HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012 NHL Entry Draft Talk Part 15

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 08:06 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

vCash: 500
I would draft Donskoi and invite Corbeil but you have to keep your expectations low with Corbeil. He could very well spend time in the ECHL before he dresses in the AHL.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan92 View Post
CBJ's GM looks very willing to deal. I think he would be stupid enough to flip his pick with TO, and Burke will take Galy out from under our nose. That will really piss me off.
I thought the same thing when he spoke. It was almost like he had already made up his mind.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:16 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
I would draft Donskoi and invite Corbeil but you have to keep your expectations low with Corbeil. He could very well spend time in the ECHL before he dresses in the AHL.
I wouldn't sign Corbeil. Habs have two goalies in basically the same situation he's i,n Delmas and Mayer. Signing him would simply add another "long time project who might turn out to be a back-up goalie". If you want to sign a goalie, go after Frederik Andersen, he's quite the goalie prospect, he's playing really well in the SEL.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:39 PM
Dr_Hook

Looking at that combine thing scealed it for me : I want Gally94 !!

I really wish Edm goes ahead and take the Dman, we need a center bad ! If the top2 goes Yakupov-Galchenyuk, I'll be so disappointed, at that point, I'd be thinking trading down a couple spots and adding a 2nd rounder.

Old
06-01-2012, 08:46 PM
noiro

I finally made my mind: Forsberg

'nuff said

#kthxbye

Old
06-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Takashi

If we were to hire Roy, it will be better to draft Grigorenko
I think he will be able to change the work ethic of grigs

Old
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakiHaque View Post
If we were to hire Roy, it will be better to draft Grigorenko
I think he will be able to change the work ethic of grigs
Or you draft someone whose work ethic doesn't need changing. The coach should NOT affect the choice at the draft.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Mrb1p

Oh my god Forsberg really scealed it today for me !!!!! I want him more than I ever did !!! God

Old
06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
EveryDay
Habs Prospect

One of Forsberg or Galchenyuk and i'm fine.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Oh my god Forsberg really scealed it today for me !!!!! I want him more than I ever did !!! God
It's those eyes, right?

After Edmonton takes Yakupov, Habs are left with either Galchenyuk or Forsberg. Honestly, this is such a great situation to be in. Even better if Columbus decides to select a defenseman in either Murray or Dumba. Imagine these boards, on draft day, if both Galchenyuk and Forsberg are available as the Habs make their pick.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=633573&print=true

Quote:
That obviously includes the top prospects playing in North America, but also the top European prospect -- Filip Forsberg of Leksand, who plays in Sweden's second tier of professional hockey.

"We've seen quite a bit of him," Timmins said. "Filip's played in all the international tournaments for Sweden and he plays in the Allsvenskan in the men's league for Leksand. So we've seen him quite often and I've got to know him quite well. I spent some time with him and his family up in Leksand. It's a very, very quality individual, he comes from a quality family; they're good people."

Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 PM
getyourselfsomerest

Leafs fan here, any chance the Habs pick Murray if he's available? I know Timmins has raved about Forsberg and Galchenyuk, but has there been any mention of Murray or Dumba or any other of the defensemen?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:04 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
"We've seen quite a bit of him," Timmins said. "Filip's played in all the international tournaments for Sweden and he plays in the Allsvenskan in the men's league for Leksand. So we've seen him quite often and I've got to know him quite well. I spent some time with him and his family up in Leksand. It's a very, very quality individual, he comes from a quality family; they're good people."
I think this is exactly the sort of thing I'd say if I had the 3rd pick and wanted Columbus to pick Forsberg so I could take Galchenyuk.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourselfsomerest View Post
Leafs fan here, any chance the Habs pick Murray if he's available? I know Timmins has raved about Forsberg and Galchenyuk, but has there been any mention of Murray or Dumba or any other of the defensemen?
None.

However, the media hasn't asked him either about the D's.

Timmins with some more glowing Forsberg quotes, first time he really speaks on Gally:

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...s-tres-serieux

Translation:

''They are special people. They have strong character and are very mature for their age in the way they communicate with people. They are certainly 2 high end prospects for this draft.''

Timmins not scared of their European roots:

''Galchenyuk has played in Canada the last 2 years while Forsberg is Swedish, who can be compared to Canadians. It's hard to compare both players, but when it comes to their character, they are very strong.''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
I thought the same thing when he spoke. It was almost like he had already made up his mind.
Thankfully Toronto does not have a 3rd or 4th rounder...they will likely be very hesitant to sacrifice their 2nd to move up.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 06-01-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
None.

