HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan McDonagh & Dan Girardi

Old
06-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Gardner McKay
Cupcake schedule.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWells16 View Post
So Rangers fans are willing to move McDonagh for top 10 talent in the game... great.

What's the point of this thread then? The Pens are putting Kris Letang on the board, and we really want to see your offer. However, we're only willing to accept the following players:
Alex Ovechkin (maybe)
Steven Stamkos
Claude Giroux
Henrik Lundqvist
1 Ranger fan started this thread. Many fans of other teams dumped on the value of McDonagh not knowing a thing about him and to counter (right or wrong) that is what many here said to show how highly we value him. A top 10 talent only is taking things a bit far but then again considering his potential, progression, and consistent play its not THAT far off.

06-01-2012, 12:42 PM
getdatzet
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
Pietrangelo is one of the top-3 defensemen in the game right now?!?

No wonder why you're saying what you're saying. Sorry, but Pietrangelo is not better than Weber, Keith, Chara, Suter, Doughty, or even Lidstrom. Not happening, and I LOVE Pietrangelo and avidly follow the blues, as they're my #3 team behind the Rangers and Kings, and are a huge reason as to why I have center ice.
I would claim Pietrangelo is top 3-5. He is on a similar level as every single guy you mentioned, and a case can be made for him being above some of them too. Dont kid yourself, hes that good. My number one Norris trophy candidate for 2012-2013.

This is coming from a Detroit Red Wings fan by the way...

Last edited by getdatzet: 06-01-2012 at 01:23 PM.
getdatzet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd View Post
"Corps" is singular.
One "Corps" has multiple people in it.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:34 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Again, he plays the 2nd most minutes on your team. It makes him your #2. He isn't behind Chara and Weber either. Both he and Girardi are excellent defenseman, but he isn't a #1. #1 defensemen play in all situations including PP. He was 3rd in PP time behind MDZ and Girardi. He's a #2 guy, time will tell if he develops into a #1. Some guys just don't improve at the rate you hope they will. See Phaneuf and Doughty as prime examples. Phaneuf had 20 goals and 49 points as a 19 year old defenseman his first year. He also played shutdown minutes. Players have different development curves. Maybe McDonagh becomes a true #1 like Weber or Lidstrom, but maybe he peaks now.
Another argument based solely on stats, and not actually watching the guy play. McDonagh is our best and most skilled all-around defender. If it wasn't for the fact that he was a second year defender, and Tortarella uses Richards at the other point on the PP, McDonagh gets more minutes than Girardi.

Quote:
Of course if you mean #1 as in a top 30 guy in the league I agree with you that he is that. But that would make Jokinen a #1 center too.
No, because some teams have 2nd line centers that are better than Jokinen.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Sniper99
#1 Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
What?

You really think it is fair, value-wise, to trade Hemsky and a future 1st for TWO of McDonagh, MDZ, and Girardi--all of whom are considerably better than any defenseman on Edmonton's roster.

Sigh.

I'm not even a Rangers fan--in fact, I hate the Rangers--but you're either badly misinformed about those players, or a bit confused about positional value.

Honestly, I doubt most Rangers fans would trade McDonagh for Eberle straight up. They should. But I feel like they wouldn't. But if you take into account Girardi's / MDZ's value, then it really isn't close. Edmonton would have to add significantly--like, Klefbom / Marincin just to get in the ballpark. You can't make it work without one of the big-four assets.

No No I didnt mean for 2 of those guys. Sigh I meant for 1 of them and maybe something else.

Sniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Sniper99
#1 Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
One "Corps" has multiple people in it.
They failed English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum

Sniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:31 PM
TSA0402

I'd say this is a lame thread.

NYR have a few borderline top d-men, but didn't make it all the way.

If they make 6th place next years these great d-men are solid d-men, so they are better off holding onto them.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote