HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 15

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Beaukeboom re-enters the draft? Clearly didn't show the improvement he should have......yet....this guy should be picked again.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
I was impressed with the demeanor of Morgan Rielly, Forsberg and Galchenyuk. Grigorenko seemed relatively poised as well. He seems like a good kid. Rielly looks to be in excellent shape.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
I was impressed with the demeanor of Morgan Rielly, Forsberg and Galchenyuk. Grigorenko seemed relatively poised as well. He seems like a good kid. Rielly looks to be in excellent shape.
Of all the d-men, I believe that Rieilly is the one that possess one extraordinairy quality. While all the others seem more complete than him. In the end, that offensive quality might be what makes him one of the greatest pick of the draft. Yet, you have to put Murray ahead. And I was always a Trouba fan.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

And if not picked, you can bet what you want that Mathieu Corbeil will be invited to our development camp.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Combine show on TSN now. 60Mins

Old
06-01-2012, 06:36 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star View Post
Why anyone believes Timmins would show his cards in public is beyond me. If anything, anyone he singles out is probably lower than 3rd on his list.

Personally, I'd be shocked if Galchenyuk went top 5. The teams have too much on the line at that level to take such a huge risk. I predict a Kopitaresque drop from him on draft day.
How is it a huge risk? He came back from his knee injury at the end of the year and played. I would be shocked if he went past 5. Actually the belief is that the leafs love the guy and are hoping he drops to 5

Old
06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I mean...who will be really shocked if Boston selects Tom Wilson....

Old
06-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Fun and disgusting tweet by Gally...

"So if u guys think that u won't puke if u don't eat anything ur wrong!"

Old
06-01-2012, 07:02 PM
HomaridII

Forsberg is a very mature young man, he sounds 30 already.

Type of guy who I feel would do great here, very grounded, very mature.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
HomaridII

Button believes Malcolm Subban is a top 5 pick and had he gotten more World Junior's exposure, might have been in contention for the no.1

Old
06-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Bure

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
Button believes Malcolm Subban is a top 5 pick and had he gotten more World Junior's exposure, might have been in contention for the no.1
Vasilievski is better IMO . Had he been Canadian he'd go first. I think the world juniors confirms this.

Last edited by Bure: 06-01-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
HomaridII

Button has us picking Galchenyuk

And after watching the interviews .. I wouldn't mind any of Murray - Galchenyuk or Forsberg.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Forsberg is a very mature young man, he sounds 30 already.

Type of guy who I feel would do great here, very grounded, very mature.
Maybe so but if we hesitate between Forsberg and Gally....you so much have to go Gally. This is where needs fits the bill. You will rarely be able to get a Gally who reaches his ceiling in trade. While, you might get a powerforward in Forsberg if you are able to deal a Goligoski for Neal.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:25 PM
HCH

Quote:
Button has us picking Galchenyuk

And after watching the interviews .. I wouldn't mind any of Murray - Galchenyuk or Forsberg.
I agree and my preference is Galchenyuk. He really looks like what we need and he seems to have his head screwed on straight.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
beaverBFP

Gallys legs are huuge!

Old
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Maybe so but if we hesitate between Forsberg and Gally....you so much have to go Gally. This is where needs fits the bill. You will rarely be able to get a Gally who reaches his ceiling in trade. While, you might get a powerforward in Forsberg if you are able to deal a Goligoski for Neal.
I fully agree with you here.

If it was me picking, after watching them play the past couple years, and watching the interviews the past few weeks .. I would go with

1. Alex Galchenyuk
2. Filip Forsberg

Both are mature young men with tremendous character who have their head on straight, seem to be the type of player who would thrive in Montreal.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
How is it a huge risk? He came back from his knee injury at the end of the year and played. I would be shocked if he went past 5. Actually the belief is that the leafs love the guy and are hoping he drops to 5
It's risky because he lost a year of development in the most crucial part of his career.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:35 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
It's risky because he lost a year of development in the most crucial part of his career.
Show me the peer reviewed research that shows the most crucial year to development is ages 17-18. Its simply not true. He has plenty of years left to develop and because he was not playing hockey does not mean he stagnated. He was still working out in the gym, likely doing as much drills as possible that didnt stress his rehabbing knee. He came back and played, and produced in the play-offs despite entering it as his training camp while every one else was in play-off mode.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I fully agree with you here.

If it was me picking, after watching them play the past couple years, and watching the interviews the past few weeks .. I would go with

1. Alex Galchenyuk
2. Filip Forsberg

Both are mature young men with tremendous character who have their head on straight, seem to be the type of player who would thrive in Montreal.
I've been on the Gally bandwagon for 6 months now. So I'm sticking with my guy. But what if Gally is gone? Well if it means giving up Yakupov, that's also a no brainer.

But the real freakin challenge starts with Yakupov 1st, Gally 2nd....I'm personnally screwed. My pick, because I'd go with the guy who I think has the most elite skills AND still is a good hockey player and not just a Harlem globetrotters of hockey, is Grigorenko. Somehow, for some reasons, I'm just a little scare of Forsberg real ability to translate his offensive play in the NHL. Just a little. And then, for some interesting reasons, I would be tempted to build the strongest pool of d-men available. Can you imagine adding a Murray, Trouba, Dumba or even Rieilly in our pool? Which for me, not only makes them #1 on our list of d-men but might also give us the possibility to trade for INTERESTING forwards with one of our young D's. (Note....I am not talking about giving up a McDonagh for a washed up vet....just sayin'....)

But in general, I hope we'd go with a forward. Somehow, wouldn't be mad if we go with a D IF Gally and Yakupov are gone.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Strong candidates to re-enter the draft this year....Beaukeboom, Corbeil, Rensfelt, Sondre Olden (okay -40 doesn't look good...), Rutkowski (though I never believed in him in his draft year, yet...in the 7th round....), and I'm missing some others.....

Old
06-01-2012, 07:45 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Strong candidates to re-enter the draft this year....Beaukeboom, Corbeil, Rensfelt, Sondre Olden (okay -40 doesn't look good...), Rutkowski (though I never believed in him in his draft year, yet...in the 7th round....), and I'm missing some others.....
People seems to be high on Joonas Donskoi. But I know nothing of him though.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:46 PM
HomaridII

Quote:
I've been on the Gally bandwagon for 6 months now. So I'm sticking with my guy. But what if Gally is gone? Well if it means giving up Yakupov, that's also a no brainer.

But the real freakin challenge starts with Yakupov 1st, Gally 2nd....I'm personnally screwed. My pick, because I'd go with the guy who I think has the most elite skills AND still is a good hockey player and not just a Harlem globetrotters of hockey, is Grigorenko. Somehow, for some reasons, I'm just a little scare of Forsberg real ability to translate his offensive play in the NHL. Just a little. And then, for some interesting reasons, I would be tempted to build the strongest pool of d-men available. Can you imagine adding a Murray, Trouba, Dumba or even Rieilly in our pool? Which for me, not only makes them #1 on our list of d-men but might also give us the possibility to trade for INTERESTING forwards with one of our young D's. (Note....I am not talking about giving up a McDonagh for a washed up vet....just sayin'....)

But in general, I hope we'd go with a forward. Somehow, wouldn't be mad if we go with a D IF Gally and Yakupov are gone.
Just one comment to add ... you forgot signing Justin Schultz

Old
06-01-2012, 07:46 PM
HockeyFan87

Quote:
I agree.

I've been for drafting Grigorenko all long but I now recognize that the team cannot draft him with the 3rd overall pick when players like Galchenyuk and Forsberg might still be available. Would Grigorenko hava had good series, I think the choice would be much more difficult for Timmins. However, I still think Grigorenko will be a quality player at the NHL level.

Now, if Glachenyuk's knee is 100% healthy, the team CANNOT pass on him. I was very impressed by his will and his character at the combine. I believe his work ethic and his will will allow him to overcome the effects of this lost season of development over the next few years.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
People seems to be high on Joonas Donskoi. But I know nothing of him though.
True. Here's who I missed. He was hyped a whole lot in his draft year. Might worth a shot to continue thinking he could do it.

Quote:
Just one comment to add ... you forgot signing Justin Schultz
Somehow, I don't see us winning the sweepstake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan87 View Post
I agree.

I've been for drafting Grigorenko all long but I now recognize that the team cannot draft him with the 3rd overall pick when players like Galchenyuk and Forsberg might still be available. Would Grigorenko hava had good series, I think the choice would be much more difficult for Timmins. However, I still think Grigorenko will be a quality player at the NHL level.

Now, if Glachenyuk's knee is 100% healthy, the team CANNOT pass on him. I was very impressed by his will and his character at the combine. I believe his work ethic and his will will allow him to overcome the effects of this lost season of development over the next few years.
Some people will be shocked when they'll see that Grigorenko will indeed be a very good player in this league. I have no doubt. Yet, I prefer Gally 'cause I think he'll become better. So I choose Gally, not because I hate Grigo. On the contrary. Again, Grigo will shut a lot of his haters real soon.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
habsfan92

CBJ's GM looks very willing to deal. I think he would be stupid enough to flip his pick with TO, and Burke will take Galy out from under our nose. That will really piss me off.

Closed Thread