HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2012, 12:59 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
Account def got hacked tonight. Logged in just in time I guess since only my gold was gone and my 60 was untouched. Changed my authenticator from the dial in to the mobile one (thought I already did at the beginning) and added the sms alert thing. Reported the person on my most recent players list since it was obviously them. A level 1 character with the name similar to akdaslk.

Oh well, luckily I didn't have that much at the time and my characters are the same.

Freakin hackers though.
Yep, that's what's been happening to most people, and it has nothing to do with authenticators or poor passwords...
Definitely looks like a leak on Blizz's side.

Did you ask for a roll back?

Last edited by Corto: 06-01-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old
06-01-2012, 01:39 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
I've yet to join a public game because of this hacking BS. Seems like it's a matter of "when" you'll get hacked, not "if"

06-01-2012, 06:34 AM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
Account def got hacked tonight. Logged in just in time I guess since only my gold was gone and my 60 was untouched. Changed my authenticator from the dial in to the mobile one (thought I already did at the beginning) and added the sms alert thing. Reported the person on my most recent players list since it was obviously them. A level 1 character with the name similar to akdaslk.

Oh well, luckily I didn't have that much at the time and my characters are the same.

Freakin hackers though.
Yep. Had the same thing happen to me. Logged in this morning and had 0 gold, last player some level 1 monk. Really gay since I finally got over a million in gold last night.

Last edited by Dugray: 06-01-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old
06-01-2012, 07:06 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugray View Post
Yep. Had the same thing happen to me. Logged in this morning and had 0 gold, last player some level 1 monk. Really gay since I finally got over a million in gold last night.
Yeah was a monk as well, probly the same person.

06-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Paradigm

Dial-In Auths only work for WoW; you need the keychain one or the mobile one.

If anyone in this thread still doesn't have one, do yourselves a favor and get one now. It's completely free if you have a smartphone or iPod.

Old
06-01-2012, 10:53 AM
DeathFromAbove

I've had the game since the midnight launch and here are my thoughts:

-For a game that's just launched, it's extremely polished with very few bugs. The only one minor one I notice is that you can't search for Attack Speed% for quivers.
-Despite being initially skeptical about the skill/rune system being too casual, I actually enjoy it. I don't miss the skill tree system at all. Nephalem valor is a great way to "lock" you into a build.
-The storytelling and dialog (especially with the bosses) is not good. Diablo 2 was mysterious, you weren't sure what awaited you at the end of an act. In D3 we have goofy "visions" that recycle the same "Your accomplishment X is irrelevant, I will defeat you with Y! Oh you defeated Y? Thats irrelevant because I have Z!". I cringed when the Skeleton King beckoned "YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME!".
-The chat system is strange. Why is it not consistent across Battlenet 2.0?
-Items in this game are very soulless. So far for me as a Demon Hunter it's been a simple matter of scouring the AH for gear that has slightly higher Dexterity than what I'm currently wearing. It's not interesting, and there's no sense of my character being more powerful when I do it.
-After just over 2 weeks I am unfortunately not sucked in like I was with D2. It's fun to play, but I don't find myself looking at the clock wondering where 4 hours went.

With all that being said, I never really considered D2 a "great" game until the expansion came out.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:25 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Got my first set item yesterday - Tal Rasha's Chest Armor. Sold it on the AH for 2 million in about 5 minutes. Still seems weird since my current armor is better and could probably be bought for 100k . People must just love set / legendaries despite their stats. This one puts me at 3 legendaries and 1 set piece.

All of these hacking reports are starting to worry me for sure. You would think Blizzard would be on top of this and figure out what is going on here.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Dugray
No Gifs This Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Dial-In Auths only work for WoW; you need the keychain one or the mobile one.

If anyone in this thread still doesn't have one, do yourselves a favor and get one now. It's completely free if you have a smartphone or iPod.
I`m going to go install a wireless router this afternoon so I can get it for my iPod Touch. Been meaning to get wifi installed at home for a while, but this gives me a good excuse to get it done now.

1 million gold isn`t much to lose, but it still sucks.

Old
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
I've had the game since the midnight launch and here are my thoughts:

-For a game that's just launched, it's extremely polished with very few bugs. The only one minor one I notice is that you can't search for Attack Speed% for quivers.
-Despite being initially skeptical about the skill/rune system being too casual, I actually enjoy it. I don't miss the skill tree system at all. Nephalem valor is a great way to "lock" you into a build.
-The storytelling and dialog (especially with the bosses) is not good. Diablo 2 was mysterious, you weren't sure what awaited you at the end of an act. In D3 we have goofy "visions" that recycle the same "Your accomplishment X is irrelevant, I will defeat you with Y! Oh you defeated Y? Thats irrelevant because I have Z!". I cringed when the Skeleton King beckoned "YOU WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME!".
-The chat system is strange. Why is it not consistent across Battlenet 2.0?
-Items in this game are very soulless. So far for me as a Demon Hunter it's been a simple matter of scouring the AH for gear that has slightly higher Dexterity than what I'm currently wearing. It's not interesting, and there's no sense of my character being more powerful when I do it.
-After just over 2 weeks I am unfortunately not sucked in like I was with D2. It's fun to play, but I don't find myself looking at the clock wondering where 4 hours went.

With all that being said, I never really considered D2 a "great" game until the expansion came out.
This could easily be added to my post about how some things in this game just aren't Diablo-y. This crap is just bad. Some of the dialogues seem like they were written and acted out by 12 year olds..like the flashback of Leoric getting stabbed, for instance. I don't think the story is any worse than Diablo 2's, but it is not presented well at all so it suffers.

Old
06-01-2012, 12:08 PM
XO

There's this guy called "Traeter" who's been trying to invite me to his game all the time and he have been doing it since like the day after release. I'm pretty sure he's a hacker so watchout for him.

Old
06-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Volcanologist
Habitual User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
This could easily be added to my post about how some things in this game just aren't Diablo-y. This crap is just bad. Some of the dialogues seem like they were written and acted out by 12 year olds..like the flashback of Leoric getting stabbed, for instance. I don't think the story is any worse than Diablo 2's, but it is not presented well at all so it suffers.
Yeah, it's absolutely awful.

The original Butcher, Duriel, Andariel etc. just said a few words to you, and it totally worked. I played a game called Skylanders with my son on his Wii, and the bad guy in that is sort of hamming it up to make fun of bad guys...yet Azmodan totally reminded me of him

Old
06-01-2012, 04:20 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Yep. It's not menacing, it's just goofy. Diablo shouldn't be a goofy experience.

Now...question: Can you still bind spells/abilities to keys? And if you switch one of the skills during battle, does it still make you wait for it to "charge" or whatever?

Old
06-01-2012, 04:28 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
IMO this game is too gear heavy. If PVP was available, a level 40 with epic gear can kick the **** out of a level 60 with not so good gear.

I've also been running around in Act I inferno with decent level 57-60 gears. Anytime I run into a group of elites or a champion, I die instantly if I try fighting, and if I try kiting I start losing health because "I'm taking too long to kill them".

I think I might stick around to see what the real currency AH has to offer. If there are enough rich kids to rip off on there, I might grind it out just a little more for some $$. Otherwise I'm done.
1. that's not true as you gain massive resistance boosts for anything at the same level or below your level. Thus why once you get to level 60 you can basically stroll walk through most of the game until inferno.

2. Where the F would a lvl 40 get the gear?

Old
06-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Killed inferno Diablo today. Solo barb all the way through. Diablo isn't so bad if you have enough life regeneration and life on hit, but Rakanoth is broken and Izual isn't all that fun. Since he can pretty much one-shot you, all you do is run around the circle, stun the boss once in a while, get three hits in and then run again. Tyrael probably does 75% of the damage that fight.

Old
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post

2. Where the F would a lvl 40 get the gear?
Same place a lvl 60 would, the AH.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:32 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Inferno mode does not feel rewarding - at all. Level's capped at 60, that's fine. Even the goombas of the monster murder you in 2-3 hits? Fine, whatever. But god do the drop rates suck.

