HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luke Adam + Brayden McNabb packaged to Edmonton?

Old
06-01-2012, 10:02 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
the sabres main weakness is center. Currently anyways adam is a center...trading rookie allstar centerman for wingers doesnt do much for us....we are terrible trade partners
he's been playing left wing in the pro's for a while bud, we bring him to Edmonton and we'll slot him as our 2nd line center.

Paajarvi use to play defence back in his minor league days, so who knows what the Sabres can do with him but at the end of the day he'd probably be your fastest skater.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
McTank

vCash: 500
Alright McNabb is a no no but id move adam in a deal for omark or MPS

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Alright McNabb is a no no but id move adam in a deal for omark or MPS
you know what!? we'll send you Omark for Adam.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:38 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
he's been playing left wing in the pro's for a while bud, we bring him to Edmonton and we'll slot him as our 2nd line center.

Paajarvi use to play defence back in his minor league days, so who knows what the Sabres can do with him but at the end of the day he'd probably be your fastest skater.
whos been playing LW in the pro's for awhile now?

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 10:56 PM
McTank

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
Brayden McNabb is the next Dion Phaneuf.
I hope not

McTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:57 PM
rockinghockey

EDM doesn't need to add more prospects, we will add enough at this years draft. Keep Yak, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Smid, and Petry and trade anything else to up grade the defense.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:25 AM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
my argument was that trading for 2 young impact defense-man would make Leo and/or weber even more expendable than they are already now. Likewise I went on to point out that if Leo or weber were not traded this season then next season their respective salaries of 4 and 1 million could be let go in exchange for two elc's....creating an influx of around 2-3 million dollars in salary along with RR's 4 million and roy's 4-5 mill giving us a legit shot at going after a center free agent like Getzlaf.

I have said before and I'll say it again...Pegula's 3 year plan is exactly that....next year, potentially the free agent center crop is the best in decades perhaps and we have every chance to finally clear cap and throw money at a franchise center......if the cost is gaining young defensive depth by trading mcnabb and letting weber and leo and RR walk then so be it cuz we'd have klefbom,teubert,leduc,pysyk,brennan etc....

ps schiestel seems to be as good as gone and if he ever makes an nhl impact ill eat crow. Likewise from watching guys like Biega and Finley here in rochester our secondary defense prospects are not nhl ready...
Yeah but like I said before, that's irrelevant because we can still have 2 guys or more on ELC's on our defense if we wanted to, McNabb and any of the others I've listed before. It's a bit of a stretch to consider Teubert making an impact as well considering he hasn't done anything yet. It's way too far ahead to be worrying about next year's free agent class when a bunch of those players can get resigned still. We already have plenty of young defensive depth and a lack of offensive depth so it doesn't make any sense to me especially when McNabb brings a unique skillset to our team.

And while Schiestel struggled mightily last season after the knee injuries, there was a time not too long ago he was right up there with McNabb and Pysyk in our farm rankings and would have been called up plenty last season if not for re-injury. While it's not clear if he can ever get back on track, I'm certainly not sticking a fork in him. Leo makes 3 btw not 4.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
I hope not
Honestly, the only bad thing about Phaneuf is his contract. If you could pay him 4.5 and let him mature as a risk taking second pairing guy with the potential to learn the smarts to play shut down minutes...

Also, I really can't think of a good comparable besides Dion. Big, fantastic hitter, monster slapshot, a bit slow of foot/not the best instincts.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:37 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
EDM doesn't need to add more prospects, we will add enough at this years draft. Keep Yak, Hall, Eberle, RNH, Smid, and Petry and trade anything else to up grade the defense.
Luke Adam isn't considered a prospect anymore and he is what one calls NHL ready.