HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Devs Service Answers

vCash: 500
Don't know how many we'll get back...we'll see you tomorrlw

Old
06-01-2012, 07:53 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post
You're probably right...but with so much going on right now, I'd rather use our resources towards making sure the tix get in the right hands...than figuring out of there is recourse for going after these folks. I'm sure there is a but for now, at 90 bucks a pop, our lawyers would prob look at me w 10 heads if I asked them to research what rights we have to keep the $ based on an email saying they shouldn't sell them.

It's common courtesy of being a good person, which unfortunately not everyone is.
$90.00 is the minutely rate for the lawyers. You would be on solid ground not to refund the money but I understand your point on it.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:54 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
No, I don't think it's over the top. We can take those seats with no issues and put them on TM and get twice that per seat. We spend extra time getting it in the hands of fans who can't afford it otherwise...to give them a taste. We explicitly called out on the email that this is for them and NOT for resale...and SH managers told me that teams do this all the time in special sections.

Bottom line we're trying to do well by the fans and if someone is disgusting enough (sorry for the harsh language but it's how I feel)...to crush the dreams of a college kid who wants to go to a Scf game...because that person wants to make 90 bucks after fees? Then yes...even if I have to stay uP all night doin it, I'm going to make sure the tix get in the hands of the fans they were intended for.
I've been following this thread since the initial SCF pre-sale and have to say the Devils organization and DSA especially should be proud of how they are handling this whole process. As a primary Isles fan I can tell you it is refreshing to see a team wanting to build and support its fan base instead of treating them like an afterthought.

I will be going to game 5 and appreciate the information shared by all those in this thread and the help DSA provided.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Devils86

Terrace Tables up on Stub Hub...I remember the first year, we'd get to the Rock early and just sit there.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:58 PM
manisback121

Quote:
No, I don't think it's over the top. We can take those seats with no issues and put them on TM and get twice that per seat. We spend extra time getting it in the hands of fans who can't afford it otherwise...to give them a taste. We explicitly called out on the email that this is for them and NOT for resale...and SH managers told me that teams do this all the time in special sections.

Bottom line we're trying to do well by the fans and if someone is disgusting enough (sorry for the harsh language but it's how I feel)...to crush the dreams of a college kid who wants to go to a Scf game...because that person wants to make 90 bucks after fees? Then yes...even if I have to stay uP all night doin it, I'm going to make sure the tix get in the hands of the fans they were intended for.
Also marketing toward future STHs. Treat future customers right. And, btw this is a good cross section because we have mouths and talk, word spreads that this guy is putting himself out there.

Here's a guy who reports to the big man and managed to sell this marketing tool out there.

OT: is terry farmer still there? I remember years ago when she was in the box office and helped me out big time.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
I've been following this thread since the initial SCF pre-sale and have to say the Devils organization and DSA especially should be proud of how they are handling this whole process. As a primary Isles fan I can tell you it is refreshing to see a team wanting to build and support its fan base instead of treating them like an afterthought.

I will be going to game 5 and appreciate the information shared by all those in this thread and the help DSA provided.
As I said in the previous thread.. I was a full season ticket holder from 1989-2010 It is night and day how the Devils deal with the ticket holders. I totally agree with you.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:49 PM
leftwing

As I said I didn't expect my post to be popular. A few follow on points on the intervening responses.

Some of the rhetoric and name calling is demonstrative of the 'over the top' mentality I reference.

No way this board is representative of the fan base in total. Participation here is a highly self selecting group. One also need only scan these threads to come up with a demographic that is fairly consistent on the board but not necessarily in the arena.

I like all the lawyers practicing without a degree. An email is not legally binding. Given that, oNe can not simply act punitively with hindsight capriciously. Going forward, delete these people off of every list, don't even let them purchase ST at five times regular costs. Doesn't matter to me, totally the devils purview. The easiest solution for this round was for the devils to block the resale at SH in advance. They didn't, their bad.

As I said I don't like these resellers either. This situation is analogous to me however of situations the ACLU takes on. While I would prefer the outcome arrived at, the means aren't right.

No one else feels funny that a large corporation is using its size and market strength to force an Internet company to divulge confidential names? Maybe it's my educational and libertarian background. Feels a little creepy to me.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
No one else feels funny that a large corporation is using its size and market strength to force an Internet company to divulge confidential names? Maybe it's my educational and libertarian background. Feels a little creepy to me.
I didnt comment, but I was pretty surprised that Stubhub releases personal information of sales. In fact, I thought I'd heard exactly the opposite, i.e. that they don't do that. Especially since they're the same company as EBAY, and I happen to know for a fact that EBAY goes to extremes to protect identity.