I can't be bothered to kite some trio of elite monsters for 10-15 minutes just for 3 blue drops FFS.
thank you.

not in inferno yet but this is how i feel...

so mad at this game. its not like d2 where there were cool items that could make you teleport, have auras, etc. instead you work yur ass off to get a new helmet that reduces casting cost of hydras BY ONE.

and every actual upgrade of an item is just plus more damage, or plus more inteligence. thats it. everything is just slightly better.

the best item is just plus more stats than the medium items. no cool skills or stats.

what a lame excuse for a predecessor to d2

Old
06-02-2012, 01:00 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
If you recall, D2 wasn't a complete gear check. If you didn't have epic gear, you had certain classes/builds that you could still play perfectly well, like Hammerdin, Sorceress, or Trapasin. You wouldn't be quite as good as one with great gear, but you could play them well enough to farm for better gear.

You don't have that option in D3. Every single build of every single class is 100% gear checked. You either have to gear for inferno or you don't. If you don't, your only recourse is to buy it off the AH. A complementary problem is that the gear in D3 is so deathly boring. There isn't a single interesting stat in the whole damn game, they're all just numbers. And unless you find that perfect rare with +main stat, +vit, +all resists, it's worthless.

I haven't played in two days, and frankly I'm not sure when I'll get the urge to play again.
Zih... You have epitomized what i ahve been arguing about with my brother for hours.

The gear SUCKS. In D2 I could get an enigma and have my pally teleport, a CTA and I could do BO BC, Insights let me have auras, etc. In this game, there are like 7 stats, and thats it.

The skill bonuses are useless. I dont WANT -1 mana cost on hydras. Thats useless. I would want +10 hydra damage. Instead the only option to get stronger is just more intelligence. And strength and dexterity it practically useless to a wizard.

Even the best items are barely better than what my Wizard in Act 2 Hell have. They have like 50 more damage, and then a bunch of useless stats like strength and helth globe life.

The gear is boring...

Old
06-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

So I want to create a 3rd character. Which of the Witch Doctor, the Wizard and the Demon Hunter is the least squishy?

I know the Witch Doctor gets it's own pets, but to my understanding, they're weak as hell and don't really tank for the WD.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:56 AM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
So I want to create a 3rd character. Which of the Witch Doctor, the Wizard and the Demon Hunter is the least squishy?

I know the Witch Doctor gets it's own pets, but to my understanding, they're weak as hell and don't really tank for the WD.
I would go with a Wizard if I was rolling a new character but 95% (underestimate?) of those classes all go with a glass cannon build in inferno anyways so it probably doesn't matter.

Old
06-02-2012, 01:56 AM
wKetch22
Pure Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post

I would try the DH

I have a wizard and he is really easy to kill, very hard to solo with too.. Lots of running

DH's look pretty good....

Old
06-02-2012, 02:02 AM
Remedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wKetch22 View Post
I would try the DH

I have a wizard and he is really easy to kill, very hard to solo with too.. Lots of running

DH's look pretty good....
Wiz is ok... I am farming up to act2 inferno solo with fair bit of ease.. (I can clear the first half of act2 with relative ease)

I would personally roll a witch doc I think.. just cause it's so different. hah

Old
06-02-2012, 03:13 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

It seems I've spent the day trashing various elements of the game, so I'll take some time to praise other things.

1) Tyrael is a good damned character. The second I heard his voice I knew who he was, but that didn't matter. Tyrael rules.

2) I just fought an elite in a dungeon named Zuul. FANTASTIC reference.

Made my night.

Old
06-02-2012, 03:36 AM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Killed inferno Diablo today. Solo barb all the way through. Diablo isn't so bad if you have enough life regeneration and life on hit, but Rakanoth is broken and Izual isn't all that fun. Since he can pretty much one-shot you, all you do is run around the circle, stun the boss once in a while, get three hits in and then run again. Tyrael probably does 75% of the damage that fight.
Grats!

Old
06-02-2012, 10:17 AM
P U L L H A R D
Picca Slice

vCash: 420
Downloaded D2:LoD last night. More excited to play it than D3 nowadays.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:03 AM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
Same place a lvl 60 would, the AH.
Okay... in order for level 40 to afford gear good enough to beat anyone who's been at level 60 for any amount of time the TIME required to get the gold neccessary to afford said AH gear would push that char to level 60.

Unless you are saying the level 40 person is using a 2nd character... which is still irrelevent.

Closed Thread