HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Pittsburgher Thread: The Andrew McCutchen is God Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz Nasty View Post
Nyjer Morgan...AAA talent with a Super star's ego.

Nice catch, Plush.
My best friend calls Nyjer Morgan....something unflattering, to both Morgan and to my friend. He's not a fan of any teams Morgan's been on, and he's not even a racist. He just really hates the way Nyjer Morgan conducts himself.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:06 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Jordy Mercer is a hell of a fielder. Gotta give him that. Maybe one day the hitting comes around but his range and arm are major league quality.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

The Brewers have cheerleaders? Uckkk.. That doesn't belong in baseball. Get your ass off the dugout and go hand out stuff around the park.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctrSteveBrule View Post
Jordy Mercer is a hell of a fielder. Gotta give him that. Maybe one day the hitting comes around but his range and arm are major league quality.
That one play that should have been an out was still a good play by Mercer. It would have been a double if Barmes were in the field.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
That one play that should have been an out was still a good play by Mercer. It would have been a double if Barmes were in the field.
yeah the stop and throw on Braun was unbelievable. He was out on the replay too but Braun gets that call 9 times out of 10.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

2 run double *****es! Shave those ****ing sideburns Dillard.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Dread Pirate Roberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
2 run double *****es! Shave those ****ing sideburns Dillard.
McCLUTCHen is money.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:50 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
McCLUTCHen
Love it.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Would have been nice to absolutely run these ****ers up the flagpole...but it's hard to be too upset about this performance...especially for the fact that it's in Milwaukee.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
06-01-2012, 11:11 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Separated at birth?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

Winning baseball mother****ers! Raise that ****.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Harv
R.I.P. Pavol.

Quote:
Raise that ****.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Did the Bucs sweep the Cubs? I hope so... and I'm from Chicago. **** the Cubs and their BS organization / annual fan abuse. Worst franchise in baseball IMO. The only people I know who get rewarded for failing every year because they have ivy in their outfield and an old-time green scoreboard. ****ing ridiculous.

Wrigley should be razed completely, (better) new owners should be found and the dumbass fans who pay out the nose every year for a ****** product, ****** hotdogs and ****** beer, should get their heads out of their rear ends and STOP going until the organization puts a real product onto the field and real service in the ballpark itself. I hope the Cubs end up 40-122 every year for the rest of their existence until they clean up their act.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 06-02-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old
06-02-2012, 10:04 AM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

They did sweep them last weekend. That the Cubs have managed to be the worst team by far in a division containing the Pirates and the Astros is quite an an accomplishment.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
They did sweep them last weekend. That the Cubs have managed to be the worst team by far in a division containing the Pirates and the Astros is quite an an accomplishment.
Not even sort of shocking. Having watched these losers pretend for the last 25 years, underachievement is how they operate. Seriously the Cubs are a great racket for any owner who doesn't actually care about fans and baseball. You have these legions of idiots who fancy themselves "die-hards" and "real fans" because they shell out for over-priced tickets, then pay $6.50 for a smashed up POS hotdog, $8 for a warm, skunked out Old Style, and the right to piss in a 30 foot long trough with other guys' urine splattering all over them... all so they can watch overpaid, underachieving players **** up every single year. It's surreal. I can't believe Hollywood hasn't made a movie in modern times making fun of these idiots.

Granted, every 10 years or so you get a good team who blows up in the playoffs, but other than that... pure loser from Owner to fans. It's unreal to me how little Cub fans demand of their team. It's like they are enablers of failure.

STOP GOING, STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY YOU STUPID ****S!

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 06-02-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old
06-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Mr. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Not even sort of shocking. Having watched these losers pretend for the last 25 years, underachievement is how they operate. Seriously the Cubs are a great racket for any owner who doesn't actually care about fans and baseball. You have these legions of idiots who fancy themselves "die-hards" and "real fans" because they shell out for over-priced tickets, then pay $6.50 for a smashed up POS hotdog, $8 for a warm, skunked out Old Style, and the right to piss in a 30 foot long trough with other guys' urine splattering all over them... all so they can watch overpaid, underachieving players **** up every single year. It's surreal. I can't believe Hollywood hasn't made a movie in modern times making fun of these idiots.

Granted, every 10 years or so you get a good team who blows up in the playoffs, but other than that... pure loser from Owner to fans. It's unreal to me how little Cub fans demand of their team. It's like they are enablers of failure.

STOP GOING, STOP SPENDING YOUR MONEY YOU STUPID ****S!
Great post. Don't forget that the Cubs have a payroll that's usually top 10 (or higher) in MLB. That takes some of the "I'm a Cubs fan, so I cheer for the lovable loser" sentiment out of it for me.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Fogel
Analytics please

Cutch is good, but not this good, he is getting some help from balls finding holes. Alvarez has had a bit of bad ball luck, but his approach is still a work in progress. It looks like his pitch recognition is still terrible. I am still waiting for Correia to be jettisoned; he has little upside over stretching out Lincoln or calling up Locke or Owens at this point.

I think the draft will be really interesting to watch. Some of the agents like Boras will not care about the fact that there are caps now and will push their clients as being worth to over pay for. I think he advises Almora and Appel so it will be interesting to see where they fall. If anything, I think signability will be an even bigger factor than before.

As for picks for the Pirates, if Giolito is good medically and would be willing to sign for ~4M, I'd hope the Pirates bust their budget for him. Otherwise, I hope one of the top 7 fall, absolutely would love Correa but probably on the level of Grig/Galyen falling to the Pens. If none do, I hope for Fried or saving some money with someone like Hawkins. KG mentioned that there seems to be a chance Zunino falls to the Pirates.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Fogel
Analytics please

Not sure why Marcum thought 85mph fb down the middle was a good idea.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:17 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

MLB's blackout rules are so weird/stupid.

I'm able to watch tonight's game...but because it's being broadcast as a 'MLB.tv Exclusive' with neutral graphics (Brewers announcer) and everything. All of the other games going on right now are completely blacked out.

edit: Bedard is falling apart on the mound...never good to allow a home run to a guy who was 0 for 27 on the season.
edit2: Now he walks the pitcher...oi.

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 06-02-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old
06-02-2012, 08:27 PM
clefty
What?

Who the **** is Brooks Conrad?

Old
06-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Great post. Don't forget that the Cubs have a payroll that's usually top 10 (or higher) in MLB. That takes some of the "I'm a Cubs fan, so I cheer for the lovable loser" sentiment out of it for me.
Definitely. Shows the management they've chosen has been crap as well. The whole thing needs to be blown up. New name, new stadium, better fan experience for the same or less money... build a tradition from something you can actually be proud of. What the Cubs do every year is the opposite of pride in a franchise / valuing fans.

Old
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM
DJ Spinoza

Watching the gameday in Germany since the game is on at a decent time here--I can see that Barmes is still godawful and that the Pirates on offense are still all about the idea of giving away outs.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:37 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

McClutchen strikes again. So hot right now.

Old
06-03-2012, 03:38 PM
bathroomSTAAL
The halcyon days

OH ****. Back to ****ing back!!

Old
06-03-2012, 03:40 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator

Back to ****ing back by Cutch and Jones...love it. Both with two outs thanks to an extremely rare hit by James McDonald. Retire 10 in a row, get a base hit, score on a home run...that's the way to help your cause, J-Mac.

Closed Thread