HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part V

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 12:07 AM
Devils86

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
Good night guys.
GoodNight Left.....

Old
06-02-2012, 12:14 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edr1971 View Post
Boy it is pretty amazing how the "pricing experts" from game 1 have been quiet today as the market price on SH has stayed consistent if not rising. Maybe Presale "idiots" were not as stupid after all. Yeah it would have been nice to have sth pricing but not option for me

I dont recall anyone in this thread calling people stupid, but if you're defining "stupid" as, could have saved a helluva lot of money by not buying tickets in the presale, then, well, they were "stupid" at least for Game 1 and Game 2 so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils86 View Post
The price experts were just looking at game 1 and game 2...not the total cost of the series..and if fact I bought 3 in the balcony around 5 PM Thurs for 200w/fees thats 150 less than the pre sale. So the argument still holds. Everyone knows if Game 5 or 7 was a devils clincher the prices would be exorbitant. I tried for 2 hours for Game 7 never got a sniff.
Exactly. Not sure why anyone would consider tickets bought for individual games as if they had to be a part of an entire package, as if supply and demand for a Game 1 would be the exact same as for a Game 7. Makes no sense.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Boy it is pretty amazing how the "pricing experts" from game 1 have been quiet today as the market price on SH has stayed consistent if not rising. Maybe Presale "idiots" were not as stupid after all. Yeah it would have been nice to have sth pricing but not option for me
I paid less than $200 total for the first two games, lol yea I is dumb.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM
Mory Schneideur*
Mory's Better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensdevil View Post
I paid less than $200 total for the first two games, lol yea I is dumb.
How did you do that? SH, employee code?

Old
06-02-2012, 12:40 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

JV speaks of tickets

Quote:
Vanderbeek said that 95 percent of season ticket holders from 2011-12 have already renewed for next season after 84 percent renewed from last season. Vanderbeek also said that after adding roughly 2,000 season ticket holders for the 2011-12 season, the Devils have already added another 1,500 for 2012-13.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Devs Service Answers

To clarify on the SH questions. I provided SH with all of the locations sold on the group manager link...they looked up which ones of those were sold on their site. They let us know the locations.

We contacted the folks who sold to let them know - they are being refunded and will not be on presale lists moving forward (we were able to pull our own purchase data from the locations sold....SH did not provide us with this).

SH is then calling the buyers to try to find them alternate locations.

We are taking back the locations that were purchased on SH in 122 and will make a decision what to do with them, once we know the quantities tomorrow.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:00 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devs Service Answers View Post
To clarify on the SH questions. I provided SH with all of the locations sold on the group manager link...they looked up which ones of those were sold on their site. They let us know the locations.

We contacted the folks who sold to let them know - they are being refunded and will not be on presale lists moving forward (we were able to pull our own purchase data from the locations sold....SH did not provide us with this).

We are taking back the locations that were purchased on SH in 122 and will make a decision what to do with them, once we know the quantities tomorrow.
Do you get to sleep?

Old
06-02-2012, 01:04 AM
Devs Service Answers

With respect to whether again this was over the top or not, this was not a massive promo like - family packs or guys night out...was not during the regular season where the diff between discounted packages and single game tickets may not be AS large.

This was the SCF. Tickets were sold at $90...which anyone on that link clearly knew was not only a deal...but was a purposeful set price to make it affordable (to the point of well over 50 percent off for one of the highest demand games of the year).

For someone to take advantage of that - after numerous emails they have all been on having clearly stated the policy against resale, I think that is as wrong as it gets as a fan and as a person. I would make that decision 10x over. It's wrong...it's malicious...it's an attempt at slipping one by...it affects fans we care about protecting...and it should not be accepted.

We are not stopping capitalism...we are stopping a specific situation where a few bad eggs are attempting to ruin something special for a large group, because they want to make $90. That's ridiculous.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Devs Service Answers

Quote:
Do you get to sleep?
I've given up on sleep until the playoffs are over. Then you can find me in a cave for about a week

Old
06-02-2012, 01:15 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

I'll be tracking SH and TM tomorrow looking for a solid deal. With just over 600 tix available and the cheapest being 175 before fees, is there little chance that these prices get lower?

Old
06-02-2012, 01:19 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I'll be tracking SH and TM tomorrow looking for a solid deal. With just over 600 tix available and the cheapest being 175 before fees, is there little chance that these prices get lower?
I think the singles might drop..there are lots of them. I cant see the pairs going below 200..IMO

Old
06-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Singles are fine. You think theres a chance of 180 after fees?

