HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Caps-Blues, Caps-Rangers, Caps-Canucks

Old
06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
johnsic

vCash: 500
Caps-Blues, Caps-Rangers, Caps-Canucks

Here are a few deals that could make sense.

Caps:
Jeff Schultz
Mathieu Perreault

Blues:
Chris Stewart

Caps:
Roman Hamrlik

Rangers:
Brandon Dubinsky

Caps:
Joel Ward

Canuks:
Keith Ballard

johnsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
Carlzner

Lol none of the other teams do those deals... and i don't think we do the 3rd deal either.

Carlzner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsic View Post

Caps:
Jeff Schultz
Mathieu Perreault

Blues:
Chris Stewart

Caps:
Roman Hamrlik

Rangers:
Brandon Dubinsky

Caps:
Joel Ward

Canuks:
Keith Ballard
Caps also send first round for the years of 2012 and 2013 right????...Hamrlik for Dubinsky wow one of the worst trade proposals I've seen in a long time...

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Ward for Ballard? Wow is that disgusting. I like Ward however he overpaid and nowhere near worth Ballard.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:33 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Jesus...even as a Caps fan, I think all these deals should be laughed at.

Some NHL fans need to realize nobody is taking our average players/rejects for their good ones. Come on....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:45 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

OP seems pretty reserved with his comments (averaging 3 posts a month over a 2.5 year period) and he decides to post this? Must be close to the offseason...

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:48 PM
johnsic

I got the idea from another thread. Dubinsky, Ballard and Stewart are considered trash by their teams but they would be nice additions to Caps.

johnsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:57 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

What purpose does Hamerlik serve for the Rangers? We have younger, better, and cheaper defensemen than him.

I've always said Dubinksy is either going to be traded as part of a package for a top 6 winger or for a high draft pick. Mostly likely he's going nowhere though.

06-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Skrudland2Lomakin

Horrible deals aside I wouldn't mind see the Caps keep Hammrlik, he stepped up in the post-season, aside from the Alzner/Calrson tandem he was a huge bright spot on the defense. I don't like the philosophy of moving players just for the sake of shaking things up. You're not going to get a return on Hammrlik that's going to be better than what he provides, he's not a piece like Schultz or Wideman where just moving him off the roster makes the team better. (Which by the way is code for saying we're going to have to take someone elses garbage to get rid of our own.)

Skrudland2Lomakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:41 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
I got the idea from another thread. Dubinsky, Ballard and Stewart are considered trash by their teams but they would be nice additions to Caps.
You would be wrong the Blues do not consider Stewart trash.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrudland2Lomakin View Post
Horrible deals aside I wouldn't mind see the Caps keep Hammrlik, he stepped up in the post-season, aside from the Alzner/Calrson tandem he was a huge bright spot on the defense. I don't like the philosophy of moving players just for the sake of shaking things up. You're not going to get a return on Hammrlik that's going to be better than what he provides, he's not a piece like Schultz or Wideman where just moving him off the roster makes the team better. (Which by the way is code for saying we're going to have to take someone elses garbage to get rid of our own.)
If we could find another LD to pair with Green, Hamrlik - Orlov would be a really solid 3rd pairing.

That said the OPs proposals are laughable.

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:32 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
None of those players are trash. All talented, just maybe have struggled a bit. Still a chance to rebound though.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:34 PM
n3ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Caps also send first round for the years of 2012 and 2013 right????...Hamrlik for Dubinsky wow one of the worst trade proposals I've seen in a long time...
2 Firsts for Dubinsky? You adding Kreider or Hagelin in?

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Well, I suppose the OP's idea to "buy low" isn't horrible. Other than that...

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Hackeybuff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
What purpose does Hamerlik serve for the Rangers? We have younger, better, and cheaper defensemen than him.

I've always said Dubinksy is either going to be traded as part of a package for a top 6 winger or for a high draft pick. Mostly likely he's going nowhere though.
I dont understand all the Dubinsky hate. I think the guy was a slight notch below Callahan and was otherwize interchangeable with him.

Why would the Rangers get rid of him? Canucks will take him if you dont want him.

To Canucks

Dubinsky

To Rangers

Raymond
Tanev

I think Tanev is a good young fit for cheap and Raymond is due for a 20 goal bounceback year for cheap. 2.25max

Hackeybuff* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:43 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackeybuff View Post
I dont understand all the Dubinsky hate. I think the guy was a slight notch below Callahan and was otherwize interchangeable with him.

Why would the Rangers get rid of him? Canucks will take him if you dont want him.

To Canucks

Dubinsky

To Rangers

Raymond
Tanev

I think Tanev is a good young fit for cheap and Raymond is due for a 20 goal bounceback year for cheap. 2.25max
There is no Dubinsky hate. The fact of the matter is that Dubinsky is being paid like a 60 point player and he's really nothing more than a very good 3rd line guy, below average 2nd line guy. I don't see him as ever being anything more than a 25-25 guy and for nearly 4.5 mill it's not enough IMO.

As per year deal there is no way we do that. Dubinsky is better than Raymond and we really don't have a need for Tanev.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:45 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Horrible deal for the Rangers.

No thought was put into that at all.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Hackeybuff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
There is no Dubinsky hate. The fact of the matter is that Dubinsky is being paid like a 60 point player and he's really nothing more than a very good 3rd line guy, below average 2nd line guy. I don't see him as ever being anything more than a 25-25 guy and for nearly 4.5 mill it's not enough IMO.

As per year deal there is no way we do that. Dubinsky is better than Raymond and we really don't have a need for Tanev.
Wasnt really asking for an opinion regarding the trade worth. Its there. Raymond and Tanev are worth it .

I put it out there for conversation, not to find out you dont want Tanev as the added extra to even out Raymond. I dont care if you 'want' him or not.

My point was some of the Ranger fans were using Dubinsky as a punching bag this year and some think he will be moved. I found that odd. Always like Dubinsky. Think hes a good player with a big heart.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Wasnt really asking for an opinion regarding the trade worth. Its there. Raymond and Tanev are worth it .

I put it out there for conversation, not to find out you dont want Tanev as the added extra to even out Raymond. I dont care if you 'want' him or not.

My point was some of the Ranger fans were using Dubinsky as a punching bag this year and some think he will be moved. I found that odd. Always like Dubinsky. Think hes a good player with a big heart.

In you're opinion the trade value is there, just saying...

Dubinsky does play with a lot of heart and is a good grinder type player, but again as I said before he's a good player but not for 4.5 mill.

New York RKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Cogburn

Quote:

To Canucks

Dubinsky

To Rangers

Raymond
Tanev

Tanev, at his cap hit and contributions to the team here, are more valuable to us the Dubi would be. I'm not saying a relatively unproven defenseman is worth more then Dubinsky on the trade market, but here in Van...well I'm sure we'd rather keep Tanev.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Hackeybuff*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Tanev, at his cap hit and contributions to the team here, are more valuable to us the Dubi would be. I'm not saying a relatively unproven defenseman is worth more then Dubinsky on the trade market, but here in Van...well I'm sure we'd rather keep Tanev.
We would. I was just trying to gauge value off the top of my head. I think Raymond Tanev would = Dubinsky .

The actual real time value to both teams doesnt necessarily equal out. I know for us Tanev is our youngest cheap D we current have at the NHL level. Thats worth a ton to us.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:

Caps:
Roman Hamrlik

Rangers:
Brandon Dubinsky

I had to read the replies before I realized that you weren't proposing some wild 4 team trade and that you actually meant this.

Substitute Ovechkin for Hamrlik.

And pay his salary.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

No, no, and no.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:14 PM
0V3CHKiN

None of those deals include Stephen Strasburg.

0V3CHKiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:17 PM
sbertram2000
Rookie User

Quote:

Caps:
Jeff Schultz
Mathieu Perreault

Blues:
Chris Stewart

Caps:
Roman Hamrlik

Rangers:
Brandon Dubinsky

Caps:
Joel Ward

Canuks: