HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Eric Brewer (clicker beware)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2003, 01:07 PM
gretzky2kurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Grrr! you guys piss me off sometimes whining about one Oiler to another. We just came home with a successful road trip and its two days since the Heritage Classic and off we go with another player-griping session.
Actually that's not true. I usually just stick to whining about Brewer and Laraque. This is nothing new for g2k. At least you can call me consistant.

You might notice I haven't logged onto anti-horcoff.com, I have been very careful about Salo too. I've bit my tongue about Isbister and Chimera on a consistant basis. I've yet to break my promise about being critical about MacT until about Christmas (if even warranted).

This thread generally supports Brewer with the exception of myself and a couple others.

I take exception to your accusation towards me. On the other hand I could give a crap whether it bothers you.

By the way I didn't get the memo on the "moment of silence" following the Heritage Classic. Sorry

Old
11-24-2003, 02:48 PM
Mr Sakich

if anyone is watching the leafs / canucks game, you have seen the classic example of growing pains by a young stud dman. Jovo tries a cute play as the last man in his zone and turns the puck over. It bounces into the corner where him and roberts scrap for possesion. Roberts beats him clearly and the puck goes to another leaf. The leaf takes the puck to the net. Jove leaves roberts even though he is the only other leaf this side of centre ice. Roberts skates from behind the net and scores an easy goal on the rebound.

3 huge mistakes by jovo in a row resulting in an early leaf lead. I wonder if there will be any "whats wrong with jovo?" threads tomorrow.

Old
11-24-2003, 03:02 PM
Hemmer

The facts:

Brewer hasn't been playing as well as he should.

Brewer is under some pressure as the go-to-guy on D.

Brewer has not progressed.

The fans are angry.

Lowe looks like a bit of a knob signing him to that contract

The hopes:

Brewer is still young and still developing.

Once he gets used to the mantle of #1, Brewer will be ok.

Brewer will pan out to be a solid d-man, once he gets his head on straight.

The reality:

Brewer has the next 60 games to decide his future as an Edmonton Oiler.

Is that too much time?

Old
11-25-2003, 12:19 PM
OYLer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemmer
The reality:

Brewer has the next 60 games to decide his future as an Edmonton Oiler.

Is that too much time?
I agree with your whole post but especially the bit quoted. Mostly though I think your avatar is very creative and funny.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:05 PM
Hemmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
I agree with your whole post but especially the bit quoted. Mostly though I think your avatar is very creative and funny.

Thanks OYLer! Coming from you, that means alot.

Especially the creative part :p

Old
11-25-2003, 09:35 PM
Walsher

Bottom line - Brewer is underachieveing at the worst possible time. He hasn't panned out anywhere near peoples expectations and his development has been painful at times to watch. His mistakes are so glaring and costly. When I watch him handle the puck I cringe and wonder how he has any upside at all. I realize he is big and fast with reasonable sense of the game - but his puckskills are aweful and decision making even worse. Brutal passes, bad reverses of the puck and constantly skating himself back into trouble. His growing pains are getting long in the tooth and with his experience when is potential maxed out?

Closed Thread