HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Old
06-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Makes you realize what a huge opportunity we squandered against the devils. Thanks Del Zotto.
Come on man, Stop. At first everyone was blaming Gabby, now its Del Zotto was at fault for losing the series.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:50 PM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Come on man, Stop. At first everyone was blaming Gabby, now its Del Zotto was at fault for losing the series.
Sorry guys, I must confess:

Actually, I will accept blame for the loss. I lost my lucky Rangers hat fishing in the Florida Keys. The Rangers were up 2-1 at that point and didn't win another game. If I don't find another lucky hat quick I am afraid they will go 0-82 next year.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Callagraves
Block shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doakes View Post
No it doesn't. Just reinforces he is injury prone and not championship material.

I already said before this report Gabirik plays 65 games and gets 25 goals max. Guy never has back to back good seasons.

AMNESTY BUYOUT
25 goals in 65 games is far from bad. Most players don't hit that number with 20 more games.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I blamed Del Zotto after each goal that his poor reads, awful positioning, and lack of urgency were responsible for.

I was disappointed that Gaborik didn't do more, but Ive known for a while what type of player Gaborik is and even if he was healthy, he's not the type of player who can take over a game.

Look. They win as a team and they lose as a team. Every player couldve done more, including Lundqvist and McDonagh and Staal and Girardi and Callahan and Hagelin, etc. But I've been blaming Del Zotto for the atrocious series he played against Jersey since it was happening live, so don't expect me to stop until he's either moved or he grows into a player who can prove me wrong. Ignore me if it bothers you. I'm here to voice my opinion on how the Rangers can have long-term success. If you don't think trading Del Zotto to help fill the glaring need of both primary and secondary SCORING, then I don't think we have much else to discuss.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
25 goals in 65 games is far from bad. Most players don't hit that number with 20 more games.
Not saying I agree with Doakes, but the "most players" argument doesn't hold much water when "most players" don't make the 7.5 million a year that Gaborik does.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
it's just baffling to me, i don't know much about rotator cuff injuries except for what the doc tell me, but especially the day after i couldn't move it at all without crazy amounts of pain. I couldn't even walk around because the weight of my arm pulling down was excruciating. I have a surgery scheduled in two weeks but the doc said i should be fine a month or two after the surgery and it's a pretty bad tear as far as this injury goes. Maybe someone else who knows more about this injury can educate me because it seems Gaborik's may be worse depending on the recovery time. If it is worse, then how was he playing at all with that injury?
heart....guts.....you know, what you typically see from soft euros.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

del zotto was pretty much the only guy that had regular screw-ups leading to goals in the playoffs and he was still playing 20+ a game. idk how people can think otherwise. his coverage is godawful. hopefully it improves with age, but he certainly does not deserve a pass. torts should've benched him multiple times... instead bickel gets the blame.

a healthy gaborik easily could've sealed the deal both in this round and against the kings, but that's hockey. next year hopefully the surgery brings him back 100% and his fresh legs win us some games.

what i love is that even with the injury gaborik was hitting his ass off in the playoffs. more energy than anybody on the ice at times. that's exactly what star players need to bring. never had a problem with gaborik in the playoffs this year. knew either he was hurt or he was covered like a mofo. glad it's the first. less deking/puck control., couldn't use his legs cause his arms couldn't keep up. just way more of an injury than i expected. this could be a career setback. best of luck to him(and us ) with it.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
No one can make fun of his heart/character: playing 2+ rounds with a torn rotator cuff is ballsy.
Yep, ole Maryanne is a real trooper. I wonder what his bull**** excuse was last year when he got 1 goal in 5 games and then got the winner for the Caps on Hank?

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Yep, ole Maryanne is a real trooper. I wonder what his bull**** excuse was last year when he got 1 goal in 5 games and then got the winner for the Caps on Hank?
groin injury... where the eff were you?

Old
06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
MadHookUp

I hated Gaborik these playoffs, but I have to give him credit for playing with that injury. But it leads me to question what Torts was thinking.... Why not make an "Ineffective" line. Used as a decoy. Like Stepan, Anisimov, and Gaborik. That way Richards could play with someone effective. Why play Gabby over Zucc? Just bizzare.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
groin injury... where the eff were you?
Here's the problem. Guy is never healthy. When he is, he picks and chooses when to show up.

We can't continue to rely on him.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadHookUp View Post
I hated Gaborik these playoffs, but I have to give him credit for playing with that injury. But it leads me to question what Torts was thinking.... Why not make an "Ineffective" line. Used as a decoy. Like Stepan, Anisimov, and Gaborik. That way Richards could play with someone effective. Why play Gabby over Zucc? Just bizzare.
gabby hurt still put up 5 goals, 6 assists. richards scored 6 largely in part to gaborik. they were one of our best lines on the ice even with gaborik hurt. he also took 60 shots...and managed to have 20 quality hits registered as a guy who doesn't hit. if you've ever had a torn labrum then you know that's super-human and he deserves credit.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:18 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
gabby hurt still put up 5 goals, 6 assists. richards scored 6 largely in part to gaborik. they were one of our best lines on the ice even with gaborik hurt. he also took 60 shots...and managed to have 20 quality hits registered as a guy who doesn't hit. if you've ever had a torn labrum then you know that's super-human and he deserves credit.
I dont forget abour Richards he didnt show up at all in the devils series. Even with gabby hurt if we could have gotten some production from richards we would have won that series

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
So Chicago trades a 35 goal scorer who makes 5.9 million, a draft pick, and an offensive prospect for an injured 35-40 goal scorer who makes 7.5 million and an offensive prospect?
When did Gainey become the GM of Chicago?
It's not as bad as it seems. I just would love to have Sharp on this team haha.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Here's the problem. Guy is never healthy. When he is, he picks and chooses when to show up.

We can't continue to rely on him.
I'm not entirely sure about that. Last year he was hurt. Probably the whole season. He fought through a lot. Yes, last year was horrible. But last year doesn't matter anymore.

Guy's prone to injury. Sure that means that he's not reliable, but that also means his value is garbage in a trade. Who really wants a player who's been injured the majority of years he played? He's our best option right now. If he repeats this season (helped us get 1st in the east pre-shoulder), and lasts through to the playoffs, we'll see exactly why he's here.

Overpaid? Probably. Worthless? Not even close. 40 goals after a 20 goal season is a pretty huge improvement for a guy coming off a skating injury. Let's see how he bares coming off an upper-body injury without camp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
I dont forget abour Richards he didnt show up at all in the devils series. Even with gabby hurt if we could have gotten some production from richards we would have won that series
Gotta agree. Richards didn't show up nearly as much as he needed to, but he was also carrying that line. If Gaborik was healthy and Hagelin wasn't playing so ******, then we might see an entirely different series.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

We can not rely on him.

We need to go out now and acquire a high-end scorer. Or a high-end player.

I HATE wanting any player playing in Newark, but I really hope we get Parise now.

We can't even afford to trade Dubinsky. We are already short going into the first half of the season. Can't lose more depth.

Sign Parise. Sign Schultz. Sign Jones.

Add depth.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Graves94

The question I have is, did Torts have any idea about the extent of the injury? I'm assuming he did, if Gabby was taking meds/injections. If he did, I'm surprised he singled him out along with Richards, as guys that could've gievn more against the Devils/playoffs. Weird.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Wow...... Some of you guys.... just wow...

Get well Gabby, you showed me you arn't Mr. Softy after all.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:31 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
The question I have is, did Torts have any idea about the extent of the injury? I'm assuming he did, if Gabby was taking meds/injections. If he did, I'm surprised he singled him out along with Richards, as guys that could've gievn more against the Devils/playoffs. Weird.
It's possible Torts knew he was hurt, but didn't know how bad. Gabby might not have admitted how bad he was injured because he wanted to play, and thought he could help. It happens. I would say this is probably the case because it seems even Gabby had no idea how bad his shoulder was until he just got it X-rayd.

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
heart....guts.....you know, what you typically see from soft euros.
Tell me about it. It's hard to avoid here let alone in the main boards it's brutal.

Killem Dafoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
It's possible he knew he was hurt, but didn't know how bad. He might not have admitted how bad he was injured cause he wanted to play and thought he could help. It happens. I would say this is probably the case because it seems even Gabby had no idea how bad his shoulder was until he just got it X-rayd.
I doubt Gaborik would've said anything if he was hurt. I don't think he said anything about the groin when he was hurt either. Torts should have a lot of respect for this man. He's not a complainer. He plays through the pain. Can he be more consistent? Sure, but playing with a torn cuff shows the balls guys want on their team. Anybody still calling him soft is out of their minds and probably has never even broken a bone.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:37 PM
SERE 24
LGR

I dislike our fan base. Not that I necessarily disagree with 100% of what some of you are saying, but the attitude towards this team whenever they don't win is so ugly. Now the season is over and it's still ugly. Some guys could have been better. Some guys played hurt. Some guys, I'll agree, are boneheads. Still, this team far exceeded every single person here's expectations this season. Stop being such haters of your own players.

SERE 24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPF24 View Post
I dislike our fan base. Not that I necessarily disagree with 100% of what some of you are saying, but the attitude towards this team whenever they don't win is so ugly. Now the season is over and it's still ugly. Some guys could have been better. Some guys played hurt. Some guys, I'll agree, are boneheads. Still, this team far exceeded every single person here's expectations this season. Stop being such haters of your own players.
you're focusing on the negative of the conversation. plenty of good things said here as well.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:01 PM
kovazub94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
just outta curiosity....how would a non injury prone player avoid having a TORN ROTATOR CUFF?!!?!?

this isnt pulling a groin. this isnt a concussion from an average hit....this is a torn frikkin rotator cuff. he didnt pull a muscle and sit out a year...the guy tore his rotator cuff and played another 2 months through it. I think the most injury "resistant" guy would have STILL torn their rotator cuff and I question how many NHLers would play through it. The fact that Gabby was able to be what...first...second on our team in points this playoffs despite playing through that injury? that speaks volumes to the guys heart
Speaks volumes of Gaborik's heart AND skill - with this injury he still was able to make a difference in the Washington series!!! If before I might have been open to some (very limited in number) higher return value trades for Gaborik, but now I WANT him on my team because this is the type of player team going for the Stanley Cup needs.

To the idiots that want to get rid of him because he he did not produce in the play-offs or got injured in the situation he had, thinking about trading Cally (last year and probably this year too), Dubi, Boyle as well? Do you think Flyers should trade five of their players because they couldn't play or were playing injured. Gaborik scored more than forty goals twice in three years, one of these times helping the team to the best record in the East... and it is still not enough? He needs help in sharing the scoring load, not banishment!

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

This is a thread about Gaborik, not about Parise or Nash. Keep it that way.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote