HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tarasenko will play for Blues

Old
06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Intense Rage

vCash: 500
Not a fan of the Blues getting even deeper but I really want to see this guy play in the NHL. Congrats Blues fans.

Intense Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Ugh lucky Blues fans... ****ing Kuzya...

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:01 PM
habitue*

Now, if Washington would bring over Kuznetsov ...

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:03 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

Happy for the Blues.

legendinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Now, if Washington would bring over Kuznetsov ...
He hadn't signed with Traktor last I checked just said his intention to...

They recently put his jersey up in the arena, don't know if that's bait or he signed and they put it up.

Maybe someone more familiar with the KHL knows.

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:09 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Between Schwartz and Tarasenko, the Blues add two of the top 8 HF prospects to the roster next season to a team that finished 2 points out of the Presidents Cup. The only UFA losses look to be retiring guys: Arnott (maybe Langenbrunner, though he probably comes back as a 4th liner) and if the team decides to let Jackman walk (to create room for Cole to step into that spot). That supposes the Blues acquire that "LHD pairing for Pietro" they've been looking for for a while.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:12 PM
ponder

Sick! Huge fan of this kid from what I've seen at the WJCs (in 2010 and especially 2011), can't wait to see him play in the NHL. Just seems to have a game made for the NHL, tonnes of skill with the puck without unnecessary flash. Elite shot, great hands, very good skater, not tall but a really solid build, strong on the puck and isn't afraid to get hit, competes really hard in general. Reminds me quite a bit of Radulov, but unlike Radulov he doesn't appear to be a headcase, he seems pretty humble/down to earth. Terrific trade by St. Louis to get him for Rundblad IMO, I think he's going to be a very good NHL player.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

I expect Jori Lehterä to follow him.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Alklha

Steen - Backes - Oshie
McDonald - Berglund - Tarasenko
Perron - ????? - Stewart
Crombeen - Sobotka - Reaves
D'Agostini/Schwartz

Obviously moves will be made, but I don't think that there is one player that is now available. I think there are 4 or 5 forwards that are equally likely to be moved in the right deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
If he wants to sign a 2-way contract with the Blues, then I would be delighted. I think that he would make a very good third line center on a team that is rolle 3 scoring lines. I'd be surprised if he would be willing to accept a deal like that though.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:24 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I don't think so. Quotes from Armstrong made it sound unlikely they entice Jori to leave the KHL....though the Blues would like him to. I think the difference is that Tarasenko projects onto the Blues roster without too much difficulty, and Lehtera would probably go to Peoria first.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post

If he wants to sign a 2-way contract with the Blues, then I would be delighted. I think that he would make a very good third line center on a team that is rolle 3 scoring lines. I'd be surprised if he would be willing to accept a deal like that though.
Considering chemistry between him and Tarasenko, they can be really lethal on the 3rd line. They will just need some defensively responsible guy to add.

Kshahdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:32 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
Considering chemistry between him and Tarasenko, they can be really lethal on the 3rd line. They will just need some defensively responsible guy to add.
That guy would be Steen - then you'd have a Swede, Finn, and Russian on one line. Seriously though, that could be a great line.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by hextall86 View Post
The defensive play of Hitchkock will kill him !!!
That was the first thing that struck me too, but not that extreme. I'm interested to see how Hitchkocks system will affect him, or at least his offensive production.

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriede2 View Post
That guy would be Steen - then you'd have a Swede, Finn, and Russian on one line. Seriously though, that could be a great line.
They had this in Sibir last season. And it worked pretty good...

Old
06-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
That was the first thing that struck me too, but not that extreme. I'm interested to see how Hitchkocks system will affect him, or at least his offensive production.
Tarasenko is a very humble guy who highly respects a coach's job (the different would be strange considering who his dad is). So i think there won't be any problems between him and Hitchkock.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Tarasenko plays the type of hockey that will fit in very well in St. Louis. He isn't great defensively, but he doesn't hide from his responsibilities and uses his size and strength well.

His point totals might not be outstanding next season, but I don't think there is any reason to worry about Hitch being the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
You know, if the Blues were comfortable with having Steen at center, then I think bringing Lehterä over would make a lot of sense. Lehterä could start the season as the third line C, and if it really doesn't work put him in Peoria and move Steen to C and let Schwartz/D'Agostini take his spot on LW.

