HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF | Game 1 | L.A. Kings at Your New Jersey Devils | Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
  #1026
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC Hockey View Post
found this on tumblr
i want this cup so bad. i cant imagine what the players must feel. go get it boys. they can ****ing win this ****.

åboriginal is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
  #1027
MadDevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bismarck, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 6,770
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC Hockey View Post
found this on tumblr
That's great, using the lyrics from Seven Devils, which was in the Season 2 Game of Thrones trailer.

MadDevil is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
  #1028
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
According to the "experts" from Montreal, mostly the english media since the french media is all over the coaching saga in Mtl instead of covering the SCF, if the Devils don't win tomorrow, we're done and one goofball (Tony Marinaro) said that if the Kings win on saturday... we're getting swept.

It's good to know that we fell behind in each of the rounds we played and still managed to come out on top. I guess those same "experts" weren't aware of that.

There's just something about this team that when they have their backs against the wall, they usually play lights out.

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
  #1029
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC Hockey View Post
found this on tumblr
Pretty cool using the Florence and the Machine song.

Saugus is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
  #1030
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
Yes Langenbrunner was on off the record, a show on TSN and said kings in 5 or 6. He said he has a lot of friends on jersey, but after playing the kings in the playoffs, he does not think anyone can beat them.

whatever.... all i know is the blues were one of the most overrated teams all season, reminded me of the rangers with even less scoring. once their defense and goaltending went to the crapper, they faltered. i honestly thought the sharks would have upset them in the 1st round. langenbrunner did compliment marty though in that interview.
Thanks for taking the words out of my mouth! St Louis wasn't that good. I was impressed with them, but I never saw them getting to the Conference Finals. I still didn't expect a sweep though. Regardless LA is still pretty impressive for sweeping them.

I'm glad Langenbrunner isn't here anymore either. Thank god he was traded last season, and not Patty or god forbid Marty. Thank god for Sykora too. I bet we would have re signed Langenbrunner if none of that went down, and he wouldn't have produced what Sykora did, and also would have came at a much higher price. Like it was already said that's why I won't boo Langenbrunner, Gomez, or Maclean. I booed Maclean enough during coaching introductions before the games. I think I may have been the first one to start booing in my section. This Devils team is way better. Gomez, and Langenbrunner great Devils at one time. No room for them on this team though.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
  #1031
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso
 
ZadorovNJD*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Umm al-Qaiwan
Posts: 10,199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
According to the "experts" from Montreal, mostly the english media since the french media is all over the coaching saga in Mtl instead of covering the SCF, if the Devils don't win tomorrow, we're done and one goofball (Tony Marinaro) said that if the Kings win on saturday... we're getting swept.

It's good to know that we fell behind in each of the rounds we played and still managed to come out on top. I guess those same "experts" weren't aware of that.

There's just something about this team that when they have their backs against the wall, they usually play lights out.
I don't think it's outrageous for a neutral observer to say that losing tomorrow would be the end of the series. I would think the same thing frankly.

ZadorovNJD* is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
  #1032
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks
 
åboriginal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LV-426
Country: Finland
Posts: 24,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Pretty cool using the Florence and the Machine song.
um, miley cyrus wrote it.


åboriginal is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:10 PM
  #1033
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,558
vCash: 500
I'm not neutral and I think if we lose we're toast

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:15 PM
  #1034
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I don't think it's outrageous for a neutral observer to say that losing tomorrow would be the end of the series. I would think the same thing frankly.
The Kings played as bad, if not worse, then we did in game #1 and we missed way more scoring chances then they did (Clarkson 2x, Parise, Fayne). Who's to say that they won't come out the same way they did on wednesday, tomorrow or for the remaining games in this series?

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 09:26 PM
  #1035
AZNDevil
Yay band.
 
AZNDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Morgantown, WV
Country: United States
Posts: 7,628
vCash: 500
Henrique and the team on the OT goal is awesome. "AHHHHH!!!! AHHHHH!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!"

AZNDevil is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
  #1036
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003
 
BenedictGomez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: PRNJ
Country: United States
Posts: 26,312
vCash: 500
I've placed bets on the Devils each time they've trailed in a series and it has rewarded me with great odds each and every time.

Losing to Florida 2:1 odds
Losing to Flyers 2.1:1 odds
Losing to New York 2.4:1 odds
Losing to Kings 2.5:1 odds

Win or lose tomorrow, I fully expect this series to be 2 to 1, LA after Game 3, that's just the heart attack manner in which this team plays. It's almost like they dont start to play until they're backed into a corner, then then shock the hell out of the opponent by ridiculously elevating their game far above what the opponent has previously seen.

I'll probably place another bet at that time at something like 3.3:1 odds.

BenedictGomez is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 PM
  #1037
OOOOIIIO
Binary
 
OOOOIIIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Nashua, NH
Country: United States
Posts: 1,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
The Kings played as bad, if not worse, then we did in game #1 and we missed way more scoring chances then they did (Clarkson 2x, Parise, Fayne). Who's to say that they won't come out the same way they did on wednesday, tomorrow or for the remaining games in this series?
And who is to say that the Devils dont come out and play as bad as they did, missing scoring chances and everything tomorrow or for the remaining games in this series?

OOOOIIIO is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
  #1038
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
I remember when the Rangers and Flyers both swept us to the Stanley Cup Finals.

apice3* is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
  #1039
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
I think this team has that extra gear. They need to use it tonight! Gotta win this one, and I think we can. I think they know they need a better effort. Expect bad ice again after the Radiohead shows two straight nights.

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:40 PM
  #1040
Richer's Ghost
Moderator
Pickle Pops?
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 47,687
vCash: 425
Wired for sound. Wow. That may be the most pumped any production video has gotten me this year or for many years for that matter.

I'll take that over any music video any day.

Just wow. And I think I have a mancrush on Henrique now.
no homo

__________________

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
  #1041
Tundra
Registered User
 
Tundra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I think this team has that extra gear. They need to use it tonight! Gotta win this one, and I think we can. I think they know they need a better effort. Expect bad ice again after the Radiohead shows two straight nights.
If the bottom lines score, we will win. It's that simple. Let Sutter chase Kovalchuk with the Doughty-Scuderi pairing all game. It doesn't matter if the bottom six plays like it has all playoffs. Eventually the devils are going to crack through on one of the lower pairings. That's why I loved what Pete recently said, in that he really isn't concerned about getting advantageous match-ups for Kovy. DeBoer knows the deal and understands why this team has won round after round.

Tundra is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 12:04 AM
  #1042
CerebralGenesis
Registered User
 
CerebralGenesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 23,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I've placed bets on the Devils each time they've trailed in a series and it has rewarded me with great odds each and every time.

Losing to Florida 2:1 odds
Losing to Flyers 2.1:1 odds
Losing to New York 2.4:1 odds
Losing to Kings 2.5:1 odds

Win or lose tomorrow, I fully expect this series to be 2 to 1, LA after Game 3, that's just the heart attack manner in which this team plays. It's almost like they dont start to play until they're backed into a corner, then then shock the hell out of the opponent by ridiculously elevating their game far above what the opponent has previously seen.

I'll probably place another bet at that time at something like 3.3:1 odds.
Wow those are pretty good numbers. I agree that 2-1 LA after 3 games, probably with us losing game 3. I know LA makes the same travel but I think it is harder for the Devils to be able to adjust that quickly with 1 day and flying to LA, don't see us winning that game. That's why we need to win, and I hate saying must this early, tomorrow.

CerebralGenesis is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 12:22 AM
  #1043
Bleedred
Pete still coach?
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seminole Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 33,340
vCash: 500
Would have been a lot better, and made a lot more sense if we played on Friday, and got 2 nights off in between the travel from Jersey back to LA.

Damn Radiohead!

Bleedred is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 12:51 AM
  #1044
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk
 
Darius Dangleaitis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Morristown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 20,828
vCash: 500
Where is the God damn GDT for game two


Darius Dangleaitis is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 01:11 AM
  #1045
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 500
the gdt is up for grabs, i can't do it.

edit: nevermind, i'll put on some deadmau5 and rifle through this gdt. because it's the cup #dedication.


Last edited by HeliDevil: 06-02-2012 at 01:21 AM.
HeliDevil is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 01:36 AM
  #1046
HeliDevil
Legendary
 
HeliDevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 6,294
vCash: 500
and she's up now!

HeliDevil is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 06:20 AM
  #1047
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFazioNJ View Post
All I want for my high school graduation and my eighteenth birthday is the Stanley Cup...

I think that's pretty reasonable, guys. Come on...
I like this

Mory Schneideur* is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 06:21 AM
  #1048
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today & The Future
Posts: 5,261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
That's great, using the lyrics from Seven Devils, which was in the Season 2 Game of Thrones trailer.
Pretty awesome! Burn the Kingdom down!

Mory Schneideur* is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
  #1049
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Henrique and the team on the OT goal is awesome. "AHHHHH!!!! AHHHHH!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!"
I liked how it was just a bunch of screaming after the OT goal. Too bad they didn't use the audio from when he took the shot in the nuts, that would have been funny.

Saugus is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.