Of course, I'm no lawyer, so maybe because the Devils "own" the ticketing rights perhaps they're legally entitled to that information, but I wouldnt have thought so. I mean, what if we were talking about tickets to a play with.... ummm...... questionable content? Would a business that hosted the performance be entitled to secondary market info? Seems pretty weird. I have to agree with you on the creepiness factor there.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:57 PM
leftwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
As I said in the previous thread.. I was a full season ticket holder from 1989-2010 It is night and day how the Devils deal with the ticket holders. I totally agree with you.
And I agree with this.

The two are different issues. You can, as I do, believe that devilS and dsa areDoing an extraordinary job and still feel a little queasy on this last action.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:05 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
And I agree with this.

The two are different issues. You can, as I do, believe that devilS and dsa areDoing an extraordinary job and still feel a little queasy on this last action.
Meh, I dont care what DSA did, so much as I'm surprised at what Stubhub did.

As for the other situation he described where the broker was buying ahead of the email release? Were I him I'd pursue that to the n'th degree, even if the revenue involved were only $100, just on principal (would uber pizz me off if I were in his shoes).

Old
06-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Tarkir66

Quote:
As I said I didn't expect my post to be popular. A few follow on points on the intervening responses.

Some of the rhetoric and name calling is demonstrative of the 'over the top' mentality I reference.

No way this board is representative of the fan base in total. Participation here is a highly self selecting group. One also need only scan these threads to come up with a demographic that is fairly consistent on the board but not necessarily in the arena.

I like all the lawyers practicing without a degree. An email is not legally binding. Given that, oNe can not simply act punitively with hindsight capriciously. Going forward, delete these people off of every list, don't even let them purchase ST at five times regular costs. Doesn't matter to me, totally the devils purview. The easiest solution for this round was for the devils to block the resale at SH in advance. They didn't, their bad.

As I said I don't like these resellers either. This situation is analogous to me however of situations the ACLU takes on. While I would prefer the outcome arrived at, the means aren't right.

It is illegal to use any sort of program to bypass ticketmaster security features. If this is what was done to obtain the tickets, as DSA suggests, then any action taken against the brokers who did so is justified.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Devils86

Quote:
And I agree with this.

I still disagree with you...If they put rules on a purchase they should be able to enforce the rules. Those who bought the tickets were aware of these conditions. The relationship in many ways with Stub Hub is symbiotic. If you look on a ticket there are lots of conditions in fine print. They should have not just looked the other way.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post

As for the other situation he described where the broker was buying ahead of the email release? Were I him I'd pursue that to the n'th degree, even if the revenue involved were only $100, just on principal (would uber pizz me off if I were in his shoes).
Do we know what Stub Hub did,,The Devils know who the original purchaser was. They know the locations sold. They provide said locations to Stub Hub who intern void any sales with those locations. No cross sales information is provided except for the location of the seat purchased,

Old
06-01-2012, 10:19 PM
leftwing

Quote:

Not slamming dsa at all. If you re-read my original post I offered my opinion as a 'yellow flag' for him for his benefit. Given my outlier status on the demographic curve of this board (way too old) I felt the emotion of the younger crew building and going to not good places.

Agree with you on the other point. Still a head scratcher though how at the source, presale, the same tickets can end up on SH and primary. That ought to be good for some tin hat theories.

What section are you in for the games?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
sbresistor

I probably missed it but, when did anyone say that Stubhub gave out personal information?

seat information of what has sold isn't personal

also, as leftwing points out, the best solution would have to prevented resale on Stubhub somehow (willcall?)
for, noone can say with 100% certainty who listed/ sold those tickets on Stubhub and how they obtained the tickets...unless of course they DID provide the personal info

Old
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Do we know what Stub Hub did,,The Devils know who the original purchaser was. They know the locations sold. They provide said locations to Stub Hub who intern void any sales with those locations. No cross sales information is provided except for the location of the seat purchased,
Gotcha, I misunderstood then.

It would surprise me if Stubhub was giving out personal purchaser info.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:30 PM
leftwing

Quote:
Not true. My understanding is that the devs didn't have the seat locations and that is what they got From SH. I also punched up those listings, no seats were listed. Without the seat locations devs don't know who the seller is.

Before the PSL at the Giants it was well advertised that if you sold your tix they would yank your season license. SH was always a very secure place to go and the listings could be done without seat numbers. Season after the PSLs one couldn't list without seat numbers.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:31 PM
manisback121

Quote:

If you analyze the terms and conditions on the back "or on the cover of the ticket there is a pretty generic catch all clause that you are bound by additional conditions. Plus if you choose to accept the terms set Re: resale beforehand, you set the devils to have a good argument that you consented to it, the team retains the right to cancel tickets and refund, etc. I know the ACLU won't touch it because a: the case is prime fodder for a summary judgment motion and b: if you're an ass who's going to buy cheap seats when an email and Ticketmaster terms restrict itbjust for profit to bypass the true intent, you're ****ed with a jury.

In NJ, the case as an effected party with damages, would necessitate a jury as the plaintiff's attorney retained by ACLU would scope the brokers and create a class of plaintiffs for more fees (plus the brokers would claim lost business income) if the case is in state court, the venue would be defendant's residence, Essex county.

Essex county jury would see some ******* taking advantage of an offer to get poor college kids in the building with an organization doing the right thing and those bleeding hearts will award on the potential counterclaim for Eric's employees' work, time spent, resources, etc to police this.

If brokers are from out of state, there would be a class claim in federal court (diversity jurisdiction) and the same result would happen depending upon where the jury's pulled...it may come out of the third circuit after nasty trial; as federal cases do not typically goto interlocutory appeals.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
leftwing

Quote:
Gotcha, I misunderstood then.

It would surprise me if Stubhub was giving out personal purchaser info.
ActuAlly good point. Less egregious if SH provided seat locations but still.....

I would have expected SH to say to the devs 'If you want to cancel tix give us the seat numbers' rather than have the devs go in and say we want the seat numbers of these rows and btw cancel these tix.

See my post above on the Giants.

I'm more interested in dsa's well being. I read this thread with my employers' glasses on and just cringed.....

Old
06-01-2012, 10:46 PM
leftwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by manisback121 View Post
If you analyze the terms and conditions on the back "or on the cover of the ticket there is a pretty generic catch all clause that you are bound by additional conditions. Plus if you choose to accept the terms set Re: resale beforehand, you set the devils to have a good argument that you consented to it, the team retains the right to cancel tickets and refund, etc. I know the ACLU won't touch it because a: the case is prime fodder for a summary judgment motion and b: if you're an ass who's going to buy cheap seats when an email and Ticketmaster terms restrict itbjust for profit to bypass the true intent, you're ****ed with a jury.

In NJ, the case as an effected party with damages, would necessitate a jury as the plaintiff's attorney retained by ACLU would scope the brokers and create a class of plaintiffs for more fees (plus the brokers would claim lost business income) if the case is in state court, the venue would be defendant's residence, Essex county.

Essex county jury would see some ******* taking advantage of an offer to get poor college kids in the building with an organization doing the right thing and those bleeding hearts will award on the potential counterclaim for Eric's employees' work, time spent, resources, etc to police this.

LOL. Not suggesting the ACLU or anyone would or should have a legal action.

Brought up the ACLU as a reference. In their cases I usually find myself supporting the outcome of the named party, but despite that agree with the action when the means to get to that desired outcome crossed the line.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:48 PM
Edr1971

Quote:
ActuAlly good point. Less egregious if SH provided seat locations but still.....

I would have expected SH to say to the devs 'If you want to cancel tix give us the seat numbers' rather than have the devs go in and say we want the seat numbers of these rows and btw cancel these tix.

See my post above on the Giants.

I'm more interested in dsa's well being. I read this thread with my employers' glasses on and just cringed.....

I think more importantly we should all be happy that the organization wants to offer discount tix to specific groups. And if the work DSA is doing with SH to make sure that the org does not take this luxury away I am all for it.
Let's not forget they don't have to do any of this including day of game tix for the SCF (could you imagine James Dolan and the Rangers/Knicks doing this?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:53 PM
sbresistor

whatever happens with the ACLU suit, please let's agree to leave Al Sharpton out of this

the race of the college ticket buyer is not an issue!

Old
06-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Edr1971

SH prices game 2

Boy it is pretty amazing how the "pricing experts" from game 1 have been quiet today as the market price on SH has stayed consistent if not rising. Maybe Presale "idiots" were not as stupid after all. Yeah it would have been nice to have sth pricing but not option for me

Old
06-01-2012, 10:55 PM
leftwing

Good night guys.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:06 PM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edr1971 View Post
Boy it is pretty amazing how the "pricing experts" from game 1 have been quiet today as the market price on SH has stayed consistent if not rising. Maybe Presale "idiots" were not as stupid after all. Yeah it would have been nice to have sth pricing but not option for me
The price experts were just looking at game 1 and game 2...not the total cost of the series..and if fact I bought 3 in the balcony around 5 PM Thurs for 200w/fees thats 150 less than the pre sale. So the argument still holds. Everyone knows if Game 5 or 7 was a devils clincher the prices would be exorbitant. I tried for 2 hours for Game 7 never got a sniff.

Closed Thread