The problem is if we aren't comfortable with Steen at C, and he isn't great at faceoffs, is that a deal for Lehterä becomes close to unworkable. It means we have to bring in someone else who is capable as a third line center, which means extra competition for Lehterä, making him less likely to be willing to sign.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
ponder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
You know, if the Blues were comfortable with having Steen at center, then I think bringing Lehterä over would make a lot of sense. Lehterä could start the season as the third line C, and if it really doesn't work put him in Peoria and move Steen to C and let Schwartz/D'Agostini take his spot on LW.

The problem is if we aren't comfortable with Steen at C, and he isn't great at faceoffs, is that a deal for Lehterä becomes close to unworkable. It means we have to bring in someone else who is capable as a third line center, which means extra competition for Lehterä, making him less likely to be willing to sign.
Agreed, he's terrible at faceoffs, 40.9% for his career. I've never quite understood why Steen has a reputation as being a center, for every season of his career he's played the strong majority of his minutes on the wing, playing only spot duty at center. He'll likely continue to play on the wing next season, with spot duty at center if necessary. T.J. Oshie and Andy McDonald are arguably closer to being a centers than Steen, and they both primarily play wing too.

Still, the Blues have a lot of guys who can play center. Backes and Berglund are a solid 1/2 punch as the top 2 centers, and even if Arnott leaves they'd have Sobotka as a so-so #3 C, plus McDonald, Steen and Oshie can be used at C in a pinch if they need more offense on that line. Not that you'd really want any of McDonald/Steen/Oshie to be playing center full time, but as a backup/emergency option they can work, especially in a "center by committee" type of role. If the Blues think Lehtera is ready, I don't think it would be TOO big of a risk to bring him over and pencil him in to the #3 C spot, they'd have plenty of other backup options if he doesn't work out.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Halifaxhab*

The Blues are looking SCARY good now. They lose a couple of vets, gain this youth. I can't see them letting Jackman go now, just to keep some veteran leadership in the room. Doesn't hurt he's a good 2nd pair guy either

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

The Blues were one of the youngest teams in the league with Arnott and Langenbrunner...Now they're adding 2 of the top prospects in the world. Times are good.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:41 PM
hdtrax

Thank the lord I didn't want this kid to waste away his youth in the KHL.

hdtrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:53 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkearney913 View Post
Can't wait to see this kid play in St. Louis, he's going to be a phenom.

The only thing concerning me is Hitchcock's reputation with Russian players after Filatov, but that's completely offset by how much Tarasenko wants to play in the NHL.

A part of me wants to think his numbers will be rather conservative, but another part of me thinks he'll lead the Blues in scoring this year.
Which Russian players exactly? And also, what success have these russian players had that would prove Hitchcock wrong in whatever "bad" thing he did to them?

SneakerPimp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
HockeyHooligans
PetranJello 4 Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
As a Blues fan, if I had to put a wager on it...I think odds are higher that Stewart is NOT traded this off-season. I think the team will give him one more season, unless the trade value dictates otherwise in a real-life offer. I just don't really see other GMs giving up that kind of value at this time.
Yea big body, power forward type...don't want to lose them over one rough season. He was sooo good when he 1st got traded. But He's supposedly doing some changes in his summer workouts so I see that as a good self commitment and he's ready to put a intense effort to return to what he's capable of. But hey could always be a significant part of a trade for sure.

Soooo freaking excited for Tarasenko coming over!!! I'm gonna need a new jersey soon! #91 is probably gonna be it!

HockeyHooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:26 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
I'm happy he wants to play in the NHL, and decided not to take the big offer he had from the KHL. Shows he wants to play in the NHL, and win a Cup, rather then taking money.

I hate he wants to play in the NHL because he just made the Blues deeper.
Doesn't mean he's being altruistic. He could get a bigger contract now in the KHL but in the long run if it works out there's more money to be made in the NHL. I would also attribute it to wanting to play in the worlds top league, Russian kids don't grow up dreaming about playing for the Cup so it's kind of silly to suggest that he's walking away from money for that.

RandV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Chukcha

He is a typical russian winger. True Semin-type: fast, skilled, not good defensively, and periodically disappearing. Semin is one of the most blamed or even hated players in the NHL, and such players don't fit Hitch's system.

Chukcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:02 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukcha View Post
He is a typical russian winger. True Semin-type: fast, skilled, not good defensively, and periodically disappearing. Semin is one of the most blamed or even hated players in the NHL, and such players don't fit Hitch's system.
Derp!

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote