HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Comrie for prospects doesn't seem bad to me

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2003, 07:37 PM
elphy101

vCash: 500
Comrie for prospects doesn't seem bad to me

With Oates being about to draw into the lineup. The Oilers look like they could have 3 solid scoring lines and a great checking line especially when Reasoner gets back. This is the potential lineup I think they should ice.

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Oates Salmolainen
Isbister Stoll Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani

Pressbox Horcoff, Laraque, Chimera

That is quite scary. The three players sitting in the pressbox would be everyday players on almost every NHL team. Then you also have Rita playing down in the AHL as well.

No wonder Lowe is thinking about trading Comrie for prospects.

Even on the Oilers defense who do you take out if they acquire an NHL defensemen. (other than simply replacing Ferguson with Semenov)
I think Brewer, Cross, Staois, Smith, Bergeron and Semenov is a solid top 6. Ferguson is the perfect 7th defensemen.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:48 PM
Fender

I don't really have a problem with it either. The rumored prospects being forwards kinda turns me off though. I think that we have plenty of decent forward prospects in the system.

A very solid d-man prospect (kinda like the Reinprecht/Ballard deal) maybe even with a low round pick thrown in is what I would like to see in return if KLowe has had to lower his asking price.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:52 PM
Walsher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphy101
With Oates being about to draw into the lineup. The Oilers look like they could have 3 solid scoring lines and a great checking line especially when Reasoner gets back. This is the potential lineup I think they should ice.

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Oates Salmolainen
Isbister Stoll Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani

That is quite scary. The three players sitting in the pressbox would be everyday players on almost every NHL team. Then you also have Rita playing down in the AHL as well.

No wonder Lowe is thinking about trading Comrie for prospects.

Even on the Oilers defense who do you take out if they acquire an NHL defensemen. (other than simply replacing Ferguson with Semenov)
I think Brewer, Cross, Staois, Smith, Bergeron and Semenov is a solid top 6. Ferguson is the perfect 7th defensemen.
Keep in mind that Oates is probably only a one year fix - then where are all the centermen. If the Oilers fail to get a proven NHL talent in return then it will be a huge dissapointment and waste of assets. Prospects won't cut it. I think this team is capable of competing, why not add more pieces to this puzzle rather than defering them to another. Their may not be a next season - or even another for that matter in Edmonton. The future is now as corny as that saying is.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:55 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Oates Salmolainen
Isbister Stoll Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani

Those forward lines need at least one more scorer to really scare people. And who knows what Isbister's gonna do? Not to mention Salmelainen isn't ready for that spot in the lineup.

Our d is okay, but you can always add another guy. A #3/4 would come in handy.

Like I said in another post, it's not about being 'good enough', it's about being as good as possible. There's opportunity here, and we have to capitalize. Make these kids learn about winning now, so it's 2nd nature and expected in their own minds within a year or two.

Old
11-25-2003, 07:58 PM
jadeddog

ive said it a million times now and im gonna keep saying it - we NEED a center just as badly now as we did before we signed oates

Old
11-25-2003, 08:00 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
ive said it a million times now and im gonna keep saying it - we NEED a center just as badly now as we did before we signed oates
Indeed we do. Supposedly TC can't be that guy either, he's quite possibly out for the year

Old
11-25-2003, 08:21 PM
Rafters

[QUOTE=elphy101]With Oates being about to draw into the lineup. The Oilers look like they could have 3 solid scoring lines and a great checking line especially when Reasoner gets back. This is the potential lineup I think they should ice.

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Oates Salmolainen
Isbister Stoll Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani

imagine if we could trade Comrie + for either Frolov or Chistov, and put them in for Salmo. That would be a very nice,balanced lineup, maybe even pickup Stefan or Kraft to help out at center if Reasoner is out long and Horcoff remains ineffective.

Old
11-25-2003, 09:41 PM
Chayos

[QUOTE=3991731]
Quote:

Torres York Dvorak
Smyth Oates Salmolainen
Isbister Stoll Hemsky
Moreau Reasoner Pisani

imagine if we could trade Comrie + for either Frolov or Chistov, and put them in for Salmo. That would be a very nice,balanced lineup, maybe even pickup Stefan or Kraft to help out at center if Reasoner is out long and Horcoff remains ineffective.

If we could get Chistov or Frolov straight up for comrie right now i would jump for joy, but i could see us having to include a pretty good player to get either of them. The other problem is they are both LW's and we are stacked at LW. Perry does give us a prospect at RW who could be3 a power Forward. I wouldn't be against this deal if we got Vishnevski as well, but without him included this deal just isn't good enough.

Closed Thread