HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mon - Chi

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 09:57 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
You're ignoring one fundamental: Kane is a party animal. Can you imagine him in Montreal? Forget about it.
I do see that. However take a look at Richards and Carter. They got seriously complacent and entitled in Philly. Trading them was a rude awakening, and seems like it has woken them up. I'd say the same for Pat Kane. He will move into Montreal with zero foundation, or connections. However the off season is another story.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:46 AM
WeeBey

The worst part about this trade isn't that the Hawks get bent over. It's that the Habs bend them over, and somehow don't improve at all really.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
HawksTillDeath

how can chicago trade kane without getting price

Chi - Price, Subban

Mtl - Kane, Hjalmarsson

at least thats evenish

Old
06-01-2012, 10:57 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post

Chi - Price, Subban

Mtl - Kane, Hjalmarsson

at least thats evenish
Like hell it is. IT better be Towes + Kane for Price + Subban.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
WeeBey

Quote:

Chi - Price, Subban

Mtl - Kane, Hjalmarsson

at least thats evenish
Awful for the Habs.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
You must despise Kane then.
Well, I am not the biggest Kane supporter, that's for sure.

But, Kane has nothing on Subban, at least Kane keeps his antics away from the ice surface, you know, where the game is actually played?

Old
06-01-2012, 12:11 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post

But, Kane has nothing on Subban, at least Kane keeps his antics away from the ice surface, you know, where the game is actually played?
lol...antics...

Old
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

I'd actually rather deal with Subban's so-called "antics" on the ice than having a problem child off the ice. What you call Subban's antics are actually very minuscule in comparison to the off-ice, drinking and partying issue of one of your key players... at least in my opinion.

Old
06-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
I'd actually rather deal with Subban's so-called "antics" on the ice than having a problem child off the ice. What you call Subban's antics are actually very minuscule in comparison to the off-ice, drinking and partying issue of one of your key players... at least in my opinion.
So you would rather have a problem child on the ice, then off of it?

His off ice antics happen in the offseason, Subbans antics happen during the season..big difference to me.

Old
06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
So you would rather have a problem child on the ice, then off of it?

His off ice antics happen in the offseason, Subbans antics happen during the season..big difference to me.
You seem to have this misconception that Subban is a problem child. This clearly shows that you have no idea of what's going on in Montreal with Subban.

He got into a couple of scuffles for practicing too hard and the recipient didn't appreciate it. I'll take that any day!

Old
06-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
You seem to have this misconception that Subban is a problem child. This clearly shows that you have no idea of what's going on in Montreal with Subban.

He got into a couple of scuffles for practicing too hard and the recipient didn't appreciate it. I'll take that any day!
..its not a misconception. Quite a few NHLers have come forward talking about how he is disrepectful, on top of that, he constantly whines, dives, turtles, cheap shots, and acts like he's the next coming of Jesus.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
..its not a misconception. Quite a few NHLers have come forward talking about how he is disrepectful, on top of that, he constantly whines, dives, turtles, cheap shots, and acts like he's the next coming of Jesus.
I haven't seen him whine. His cheapshots include slewfoots. Other than that, never suspended. Saying he thinks he's the next coming of jesus is just showing you sensationalizing the issue. In reality, Subban is a quality guy off the ice who plays the game with a ton of excitement. Granted, he plays with some immaturity.

He's been asked before why he 'turtles'. He laughed, said when he wants to fight, he'll fight. He's not gonna fight because the boston bruins can't take a big hit or something. What for? This whole misconception that a guy who hits needs to fight is kind of moronic. Toews had 32 hits this year, hasn't fought in 2 years. Granted, he's a true professional and I like Toews and don't mean to suggest he has to fight. Just pointing out, you read crap media and sensationalize it even more to the point a guy who just plays hockey, with no suspensions is deemed a cheapshot artist who refuses to back up his 'game'.

In fact, I was VERY impression with Adam larsson. Subban knocked him down in a huge hit and adam came by and gave subban a tap saying it's okay. A swede can respect a big hit, but the canadian players have a hard time dealing with it. Funny how that works. lol

In any case, don't believe everything you hear. Saying things you do makes me think you listened to boston fans or read too many newspapers. Here comes the "but I watched him!" lol

Anyway, not trying to pick on you, but again, don't believe it all.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:27 PM
WeeBey

Quote:
..its not a misconception. Quite a few NHLers have come forward talking about how he is disrepectful,
Anyone else besides a butt-hurt Mike Richards?

Quote:
on top of that, he constantly whines,
Not really, no.

Quote:
dives,
No more than most players in this leage (P. Kane included)

Quote:
turtles,
Why should he have to fight every time he lays out a clean hit on some cry baby Bruin?

Quote:
cheap shots,
I'll concede this fact. I'd like him to knock off the slew foots. (You're 1 for 5 by the way.)

Quote:
and acts like he's the next coming of Jesus.
bahaha

In every interview I've seen him in, he's been nothing but humble. Just because he has a personality, unlike 99% of NHL players, doesn't mean he thinks he's "the next coming of Jesus." Playing with confidence isn't the same as playing with an ego.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

Chi - Price, Subban

Mtl - Kane, Hjalmarsson

at least thats evenish
Not even remotely close. Montreal says "no" so fast Bowman's ear ruptures.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:15 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Like hell it is. IT better be Towes + Kane for Price + Subban.
Terrible. Just terrible. Wow. Terrible.

Toews AND Kane > Price AND Subban

And I'm very high on Price.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Terrible. Just terrible. Wow. Terrible.

Toews AND Kane > Price AND Subban

And I'm very high on Price.
You're either lying about being high on Price or this must be some sort of "Toews' intangibles" doing yet again?

Old
06-01-2012, 11:22 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
You're either lying about being high on Price or this must be some sort of "Toews' intangibles" doing yet again?
Price has won a Conn Smythe and been named the best player at his position in the Olympics? Oh right I forgot, Price lead a team to one playoff series victory and hasn't been named to an Olympic team yet.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:28 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Price has won a Conn Smythe and been named the best player at his position in the Olympics? Oh right I forgot, Price lead a team to one playoff series victory and hasn't been named to an Olympic team yet.
Price and Toews were both part of a Gold medal victory, or have you forgotten that little fact? They were the two best players on that winning squad.

And since then Toews was on a much better team since graduation than Price, but they are both the face of their current franchise.

It's simple really, If you are asking for Subban be prepared to deal Kana and Price is on your need list then Toews what we would want in return. Kaythanks.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:30 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Price and Toews were both part of a Gold medal victory, or have you forgotten that little fact? They were the two best players on that winning squad.

And since then Toews was on a much better team since graduation than Price, but they are both the face of their current franchise.
I don't care about Juniors... Toews was the best forward at the Olympics. The tournament with the best players in the world. Carey Price was not selected to be a part of that team...

Much better? Price entered a team that finished 1st in the East upon graduation whereas Toews entered a non-playoff team. Price was also on a team that upset Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs in 2010.. but only after Price was benched in favor of Jaroslav Halak.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:32 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
I don't care about Juniors... Toews was the best forward at the Olympics. The tournament with the best players in the world. Carey Price was not selected to be a part of that team...
He will be starting for the 2014 team, book it.

And there are only 3 goaltending options available, tons for forwards. And rookie goaltenders usually sit out that tourney, means nothing.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:33 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
He will be starting for the 2014 team, book it.
Wouldn't bet against him. Toews will be on that team though too and Kane will be asked to play a huge role for Team USA.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:36 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Much better? Price entered a team that finished 1st in the East upon graduation whereas Toews entered a non-playoff team. Price was also on a team that upset Washington and Pittsburgh in the playoffs in 2010.. but only after Price was benched in favor of Jaroslav Halak.
Boy you are really incoherent in your arguments, just all over the place. Price has not had as much help as Toews did with the Hawks, one team was going to the top, the other plummeting. Price and Halak were (are) very good at hiding its deficiencies.

Closed Thread