Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Rhian View Post
If I had had the chance to save my father's life, you can bet your sweet ass I would have taken ten years off to do it. For me, nothing, and I mean NOTHING, is more important than my family and close friends. If I have to move across the world to save one of my kids or husband, bet your sweet ass again, I would do it without hesitation..........

Some of us put life ahead of careers and self. Sorry you're not one of those people, but don't judge others for doing so.
Nice one Audrey (as usual).

I wish only the best for Tim Thomas.

I would hate to see him in net for another team.

No Timmy Thomas in 2011 = No Stanley Cup for Boston.

06-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Alan Ryan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk 16 View Post
On a more boring note, does anyone know how a "year off" affects the mutual obligations under the contract? I assume it means the Bruins own his rights for the full term of the non-performed part of the contract if and when he returns?

And if that's the case, why is the cap hit incurred next year even if he doesn't play? Why wouldn't the hit be deferred as well?

Does the CBA cover this type of situation?

Thomas is on an over age 35 contract. The cap hit applies if he doesn't play, even if he retires.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:46 PM
MaritimeHockeyNut
BRUINSrCHAMPS nextyr

LOVING IT. It was his only play, and boston forced it. Having a drink for you timmy tonight. Only man alive to give 5Mil the finger over princible and pride in oneself. Only man alive. Timmy I salute you this day my firend!

Old
06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeHockeyNut View Post
LOVING IT. It was his only play, and boston forced it. Having a drink for you timmy tonight. Only man alive to give 5Mil the finger over princible and pride in oneself. Only man alive. Timmy I salute you this day my firend!
Boston forced WHAT, exactly?

Old
06-01-2012, 05:50 PM
bruins repeat time

This is definitly a bad move against the team and the organizaton unless there is a serious matter. I think Peter wouldnt even have used the word disapointed if he knew of a serious matter. He is defintly done here ---this is the last and worst straw by a mile. It doesnt matter if he changes his mind tomorrow -- get used to rask and khudobin because those are our boys now . If thomas didnt want to play next year he shouldnt have signed for it. As far as the olympics go good luck beating out both Quick and miller to take the starting job after sitting out a year. Im sure he plans on playing this time not watching. Great great goalie thanks for the cup but rask is a better team guy hopefully he can turn out great.

Old
HooperDrivesTheBoat
2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!

Closing in on 1,000 posts...

Continue here:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1200293

Old
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Thomas is on an over age 35 contract. The cap hit applies if he doesn't play, even if he retires.
We all know that. The big question is, what if he takes the year, gets suspended, the Bruins have his cap hit and he doesn't play, but then he plays the following year? Do the Bruins have to pay him but the cap hit is $0? The Bruins shouldn't have to have an extra year of his cap hit because he wants a year off.

Closed Thread