Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Thomas is going to Colorado to start a video game company?
Thanks. This topic needed a good laugh.

06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Burn.
you forgot the mother****** BURN!

Old
06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
GordonHowe

The most positive thing I can add about this development is that I trust PC got his money's worth out of that Harvard education. My hope is that Chia responds "creatively" to the circumstance. That is possible, as he has proven to be a deft GM.

As for Tim: I trust we can all agree that he was nothing less than spectacular throughout his career with the Bruins, and that he is largely to thank for bringing the Cup back to Boston. I trust we can also agree that management has been respectful and fair in its dealings with Thomas. He is not the first player to be linked to trade rumors.

Assuming no one in his family is encountering grave medical difficulty -- a genuine concern in the past -- I'm deeply disappointed in Tim's behavior. I frankly don't understand it.

I wish Tim Thomas well but he has burned his bridges.

Farewell, Tank.

:-(

Old
06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Mainehockey33

Great, we just ran off one of the best Bruins goaltenders in history. What a ****** ending to an epic story. He'll still be my favorite goalie no matter where he plays.

It's Tuukka time though! I'll just have to watch that 2010 Flyers series to get myself excited.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
So who's going to be the one to tweet some sarcastic Islander comments to him?
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss
@grabs40 Says the flash in the pan...Enjoy Brooklyn...or Quebec...or wherever..Did Wang press charges for your theft of 3 mil last year?

I did.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainehockey33 View Post
Great, we just ran off one of the best Bruins goaltenders in history. What a ****** ending to an epic story. He'll still be my favorite goalie no matter where he plays.

It's Tuukka time though! I'll just have to watch that 2010 Flyers series to get myself excited.
Who ran him out of town? The guy is telling the Bruins he doesn't want to play next year, what are they supposed to do.

I will always be greatful for Thomas and especially for the way he played in the finals last year so that more than makes up for anything, he doesn't owe the fans anything but I still am having a hard time siding with Thomas on this. Depending on exactly what his family situaiton is I could change my opinion but also lots of people have tough family situation and he has months off in the summer. I beleive when you sign a contract you need to hold up your end of the bargain.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:

Save yourself the pain. It's like how I still haven't watched the highlights from the Carolina game 7 to this day.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Rubber Biscuit
Noted Loui Apologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss
@grabs40 Says the flash in the pan...Enjoy Brooklyn...or Quebec...or wherever..Did Wang press charges for your theft of 3 mil last year?

I did.
Fantastic.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:16 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss

I did.
Nice job.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss

I did.
That's an awesome reply Lou

Old
06-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss

I did.
The list of people you follow makes me LOL.

Hockey hockey hockey

girls girls girls girls

Hockey

Band

Old
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
stick9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
He didn't just call Chiarelli today and say he was quitting. Chiarelli said this happened in early May.

You don't just walk away and leave $3 million on the table, and leave the game you've dedicated your entire life to, on a "bs ploy." Something is obviously going on here, and I've been a fan of the Bruins and Tim Thomas long enough to trust that whatever it is, it's serious.
I'm not buying it. You don't just take a year off at his age. If it is a legit family issue like an illness. There is no shame in saying so.

If this is Thomas's way of controling where he plays, then the hell with him. This isn't how someone with his resume goes about things. There are much better ways to do that.

Something stinks, but oh well bring on Tuukka.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss

I did.
Love it Lou! Can't wait to see his response.

I am Boston Strong

Old
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Slapshot18

I think people need to realize Tim is a human being (or is he!?) and if it's true he wants to take some time off I say let him have it. He's accomplished everything a goalie could ever ask for and the professional athlete has a pretty demanding schedule. They do get paid millions, way too much, but they are still human beings and need to live their lives away from the sport.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Central Scrutinizer
Lord of Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The list of people you follow makes me LOL.

Hockey hockey hockey

girls girls girls girls

Hockey

Band
What's so funny about hockey,girls and band?

it's my Holy Trinity.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
jaems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confound View Post
That would be an absolute steal for the Bruins, no way the Avs do that though.
Indeed.

The Avs were burned severely in the last CBA, aggressively cutting the teams salary for peanuts. Now with a new CBA being drafted, there is uncertainty over what rules will be in place. Will front-loaded contracts be banned? Will we still have a hard salary cap? Will the cap hit be calculated based on actual contract paid per year instead of averaged out? Etc. etc. We might speculate on some of these questions but with Donald Fehr at the helm of the Players Union, I really hesitate to make a guess.

