HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF | Game 1 | L.A. Kings at Your New Jersey Devils | Part II

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 07:12 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC Hockey View Post
found this on tumblr
i want this cup so bad. i cant imagine what the players must feel. go get it boys. they can ****ing win this ****.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:09 PM
MadDevil

Quote:
found this on tumblr
That's great, using the lyrics from Seven Devils, which was in the Season 2 Game of Thrones trailer.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

According to the "experts" from Montreal, mostly the english media since the french media is all over the coaching saga in Mtl instead of covering the SCF, if the Devils don't win tomorrow, we're done and one goofball (Tony Marinaro) said that if the Kings win on saturday... we're getting swept.

It's good to know that we fell behind in each of the rounds we played and still managed to come out on top. I guess those same "experts" weren't aware of that.

There's just something about this team that when they have their backs against the wall, they usually play lights out.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
found this on tumblr
Pretty cool using the Florence and the Machine song.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Hiemer View Post
Yes Langenbrunner was on off the record, a show on TSN and said kings in 5 or 6. He said he has a lot of friends on jersey, but after playing the kings in the playoffs, he does not think anyone can beat them.

whatever.... all i know is the blues were one of the most overrated teams all season, reminded me of the rangers with even less scoring. once their defense and goaltending went to the crapper, they faltered. i honestly thought the sharks would have upset them in the 1st round. langenbrunner did compliment marty though in that interview.
Thanks for taking the words out of my mouth! St Louis wasn't that good. I was impressed with them, but I never saw them getting to the Conference Finals. I still didn't expect a sweep though. Regardless LA is still pretty impressive for sweeping them.

I'm glad Langenbrunner isn't here anymore either. Thank god he was traded last season, and not Patty or god forbid Marty. Thank god for Sykora too. I bet we would have re signed Langenbrunner if none of that went down, and he wouldn't have produced what Sykora did, and also would have came at a much higher price. Like it was already said that's why I won't boo Langenbrunner, Gomez, or Maclean. I booed Maclean enough during coaching introductions before the games. I think I may have been the first one to start booing in my section. This Devils team is way better. Gomez, and Langenbrunner great Devils at one time. No room for them on this team though.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
According to the "experts" from Montreal, mostly the english media since the french media is all over the coaching saga in Mtl instead of covering the SCF, if the Devils don't win tomorrow, we're done and one goofball (Tony Marinaro) said that if the Kings win on saturday... we're getting swept.

It's good to know that we fell behind in each of the rounds we played and still managed to come out on top. I guess those same "experts" weren't aware of that.

There's just something about this team that when they have their backs against the wall, they usually play lights out.
I don't think it's outrageous for a neutral observer to say that losing tomorrow would be the end of the series. I would think the same thing frankly.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Pretty cool using the Florence and the Machine song.
um, miley cyrus wrote it.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:10 PM
CerebralGenesis

I'm not neutral and I think if we lose we're toast

Old
06-01-2012, 09:15 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
I don't think it's outrageous for a neutral observer to say that losing tomorrow would be the end of the series. I would think the same thing frankly.
The Kings played as bad, if not worse, then we did in game #1 and we missed way more scoring chances then they did (Clarkson 2x, Parise, Fayne). Who's to say that they won't come out the same way they did on wednesday, tomorrow or for the remaining games in this series?

Old
06-01-2012, 09:26 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Henrique and the team on the OT goal is awesome. "AHHHHH!!!! AHHHHH!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!"

Old
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

I've placed bets on the Devils each time they've trailed in a series and it has rewarded me with great odds each and every time.

Losing to Florida 2:1 odds
Losing to Flyers 2.1:1 odds
Losing to New York 2.4:1 odds
Losing to Kings 2.5:1 odds

Win or lose tomorrow, I fully expect this series to be 2 to 1, LA after Game 3, that's just the heart attack manner in which this team plays. It's almost like they dont start to play until they're backed into a corner, then then shock the hell out of the opponent by ridiculously elevating their game far above what the opponent has previously seen.

I'll probably place another bet at that time at something like 3.3:1 odds.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
The Kings played as bad, if not worse, then we did in game #1 and we missed way more scoring chances then they did (Clarkson 2x, Parise, Fayne). Who's to say that they won't come out the same way they did on wednesday, tomorrow or for the remaining games in this series?
And who is to say that the Devils dont come out and play as bad as they did, missing scoring chances and everything tomorrow or for the remaining games in this series?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
apice3*

I remember when the Rangers and Flyers both swept us to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

I think this team has that extra gear. They need to use it tonight! Gotta win this one, and I think we can. I think they know they need a better effort. Expect bad ice again after the Radiohead shows two straight nights.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:40 PM
Richer's Ghost
Pickle Pops?

vCash: 425
Wired for sound. Wow. That may be the most pumped any production video has gotten me this year or for many years for that matter.

I'll take that over any music video any day.

Just wow. And I think I have a mancrush on Henrique now.
no homo

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I think this team has that extra gear. They need to use it tonight! Gotta win this one, and I think we can. I think they know they need a better effort. Expect bad ice again after the Radiohead shows two straight nights.
If the bottom lines score, we will win. It's that simple. Let Sutter chase Kovalchuk with the Doughty-Scuderi pairing all game. It doesn't matter if the bottom six plays like it has all playoffs. Eventually the devils are going to crack through on one of the lower pairings. That's why I loved what Pete recently said, in that he really isn't concerned about getting advantageous match-ups for Kovy. DeBoer knows the deal and understands why this team has won round after round.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:04 AM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
I've placed bets on the Devils each time they've trailed in a series and it has rewarded me with great odds each and every time.

Losing to Florida 2:1 odds
Losing to Flyers 2.1:1 odds
Losing to New York 2.4:1 odds
Losing to Kings 2.5:1 odds

Win or lose tomorrow, I fully expect this series to be 2 to 1, LA after Game 3, that's just the heart attack manner in which this team plays. It's almost like they dont start to play until they're backed into a corner, then then shock the hell out of the opponent by ridiculously elevating their game far above what the opponent has previously seen.

I'll probably place another bet at that time at something like 3.3:1 odds.
Wow those are pretty good numbers. I agree that 2-1 LA after 3 games, probably with us losing game 3. I know LA makes the same travel but I think it is harder for the Devils to be able to adjust that quickly with 1 day and flying to LA, don't see us winning that game. That's why we need to win, and I hate saying must this early, tomorrow.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:22 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Would have been a lot better, and made a lot more sense if we played on Friday, and got 2 nights off in between the travel from Jersey back to LA.

Damn Radiohead!

Old
06-02-2012, 12:51 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Where is the God damn GDT for game two

Old
06-02-2012, 01:11 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

the gdt is up for grabs, i can't do it.

edit: nevermind, i'll put on some deadmau5 and rifle through this gdt. because it's the cup #dedication.

Last edited by HeliDevil: 06-02-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Old
06-02-2012, 01:36 AM
HeliDevil
Legendary

and she's up now!

Old
06-02-2012, 06:20 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFazioNJ View Post
All I want for my high school graduation and my eighteenth birthday is the Stanley Cup...

I think that's pretty reasonable, guys. Come on...
I like this

Old
06-02-2012, 06:21 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDevil View Post
That's great, using the lyrics from Seven Devils, which was in the Season 2 Game of Thrones trailer.
Pretty awesome! Burn the Kingdom down!

Old
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Henrique and the team on the OT goal is awesome. "AHHHHH!!!! AHHHHH!!!! AAAAHHHH!!!!"
I liked how it was just a bunch of screaming after the OT goal. Too bad they didn't use the audio from when he took the shot in the nuts, that would have been funny.

Closed Thread