HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2011-2012 Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part IV ‎

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2012, 02:00 PM
  #926
selyar
Need cupcakes?
 
selyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,040
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
There's no 100% way but even in that case you'd probably have to PM DSA with your email and it'd be obvious who the Ranger fans are.
interesting concept, but verifying people like that puts alot of work onto DSA

selyar is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:21 PM
  #927
Milky Manchester
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Devs Service Answers:

I'll post this here since no one responded to the e-mails I sent to Devils Customer Service.

I purchased 2 tickets via the college student offer/section 122 for Game 1. When I arrived at the arena, they scanned the tickets and they came up as "already used". The usher made a call to someone and after about 5 minutes said we could go in. We get to our seats and there are already people sitting in them, and they also have seemingly legit tickets. Another usher takes us all to the customer service desk. The guy at the desk makes some calls and says that the other peoples tickets were legit (they said they had purchased them the day before on StubHub) and that ours were invalid. He then said we should have been escorted out of the arena by security, but would instead (kindly) re-seat us in a comparable section. After all is said and done we missed almost all of the first period. What gives? If I had purchased those tickets and then show up and gotten "escorted out", I might have renounced my Devils fandom on the spot. Please PM me if you want some further details to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Milky Manchester is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
  #928
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Manchester View Post
Devs Service Answers:

I'll post this here since no one responded to the e-mails I sent to Devils Customer Service.

I purchased 2 tickets via the college student offer/section 122 for Game 1. When I arrived at the arena, they scanned the tickets and they came up as "already used". The usher made a call to someone and after about 5 minutes said we could go in. We get to our seats and there are already people sitting in them, and they also have seemingly legit tickets. Another usher takes us all to the customer service desk. The guy at the desk makes some calls and says that the other peoples tickets were legit (they said they had purchased them the day before on StubHub) and that ours were invalid. He then said we should have been escorted out of the arena by security, but would instead (kindly) re-seat us in a comparable section. After all is said and done we missed almost all of the first period. What gives? If I had purchased those tickets and then show up and gotten "escorted out", I might have renounced my Devils fandom on the spot. Please PM me if you want some further details to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Send him an actual email. ekussin@newjerseydevils.com

cj225 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:29 PM
  #929
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Manchester View Post
Devs Service Answers:

I'll post this here since no one responded to the e-mails I sent to Devils Customer Service.

I purchased 2 tickets via the college student offer/section 122 for Game 1. When I arrived at the arena, they scanned the tickets and they came up as "already used". The usher made a call to someone and after about 5 minutes said we could go in. We get to our seats and there are already people sitting in them, and they also have seemingly legit tickets. Another usher takes us all to the customer service desk. The guy at the desk makes some calls and says that the other peoples tickets were legit (they said they had purchased them the day before on StubHub) and that ours were invalid. He then said we should have been escorted out of the arena by security, but would instead (kindly) re-seat us in a comparable section. After all is said and done we missed almost all of the first period. What gives? If I had purchased those tickets and then show up and gotten "escorted out", I might have renounced my Devils fandom on the spot. Please PM me if you want some further details to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.
Smh. Wow.

Mory Schneideur* is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
  #930
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,305
vCash: 500
How is that possible given tickets work by barcode now? If a seat was on Stubhub, it already had a prior owner, and the Devils dont sell on Stubhub (i.e. the Devils couldnt be that owner).

And when tickets are reissued, the prior barcode becomes invalidated. So how could the Devils have been double-selling the exact same seat? That's more like an airline problem,lol.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:40 PM
  #931
Cowbell232
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,086
vCash: 500
And his first post here is that one? Something REALLY crazy is going on in this thread.

I'd CALL the Devils. Not post on a message board. Not email. Call, and to a manager.

__________________
"Why I'll be a Devil forever [...] two words. Trust and respect." - Mr. Pat Burns
"I learned not to question Cowbell's willingness to ban." - Brian Boyle
Cowbell232 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
  #932
RockTheRock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
And his first post here is that one? Something REALLY crazy is going on in this thread.

I'd CALL the Devils. Not post on a message board. Not email. Call, and to a manager.
What he said. Talk to a human, don't just send an SOS off into cyberspace and hope it's picked up.

Kids these days, they'll do anything to avoid human interaction

RockTheRock is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
  #933
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockTheRock View Post
What he said. Talk to a human, don't just send an SOS off into cyberspace and hope it's picked up.

