HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edmonton-Columbus (NO FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICKS ALLOWED)

Old
06-01-2012, 09:45 PM
Xoggz22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Id rather see a deal like this:

To Clb: Gagner
To Edm: Tyutin + 3rd
Huh? Did you forget the smiley? Unless this is a backhanded slap at the OP....

Xoggz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:48 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Paajarvi for Jenner straight up!

lets get that paperwork signed!!

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Paajarvi for Jenner straight up!

lets get that paperwork signed!!
Are you serious. I'll take paarjarvi everyday.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Are you serious. I'll take paarjarvi everyday.
Jenner adds toughness on the future top six my friend.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Jenner adds toughness on the future top six my friend.
I imagine you thought the same thing about Ryan O'Marra once upon a time. Jenner will never be a top 6 player. I like the guy's game, but he'll be a 3rd line C at absolute best (honestly I don't see much for offence there).

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I imagine you thought the same thing about Ryan O'Marra once upon a time. Jenner will never be a top 6 player. I like the guy's game, but he'll be a 3rd line C at absolute best (honestly I don't see much for offence there).
I was never sold on O'marra and you can't compare O'marra to Jenner quite yet. O'marra is brutal and Jenner possesses ambition.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
I was never sold on O'marra and you can't compare O'marra to Jenner quite yet. O'marra is brutal and Jenner possesses ambition.
I'll take a guess you are basing your opinions of Jenner off WJC last year (unless you're trying to tell me you've watched all his OHL games). Was he impressive in his role? Yes. What was his role? 3rd/4th line defensive forward/energy guy. O'Marra actually got some 2nd line minutes on a line with Cogliano at the WJC as well as doing all the same things Jenner did (kill penalties, hit a ton, take important draws, etc.).

My point is, just because he did some nice things in that tourney hardly guarantees NHL success. And where you see this top 6 potential is beyond me. Would I like to have Jenner in our prospect pool? Absolutely, but not at the cost of Gagner.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
I'll take a guess you are basing your opinions of Jenner off WJC last year (unless you're trying to tell me you've watched all his OHL games). Was he impressive in his role? Yes. What was his role? 3rd/4th line defensive forward/energy guy. O'Marra actually got some 2nd line minutes on a line with Cogliano at the WJC as well as doing all the same things Jenner did (kill penalties, hit a ton, take important draws, etc.).

My point is, just because he did some nice things in that tourney hardly guarantees NHL success. And where you see this top 6 potential is beyond me. Would I like to have Jenner in our prospect pool? Absolutely, but not at the cost of Gagner.
I said I would trade Paajarvi straight up for Jenner but yes I liked his physical presence at the world juniors and it may have been similar to O'marra's and we all know power forwards do take a bit longer to develop. O'marra will probably see a few more NHL games but I agree he is a bust and some power forwards are worth thw risk, Edmonton does need toughness upfront and it's not hard for some players exceed with talented players like RNH, Hall, Horcoff, Eberle and Yakupov .

Last edited by lakai17: 06-01-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
I said I would trade Paajarvi straight up for Jenner but yes I liked his physical presence at the world juniors and it may have been similar to O'marra's and we all know power forwards do take a bit longer to develop. O'marra will probably see a few more NHL games but I agree he is a bust and some power forwards are worth thw risk, Edmonton does need toughness upfront and it's not hard for some players exceed with talented players like RNH, Hall, Eberle or Hemsky .
Don't forget to add Yak!!!!

Draft Yak and keep Gagner for a season to see what he can do with two skilled players like Hemsky and Yakupov

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:30 AM
AmericanRocket91

Lydman and a 3rd for Gagner?

AmericanRocket91 is offline   Reply With Quote