HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lindback to TOR?

Old
06-01-2012, 07:15 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
I hate when people do this crap, Lindback played 16 games this season and only started 10 games meaning he started under 2 games a month it's alot harder to perform at a high level when your playing that few games because your playing behind a vezina nominee. or your being thrown in a game when your team is playing like crap and they had to pull there number 1 goalie. then a guy who started almost the entire 2nd half of a season and was able to play night in night out, which is the reason Reimer's stats are even on Lindbacks level. how did reimer do when he wasn't the starter? 900 sv% 3+ GAA? even playing behind a weaker team and starting every game is easier then playing as a backup on a good team imo.
Playing behind a weaker team, suffering a concussion, off-ice for a month and a half, there is a lot that can be attributed to Reimer's downfall, but the fact of the matter is he is just as unproven and just as productive and Lindback so why should we give up assets on a risk when we already have our own risk?

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
TSA0402

I hate Toronto but this seems pretty stupid. It is likely Reimer would be the better goalie(especially considering the trade value).

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:38 PM
cyris
On a Soma Holiday

Yea if we arent going to go with a veteran then we should just go with our own inexperienced guys.
Reimer looked great a year ago and before his concussion this season and Scrivens has been one of if not the best goalie in the AHL this season.

Last edited by cyris: 06-01-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: typo
cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 07:50 PM
Co Ho*

Going with Lindback seems like a bit of a gamble, imo. He's less proven than most of the goalies on the market, and while his ceiling might be high, it's largely unknown and that's the risky part. Does Burke really want to go into next season with a squad of unproven starters?

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 08:56 PM
DeputyMcLaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
If the deal is Lindback for Franson, there is no way we're adding..........
I have to agree but it just appears that his value has gone way down over the course of the year with him being in the RW doghouse, and sitting in the press box for multiple games. I think he's going to be a very good NHL d man, but we have made him look worse than he really is. thus adding a pick.

DeputyMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackeybuff View Post
Im not bitter . Its YOUR team thats missed the playoffs 8 years in a row . Not us.

Im laughing at your total unwillingness to take any risk whatsoever to bring in a proven franchise goaltender.

You dont want the 'albatross' which of course is cherry picking the info. You know damn well you can dump it on waivers trade it or do whatever u want to get rid of it when the time suits the leafs.

You are purposefully cherry picking the information and how the contract works because you personally dont want luongo. What is your plan instead?

You want a quality goalie to FALL OUT OF THE SKY for free or virtually nothing and if you dont get your way, then go out and get yet ANOTHER Toskala to fill the void . Voukoun or Harding etc...

Read your own posts. You put blinders on and refuse like you are the one in position of power. I have news for you. Your team has no power. Nobody owes you a franchise goalie. You dont get to pout like a little child because the terms are not perfect for you.

So again, im actually laughing at your logic like the leafs are in a position to just sit there and do nothing.

So pay for a franchise goalie or miss the playoffs for the 9th year in a row.
Burnnnnnnnnnnn. I couldn't agree more every year we hear the same nonsense from Leaf fans. Since Burke has been there every year we hear the same thing about the Leafs picking up a center every single summer and they always end up with some bum that could barely be 3rd line center on most teams. Now it's the goalie oh Burke will get us a number 1 goalie and we wont have to give up any assets. WAKE UP it's not going to happen.

Go Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
BoHorvatFan

Lindback isn't very good so that seems like a typical Burke goaltending move.

Get a proven guy for once in your life Burkie.

BoHorvatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Id do a 2nd rounder and a mid level prospect (i.e Leivo , Nicholls, Ryan) Thats of course if we dont acquire Luongo or sign Vokoun or Harding.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
grits207

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Wings View Post
Burnnnnnnnnnnn. I couldn't agree more every year we hear the same nonsense from Leaf fans. Since Burke has been there every year we hear the same thing about the Leafs picking up a center every single summer and they always end up with some bum that could barely be 3rd line center on most teams. Now it's the goalie oh Burke will get us a number 1 goalie and we wont have to give up any assets. WAKE UP it's not going to happen.
Way to completely miss the point. I doubt a single Leafs fan would be opposed to Burke giving up assets for the right goalie, problem is none of the goalies available via trade are the right fit. It's not like anybody is expecting to get a long term franchise goalie for free, we just need a veteran who help stabilize the position for a year or two until either one of our young goalies steals the job or until we find the right fit via trade.

grits207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
I don't know to many sane Leaf fans looking to get a top 10 goalie for free. Most of us are looking for a reliable starter to split time with Reimer. Don't take our not wanting to take a long contract as bashing Luongo. He is a good goalie, just don't want the term.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:28 AM
glovesave_35
Name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Just spit Coke everywhere. That won't happen, sorry.
My thoughts exactly.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 05:06 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Have you seen the numbers they are putting up? Don't assume none can be #1 goalies.

Look at Scrivens and Owuya's ability.
Owuya has a better shot at an hip-hop career than he does an NHL career

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 07:18 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackeybuff View Post

The Leaf fans on HF Boards dont wanna do the Canucks any favors so they would rather be shot and peed on rather than get an actual franchise goalie to help their team :
That's not true. We just don't want to pay the bloated price Vancouver fans are asking for for their #1 Goalie on an albatross contract

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 08:39 AM
Swedishhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Owuya has a better shot at an hip-hop career than he does an NHL career
He was pretty good when he played in Sweden, but always managed to give up one soft goal per game. How has he played in NA this season? Looking at the stats they seem pretty good but might have the same issue this year aswell.

Swedishhockeyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
Way to completely miss the point. I doubt a single Leafs fan would be opposed to Burke giving up assets for the right goalie, problem is none of the goalies available via trade are the right fit. It's not like anybody is expecting to get a long term franchise goalie for free, we just need a veteran who help stabilize the position for a year or two until either one of our young goalies steals the job or until we find the right fit via trade.
And who exactly is the right fit for the Leafs?

Old
06-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Vokoun. Reliable vet who will cost zero assets.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:51 AM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
yup. will help bridge the 1 or 2 year gap until Scrivens/Reimer are ready

bobbyflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
yup. will help bridge the 1 or 2 year gap until Scrivens/Reimer are ready
Yup...this would be ideal. I don't even care if Burke offers him a Connolly type deal.

Old
06-02-2012, 09:58 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

Tampa Bay will trade for Lindback, Toronto will sign Vokoun.

thebluemachine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluemachine View Post
Tampa Bay will trade for Lindback, Toronto will sign Vokoun.
Sounds good!! Get it done.

Old
06-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Snipeshow

Why would the Leafs want Lindback?

They'll sign a proven goalie for 2 years, and that's it. No reason to get another unproven goalie when we already have Scrivens and Reimer .

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:10 PM
grits207

Quote:
The perfect fit for Toronto would be a Cory Schneider type who is young enough that he will still be in his prime when the Leafs are finally done rebuilding and proven enough that we can be confident we aren't getting another Toskala or Raycroft.

Unfortunately Schneider obviously isn't available and it's unlikely that anybody like him becomes available any time soon, so the next best option is to sign a stop-gap like Vokoun for 1 or 2 years and hope that we are finally able to develop our own starter for once.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
If you think Vokoun is the answer to your goaltending problems clearly you havent watched him much the last couple of seasons. He also doesnt solve their long term problems.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:27 PM
grits207

Quote:
If you think Vokoun is the answer to your goaltending problems clearly you havent watched him much the last couple of seasons. He also doesnt solve their long term problems.
I don't think anybody would expect Vokoun to be "the answer". Personally, I'd be satisfied if he was able to play ~50 games and be a decent upgrade over Gustavsson while serving as a mentor to Reimer. Those aren't particularly lofty expectations.

We know he wouldn't solve the Leafs long term problems, that's why he would be on a 1 or 2 year deal. Realistically the only thing that's going to solve our long term problems is drafting and developing our own goalie, be it Reimer or somebody else. Trading for another team's young backup certainly isn't the answer, as the Leafs learnt the hard way with the Raycroft and Toskala fiascos.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Go Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by grits207 View Post
I don't think anybody would expect Vokoun to be "the answer". Personally, I'd be satisfied if he was able to play ~50 games and be a decent upgrade over Gustavsson while serving as a mentor to Reimer. Those aren't particularly lofty expectations.

We know he wouldn't solve the Leafs long term problems, that's why he would be on a 1 or 2 year deal. Realistically the only thing that's going to solve our long term problems is drafting and developing our own goalie, be it Reimer or somebody else. Trading for another team's young backup certainly isn't the answer, as the Leafs learnt the hard way with the Raycroft and Toskala fiascos.
When Vesa Toskala was acquired he was 30 years old I would hardly call that young and Raycroft was just ****. If I were the Leafs I would go after Bernier.