Old
06-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Singles are fine. You think theres a chance of 180 after fees?
I noticed Game 1 many tickets were pulled about noon. So 10-12 is where I think you'll find the best bargain but I am far from an expert. I like to look whats behind the lowest price ones. I bought at 175 for 3 on Thurs. because I saw the balconies drying up in the under 200 range, Tho keep the twitter open thats how they announced the release of the TM ones for Game 1(138.50) for club seats,,,are ya kidding me. If you dont have a twitter I think you can follow the Devils twitter right from the Web site. Remember bigger demand on a Saturday night than a Wed.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Thanks.

Sucks that I have a game at 10 tomorrow morning so I wont be able to look in the time that you said could be the best but whatever...we'll see!

Old
06-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Thanks.

Sucks that I have a game at 10 tomorrow morning so I wont be able to look in the time that you said could be the best but whatever...we'll see!
Stub Hub App!

Old
06-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Stub Hub App!
Lol I'll be on the ice!

Old
06-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Devils86

Quote:
Lol I'll be on the ice!
In between periods or right after the game! You can put a price alert and check the phone to see if anything gets to that level and miss a shift, its worth it

Old
06-02-2012, 02:20 AM
Queensdevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
How did you do that? SH, employee code?
Waiting in the DOG line and the college offer.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:21 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
In between periods or right after the game! You can put a price alert and check the phone to see if anything gets to that level and miss a shift, its worth it
I didnt know that! Awesome.

Old
06-02-2012, 02:44 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:

Hahahaaha..... I dont know if you got into it with Stubhub but I think this means that the brokers/kids who pulled a fast one will be on the hook for the difference in price on the substitution of tickets, right? (assuming that is, that the tix sold on Stubhub)

I know that's how Stubhub works if there's an error in the listing (the lister is on the hook for the difference if the replacement tix are more expensive), so I'd imagine (though I'm unsure) that that might be how it works if the lister did something illegal or against the rules.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:27 AM
clarkyscrew

Quote:
With respect to whether again this was over the top or not, this was not a massive promo like - family packs or guys night out...was not during the regular season where the diff between discounted packages and single game tickets may not be AS large.

This was the SCF. Tickets were sold at $90...which anyone on that link clearly knew was not only a deal...but was a purposeful set price to make it affordable (to the point of well over 50 percent off for one of the highest demand games of the year).

For someone to take advantage of that - after numerous emails they have all been on having clearly stated the policy against resale, I think that is as wrong as it gets as a fan and as a person. I would make that decision 10x over. It's wrong...it's malicious...it's an attempt at slipping one by...it affects fans we care about protecting...and it should not be accepted.

We are not stopping capitalism...we are stopping a specific situation where a few bad eggs are attempting to ruin something special for a large group, because they want to make $90. That's ridiculous.
Impossible to answer definitively right now, but could you see this hurting possible future college tickets? As in, eliminating them.

Old
06-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

Quote:
Tho keep the twitter open thats how they announced the release of the TM ones for Game 1(138.50) for club seats,,,are ya kidding me.
Thanks for the heads up on this.

Old
06-02-2012, 07:34 AM
manisback121

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwing View Post
LOL. Not suggesting the ACLU or anyone would or should have a legal action.

Brought up the ACLU as a reference. In their cases I usually find myself supporting the outcome of the named party, but despite that agree with the action when the means to get to that desired outcome crossed the line.
You opened the can of worms for the real lawyer to tear your argument apart. The Devils legally covered their ass in NY and NJ.

As if you didn't know, lawyers write all the disclaimers out there...I think they know how to cover others' *****. They even have a guy with a law degree right in the office and, no its not PDB though he would be perfect haha.

Hey lefty, where are you admitted?

Old
06-02-2012, 08:04 AM
msuchyck
Rookie User

Helping someone from the HFBoards sell 2 tickets section 112 row 6 to tonight's game....priced at $275 each. PM me if you are interested.

Old
06-02-2012, 08:17 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 150
Quote:
Well I get as annoyed about the ob$e$$ion over the secondary market here as the next guy but in fairness, secondary market ticket prices are still a bit below presale prices and it's not like you had to buy 'all' the games during the presale. Almost anyone can recognize there's a difference in market value between a potential Cup-clincher and non-Cup clincher. Clearly the presale prices were above secondary market value for Games 1 and 2, though that might have changed for today if the Devils had won Game 1.

Like I said before the series though, it was almost impossible to predict where the line of demarcation was in terms of what would settle in to being market value. We hadn't been to a Cup Finals in nine years, and the secondary market back then was a lot more limited.

Closed Thread