The Avs have NINE RFA's and five UFA's to re-sign. So while it seems like the Avs have a bunch of capspace to makeup for this next season, we clearly needed it to avoid having a Chicago-esque situation. Assuming they re-sign Johnson, O'Reilly, Duchene, Mueller, Wilson, Downie, McGinn, Porter, and Olver, I would do a conservative estimate of an additional ten million min. on top of what they were collectively making last year. So with that and re-signing some key UFAs, we'll comfortably be at the cap floor with space to sign a handful of UFAs if need be.

But with Boston in no urgency to clear cap space by packaging Thomas up with a prospect (i.e. Nashville's situation with trading Franson to Toronto) and Colorado being likely close to or at the floor when most of their team is re-signed I don't see an incentive for either team to make a trade. Especially if the Avs have to give up one of their defensive prospects promising defensive prospects in exchange for another prospect plus dead cap space. The reason why the Avs traded Shattenkirk was because we had some of these guys in the waiting.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
ronwm

...and actually, disappointed is the only word I can really think of to describe how I feel about the whole situation. Will have to mull that over for a bit....

Old
06-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Dennis Bonvie

He's a goalie, what do you expect?

Its like being an artist, he can't help it.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
WhamBamCam8 ‏@pep2moss

I did.
Man... Grabner sounds like a ****** with those tweets

Old
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:

Yup, because it was all his fault.

Just like it was all David Krejci's fault we lost this year.

Memo to you sir...we did not "run him off". He has made a choice. I'm will to bet when Tuukka goes 2.15, .930 35+ wins you'll be happy.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaems View Post
Indeed.

The Avs were burned severely in the last CBA, aggressively cutting the teams salary for peanuts. Now with a new CBA being drafted, there is uncertainty over what rules will be in place. Will front-loaded contracts be banned? Will we still have a hard salary cap? Will the cap hit be calculated based on actual contract paid per year instead of averaged out? Etc. etc. We might speculate on some of these questions but with Donald Fehr at the helm of the Players Union, I really hesitate to make a guess.

The Avs have NINE RFA's and five UFA's to re-sign. So while it seems like the Avs have a bunch of capspace to makeup for this next season, we clearly needed it to avoid having a Chicago-esque situation. Assuming they re-sign Johnson, O'Reilly, Duchene, Mueller, Wilson, Downie, McGinn, Porter, and Olver, I would do a conservative estimate of an additional ten million min. on top of what they were collectively making last year. So with that and re-signing some key UFAs, we'll comfortably be at the cap floor with space to sign a handful of UFAs if need be.

But with Boston in no urgency to clear cap space by packaging Thomas up with a prospect (i.e. Nashville's situation with trading Franson to Toronto) and Colorado being likely close to or at the floor when most of their team is re-signed I don't see an incentive for either team to make a trade. Especially if the Avs have to give up one of their defensive prospects in Siemens or Elliott in exchange for another prospect plus dead cap space. The reason why the Avs traded Shattenkirk was because we had Elliott and Siemens in the waiting.
Great analysis of your team. With Elliot, Gaunce, Siemens, Johnson, Hejda, O'Byrne, Wilson and even Newton in the lineup or scheduled to be there next year like many have told me, why wouldn't Barrie be available for the right price?

Old
06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Yup, because it was all his fault.

Just like it was all David Krejci's fault we lost this year.

Memo to you sir...we did not "run him off". He has made a choice. I'm will to bet when Tuukka goes 2.15, .930 35+ wins you'll be happy.
Tuukka gets the highest save percentage in the regular season that year AS A ROOKIE, but that somehow gets forgotten

I am more than excited to have Rask start next year, and excited to see what Khudo does as a backup

Old
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovi View Post
So let me recap here:

Tim goes to management and says.. I have a family issue I cannot fulfill my job next year.

Management says....sorry to hear that, it makes it a little tricky for us, but we understand.

Tim takes care of his commitment to his family and the Bruins use other goalies (who are fairly talented) in place of him.

Life AND hockey go on.

?What am I missing?
You are missing the fan base that understands that family first in the most important thing in life.

You are missing the other fan base that whines about 'what about me., what about my GAME?". Proving once and for all they are ****** bags and hopefully will never reproduce themselves.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
jbean

This might not mean much for those involved, be it Bruins fans or Thomas himself, but his slim outside shot at getting into the HOF pretty much vanishes after this move.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:57 PM
patty59

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean View Post
This might not mean much for those involved, be it Bruins fans or Thomas himself, but his slim outside shot at getting into the HOF pretty much vanishes after this move.
After shifting his focus towards his family that is obviously going through a rough patch? Man tough crowd.

Closed Thread