HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

The Bright side.....

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2006, 12:04 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
not sure if stages is the proper term. The organiztion's prospects, at the beginning of the season, were still young. Many still in college or juniors. Others in their first or second AHL season. Next season should be interesting to start. There will be several AHLers, and maybe one or two out of college or juniors who may make a push to be in the NHL. That's when we'll see how this rebuild is going.
Thing I see happening Fletch is a lot of our vet AHL'ers going elsewhere. We have a bunch of guys to make decisions on. Five graduating from college (Moore, Guenin, Potter, Crabb, Walsh)--another bunch of CHL players that will have to be signed or go back into the draft or become free agents (Dubinsky, Bahensky, Callahan, Byers, Psurny, Paiement, Petruzalek) plus Hartford signees (Gherson, Girardi, Genoway) plus Korpikoski (who would probably be better off in North America) plus Rachunek and maybe Jan Marek. While I don't expect them to sign all these guys I think we can figure on about a dozen anyway. The ones IMO who will be immediately effected by this are players like Giroux, Wiseman, Grenier and Lampman and maybe even Orr and whether or not Purinton has a contract for next year (if he does I'd expect that they'll try to buy him out).

Old
03-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Fletch

I don't disagree...

in fact, I may be in 99% agreement with you - reserving 1% for future thoughts.

Old
03-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Lundqvist102

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist102
Quote:
in terms of the rebuild, you need to look beyond the NHL, since coming into the season, there weren't a lot of under 25 year olds ready to make the jump (which is somewhat disappointing considering there was an entire season lost and the extra year should yield more yoots ready for action). But that's how it was to start the season. Hopefully we'll start seeing the fruits of the many draft picks gained over the last couple seasons.
Right fletch, what I was trying to say was that this isn't like alot of the rebuilds. Usually, a rebuilding team would put their best young players and just throw them out onto the ice so they can learn. This season we have not been like that, we've mostly played veterans.

What im trying to say is that i know that the team are stockpiling talent, but in terms of play-wise we really aren't that much of a rebuilding team, at least not if you look at the age of the group that we have in the NHL. In fact, im pretty sure that we're among the higher aged teams in the league.

Old
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Fletch

I do mostly agree...

but that's pretty much part of the rebuild. Hopefully over the next couple seasons you will see vets being replaced with youth, as contracts run out. This season you saw Toots get all the quality time you'd expect from any defenseman. We saw Prucha get decent time - albeit inconsistent and his ice time has been affected by vets, but he's done good with his ice time. This team's penalty killers are quite young too, although the group of yoots that head-up the bottome four are somewhat commodity players and this organization has replacements for many. And of course, in goal, this team is young. It's a start (would've liked to have had a couple more considering there was a season off for the youngsters to develope, but this is where the team currently stands).

Old
03-27-2006, 01:11 PM
bathgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist102
Right fletch, what I was trying to say was that this isn't like alot of the rebuilds. Usually, a rebuilding team would put their best young players and just throw them out onto the ice so they can learn. This season we have not been like that, we've mostly played veterans.

What im trying to say is that i know that the team are stockpiling talent, but in terms of play-wise we really aren't that much of a rebuilding team, at least not if you look at the age of the group that we have in the NHL. In fact, im pretty sure that we're among the higher aged teams in the league.
Interesting point. The Czech posse is the transition between new and old. None of the posse, except for Jagr and Prucha, will be around to see us legitimately contend for the Cup. The posse has given us more than can be expected. Having said that, part of the posse can't be resigned to give Jarkko and Nigel a chance next year. Further, depending on our situation, trading Jagr is not out of the question. The rebuild would really accelerate with a Jagr trade.BTW, TYUTIN has not had a bad year when you talk about the rebuild

Old
03-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Fletch

If next season...

starts like this season, there's no chance Jagr gets traded. Trading away chips like that are great for a rebuild, but, sometimes you need a Jagr or other vets to enable the yoots to come in and be successful. As such, you may lose a Jagr for nothing at the end of his term.

Old
03-27-2006, 01:32 PM
bathgate

Quote:
starts like this season, there's no chance Jagr gets traded. Trading away chips like that are great for a rebuild, but, sometimes you need a Jagr or other vets to enable the yoots to come in and be successful. As such, you may lose a Jagr for nothing at the end of his term.
I don't disagree. Jagr has been nothing short of awesome!Nevertheless, if we sit where the Isles were at this deadline, Jagr is traded to the team with the best package.

Old
03-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Fletch

If I were GM...

I may do the same thing. Some other GMs (with obviously more pressure than us), may take the chance to get in. It's a tough choice (giving up that is).

Old
03-27-2006, 02:32 PM
bathgate

However, look at our deadline deals The deals have been nothing short of disastrous. The trade which started this downward spiral is the infamous Kurri deal where we gave up Norstrom among others. The only time to make a deadline deal as a buyer is if the team has a legitimate shot at the cup.This year, for example, not much in the way of trades by the Wings or Senators. Deadline deals certainly do not help the Flyers.

Old
03-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Fletch

Not advocating...

being a deadling buyer. Just was mixed about being a big seller.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:11 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
in fact, I may be in 99% agreement with you - reserving 1% for future thoughts.
There should always be some room for disagreement Fletch. It's what makes it fun to argue over.

Old
03-27-2006, 03:29 PM
natureboy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparKrunch
i agree, however we shouldnt just settle for making the playoffs. since the olympic break i feel they have let up a little bit.

but have no fear, when the sheriff gets back in town (Kasparaitis) we will be back where we need to be...
I think it is more of fatigue. I really think just like the strike in 92 this olympic break has really hurt our team and we have not been the same.

Old
03-28-2006, 01:00 AM
streen1000

Send a message via MSN to streen1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by artoor13
Yoda blows!!
Oi! We gotta have a little fight here then betya suited vader couldnt take yoda on

Old
03-28-2006, 09:11 PM
artoor13

Quote:
Originally Posted by streen1000
Oi! We gotta have a little fight here then betya suited vader couldnt take yoda on
Yoda is an old fart and would die almost instantaneously (sp)

Old
03-29-2006, 07:18 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:

Oh come on! Vader couldn't even beat his own padawan son, nevermind a Master who'd been harnassing his skills for almost 900 years!

Old
03-29-2006, 03:20 PM
artoor13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron
Oh come on! Vader couldn't even beat his own padawan son, nevermind a Master who'd been harnassing his skills for almost 900 years!

Nonsense, Vader spared him b/c he still had a heart. Yoda on the other hand was a lazy old has been hiding from the lord himself

Old
03-30-2006, 02:00 AM
streen1000

he was hiding from palpatine not vader tbh...

Old
03-30-2006, 12:32 PM
artoor13

Quote:
he was hiding from palpatine not vader tbh...
This can only be settled by a Sabre duel. I am in NY anytime this weekend is good. Come by around 3om preferably

Old
03-30-2006, 02:00 PM
streen1000

Fair enough, ill be at the rockefellar center ice rink 3PM saturday... if you pay for the plane tickets from finland and get me a decent place to stay. I might even bring my little walkin stick.

Old
03-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Pizza

'Kay. Ya'll are a little weird

Closed Thread