HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lindback to TOR?

Old
06-01-2012, 02:14 PM
dubplatepressure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
Regardless of what Lebrun says, I doubt the Leafs would seriously pursue Lindback unless they miss out on Vokoun. Toronto needs a veteran #1 to serve as a stop gap for a couple years, not another young unproven goalie.
Even if we can't land Vokoun we have many options before we get down to Lindback - Harding, Niemi and Luongo to name a few.

dubplatepressure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
destrukt

Sooo... Lindback for Franson? Or Lombardi?

destrukt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM
QMJHLfollower
Heart and soul

Gunnarsson for Lindback + Watson?

or

MacArthur + Bozak for Lindback + Watson?

QMJHLfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Carlzner
Who's Zed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
Gunnarsson for Lindback + Watson?

MacArthur + Bozak for Lindback + Watson?
Those are awful for Nashville.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
JKsilverstick*

I fail to see how starting the year with another young goalie with similar career stats is better than starting the year with Reimer.

JKsilverstick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
What could we get for Lindy? If Suter leaves, I could see something around Lindback+ for Schenn happening. What would the + be?
absolutely not

LEAFANFORLIFE23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:26 PM
LEAFS FAN 4 EVER
GO LEAFS GO

No disrespect to Lindback but I don't want the Leafs trading for him because he doesn't have the experience of being a #1 Goalie. The last time Toronto made a trade like that was for Vesa Toskala and in my opinion he was the worst Goalie the Leafs ever had.

LEAFS FAN 4 EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
Intense Rage

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
Breaking news, all available goalies are going to Toronto!
Lol this pretty much, the Leafs will be the first team to start a goaltending starting rotation (baseball style) with 5 starters.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:46 PM
MisterT

I remember 2003/04 when Calgary took a flier on a backup goalie from San Jose when people thought they needed a proven veteran. I think that worked out well.

After Vokoun, Lindback is the next best available option. I think the Lindback + Wilson for Schenn + 2nd is fair value regardless of the respective fand bases overvaluing their underachieving young players.

Anything but Luongo and the worse contract in hockey.

MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:02 PM
token grinder

I would think Toronto would love a guy who has been apprenticing under pekka and mitch korn for two years.

as far as a dman going back to toronto, maybe lindback plus ekholm for schenn and maybe a conditional pick on games played or wins. I include ekholm, as his skillset is more like schenns than blums. big, decent puck mover, good shot. however if toronto would like a puck mover back, blum or Rousell could move into the picture

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Hackeybuff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
LOL...bitter much? It has absolutely nothing to do with "not wanting to do favours", it has entirely everything to do with giving up good assets to aquire an albatross contract.
Im not bitter . Its YOUR team thats missed the playoffs 8 years in a row . Not us.

Im laughing at your total unwillingness to take any risk whatsoever to bring in a proven franchise goaltender.

You dont want the 'albatross' which of course is cherry picking the info. You know damn well you can dump it on waivers trade it or do whatever u want to get rid of it when the time suits the leafs.

You are purposefully cherry picking the information and how the contract works because you personally dont want luongo. What is your plan instead?

You want a quality goalie to FALL OUT OF THE SKY for free or virtually nothing and if you dont get your way, then go out and get yet ANOTHER Toskala to fill the void . Voukoun or Harding etc...

Read your own posts. You put blinders on and refuse like you are the one in position of power. I have news for you. Your team has no power. Nobody owes you a franchise goalie. You dont get to pout like a little child because the terms are not perfect for you.

So again, im actually laughing at your logic like the leafs are in a position to just sit there and do nothing.

So pay for a franchise goalie or miss the playoffs for the 9th year in a row.

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:25 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvincentYvalentineR View Post
As an outsider to both teams.. based on what I have read about Schenn and his progression there may not need to be a +. Then again I could be way off...
You are way off.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Lindback +Wilson for Schenn + 2nd
This is probably the best that can be offered, but like has been said, Toronto needs an established starter not a question mark.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
Regardless of what Lebrun says, I doubt the Leafs would seriously pursue Lindback unless they miss out on Vokoun. Toronto needs a veteran #1 to serve as a stop gap for a couple years, not another young unproven goalie.
This. How many goalie prospects can the Leafs have? They don't even have room for the ones they have as it is.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
This. How many goalie prospects can the Leafs have? They don't even have room for the ones they have as it is.
Yea but how many prospects have #1 potential?

Quality > Quantity

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:28 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post

Quality > Quantity
Have you seen the numbers they are putting up? Don't assume none can be #1 goalies.

Look at Scrivens and Owuya's ability.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:28 PM
DeputyMcLaren

We could just send Franson back to them for Lindback and a 3rd, gives them back Webbers buddy, and gives us another project. Although I like Franson and believe he still has good potential.

DeputyMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

Quality > Quantity
Scrivens is the best goalie in the AHL, Owuya has been phenomenal when he played in the A

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:

Quality > Quantity
Likely only Reimer and Scrivens. Regardless, Lindback does not provide anything that Reimer can't.

Reimer
71GP 34W 24L 9OTL .911Save% 2.83GAA

vs.

Lindback
38GP 16W 13L 2OTL .914Save% 2.53GAA

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:32 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Scrivens is the best goalie in the AHL, Owuya has been phenomenal when he played in the A

I do have to say Scrivens is almost ready. One year. But statistically Jeremy Smith in Nashville's system is #4.

As for a trade Lindback = a high second.

His stats are similar to Kipper's. Similar amounts of games. Lindback is huge and he has better stats compared to Rinne at respective ages.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:34 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Likely only Reimer and Scrivens. Regardless, Lindback does not provide anything that Reimer can't.

Reimer

vs.

Lindback
Lindback is much more protected statistically. I don't see a need for him given the Leafs depth in goalie prospects.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownstache View Post
We could just send Franson back to them for Lindback and a 3rd, gives them back Webbers buddy, and gives us another project. Although I like Franson and believe he still has good potential.
If the deal is Lindback for Franson, there is no way we're adding..........

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Honestly can't see Toronto trading for Lindback, yet another young goalie with supposed high-end potential (which isn't a knock against him). How many times have they been down this road? You'd have to think they'd learn their lesson by now.

Benedict Kovalchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:04 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post

Reimer

vs.

Lindback
I hate when people do this crap, Lindback played 16 games this season and only started 10 games meaning he started under 2 games a month it's alot harder to perform at a high level when your playing that few games because your playing behind a vezina nominee. or your being thrown in a game when your team is playing like crap and they had to pull there number 1 goalie. then a guy who started almost the entire 2nd half of a season and was able to play night in night out, which is the reason Reimer's stats are even on Lindbacks level. how did reimer do when he wasn't the starter? 900 sv% 3+ GAA? even playing behind a weaker team and starting every game is easier then playing as a backup on a good team imo.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
I hate when people do this crap, Lindback played 16 games this season and only started 10 games meaning he started under 2 games a month it's alot harder to perform at a high level when your playing that few games because your playing behind a vezina nominee. or your being thrown in a game when your team is playing like crap and they had to pull there number 1 goalie. then a guy who started almost the entire 2nd half of a season and was able to play night in night out, which is the reason Reimer's stats are even on Lindbacks level. how did reimer do when he wasn't the starter? 900 sv% 3+ GAA? even playing behind a weaker team and starting every game is easier then playing as a backup on a good team imo.
This x1000

Not to mention he usually played the back end of 2 games in 2 nights, so the team had no legs.

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote