fan base.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:44 AM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I would like to point out that it was an Islanders fan who brought the "cheat" to the attention of Preds fans. Up until this morning no one had ever mentioned it. At all. We wouldn't have allowed it.

And we do not permit any forums to be used to troll or flame any fan base. Just because this is an Islanders forum doesn't mean you can insult the Nashville fan base.
I'm one who loves what Nashville brought to the game. Your team is a solid exception to the Bettman expansion. You're right there in the Central, fans are tenacious and the girls are amazing.

Just a few overzealous kids/young adults/persons refusing to move out of their parents' houses. The rest? Great.

(though your coach still looks like an Eastern Block dictator. Nashlovia?)

Old
06-01-2012, 11:47 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
I'm one who loves what Nashville brought to the game. Your team is a solid exception to the Bettman expansion. You're right there in the Central, fans are tenacious and the girls are amazing.

(though your coach still looks like an Eastern Block dictator. Nashlovia?)
The girls are definitely amazing

Apparently, this thing is huge in Finland. It's all over the sports media. Looks like Rinne has an entire nation behind him. I'm not saying that to troll. I'm saying that because it could help explain from where a lot of votes are coming.

Assuming that cheat works and it was created by a Preds fan, there are bad apples in every bunch. I think we can all agree there. Those "bad apples", however, are not indicative of the entire fan base.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
The girls are definitely amazing

Apparently, this thing is huge in Finland. It's all over the sports media. Looks like Rinne has an entire nation behind him. I'm not saying that to troll. I'm saying that because it could help explain from where a lot of votes are coming.

Assuming that cheat works and it was created by a Preds fan, there are bad apples in every bunch. I think we can all agree there. Those "bad apples", however, are not indicative of the entire fan base.
Just come out and say it TMI, you created the 'cheat'.

Anyway, congrats to Rinne for beating our golden boy. After JT has a monster season next year, he'll get the cover for NHL14.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:01 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

OK OK, it was me. But it actually votes for American Idol contestants

Old
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
periferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I usually think you have good posts, but this is just rediculous. Of course we'd rather be in the playoffs talking about beating the Kings, but we are not in the playoffs. This is something that has kept us busy and is fun. But to say the standards have shifted as a fanbase is disrespect and assinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
What does this matter? Seriously?

I didn't vote once. I'd rather one day on the cover of Newsday than an eternity on a game friggen box.

I wanna see the energy put into demanding change......signing Suter and a top six pivot. Not a picture of one.

BINGO x 1,000,000.

How about instead of spending all your energy on voting for a picture of Tavares on a video game cover you spent the same energy writing Wang letters which demand accountability for all the inept actions he's taken over the years? I just happen to believe that if all the people who voted for JT not just here, but everywhere wrote Wang a letter it would make a difference.

Or even better...Imagine if everyone who had season tickets (or bought tickets at all) just gave them up and let Islander management know that they are giving them up specifically because of how Wang is running the team. The man doesn't want to spend money because he's losing it, so that is a massive pressure point with him. Now imagine we took more away from him with the promise we'd all come back if he righted the ship? I'd bet you'd see some changes.

But hey...Let's get Tavares on NHL 2013 and have another offseason of signing no one of consequence. The status quo has been so great under Wang that we as fans should just accept the product he delievers us and shouldn't ever try something outside the lines to have a chance of affecting change.

Last edited by periferal: 06-01-2012 at 12:08 PM.
periferal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:16 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by periferal View Post
BINGO x 1,000,000.

How about instead of spending all your energy on voting for a picture of Tavares on a video game cover you spent the same energy writing Wang letters which demand accountability for all the inept actions he's taken over the years? I just happen to believe that if all the people who voted for JT not just here, but everywhere wrote Wang a letter it would make a difference.

Or even better...Imagine if everyone who had season tickets (or bought tickets at all) just gave them up and let Islander management know that they are giving them up specifically because of how Wang is running the team. The man doesn't want to spend money because he's losing it, so that is a massive pressure point with him. Now imagine we took more away from him with the promise we'd all come back if he righted the ship? I'd bet you'd see some changes.

But hey...Let's get Tavares on NHL 2013 and have another offseason of signing no one of consequence. The status quo has been so great under Wang that we as fans should just accept the product he delievers us and shouldn't ever try something outside the lines to have a chance of affecting change.
Said in 2004, said every year since then.....you want change? You gotta make the owner FEEL it.

And I'll just point to the 1980's Detroit example of how 3,000 in attendance forced Ilitch to realize he's hurting the fanbase (cue - he nabbed Devellano).

I'll say this: Wang PLANNED on this. He had to. The arena experience is MADE for kids and parents. Not fans. Kids can be replaced once they get old enough to realize how awful his ownership is. Just court the next batch of pampered spoiled brats and seats sell.

Oh, and sell HOPE to the gullible.

(non-attendee since 12/29/2001, OT winner, would have gone back if they didn't raze that great roster that summer and prove how inept Milbury or whoever could be under Wang)

They get my money when they act like a professional franchise to be proud of, win or lose. It takes less than that to get other people's money, apparently. Enjoy the bobblehead tattoos, folks.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Ladies and Gents, this thread is about the EA NHL13 cover voting. No need to let it degrade into yet another Wang/Snow bashfest. Let's try to stay on topic otherwise this thread will have to be shut down. Thanks.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:26 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Ladies and Gents, this thread is about the EA NHL13 cover voting. No need to let it degrade into yet another Wang/Snow bashfest. Let's try to stay on topic otherwise this thread will have to be shut down. Thanks.
Sorry, some of us just feel it's misspent energy to worry about a video game, but I concede it would have been a nice honor for our budding young star.

Old
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
JKP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Exactly. It was fun and it was something to get a little excited about during the doldrums of May. I'm tired of the negativity and this was something positive. (Aside from Preds fans cheating. )

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote