HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for Assistant GM's and Coach Part X

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 06:23 PM
Kid Dynomite

vCash: 500
Didn't say it was true, but it is being floated on Twitter.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
Didn't say it was true, but it is being floated on Twitter.
Fine to report it but people know better now with the Hartley saga. Unless it's reported by somebody legit, it's just people inventing things.

Nobody are insiders. They are just "readers". They read everything that goes on. They use things from the past. And make educated guesses. They makes tons of them so that we'd forget about the ones that didn't materialized and then concentrate on the ones they had right. And then, for the ones they didn't have, they will ALWAYS hide themselves behind the "well talks doesn't always materialize".

Let's get real for one second. If I work with the Habs, I also understand the era that we are living in. And I will then surf the net and visit some blogs to see if some of my staff might be talking and giving outside infos. And if you do read stuff that might only come from your staff or even outside people like lawyers you might use from time to time, you make sure that you know who is the mole by giving them false infos that only the mole will report and you then fire their ass. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.

So "insiders" don't exist. Educated guessers do though. Those guys are the new magicians. Before, they were called magicians. Now that people knows it doesn't exist, they are called illusionnists. Same here.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
I'm on twitter now, Nothing at all. Francois Gagnon is joking that Bobby Mac's equipment has failed. Says time he took a break... It's BS

Old
06-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
Roy neither created nor was the first to apply the butterfly style. Tony Esposito was the real innovator on this front and Francois Allaire built upon this foundation with a very rigid and structured system.

As for Roy being a good coaching candidate.........no thanks. He is a world class ******* who would implode and throw everyone and everything under the bus to try and save his own neck if/when things started going south. He has absolutely no integrity and is a self centered ego-maniac who should be kept far away from this organization.
Have you ever met him in person? I did a few times when I was living close to St-Thérèse almost 2 decades ago and your affirmation is quite contradictory with what I've lived and what I've heard from other people who've met him.

You remind me of the people who automatically assume Torts to be a dooche because of how he acts in his job, yet he's very kind in person (from what I've heard).

Old
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynomite View Post
jp_tvasports ‏@jp_tvasports
Selon mon collègue Dave Morissette, Michel Therrien a rencontré l'organisation du Canadien à 3 reprises
http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...01-181728.html

Old
06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
disturbedraven
Lets rock

If Torts was available, I'd love to have him on board as our coach. Imagine the epic battles between him and the french media!

Old
06-01-2012, 06:47 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Have you ever met him in person? I did a few times when I was living close to St-Thérèse almost 2 decades ago and your affirmation is quite contradictory with what I've lived and what I've heard from other people who've met him.

You remind me of the people who automatically assume Torts to be a dooche because of how he acts in his job, yet he's very kind in person (from what I've heard).
Erased...skip it... I don't want to start a Roy thing.. Quitters don't deserve it!

Old
06-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Fine to report it but people know better now with the Hartley saga. Unless it's reported by somebody legit, it's just people inventing things.

Nobody are insiders. They are just "readers". They read everything that goes on. They use things from the past. And make educated guesses. They makes tons of them so that we'd forget about the ones that didn't materialized and then concentrate on the ones they had right. And then, for the ones they didn't have, they will ALWAYS hide themselves behind the "well talks doesn't always materialize".

Let's get real for one second. If I work with the Habs, I also understand the era that we are living in. And I will then surf the net and visit some blogs to see if some of my staff might be talking and giving outside infos. And if you do read stuff that might only come from your staff or even outside people like lawyers you might use from time to time, you make sure that you know who is the mole by giving them false infos that only the mole will report and you then fire their ass. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand this.

So "insiders" don't exist. Educated guessers do though. Those guys are the new magicians. Before, they were called magicians. Now that people knows it doesn't exist, they are called illusionnists. Same here.
My educated guess is, if it's not Roy, it'll be Marty Raymond.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedraven View Post
If Torts was available, I'd love to have him on board as our coach. Imagine the epic battles between him and the french media!
IMO, Roy is probably the closest to Torts in coaching style and attitude, and I too would love Torts, and not just for his antics with the media. We need someone with some real huevos.

Old
06-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
My educated guess is, if it's not Roy, it'll be Marty Raymond.
See, you just became an insider. Start a blog and charge for it.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

About Torts, he just gave an interview to a radio not that long ago, and frankly that was an incredibly great and honest interivew. He still shouldn't act like he's doing, understand that in New York, you don't send your most intelligent reporters..., yet a little more respect should be in order. But the day you don't want to talk, you shouldn't. Or send your assistant coach once in a while.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:06 PM
coolasprICE

lol @ torts being coach

" So Torty, she been tree months now how you feel about all da fans that are curious why you no speak french yet ''

'' Well Bertrand, I'm curious why those fans don't ****ing speak english ''

'' But Torty, you are coach of the Canadiens de Montr... ''

'' Hey Michel, **** you, how you like dem apples... you want french, why don't you go suck on Darche's hockey stick... NEXT QUESTION''

Old
06-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
See, you just became an insider. Start a blog and charge for it.
Blogger? Make that -journalist-.... "columnist"

Then after a few years, I'll call myself an expert, even though if I was actually one, I'd actually be writing the nightly lineups for a NHL club rather than just writing my 'expert' opinion about the NHL.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
About Torts, he just gave an interview to a radio not that long ago, and frankly that was an incredibly great and honest interivew. He still shouldn't act like he's doing, understand that in New York, you don't send your most intelligent reporters..., yet a little more respect should be in order. But the day you don't want to talk, you shouldn't. Or send your assistant coach once in a while.
Forget NY...

Duuuude, sports are to journalists what B-movies are to A-list actors. They're seen as gods in this here province, but they're still sports journalists, they're the lowest class in journalism, whatever the city, so yeah, most editors don't think about sending their prodigees to cover sports, it's not a thing about NY.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Forget NY...

Duuuude, sports are to journalists what B-movies are to A-list actors. They're seen as gods in this here province, but they're still sports journalists, they're the lowest class in journalism, whatever the city, so yeah, most editors don't think about sending their prodigees to cover sports, it's not a thing about NY.
But the difference is that in here, it's the Habs. So you send some of the most uneducated ones (aside from a few) to cover the Habs. But imagine NY.....For hockey, you have to send the most uneducated of the uneducated ones 'cause the best worst ones are covering other sports....That's my point.

Let's not generalize though....we do have good ones in here. Problem is that it's probably the ones we don't hear enough....

Old
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
But the difference is that in here, it's the Habs. So you send some of the most uneducated ones (aside from a few) to cover the Habs. But imagine NY.....For hockey, you have to send the most uneducated of the uneducated ones 'cause the best worst ones are covering other sports....That's my point.

Let's not generalize though....we do have good ones in here. Problem is that it's probably the ones we don't hear enough....
That was genuine comedy gold.

But come on, the majority of them are as clueless as the majority of fans. Like anything else in society, the majority isn't very bright. So IMO, if the majority are numbnuts, generalizing them is no big leap in rationality. Anyway, yeah, I got what you meant.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
lol @ torts being coach

" So Torty, she been tree months now how you feel about all da fans that are curious why you no speak french yet ''

'' Well Bertrand, I'm curious why those fans don't ****ing speak english ''

'' But Torty, you are coach of the Canadiens de Montr... ''

'' Hey Michel, **** you, how you like dem apples... you want french, why don't you go suck on Darche's hockey stick... NEXT QUESTION''
That would be amazing.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
TVA sport have an absolutely terrible record so far with their insiders informations. They have terrible ratings and are desperate for attention.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
TVA sport have an absolutely terrible record so far with their insiders informations. They have terrible ratings and are desperate for attention.
I loathe TVA so I don't know who works there, but is Michel Villeneuve there by any chance?

You have to assume someone hiring him to talk about sports is looking for attention and not necessarily the right kind.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I loathe TVA so I don't know who works there, but is Michel Villeneuve there by any chance?

You have to assume someone hiring him to talk about sports is looking for attention and not necessarily the right kind.
Villeneuve used to be there but resigns becuase of differences about how the show was conducted. Seems to me he hated to always have to go to Twitter and Co to see the people's opinions.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
What do you mean? They are perfect. Just like the official report at trade deadline day from Laraque that Nash had been traded to Tampa Bay...until he said that his "source" was finally wrong....Sources being M-A Bergeron.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Takashi

So everyone now agrees that we go with Roy?

Old
06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
I find the comments about Roy odd since everything I've heard, some from former Q players themselves is that Roy is great with his players, especially the Europeans. It's what continues to get them the best Euros (that and money). They know that playing for Roy means great expectations and great care.

Yes, Roy has a temper, and an ego and a mischievous side. But it all comes into a package with Roy and it all comes from the same place: Roy wants to win. As a coach, you can't stop 30 shots. You can't score a hat trick. You have to put your team in a position to win with strategy and guidance. And that's what Roy does.

Montreal at this point would be crazy not to select him. It's a PR home run and if Roy doesn't work out, blame will goto Roy not Bergevin.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
HomaridII

They just said on AC that the Habs met all the coaches candidates today, the decision will be made this weekend and announced early next week

Old
06-01-2012, 08:44 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
They just said on AC that the Habs met all the coaches candidates today, the decision will be made this weekend and announced early next week
Oh jeez, I'm so nervous.

50$ It's not Therrien or Crawford.

Closed Thread