HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Old
06-01-2012, 04:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
That's what I had suspected, good work Gabby you're tougher than I thought.

I may not like your attitude at times and don't always agree with you but you're right.

I am not entirely sure why everyone is so pissed at you for mentioning this, it's true. If Gaborik's injury proves anything it's the fact that we absolutely need another top 6 scoring wing. What if Gaborik hadn't played through the injury? We would have been toast way earlier. The fact that he limped through the PO's and scored at .55 PPG is commendable. The team needs some insurance though, and Gaborik is kind of fragile.
Nobody is saying we don't need another scorer.

What I AM saying is that everybody who complained about Gabby using the typical arguments to **** on him were beyond wrong and it's hilarious.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill View Post
That's what I had suspected, good work Gabby you're tougher than I thought.

I may not like your attitude at times and don't always agree with you but you're right.

I am not entirely sure why everyone is so pissed at you for mentioning this, it's true. If Gaborik's injury proves anything it's the fact that we absolutely need another top 6 scoring wing. What if Gaborik hadn't played through the injury? We would have been toast way earlier. The fact that he limped through the PO's and scored at .55 PPG is commendable. The team needs some insurance though, and Gaborik is kind of fragile.
Attitude?

How it works is:

Some one says something about another person, they're allowed to defend themselves.

Some one ranting and raving that everyone else should be shameful and garbage, needs to be put in their place.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Stop the petty bickering. Keep the thread on topic.

Final warning on both counts. If it continues, the thread is closed and infractions get handed out.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
im thinking he probably injured his shoulder during the Sens series when he ended up going shoulder 1st into the boards.

guys pretty damn tough if he played all the time badly injured in the rest of the playoffs.

maybe now the haters will get off his back some,though i highly doubt it
i was frustrated with gabby but never felt i had knowledge enough to call him names. well, i'm glad i didn't say anything. that can't be easy, playing through a torn whatever. gives me hope he'll come back and be that much harder and effective. bless.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He's not healthy.

What ever your defense is, the facts are:

-He can't be counted on going into the season. The same way Sauer can't be.
-We now need to replace those goals.

Get over yourself and be objective.
this. it's not Gaborik's fault he's only one of two top 3 players on this team, yet somehow now he isn't the risky injury prone player that we gambled on? It's one thing to add a player like Gaborik to an already
potent offense, but it's quite another thing to rely on a player this fragile to lead our offense charge.

This a two-fold problem that needs to be addressed regardless of Gaborik's injury. BTW a rotator cuff tear is largly due to insufficient
strength and lack of muscular development in the shoulder.

Gaborik needs to hit the frikin weights with the $7.5m he's making!

Sign Parise/Nash/Trade for Ryan, etc.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Ive always stated, even before we got Gabby...Gabby is a damn good player...I want to keep him. I want to ADD to him. That's how this team should be built. 3 top scoring forwards, good supporting cast, solid top 4, young developing bottom 2 D, and an elite goalie.

Give me, that, and I guarantee you this is a championship caliber team year in and year out. Hell, this year, with a 1 armed Gabby and a supporting cast that couldn't score to save their lives, they were an OT, and a few goalposts away from making the SCF.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:44 PM
charliemurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Stop the petty bickering. Keep the thread on topic.

Final warning on both counts. If it continues, the thread is closed and infractions get handed out.
Thank you.
Now can we start the Jagr talk as a band-aid then sliding him down to the 3rd line once Gaborik returns?

charliemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:45 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Almost guarantees they're going to make changes to add scoring, without Gabby this team tanks in scoring. Not to mention, don't expect him to play like a 40 goal scorer next season, coming back from injury, he'll be more like 2010-11 Gaborik.

On the good side, this might shrink Gabby's cap hit to 4-5m and having him start on LTIR frees up an immediate 7.5, which gives the Rangers a lot more room to sign potential impending UFAs whom I don't need to mention.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
this. it's not Gaborik's fault he's only one of two top 3 players on this team, yet somehow now he isn't the risky injury prone player that we gambled on? It's one thing to add a player like Gaborik to an already
potent offense, but it's quite another thing to rely on a player this fragile to lead our offense charge.

This a two-fold problem that needs to be addressed regardless of Gaborik's injury. BTW a rotator cuff tear is largly due to insufficient
strength and lack of muscular development in the shoulder.

Gaborik needs to hit the frikin weights with the $7.5m he's making!

Sign Parise/Nash/Trade for Ryan, etc.

Or it could be from getting slammed into the boards. I doubt Marian Gaborik, who has one of the best shots in the NHL, has insufficient muscular development in his shoulder...thats just....ridiculous.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Machinehead
★★★★

I hate to speculate like this but I can't help but think we're still playing if this doesn't happen.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Nobody is saying we don't need another scorer.

What I AM saying is that everybody who complained about Gabby using the typical arguments to **** on him were beyond wrong and it's hilarious.
Not quite as hilarious as those who defended Gaborik before today and were totally satisfied with his performance thinking he was healthy and simply "needed more help" because he was "focused on" so much.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Not quite as hilarious as those who defended Gaborik before today and were totally satisfied with his performance thinking he was healthy and simply "needed more help" because he was "focused on" so much.
Him being injured changes nothing about the fact that he clearly needs more size and strength on his LW, especially with Richards being the player that he is. It's not as evident in the regular season, when there are no series and there are games against mediocre or bad teams. It's not going to be easier in the playoffs.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:55 PM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Or it could be from getting slammed into the boards. I doubt Marian Gaborik, who has one of the best shots in the NHL, has insufficient muscular development in his shoulder...thats just....ridiculous.
well maybe you don't know anything about the rotator cuff and how it get's injured. it's a strength imbalance in the musculator of the shoulder girdle. has nothing to do with his wrist shot.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Blueshirt Believer

I'll ask again

Can the Rangers, hypothetically, use their amnesty buyout on Gabs? Not saying they would, I'm just curious if that is an option.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
thats exactly what happened. But it doesnt help when the guy was playing with a torn rotator cuff.

he tried hard, but when you can't shoot the puck, then you become a garbage goal player...the fact that he was willing to pay the price to get to those areas to score shows you the guy is a gamer. could he have been better? Everyone could have been better. We didn't lose because of Gabby. we lost because we dont have enough talent + we are VERY young.

get more talented+another year older will work wonders for this team.

Ive stated time and time again...this isn't our year...i said that before the playoffs, i said that during the playoffs, and ill say it again. This was never going to be our year...if we won, it woulda been because of the guy between the pipes putting on a performance for the ages....which he almost did.

Get me 1 more scorer, and give these kids more time to develop, and this team won't just be a team that has to work its ass off night in and night out to win...it will be able to cruise to wins because of its rare combination of defensive play, elite goaltending, and elite offensive skills.

You need all 3 to be more than just flash in the pan 1 year wonder.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
well maybe you don't know anything about the rotator cuff and how it get's injured. it's a strength imbalance in the musculator of the shoulder girdle. has nothing to do with his wrist shot.
Rotator cuff injuries can also be caused by acute injuries...you know, like going shoulder first into the boards.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:59 PM
NikC

no one ever doubted Gaborik's ability, but to laud this guy as Ironman now is ridiculous. The best case scenario is for him to play on a team where others help carry the offensive burden.

It's one thing to take a risk on an injury prone star, quite another thing to make him your go to guy. stupid. that has to change.

when he gets healthy i'd like to see him moved for someone who's more sturdy. He's here 2 more years, why not try to get max. value for this guy.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Almost guarantees they're going to make changes to add scoring, without Gabby this team tanks in scoring. Not to mention, don't expect him to play like a 40 goal scorer next season, coming back from injury, he'll be more like 2010-11 Gaborik.

On the good side, this might shrink Gabby's cap hit to 4-5m and having him start on LTIR frees up an immediate 7.5, which gives the Rangers a lot more room to sign potential impending UFAs whom I don't need to mention.
That's my biggest concern, he certainly won't be 100% when he does come back. But then again Hossa did ok after his surgery.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:01 PM
NikC

Quote:
Rotator cuff injuries can also be caused by acute injuries...you know, like going shoulder first into the boards.
that was last season against Tor correct? I don't remember this play that people are refering to this season...

Old
06-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Get over MYSELF?

You've **** on Gaborik ALL OFF-SEASON because he's a "soft lazy Euro", and then it comes out that he played with an injury and now he's unreliable and STILL useless?

Stick to a story, man. YOU be objective. Get your biases behind you and realize the facts are that he'll be back WAY before the playoffs, which is when we need him. If we can't survive a month without him, I guess he was more important to this team than you keep trying to suggest, yeah?

You're usually a great poster but we can't discuss Gaborik. I get too angry.

How do I know? BECAUSE THE RECOVERY TIME IS THAT LONG.

You keep saying get over yourself, which is hilarious, because i'm the one defending a member of the TEAM while you keep shoving your own agenda in everyone's face, man.
SSM is barely even giving an opinion. He's stating undeniable FACTS.

You, on the other hand, are spewing your opinion AS IF it's a fact.

"He'll be healthy by the playoffs."

How could you know this? Yes, he will likely have recovered from THIS injury by then, but how do you know he gets back to 100% or doesn't suffer another injury before or during the playoffs next year?

Suggesting that we don't need to add a MAJOR piece or two offensively because Gaborik will only miss a month of the season with THIS injury shows you're completely missing the point.

The point is Gaborik has proven that he is a question mark. When he's at 100% and has the right linemates, he's one of the best pure finishers in the game. However, he does not create his own shot, and does not create for his teammates. And he's rarely at 100% for long enough to be relied on to carry an offense by himself.

This is his second 40+ goal season with the Rangers. In the first one, we missed the playoffs altogether. In this one, we lost to a mediocre devils team playing some great hockey, but largely in part because Gaborik was not close to anything resembling a threat because he was injured. Same story as last playoffs, actually. Regardless of the nice regular season numbers, some of us simply aren't impressed until you can make the same impact in the playoffs and be the factor you're paid to be.

SSM isnt even suggesting we need to get rid of Gaborik, like I was/am. SSM's point is simply that we CANNOT RELY ON HIM. And so, we need to add at least one more legit top-line scorer so that if Gaborik does go down with an injury or shows how tough he is and plays through it at 70%, we will still have other proven goal scorers who can pick up the slack. Not to mention, it would take pressure and focus off Gaborik and give him more room when he is at 100%.

How are you not getting this? He spelled it out for you three times.

You can argue with me all you want. I'm the guy who thinks Gaborik is the antithesis of this team's hardworking, fearless identity. But SSM is simply pointing out the obvious: we need at least one more goal scorer. Parise, Nash, Ryan, Iginla, Jagr, Whitney are the obvious choices to discuss the pros and cons of.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:09 PM
BlueShirts88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to BlueShirts88
Folks,

This is the last warning. Knock off the childish bickering -- or this thread will be closed.

06-01-2012, 05:19 PM
IBleedNYRBlue

Could possibly not miss any time if the season starts later due to the lockout.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:22 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Gaborik can talk to his buddy Hossa about the injury. It took Hossa 4 months to return. Gaborik will try to get back in 5 months.

Quote:
“I’m going to try everything to be back before (six months), right around five months,” Gaborik said. “But I’m going to be smart about it, see how everything is going to go, when it feels better. Obviously, I’m frustrated. I was hoping for a better report from the doctors. It is frustrating. It is what it is. I just have to focus on getting back healthy and being ready.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...sign_lindberg/

Good luck to training camps opening on September 16 with the CBA expiring on September 15. It will take two weeks to get the deal on paper and have the lawyers look over every sentence. Then both sides have to vote. Fehr is a last minute dealmaker. Not that many people believe the NHL season will begin on time anyway. If they have to miss 2 months to get a labor deal for the next 5-6 years,they'll do it.

