HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gaborik out 5-6 months (Torn Rotator Cuff)

Old
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

vCash: 500
How many games is he going to miss? A little bit of his cap hit comes off every game he doesn't play. Might open some dollars for free agency.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:45 PM
bernmeister

Before this thread is closed as may inevitably be the case, I give Kudos to Gaby for playing hard all year, and trying to stick it out in the playoffs when our lack of depth did not allow for replacement with a suitable healthy player.

No one is totally untouchable. I have not pushed the idea of moving Gaborik too much, cause I need to upgrade/add to snipers, not delete them. My opinion hasn't changed, assuming he does recover. I assume we get immediate LTIR upon verification?

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

Knew that it was that Neil hit that got him Get well soon, Gabby!

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:52 PM
Theon
Fear the Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Get over MYSELF?

You've **** on Gaborik ALL OFF-SEASON because he's a "soft lazy Euro", and then it comes out that he played with an injury and now he's unreliable and STILL useless?

Stick to a story, man. YOU be objective. Get your biases behind you and realize the facts are that he'll be back WAY before the playoffs, which is when we need him. If we can't survive a month without him, I guess he was more important to this team than you keep trying to suggest, yeah?

You're usually a great poster but we can't discuss Gaborik. I get too angry.

How do I know? BECAUSE THE RECOVERY TIME IS THAT LONG.

You keep saying get over yourself, which is hilarious, because i'm the one defending a member of the TEAM while you keep shoving your own agenda in everyone's face, man.
Well said man. The amount of unjustified hate for Gabby from some of our fellow fans is ridiculous

Theon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:59 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Asking your top players to play like they're your top players is NOT "hating" on a player.

When you are paid to be and relied on to be, a top performing player, you are opening yourself to criticism if you don't perform.

Now that it's known he has an injury, it has given his "defenders" fuel. As if ANYONE knew of the injury.

There are NO haters of Gaborik around here. Only fans who expect what the organization expects of the player. Do i need to quote myself when i thanked him for his efforts after learning of the injury?

Now that he's injured, we have to replace his production. Going into next season assuming he will be healed and conditioned for games is a mistake.

Just like they won't assume Sauer will be ready, they can't assume Gaborik will be ready either.

That isn't "hating" Gaborik, either.

Folks were talking about getting another high-end scorer BEFORE Gaborik's injury was known. Now it's not tasteful?

They have to address it.

As far as the nationality thing goes. The "defenders" seem more xenophobic than the people asking him to perform. No one is referring to him as a "soft Euro" except for the "defenders".

Funny how we have no issues with Henrik. Or Anisimov. Or Stralman. Or Fedotenko.

Last edited by SupersonicMonkey*: 06-01-2012 at 06:07 PM.
SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:02 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
No one ever better ****ing say he should've played better or he's not tough. Ever.

Tough guy. Shame this happened to him. Doubt we re-sign him after next year unless it's on the cheap. Too many injuries.
Yeah. I'm sure sather really doesnt care about those 40 goals gabby puts up each year, injury paranoia comes first afterall

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Gaborik can talk to his buddy Hossa about the injury. It took Hossa 4 months to return. Gaborik will try to get back in 5 months.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...sign_lindberg/

Good luck to training camps opening on September 16 with the CBA expiring on September 15. It will take two weeks to get the deal on paper and have the lawyers look over every sentence. Then both sides have to vote. Fehr is a last minute dealmaker. Not that many people believe the NHL season will begin on time anyway. If they have to miss 2 months to get a labor deal for the next 5-6 years,they'll do it.

Adam Graves hurt his back in the playoffs against Jersey and he thought it was a minor injury. He had back surgery during training camp. The 1994-95 lockout happened and he never missed a game. Graves had a herniated disk.
Got a question for ya Ranger boy, if this CBA turns ugly yet again. Is there a possibility Bettman loses his job? Or do the owners love him?

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:13 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Got a question for ya Ranger boy, if this CBA turns ugly yet again. Is there a possibility Bettman loses his job? Or do the owners love him?
One could only hope.

How do they even go about impeaching a commissioner?

Old
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
The owners love Bettman. They wanted the last lockout desperately. I don't know if they want another one.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:25 PM
bubba5

If we only held on to Wolski, he could have filled in for Gabby. LOL

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:25 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

Ballsy for playing thru it. Damn shame for him and the team and us. Hopefully he comes back 100% sometime next year. This makes finding some additional offensive capabilities for next year even more paramount.

DoTheBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Rangers4Life74

if Sather cant work some magic and get another big time scorer here to help,does the team look at a potential rookie like Yogan or maybe Thomas to perhaps help fill the void and some of the production of Gaborik?

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Yeah. I'm sure sather really doesnt care about those 40 goals gabby puts up each year, injury paranoia comes first afterall
I don't think he's worth 7.5M if he can't stay healthy. I love the guy and I've never bashed him. No need to post some stupid sarcastic comment. I've always been one of his supporters. I just can't see us re-signing the guy at that kind of money.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We shouldn't be arguing like that.

Check your PM.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:58 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
if Sather cant work some magic and get another big time scorer here to help,does the team look at a potential rookie like Yogan or maybe Thomas to perhaps help fill the void and some of the production of Gaborik?
Honestly, I don't know how they can replace the goals. Without going after a Parise.

Hopefully not Nash or Ryan because the assets lost would be huge.

I was hoping that adding a 20+ goal guy would help the secondary scoring. Now, suddenly, the primary scoring is a concern. I'm a bit worried to be honest.

If we can still add more depth, it may help alleviate the void...maybe.

Schultz on defense. And a couple (definitely more then one) 20+ goal guys.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Honestly, I don't know how they can replace the goals. Without going after a Parise.

Hopefully not Nash or Ryan because the assets lost would be huge.

I was hoping that adding a 20+ goal guy would help the secondary scoring. Now, suddenly, the primary scoring is a concern. I'm a bit worried to be honest.

If we can still add more depth, it may help alleviate the void...maybe.

Schultz on defense. And a couple (definitely more then one) 20+ goal guys.
i think if Dubi isnt moved,hes going to get his chance to have a good rebound year and i think he will.Guys like Stepan and Anisimov need to step it up too.if they both can get at least 20 goals,that will help.

i'd love Ryan here,but it will take a lot to get him,and like you,i wouldnt want to move those assets.

heres hoping Sather can work some magic or 1 of the rookies earns his way onto the club

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Dactyl
LMFAO KOSTKA

well i guess all the people who say he is soft have just been proven wrong i highly doubt cally wouldve played 2 rounds with an injury like that

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Riverdale

Doesn't look good for the Rangers next season. We needed serious help with secondary scoring and now our primary goal scorer is gone until November-December.

Gabby is great, and I love him on this team. I was disappointed with his playoff performance, most of us were, but I don't think letting him go is the answer, even if we can get Nash out of it. Time for everyone to step up with Gabby being gone.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...-rotator-cuff/

So it happened earlier than the playoffs...
I think they mean April & May.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdale View Post
Doesn't look good for the Rangers next season. We needed serious help with secondary scoring and now our primary goal scorer is gone until November-December.

Gabby is great, and I love him on this team. I was disappointed with his playoff performance, most of us were, but I don't think letting him go is the answer, even if we can get Nash out of it. Time for everyone to step up with Gabby being gone.
Why doesn't it look good? Gabby will miss a month or two...of course it sucks but **** happens. On the bright side we'll have Kreider in the lineup out of the gate to replace the lost production. And no doubt we'll be adding some offense over the summer. Seriously, there's no need to start thinking about gloom and doom. The team will be fine. I'd rather be playing our best hockey in April anyway.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Gaborik might not miss any time at all if there's a lockout.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Why doesn't it look good? Gabby will miss a month or two...of course it sucks but **** happens. On the bright side we'll have Kreider in the lineup out of the gate to replace the lost production. And no doubt we'll be adding some offense over the summer. Seriously, there's no need to start thinking about gloom and doom. The team will be fine. I'd rather be playing our best hockey in April anyway.
Good thing we got Kreider, like you said. The situation with Gaborik isn't a death sentence, I didn't mean to sound like it was. It just makes adding more offense (Parise or whomever else) that much more vital. I do agree with you. If Gabby comes back in lets say mid December and gets hot in the following months, that be great. I'm confident he will be a huge asset to us in the playoffs.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Asking your top players to play like they're your top players is NOT "hating" on a player.

When you are paid to be and relied on to be, a top performing player, you are opening yourself to criticism if you don't perform.

Now that it's known he has an injury, it has given his "defenders" fuel. As if ANYONE knew of the injury.

There are NO haters of Gaborik around here. Only fans who expect what the organization expects of the player. Do i need to quote myself when i thanked him for his efforts after learning of the injury?

Now that he's injured, we have to replace his production. Going into next season assuming he will be healed and conditioned for games is a mistake.

Just like they won't assume Sauer will be ready, they can't assume Gaborik will be ready either.

That isn't "hating" Gaborik, either.

Folks were talking about getting another high-end scorer BEFORE Gaborik's injury was known. Now it's not tasteful?

They have to address it.

As far as the nationality thing goes. The "defenders" seem more xenophobic than the people asking him to perform. No one is referring to him as a "soft Euro" except for the "defenders".

Funny how we have no issues with Henrik. Or Anisimov. Or Stralman. Or Fedotenko.
Well said. Well said.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I hope with Gaborik potentially missing the first month or so of the season, Sather doesn't overreact and sign an irrelevant tweener like David Jones.

Matt4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Gabby being out shouldn't affect this team. It is the sum of its parts. It can win without him and will be better when he's 100%.

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote