2012-2013 Roster

Old
06-01-2012, 12:34 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
If there is an amnesty buyout, and Dallas doesn't use it on Adam Pardy, my guess is they use it on Godard.

However, I could also just see them doing a regular buyout of Godard right away this summer. As we've previously discussed, they are a bit tight on contracts.

EDIT: In fact, i hope they do use a regular buyout on Godard so they could use the amnesty buyout on Pardy.

Goligoski-Robidas/UFA/Trade
Dillon-Daley
Fistric-Larsen
Jordie Benn
Sounding like an amnesty buyout isn't in the cards at all. Hasn't been discussed with the GMs, and honestly, unless the cap plummets due to the CBA, there really isn't a good reason for it.

Would it be too hard to keep Godard and Pardy in the AHL? Or at least Godard? I don't totally know how a one-way contract works, but wouldn't we just be paying him more?

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:47 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Sounding like an amnesty buyout isn't in the cards at all. Hasn't been discussed with the GMs, and honestly, unless the cap plummets due to the CBA, there really isn't a good reason for it.

Would it be too hard to keep Godard and Pardy in the AHL? Or at least Godard? I don't totally know how a one-way contract works, but wouldn't we just be paying him more?
Where are you hearing it hasn't been discussed? It's the most popular theory I've seen since nearly everyone expects the players to take a smaller portion of the revenues (less than the current 57%) meaning the cap will go down. Most people don't expect a salary rollback because they expect teams will be given an amnesty buyout instead.

If the owners push for a salary rollback, I don't expect the CBA to be done by September 15th.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:51 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Where are you hearing it hasn't been discussed? It's the most popular theory I've seen since nearly everyone expects the players to take a smaller portion of the revenues (less than the current 57%) meaning the cap will go down. Most people don't expect a salary rollback because they expect teams will be given an amnesty buyout instead.

If the owners push for a salary rollback, I don't expect the CBA to be done by September 15th.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1199865

Posts 10, 14, 23, and then some speculation on them.

Yzerman pretty much said he'd never heard a thing about an amnesty buyout yet. The rest is through ESPN, though.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:59 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1199865

Posts 10, 14, 23, and then some speculation on them.

Yzerman pretty much said he'd never heard a thing about an amnesty buyout yet. The rest is through ESPN, though.
I can't remember who said it ... maybe it was Bob McKenzie ... but when the rumors first started coming out about the cap going down that is what they were saying ... the league would not do anything to help teams become cap compliant.

Maybe it was Lyle Richardson .. I really can't remember. Anyway, the amnesty buyout is relatively new, and I hope Yzerman/ESPN are right. No amnesty buyout would a benefit team like Dallas.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 01:06 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
I can't remember who said it ... maybe it was Bob McKenzie ... but when the rumors first started coming out about the cap going down that is what they were saying ... the league would not do anything to help teams become cap compliant.

Maybe it was Lyle Richardson .. I really can't remember. Anyway, the amnesty buyout is relatively new, and I hope Yzerman/ESPN are right. No amnesty buyout would a benefit team like Dallas.
That's the argument. It'd benefit so few teams, it's not worth it, and they got themselves into that mess anyways.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Bruise Bros 2426

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpi3080 View Post
I think he still has a good standing in Pittsburgh, for example after the battle against the Islanders where he helped Goalie Johnson.

Godard for 7th round pick / future considerations ?!
Pittsburgh may be looking for an enforcer, considering Steve MacIntyre played about 10 games last year. Otherwise he was a healthy scratch or in the AHL. I think Asham is a UFA too, so if he leaves they'll be looking to beef back up.

Bruise Bros 2426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:

Dallas could easily bury Godard and Pardy in the AHL. The issue right now isn't real money or cap space it's the contract limit. Each team may only have 50 contracts at a time. With all the young players Dallas is signing to ELCs and with the need to fill out the roster for next season, Pardy and Godard are each a waste of a contract.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
Dallas could easily bury Godard and Pardy in the AHL. The issue right now isn't real money or cap space it's the contract limit. Each team may only have 50 contracts at a time. With all the young players Dallas is signing to ELCs and with the need to fill out the roster for next season, Pardy and Godard are each a waste of a contract.
I always forget about the contract limit.

Old
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Hey guys. Had a question about Larsen again - is he pencilled into the top four next year, like most of you have here?

Do you guys have enough defensive depth to send him down if he somewhat struggles?

Thanks for the replies.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 09:44 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Well I wouldn't say for certain that he'll be in the top-4 in terms of TOI per game to start the season since that depends on who's acquired or traded for in the offseason. But he'll be in the top-6 for sure.

Now that said I think he will be in the top-4 since there's tons of room for his minutes to grow considering he barely played on the PP last season despite its massive struggles. Fixing the PP has been identified as one of the major steps toward improving the team and getting Larsen on the ice is an important step to doing so. At even strength he was only 1 second per game away from being in the top-4 last year behind Souray, who is likely gone.

Even if he somewhat struggles he'll still be better than most of the other options, I really can't see him getting sent down ever again barring a complete disaster.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

Once again, thanks. Hope he solidifies himself this year. Have him in fantasy, and in general, he was one of my favourite prospects.

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline   Reply With Quote