HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Chi edm

Old
06-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Enlighten

vCash: 500
Chi edm

Gagner, Whitney and a 4th for Bolland and Hjarmalson ?

Would anyone on the CHI side consider this or are these two valued much higher than I believe?

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:19 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

vCash: 1625
I think we could do much better.

MurrayBannerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:27 AM
longchange

Yeah I think you're undervaluing Bolland and Hjalmarsson.

longchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:29 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Like Hjarmalson, but pass on Bolland, Oilers need size and Bolland doesn't have that. Over payment for the Oilers, rather wait for Lander and some of the Oiler prospect D.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Intense Rage

We create a hole at 3rd line center while taking a gamble that Gagne can be an effective 2nd line center. Sorry but this isn't what we are looking for. If we are dealing Bolland, we need someone who can step into the second line center role right away. We cannot have a youngster grow into the role, we would need an already established 2nd line center.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Enlighten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intense Rage View Post
We create a hole at 3rd line center while taking a gamble that Gagne can be an effective 2nd line center. Sorry but this isn't what we are looking for. If we are dealing Bolland, we need someone who can step into the second line center role right away. We cannot have a youngster grow into the role, we would need an already established 2nd line center.
So you don't think Gagner could play second like C with Kane and produce points? I refer you to the London Knights sir Kane Gagner and Kosistyn put up MAD numbers together. He has proven chemistry with one of your best players already. People have no clue. Joe Thorton was a very average player until he was like 24 or 25. Gagner is only 23 years old. The reality is he just needs a fresh start IMO. Chemistry can't be taught and these 2 have it don't underestimate that.

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:48 AM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
So you don't think Gagner could play second like C with Kane and produce points? I refer you to the London Knights sir Kane Gagner and Kosistyn put up MAD numbers together. He has proven chemistry with one of your best players already. People have no clue. Joe Thorton was a very average player until he was like 24 or 25. Gagner is only 23 years old. The reality is he just needs a fresh start IMO. Chemistry can't be taught and these 2 have it don't underestimate that.
They haven't played together for 5 years...

Old
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Intense Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomehomeSmytty View Post
I was actually not aware of this, would definitely ease my mind a little if a deal like this were made. Regardless though I still feel like if we were dealing Bolland who happens to be one of the best 3rd liners in the game we have to be getting back something that would justify creating a hole at 3rd C.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Seems pretty fair.

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Like Hjarmalson, but pass on Bolland, Oilers need size and Bolland doesn't have that. Over payment for the Oilers, rather wait for Lander and some of the Oiler prospect D.
agreed. pass on Bolland.

ManByng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:21 AM
jokerboysmith

What???

This is the first trade proposal I have ever seen with Gagner included that is fair value.

I guess there is a first for everything.

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

it's Gagner for Bolland which is really close, just not the kind of player the Hawks are looking for.

then it's Whitney + 4th for Hammer which is bad for the Hawks.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:54 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Could we give you a forward(s)/prospects/picks instead of Whitney?

duul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Sarava

Why does every Edmonton/Chicago thread have Gagner coming here? How many times do Chicago fans have to say they don't want him?

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:03 PM
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Why does every Edmonton/Chicago thread have Gagner coming here? How many times do Chicago fans have to say they don't want him?
Eleventy Billion

Old
06-02-2012, 01:04 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
This.

In addition, Bolland > Gagner anyways. Gagner may have better numbers, but he's soft and Bolland leaves him in the dust defensively. Not to mention that Bolland does everything with scrubs like Frolik and Bickell lined up next to him.

All these Gagner to CHI threads are based on the lengthy assumption that Gagner and Kane have chemistry... which was demonstrated once, at the junior level, 5 years ago. Thats hardly anything CHI can bank on.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Bollands value to the Hawks is way higher than Gagner would be. We may fill a hole while open another (for sure).

If we add a Top6 player, it won't be a guy like Gagner, it would be a Power Forward type of player...

I really like the + 4th part

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Sarava

Bolland *might* be available in a year. I think Phillip Danault could be his future replacement, especially if the Hawks refuse to give Bolly a shot at #2 center role. But I can't see them moving him this summer. There's no capable replacement for him yet.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:25 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
I don't know, but let's start a drinking game about it.

If an Edmonton-Chicago proposal has Gagner coming Chicago's way, take 1 shot.

If an Edmonton-Chicago proposal justifies Gagner to the Hawks by mentioning his "chemistry with Kane" from their time playing for the Knights, take 3 shots.

If someone's mentions Gagner's 8 point night against the Hawks, drink until you pass out and wake up in Vegas.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:40 PM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I don't know, but let's start a drinking game about it.

If an Edmonton-Chicago proposal has Gagner coming Chicago's way, take 1 shot.

If an Edmonton-Chicago proposal justifies Gagner to the Hawks by mentioning his "chemistry with Kane" from their time playing for the Knights, take 3 shots.

If someone's mentions Gagner's 8 point night against the Hawks, drink until you pass out and wake up in Vegas.
If a Chi fan posts an irrationally angry response to a trade proposal that is within the realm of reasonable, while adding nothing constructive to the discourse, take a shot.

There. We're all drunker than Kane.

CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote