HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Part V | Marlies vs Admirals | Marlies done.

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2012, 08:42 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
Conacher gives him a run for his money, but I'd agree with him being the best on the marlies...oh well, no point crying over ..
conacher is a ****ing midget. Frattin would run him into the afterlife

Old
06-02-2012, 08:47 AM
SenorDingDong

What happened to Frattin + Kadri?

Old
06-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
What happened to Frattin + Kadri?
Frattin had knee surgery, Kadri has an upper body injury.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Wow leafstv is ****ing garbage. I didn't even know there was a scrap until looking at the box score this morning. Of course they are at commercial or some **** during the fight and they don't even give a replay. I really wanted to see that Lebrie turd get tuned up so if anyone finds a video of it plz link

Old
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Wow leafstv is ****ing garbage. I didn't even know there was a scrap until looking at the box score this morning. Of course they are at commercial or some **** during the fight and they don't even give a replay. I really wanted to see that Lebrie turd get tuned up so if anyone finds a video of it plz link
There was a storm that took the signal out twice in the third, first one was when the fight happened.

BTW, we deserved to lose that game after playing miserably on the PP. They had like 4 powerplays and we had 10...

Eakins played the Rosie and Orr line too much, Mueller was awful, Gardiner must of dulled his skates or something cause he was falling all over the place.

The Marlies need to figure out how to run a powerplay, some of the worst zone entry I have ever seen, when they dumped the puck, there was no forecheck and when they tried to skate it in, they ran straight down the middle. Embarrassing.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:56 AM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Quote:
Did you watch the game?

They did mention the fight but didn't show a replay after they got their signal back. Not really something you can fault LeafsTV for.

Old
06-02-2012, 10:58 AM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
There was a storm that took the signal out twice in the third, first one was when the fight happened.

BTW, we deserved to lose that game after playing miserably on the PP. They had like 4 powerplays and we had 10...

Eakins played the Rosie and Orr line too much, Mueller was awful, Gardiner must of dulled his skates or something cause he was falling all over the place.

The Marlies need to figure out how to run a powerplay, some of the worst zone entry I have ever seen, when they dumped the puck, there was no forecheck and when they tried to skate it in, they ran straight down the middle. Embarrassing.
Yeah, it's like they left their three best offensive forwards at home or something.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:11 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
Yeah, it's like they left their three best offensive forwards at home or something.
Even with Kadri, Frattin and Zigo, our powerplay was never anything special. Without those guys, it's almost like a bad thing to have a powerplay.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Too bad they had all this bad luck in injuries. Come all this way to lose like this. I think it's going to be a sweep.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:16 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Did you watch the game?

They did mention the fight but didn't show a replay after they got their signal back. Not really something you can fault LeafsTV for.
I watched the game at a buddies and was drunk but then looked for fight this morning on pvr and couldn't find it

Old
06-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
conacher is a ****ing midget. Frattin would run him into the afterlife
conacher has much better hands and better hockey sense...

but you know, this is hfboards: bigger is better

Old
06-02-2012, 11:18 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakes View Post
Too bad they had all this bad luck in injuries. Come all this way to lose like this. I think it's going to be a sweep.
Well considering we played terrible and only lost by one goal (I'm not counting the empty net) I think it's going to be a good close series.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Man I hate not having Kadri & Frattin. Frattin IMO is the best player on either team.
You mentioned the best player on our team in this post, and it wasn't Frattin. Jeez.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:22 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mansfield View Post
conacher has much better hands and better hockey sense...

but you know, this is hfboards: bigger is better
Frattin is more physical, faster, stronger, has a better shot, has much more balance and is more disciplined.

Frattin is a much better prospect then Conacher, Conacher would be lucky to play in the NHL, he's not skilled enough to make up for his lack of size.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Mowerman

Didn't you all irrationally hype and then have reality slap you in the face enough last year in regards to frattin?

Old
06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendelBrown View Post
Didn't you all irrationally hype and then have reality slap you in the face enough last year in regards to frattin?
Frattin is not the best player on either team, Kadri is. I just think Frattin is better then Conacher.

I'm not hyping Frattin, I think he'll be a 2nd and 3rd line tweener. If he finds his scoring touch in the NHL, he could be a Dustin Brown-lite.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:33 AM
birddog*

Quote:

Even when there isn't a storm the quality of the Marlies broadcasts is worse than any I have seen on TV recently. I am not exaggerating. It's below standard definition. Roger's TV is better.

This is kind of embarrassing since an HD Camera -- broadcast quality -- has come down to the price where and average individual can afford one.

Not impressed with Leafs TV one bit.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Twist and Shout

Apologize if its been mentioned before, but is there a timeline on Kadri's return?

Old
06-02-2012, 11:38 AM
birddog*

Most disappointing thing about last night was the way the Marlies got outplayed. I would have expected better from them but they clearly have a long ways to go. The score flattered them last night.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Quote:
oh okay that makes sense, thanks for the info. i was gonna rewatch the game this morning if we had played better because it was difficult to pay attention to last night. just ended up looking for the fight and couldn't find it then posted in frustration right away

leafsTV is still garbage and Conacher is still a midget

Old
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Mowerman

Quote:
Frattin is not the best player on either team, Kadri is. I just think Frattin is better then Conacher.
The other guy said that. Didn't mean to put stupid words in your mouth if that's what it looked like.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendelBrown View Post
Why the same thing could be said of Nazem Kadri. At least Frattin accomplished something to deserve his hype, he scored with some regularity and managed to keep an NHL job. Kadri couldn't even do that. Yet here you are all talking as if it's a foregone conclusion that Kadri is the best player in the AHL and he's the savior of the Leafs. Its so funny. The kid is sitting in the stands with a band aid on his pinky finger while his team is in the cup finals. That's our savior.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!

vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subway Schenn View Post
Apologize if its been mentioned before, but is there a timeline on Kadri's return?
Could be back next game or could miss the entire series. They are keeping pretty quiet on the situation.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Antropovsky

10 goals in 13 games, and people are still calling Kadri the best player? Kadri is younger, and could be the better player in the future but frattin has been making a Mockery of ahl goalies.

Old
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
bansheebeat
Cherry-Coloured Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Why the same thing could be said of Nazem Kadri. At least Frattin accomplished something to deserve his hype, he scored with some regularity and managed to keep an NHL job. Kadri couldn't even do that. Yet here you are all talking as if it's a foregone conclusion that Kadri is the best player in the AHL and he's the savior of the Leafs. Its so funny. The kid is sitting in the stands with a band aid on his pinky finger while his team is in the cup finals. That's our savior.
Where did you get this "band aid on his pinky finger" business? As far as I know, the details of his upper body injury haven't been disclosed. If you have some insider information, spill it. Otherwise, you're just undercutting your argument by that kind of ridiculous accusation.

Closed Thread