Kids these days, they'll do anything to avoid human interaction
Girls are icky

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
  #934
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Balcony Ends 122 11
Balcony Ends 122 5
Row 5 has been on there for awhile though.....................I am sure thats a broker seat.

BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:05 PM
  #935
Devs Service Answers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Manchester View Post
Devs Service Answers:

I'll post this here since no one responded to the e-mails I sent to Devils Customer Service.

I purchased 2 tickets via the college student offer/section 122 for Game 1. When I arrived at the arena, they scanned the tickets and they came up as "already used". The usher made a call to someone and after about 5 minutes said we could go in. We get to our seats and there are already people sitting in them, and they also have seemingly legit tickets. Another usher takes us all to the customer service desk. The guy at the desk makes some calls and says that the other peoples tickets were legit (they said they had purchased them the day before on StubHub) and that ours were invalid. He then said we should have been escorted out of the arena by security, but would instead (kindly) re-seat us in a comparable section. After all is said and done we missed almost all of the first period. What gives? If I had purchased those tickets and then show up and gotten "escorted out", I might have renounced my Devils fandom on the spot. Please PM me if you want some further details to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.
WOW...this really infuriates me...let me give some background here:

- The $&*#& that are brokers, developed a program that (if you can believe this) recognizes when we PLACE tickets on a group manager offer, before it even is sent out, and buys tickets right off of the system, before we've even sent the email out. I have a dirty word for this but I will keep to myself on a public board.

- For last game's college offer, we identified the broker, called him and told him his seats would be voided, and to take them DOWN off of Stub Hub.

- We told him if it happens again, he will never have the right to buy seats from the Devils again.

If you can send me the location, I can look into it. Did you buy it off of the College link or off of SH? That's an important piece, here.

Thanks...please email me at ekussin@newjerseydevils.com

Devs Service Answers is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:11 PM
  #936
Devs Service Answers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeurRULES View Post
Row 5 has been on there for awhile though.....................I am sure thats a broker seat.
I didn't see these on SH. Do you have exact seat locations? I can check to see if they were on the college link...and then contact them if so.

Anyone who had traditional seats there - not part of the college link, I can't really get on for sellig...

Devs Service Answers is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
  #937
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,751
vCash: 500
I don't see the 122 seats there either, unless they've already been sold. I could have sworn Row 5 was too far down for the Diablos anyway since not all the rows there are the standing seats.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
  #938
Status Quo
Registered User
 
Status Quo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bergen County, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 6,705
vCash: 1776
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't see the 122 seats there either, unless they've already been sold. I could have sworn Row 5 was too far down for the Diablos anyway since not all the rows there are the standing seats.
I tried to see what sold there before but nothing came up. It seems all those tickets got removed.

Status Quo is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
  #939
DatBoyJPP
Good Night
 
DatBoyJPP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blairstown
Country: United States
Posts: 18,722
vCash: 500
Row 5 is not Diablos.

DatBoyJPP is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
  #940
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post
WOW...this really infuriates me...let me give some background here:

- The $&*#& that are brokers, developed a program that (if you can believe this) recognizes when we PLACE tickets on a group manager offer, before it even is sent out, and buys tickets right off of the system, before we've even sent the email out. I have a dirty word for this but I will keep to myself on a public board.

- For last game's college offer, we identified the broker, called him and told him his seats would be voided, and to take them DOWN off of Stub Hub.

- We told him if it happens again, he will never have the right to buy seats from the Devils again.

If you can send me the location, I can look into it. Did you buy it off of the College link or off of SH? That's an important piece, here.

Thanks...please email me at ekussin@newjerseydevils.com
Good lord...well this is another reason I'm glad I don't have to worry about buying seats this time of year, technology makes it easier to game the system.

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
  #941
RockTheRock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post
WOW...this really infuriates me...let me give some background here:

- The $&*#& that are brokers, developed a program that (if you can believe this) recognizes when we PLACE tickets on a group manager offer, before it even is sent out, and buys tickets right off of the system, before we've even sent the email out. I have a dirty word for this but I will keep to myself on a public board.
Just curious here...how does that lead to 2 sets of tickets being issued for the same seats?

RockTheRock is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
  #942
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post

- The $&*#& that are brokers, developed a program that (if you can believe this) recognizes when we PLACE tickets on a group manager offer, before it even is sent out, and buys tickets right off of the system, before we've even sent the email out. I have a dirty word for this but I will keep to myself on a public board.
How do they get the proper passcode?

BenedictGomez is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.