However, the media hasn't asked him either about the D's.

Timmins with some more Galchenyuk and Forsberg quotes:

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...s-tres-serieux

Translation:

''They are special people. They have strong character and are very mature for their age in the way they communicate with people. They are certainly 2 high end prospects for this draft.''

''Galchenyuk has played in Canada the last 2 years while Forsberg is Swedish, they can be compared to Canadians. It's hard to compare both players, but when it comes to their character, they are very strong.''

Thankfully Toronto does not have a 3rd or 4th rounder...they will likely be very hesitant to sacrifice their 2nd to move up.
I think this is a situation where we see if Bergevin has the balls to make a move up to ensure he gets his guy, if your Howson and you've got Burke calling about the 2nd I'd call Montreal instantly and say He's offering this, best it. Knowing full well that both teams have the same players as there number 2. Personally I'd be willing to give up a 2nd to make sure we get it, (ideally Nashville's)

Old
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
SaskRinkRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
I think this is a situation where we see if Bergevin has the balls to make a move up to ensure he gets his guy, if your Howson and you've got Burke calling about the 2nd I'd call Montreal instantly and say He's offering this, best it. Knowing full well that both teams have the same players as there number 2. Personally I'd be willing to give up a 2nd to make sure we get it, (ideally Nashville's)
I wouldn't do it. If he wants to create a bidding war, I'll just take the guy that's left over. There is no way of being sure enough that either one will be better than the other. There are a lot of extremely good players to be had in the 2nd round.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:29 PM
Takashi

Can you guys do another poll, to see which prospect we want more now?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskRinkRat View Post
I wouldn't do it. If he wants to create a bidding war, I'll just take the guy that's left over. There is no way of being sure enough that either one will be better than the other. There are a lot of extremely good players to be had in the 2nd round.
Yeah, if Timmins is not trying to do a coverup with his interviews, he seems to equally like Gally and Forsberg (with Yakupov probably at the top of his list). Therefore, he knows he'll get one of them, so maybe that's why he talks more this year. That being said, it wouldn't be wise to move up to get the second pick.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:55 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbanged View Post
Would never be worth it over a 'maybe'. Anyone in the top ten could have the best career.

Plus Toronto would be offering a lot more to move from 5 to 2. We'd be idiots to try to beat it.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
Yeah, if Timmins is not trying to do a coverup with his interviews, he seems to equally like Gally and Forsberg (with Yakupov probably at the top of his list). Therefore, he knows he'll get one of them, so maybe that's why he talks more this year.
He praised Yakupov for his on ice game (obviously) and his intangibles/family twice recently - Thursday (interview on the Habs site) and last week (the interview with Leroux on the RDS video site).

So far it's 3 prospects he has pimped big time to the media...and we have the 3rd pick. Could be just the media not asking him questions about Grigo/Murray/Dumba/other ones though.

Is Timmins being pretty open about those 3 prospects enough info to keep the CBJ in a ''we have no idea who the Habs REALLY like, let's not risk trading down to 4 or 5 or 6'' mode? Maybe. Although one can wonder if they would bother translating Journal de Montréal quotes.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 06-01-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old
06-01-2012, 11:23 PM
poetryinmotion

Well at least I'm glad that the TT speculation is done and over with.

I mean really, so many of us were actually considering him at #3... yeikes.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:39 PM
OneSharpMarble

I would be very shocked if Timmins picked Forsberg just for the fact he doesn't seem to pay a lot of attention to Europe.

I will be happy with any of the top 3 myself. I just want it over with already.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:43 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I would be very shocked if Timmins picked Forsberg just for the fact he doesn't seem to pay a lot of attention to Europe.

I will be happy with any of the top 3 myself. I just want it over with already.
This is the highest pick Timmins has ever had so all we've seen in the past doesn't mean anything anymore...

Old
06-02-2012, 12:00 AM
habsfan92

What I did like from the interviews they (TSN) had with both Yak & Galch is that they said it is not their goal to just make the NHL, but to be top players in the league. Most players they interview are just happy to make it, and that is not where you should set the bar.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:11 AM
Game

Quick question here, I heard that Forsberg would be eligible to play in the AHL next year. Suppose the Habs draft him, would he play in Hamilton or in Sweden next year? What would be best?

Closed Thread