HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luke Adam + Brayden McNabb packaged to Edmonton?

Old
06-01-2012, 07:39 AM
HiddenInLight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
And you need to realize we aren't moving any of them, unless Myers+ is coming the other way.
If Myers + was coming to edmonton you'd need at least two of the afformentioned assets coming to buffalo to make DR even consider it. Especially considering that it is rumored that he turned down Myers for Getzlaf straight up last season. Myers is pretty much untradeable in DRs mind IMO.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:48 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
If Myers + was coming to edmonton you'd need at least two of the afformentioned assets coming to buffalo to make DR even consider it. Especially considering that it is rumored that he turned down Myers for Getzlaf straight up last season. Myers is pretty much untradeable in DRs mind IMO.
i can't believe how ridiculous some of these proposals are...thread after thread of laughable proposals....

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:53 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
i can't believe how ridiculous some of these proposals are...thread after thread of laughable proposals....
That wasn't a proposal. That was stating that none of those pieces alone would get you getzlaf, and DR reportedly turned down Myers for Getzlaf straight up last year. So why would buffalo add to myers for a lesser piece when they could have had getzlaf for less? It means that buffalo feels Myers is untouchable.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:23 AM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
What would Edmonton have to send Buffalo in order to recieve Luke Adam and Brayden McNabb as a package?
If you added Marcus Foligno to that package, I'd have to think about it for the 1st overall. Love the potential in Foligno.

roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Jame
Dream '16

Adam for Paajarvi is a workable deal for both sides

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

What's the deal with Lander?

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
If you added Marcus Foligno to that package, I'd have to think about it for the 1st overall. Love the potential in Foligno.
If DR were to consider throwing Foligno in that package, than McNabb needs to be replaced with either a pick or a prospect with less upside. No way the Sabres get rid of Foligno or McNabb, so the idea of them trading away both in one package is just flat out not going to happen. If they were then Edmonton better be ready to give up a serious young prospect or first rounder.

1point21Gigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 01:21 PM
dkollidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
Adam for Paajarvi is a workable deal for both sides
I believe so, maybe Buffalo adds someone like Weber or Brennan to seal the deal?

dkollidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:25 PM
russ99

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Lander will be a good player in a few years, it's just that Renney wanted a sandpaper guy centering the 4th line, and rushed Lander into the role.

New coach, and that hopefully won't happen. I'd like to see Lander in the AHL for a good part of next year and only called up in case of injury.

russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
DJN21

Klefbom & Tuebert for McNabb & Adam.

Buffalo is weak at center and further depletes their depth, edmonton is weak at defense already....so i dont see how this works for either team but I'd still do it and honestly aside from the untouchables(RNH,Eberle,Hall,1st rounder) there isnt another Oilers Id trade McNabb straight up for let alone adding in Adam. No offense to oilers fans but your secondary forward prospects arent much to brag about and pieces like Gagner,MPS,Omark etc arent sure-fire enough for me and dont upgrade us anywhere...

just an honest opinion...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:28 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post

Buffalo is weak at center and further depletes their depth, edmonton is weak at defense already....so i dont see how this works for either team but I'd still do it and honestly aside from the untouchables(RNH,Eberle,Hall,1st rounder) there isnt another Oilers Id trade McNabb straight up for let alone adding in Adam. No offense to oilers fans but your secondary forward prospects arent much to brag about and pieces like Gagner,MPS,Omark etc arent sure-fire enough for me and dont upgrade us anywhere...

This is pretty terrible for the Sabres. We're loaded in the pipeline on defense so we add another defenseman by dealing from a position of weakness? It makes no sesne. And McNabb is better than either defenseman we are getting back (or at least Klefbom's equal) and he has a skillset unlike any other that we have.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:

Tobias Rieder RW 1993 5'11" 190Lbs
OHL 60GP 42G 42A 84P Playoffs 16GP 13G 14A 27P

Nail Yakupov RW 1993 5'11" 190Lbs
OHL 42GP 31G 38A 69P Playoffs 6GP 2G 3A 5P

I don't think for a second that Rieder will be as good as Yakupov but to say that the Oilers don't have any secondary forward prospects to brag about is completely wrong(as well as even mentioning Omark)

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:40 PM
Pure

Luke Adam + McNabb for PRV + Petry?

Young players for young players, but I really don't think the Sabres need either PRV or Petry, but its fair value IMO.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
lakai17

Quote:
the next Mikko Koivu, why? whatsup?

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
Luke Adam + McNabb for PRV + Petry?

Young players for young players, but I really don't think the Sabres need either PRV or Petry, but its fair value IMO.
Fair value!!????

Petry >> McNabb

Old
06-01-2012, 05:15 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

There's no deal here... be on your way now...

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
There's no deal here... be on your way now...

as a fan of neither team, i've come to the conclusion that there are no deals ever to be made with edmonton.

Edmonton will only except young promising players, not prospects but those who've got some taste in the game and are good.

they want good, high value players.

they have very high value assets in the big 4

the big 4 are untouchable.

everything else is a huge step down from the big 4 in value, save for the possibility of 1 or two prospects.

the problem being, the only value edmonton has are in these prospect, and they essential want to trade prospects for players of the same ceiling which are 2-3 years ahead in development, which would never happen.

in short, Edmonton, or at least its fans, are stuck in a catch 22. They have extrodinarily high value pieces, want mid-high value returns, but have only mid-high value pieces that mirror what they want back, albeit with the possibility of more potential, but with less guarantee.

in short, There is no trade here, between edmonton and anyone else, without edmonton feeling raw.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:40 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Okay, I see we're playing the "ridiculously overrate your prospects" game.

Lemme try:
Luke Adam is the next Joe Thornton and Brayden McNabb is the next Dion Phaneuf.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:59 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
This is pretty terrible for the Sabres. We're loaded in the pipeline on defense so we add another defenseman by dealing from a position of weakness? It makes no sesne. And McNabb is better than either defenseman we are getting back (or at least Klefbom's equal) and he has a skillset unlike any other that we have.
Notice I said we arent good trading partners in my post?
That being said, there is something to be said for havnig Klefbom and Teubert ready for when we trade Leopold and lose RR via free agency, and trade/let go of weber...the cash potentially freed up going into next year's free agency offsets any discrepancy between mcnabb and klefbom's value imo.

If you look ahead next offseason we'll have:
Myers,Ehrhoff,Sekera,McNabb

Free agents=sulzer,leopold,RR
RFA:Weber

That leaves 3-4 bottom pairings that need filling and so far Brennan looks to be the only GOOD dman ready, perhaps Psryk and Leduc progress but that still leaves holes that young dmen could fill for us...

Old
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Sabretip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkollidas View Post
I wouldn't trade McNabb if I'm Buffalo, but how about Adam and Jordan Leopold for Paajarvi?
Quote:
I thought Adam's value lowered due to his play recently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Not sure how Luke Adam(who's 10 months younger than Gagner) would still be considered a top prospec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Adam on the other hand, I could see them moving him in a lateral deal if some team is interested in a like-for-like forward swap. What would the Oil be bartering with, out of curiousity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptPantalones View Post
What about the idea of Adam for Paarjarvi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Fire up the shredder. Oilers are weak on the LW, and have similar players in Gagner, Lander, Pitlick, Martindale who all are/potential to be 2/3 line centres
Given that Ruff seems to have soured on Adam, I could see Regier being interested in Gagner as an addition of depth to center - even though Gagner wouldn't represent any kind of scoring upgrade to Roy and if Adam is dealt for him, the Sabres would be still small up the middle.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:28 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Notice I said we arent good trading partners in my post?
That being said, there is something to be said for havnig Klefbom and Teubert ready for when we trade Leopold and lose RR via free agency, and trade/let go of weber...the cash potentially freed up going into next year's free agency offsets any discrepancy between mcnabb and klefbom's value imo.

If you look ahead next offseason we'll have:
Myers,Ehrhoff,Sekera,McNabb

Free agents=sulzer,leopold,RR
RFA:Weber

That leaves 3-4 bottom pairings that need filling and so far Brennan looks to be the only GOOD dman ready, perhaps Psryk and Leduc progress but that still leaves holes that young dmen could fill for us...
This doesn't make any sense to me. We aren't saving money in this trade. All of the players in your trade are on ELCs. The only money saved is potentially losing the players you mentioned which is irrelevant because we have plenty of other guys on ELCs that can step in at that point. Pysyk should be ready to make the Sabres in 13-14 after one year in Rochester and we still have Brennan, JGL, Schiestel, etc. Adding another defenseman makes no sense. If anything, we should be moving defenseman for forward prospects.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Okay, I see we're playing the "ridiculously overrate your prospects" game.

Lemme try:
Luke Adam is the next Joe Thornton and Brayden McNabb is the next Dion Phaneuf.
bang on isn't it? every teams posters so overrate their players and prospects that no player movement could ever happen if we all ran our teams! so i'd really like to know how we could make the changes necessary for our teams to improve if we only ask for over payment on every deal that the other team will always turn down? stagnation rules!!!

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:48 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
This doesn't make any sense to me. We aren't saving money in this trade. All of the players in your trade are on ELCs. The only money saved is potentially losing the players you mentioned which is irrelevant because we have plenty of other guys on ELCs that can step in at that point. Pysyk should be ready to make the Sabres in 13-14 after one year in Rochester and we still have Brennan, JGL, Schiestel, etc. Adding another defenseman makes no sense. If anything, we should be moving defenseman for forward prospects.
my argument was that trading for 2 young impact defense-man would make Leo and/or weber even more expendable than they are already now. Likewise I went on to point out that if Leo or weber were not traded this season then next season their respective salaries of 4 and 1 million could be let go in exchange for two elc's....creating an influx of around 2-3 million dollars in salary along with RR's 4 million and roy's 4-5 mill giving us a legit shot at going after a center free agent like Getzlaf.

I have said before and I'll say it again...Pegula's 3 year plan is exactly that....next year, potentially the free agent center crop is the best in decades perhaps and we have every chance to finally clear cap and throw money at a franchise center......if the cost is gaining young defensive depth by trading mcnabb and letting weber and leo and RR walk then so be it cuz we'd have klefbom,teubert,leduc,pysyk,brennan etc....

ps schiestel seems to be as good as gone and if he ever makes an nhl impact ill eat crow. Likewise from watching guys like Biega and Finley here in rochester our secondary defense prospects are not nhl ready...

Old
06-01-2012, 10:49 PM
lakai17

Paajarvi for Adam ??????

Old
06-01-2012, 10:59 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Paajarvi for Adam ??????
the sabres main weakness is center. Currently anyways adam is a center...trading rookie allstar centerman for wingers doesnt do much for us....we are terrible trade partners