Adam Graves hurt his back in the playoffs against Jersey and he thought it was a minor injury. He had back surgery during training camp. The 1994-95 lockout happened and he never missed a game. Graves had a herniated disk.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
thats exactly what happened. But it doesnt help when the guy was playing with a torn rotator cuff.

he tried hard, but when you can't shoot the puck, then you become a garbage goal player...the fact that he was willing to pay the price to get to those areas to score shows you the guy is a gamer. could he have been better? Everyone could have been better. We didn't lose because of Gabby. we lost because we dont have enough talent + we are VERY young.

get more talented+another year older will work wonders for this team.

Ive stated time and time again...this isn't our year...i said that before the playoffs, i said that during the playoffs, and ill say it again. This was never going to be our year...if we won, it woulda been because of the guy between the pipes putting on a performance for the ages....which he almost did.

Get me 1 more scorer, and give these kids more time to develop, and this team won't just be a team that has to work its ass off night in and night out to win...it will be able to cruise to wins because of its rare combination of defensive play, elite goaltending, and elite offensive skills.

You need all 3 to be more than just flash in the pan 1 year wonder.
Wow I didn't realize we had a real clairvoyant on our board, lol. You said this wasn't our year before the year started? What a bold statement to make. You had 29/30 chances to be right, man

The devils didn't "focus" on Gaborik more than any other player. They played a decent defensive game, but we still managed to get plenty of chances that we simply didn't capitalize on. The difference was that their bottom two lines outplayed ours by a mile, and our defense was tired, worn thin, and Del Zotto was given shift after shift even though he made an unforced mistake / turnover every single shift of game 5 and 6. We didn't have many options, but I think even a weak Erixon wouldnt have made the mental mistakes that DZ made over and over again, without even being pressured. Hell, I would've preferred to see Redden out there. Del Zotto is more mentally fragile than Gaborik is physically fragile.

Staal and Girardi couldve been better. McDonagh was clearly exhausted. Callahan, Dubinsky, Hagelin, and Richards all couldve done more in the Devils series. And to top it all off, Lundqvist was not at the high level we're used to seeing from him.

We squandered a huge opportunity. This one is going to sting for a long, long time.

If Gaborik(who is a SHOOTER) "couldn't shoot" then he should've been sitting in place of Zuccarello, who was ready to go.

The bottom line is, the Rangers, as a team didn't do enough. They were outplayed by a devils team that I still feel was not as good as our team. But in those 6 games, they outplayed us from top to bottom. This easily "COULD'VE" been our year if more of our players showed up and matched or exceeded the level of urgency and intensity that the devils showed. We got off to inexcusably slow starts in every game. That's got to at least partially fall on the coach. But, again, the bottom line is that we had every chance to win that series, and we let it slip away. We beat ourselves. No excuses about Gaborik being double-teamed (which didn't even happen) or being hurt, because if you PLAY, then you're expected to produce results. Otherwise, he shouldn't have been playing. No excuses about Bicke/Eminger. We simply did not do enough to win. We had a team as good as any team in the playoffs. Play 7 more games and there's a good chance we beat the devils and we definitely had a shot at the kings. We didn't get the bounces. But we also didn't earn them. Every single Ranger should be disappointed and feel responsible for not doing more to help the team win. Some more than others (Del Zotto), but we win as a team and we lose as a team. No more excuses. We need to be better next season. Hopefully they can use this experience to their advantage as a guide for what NOT to do.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
No one ever better ****ing say he should've played better or he's not tough. Ever.

Tough guy. Shame this happened to him. Doubt we re-sign him after next year unless it's on the cheap. Too many injuries.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote