Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Off-Season Trade Rumours and Speculation

Old
05-31-2012, 11:21 PM
sirom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow519 View Post
I say AA or Tierney, both natural centers and London is Centre deep..AA would give London more assets back so it's gonna be a tough call
There is no way the Knights move Tierney after the second half he had and the talk from the team and NHL scouts. THere is not one incoming prospect that makes a difference next year outside possibly Broadhurst - the jump from Jr A/B, USHL etc is huge and most will spend most of the season rotating on the 4th line and Jr B with most in JR B for the year.

sirom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 04:41 AM
aresknights

Quote:
You talking about Double A?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gongshow519 View Post
I say AA or Tierney, both natural centers and London is Centre deep..AA would give London more assets back so it's gonna be a tough call
I do think theyll consider it (AA). It would be hard to let that potential go, but you gotta pay to play, and hed fetch as much as almost any1 from the current roster. I wouldnt be suprised if he stays or goes. Tough call, but speculation is there. The thinking is, he brings value back and they have a surplus of Fs right now.

aresknights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:45 AM
defensehockey19

Teams can officially begin to trade starting today!

defensehockey19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:35 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirom View Post
There is no way the Knights move Tierney after the second half he had and the talk from the team and NHL scouts. THere is not one incoming prospect that makes a difference next year outside possibly Broadhurst - the jump from Jr A/B, USHL etc is huge and most will spend most of the season rotating on the 4th line and Jr B with most in JR B for the year.
I agree totally....Tierney getting moved....sorry not happening. Even AA has begun to play the way the Hunters want and it took them all year to get him to play 2 way hockey. I seriously doubt they will dump him now after all the work getting him to play both ways.

Look elsewhere but not this pair of forwards.

London might get busy in landing a higher spot in import if they have deals worked out in Europe. Have to wait and see how Mark replaces Names.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:53 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
I agree totally....Tierney getting moved....sorry not happening. Even AA has begun to play the way the Hunters want and it took them all year to get him to play 2 way hockey. I seriously doubt they will dump him now after all the work getting him to play both ways.

Look elsewhere but not this pair of forwards.

London might get busy in landing a higher spot in import if they have deals worked out in Europe. Have to wait and see how Mark replaces Names.
I've heard London and Windsor are trying for the Petes import pick.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
I've heard London and Windsor are trying for the Petes import pick.
Windsor will only be able to compete in a bidding way if the Petes want an import pick this year and Spits could offer #15 as part of the package for the #9.

Ottomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Windsor will only be able to compete in a bidding way if the Petes want an import pick this year and Spits could offer #15 as part of the package for the #9.
The guy the Petes are likely going over could be had even if they had the 60th pick I think the Petes would need a solid 94 or 95 back in the trade.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
cfaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Makes sense to see Windsor trying to aquire the Petes pick but if they are looking at drafting two Imports, which they likely will be why would they package their own pick?

Try to aquire the Pete's pick using draft picks, roster player and prospects, not their own import pick. Pavelka is likely gone and Khokhlachev is doubtful to return to Windsor, even if this issue is resolved. I can see Windsor dealing him.

cfaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:05 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfaub View Post
Makes sense to see Windsor trying to aquire the Petes pick but if they are looking at drafting two Imports, which they likely will be why would they package their own pick?

Try to aquire the Pete's pick using draft picks, roster player and prospects, not their own import pick. Pavelka is likely gone and Khokhlachev is doubtful to return to Windsor, even if this issue is resolved. I can see Windsor dealing him.
Who could you see as a suitable return? Petes need a Centre or RW. Either 94-95

Old
06-01-2012, 11:29 AM
cfaub

Part of any deal, not specifics here:

Clarke - 94 C
Marchese - 94 C/RW (shoots left)
Smith - 95 RW (prospect)
Studnicka - 95 RW (propsect)

Khokhlachev - 93 C (if he returns)

Clarke or Marchese, Studnicka or Smith, picks for Petes import

or

Khokhlachev for Pete's import pick ++

or

Clarke, Marchese for Pete's import pick

Roster player plus for Pete's import pick unless of course Khokhlachev was part of the deal then you would see more coming back from the Petes.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:36 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:

Clarke - 94 C
Smith - 95 RW (prospect)

or

or

Roster player plus for Pete's import pick unless of course Khokhlachev was part of the deal then you would see more coming back from the Petes.
Would take Clarke and Marchese in a heartbeat!

Old
06-01-2012, 11:38 AM
battfan888

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorleaguebrian88 View Post
Guelph needs Size and Defense.

Have a few depth forward that could be moved for depth D.
Brampton needs forwards and could give up a D or two, sounds like a good fit to me

Brampton still owns both of their import picks for the upcoming draft but is unlikely to use either of them as both Machovsky and Machac will be back so I am hoping Butler can fetch something for these import picks that he doesnt need.

battfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
cfaub

Quote:
Would take Clarke and Marchese in a heartbeat!
All speculation with the names. Don't know who is or is not available but Marchese, while not likely available at the moment could be someone who drops down the depth chart in Windsor depending on who is expected to be in the line up.

If Windsor ends up with

Import Pick
Rychel
Vail
Johnson
Ho Sang
Maletta

and possibly another US kid reporting then Clarke, Marchese and similar players start dropping down the depth chart where they are in roles outside their normal style of play. Could they become available? I don't know. Many feel Clarke can be dealt, Marchese being buddies with Kerby Rychel may be a tougher aquisition but who knows, if the right deal comes along almost anyone can be dealt.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:

Clarke - 94 C
Smith - 95 RW (prospect)

or

or

You're bloody crazy. Clarke alone for the pick IF we have a lock that the player we want will be there at #9 AND is a lock to come over and be here in 2014. All the big offensive names seem to be Russians who are sketchy as to their motives, and then you have to worry about them potentially playing in the NHL or AHL (if drafted first out of Russia).

If the going rate is a Clarke and a Marchese than I'd rather see what we could get to trade our Import.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 06-01-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
cfaub

What did it cost us to get Loktionov?

Wilson plus picks.

Wilson was a far better player at 17 then Clakre is at 18 (will be).

Loktionov was taken 7th overall (3rd among OHL teams) with Sudbury having the first pick overall.

Pete's pick will be 9th overall (3rd among OHL teams).

Clarke alone for the 9th pick, 3rd for OHl teams... not going to happen.

Marchese and Clarke for the pick, nothing else... I agree probably a bit of an overpayment so what else does peteborgough send back? A mid round pick? If London is dangling AA plus for the pick then what would you give up to get it while still maintaining your pick at 15?

Old
06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:

Wilson plus picks.

Loktionov was taken 7th overall (3rd among OHL teams) with Sudbury having the first pick overall.

Marchese and Clarke for the pick, nothing else... I agree probably a bit of an overpayment so what else does peteborgough send back? A mid round pick? If London is dangling AA plus for the pick then what would you give up to get it while still maintaining your pick at 15?
What did it cost London to get the first overall pick overall? McNeil, a second and a third.

If London is dangling AA plus for the #9, I'd call them up and see if they'd give is AA straight up for the #15.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:49 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

AA and London's 1st import pick for the Pete's 9th overall and the rights to Derek Mathers....make it happen Mark.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 05:58 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
AA and London's 1st import pick for the Pete's 9th overall and the rights to Derek Mathers....make it happen Mark.
Done deal if I were GM!

Can AA play RW or C by chance?

Old
06-01-2012, 06:01 PM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Done deal if I were GM!

Can AA play RW or C by chance?
AA can play all 3 forward positions. I'd love to see Mathers in a Knights uniform...and if this deal happened...I'd be 1 happy camper.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 06:13 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
AA can play all 3 forward positions. I'd love to see Mathers in a Knights uniform...and if this deal happened...I'd be 1 happy camper.
Too be honest..... I've seen him plenty... And he needs to stick to fightting and hitting at times he starts to think he's a game changer which is obviously not the case, I would much rather cash in on his value. I really wish this deal went through as AA would instantly be our 2nd line RW.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:14 PM
hockeye

whats the latest with Erie rumors

hockeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:23 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
I'd be happy too. But do you really see either Mark or Dale using an enforcer type?
I think if they're to trade AA, they really need a top end d-man to replace Tinordi. (And possibly Harrington, and Maataa) IF that type of player was available with the #9 pick, I'm all for it.

GangGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:22 PM
jughead42

Quote:

Wilson plus picks.

I'm sure it will cost a bit for a higher import if windsor doesn't include their own pick in the deal, but if windsor is simply looking to move up it isn't going to be a king's ransom like sending two young pieces of their developing core. When we traded for the Loktionov import pick it was basically Garrett Wilson and a 4th round pick for the 7 overall import selection. Wilson was at the time a 3rd round pick with 7 games of OHL experience and a decent showing in junior B. He's windsor's current equivalent of a guy like Studnika or Hunter Smith, not two guys who have been part of the developing core of this team like Clarke AND Marchese. If Windsor moves up and they swap their own import to do it, I doubt it costs more than some picks to get the job done. If they just add the Pete's pick without including their own selection, they'd be offering up a '95 body and some picks, not Clarke and Marchese. Shake your head dude.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
cfaub

Wilson was a year younger and a better prospect than Clarke currently is.

I thought it was more than a 4th rnd pick along with Wilson. If that's all it was my mistake.

Clarke alone or not much more... I have a hard time believing that gets it done, especially if there are other bidders with better offers.

Like I said, Clarke and Marchese, yes an overpayment, include more coming back from the Petes and I doubt Marchese would be available.

If Windsor is looking to aquire a second import pick then why would they move their pick at 15? I agree, the 15th and another pick likely moves them up but is that all they really want to do? Moving up 6 spots when they likely end up with two open import spots.

Pavelka is almost a lock to be moved or released.

Khokhlachev is going to be tough to get back here and if he is do the Spits like the idea of being thrown into the middle of his and Boston's negotiations. If he comes back he has a ton of value on the trade market but right now it is looking like he may not return anyways.

Two spots and already having the 15th pick would make it appear as if Windsor is looking to add a second imprt pick instead of simply move up.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:44 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Wilson was a year younger and a better prospect than Clarke currently is.

I thought it was more than a 4th rnd pick along with Wilson. If that's all it was my mistake.

Clarke alone or not much more... I have a hard time believing that gets it done, especially if there are other bidders with better offers.

Like I said, Clarke and Marchese, yes an overpayment, include more coming back from the Petes and I doubt Marchese would be available.

If Windsor is looking to aquire a second import pick then why would they move their pick at 15? I agree, the 15th and another pick likely moves them up but is that all they really want to do? Moving up 6 spots when they likely end up with two open import spots.

Pavelka is almost a lock to be moved or released.

Khokhlachev is going to be tough to get back here and if he is do the Spits like the idea of being thrown into the middle of his and Boston's negotiations. If he comes back he has a ton of value on the trade market but right now it is looking like he may not return anyways.

Two spots and already having the 15th pick would make it appear as if Windsor is looking to add a second imprt pick instead of simply move up.
windsor also send 2nd and 3rd round picks to owen sound, but owen sound sent 2nd and 3rd round picks back of different years. basically a wash other than the 4th and wilson part of the deal.

You're still missing the point, Clarke is a player with 2 years of junior experience alreay. Wilson had only played 7 ohl games when he was traded. I'm sure it's easy for you to look back with your captain hindsight goggles on and say Wilson was the better prospect at 17 but he hadn't done anything in the OHL to prove it at the time of the deal. Sure he went on to be perhaps the best power forward in the league for a while, but that wasn't completely evident it would happen when he was traded. He was more of a OHL prospect than an OHL player at the time of the deal. Clarke has already proven he can be a regular OHL player and has done it for a year. He's got a playoff round under his belt and should be expected to come in and be a key cog of next years team. If the Spits are gunning for a cup, trading a couple of their 94 forwards isn't going to be the way to accomplish that. They spent all last year taking their lumps with these guys so they would develop, it doesn't make sense to trade them now. I'm so baffled by the way so many armchair GM's throw Clarke around like he's obvious trade bait. I don't get it.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote