HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Eastern Media’s Ignorance Of All Things LA Kings, Shines Through

Old
06-02-2012, 06:41 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Eastern Media’s Ignorance Of All Things LA Kings, Shines Through

2012 Stanley Cup Finals: Eastern Media’s Ignorance Of All Things LA Kings, Shines Through

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Julius Caesar Milan
Lord of the Shih Tzu

vCash: 863
Coming in from London from over the pole
Flying in a big airliner
Chicken flying everywhere around the plane
Could we ever feel much finer

Coming into Los Angeles
Bringing in a couple of ki's
Don't touch my bags if you please
Mister customs Gann, yeah

Julius Caesar Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:01 AM
yankeeking

just watched a hour of nhl tonight and it would appear that the devils are playing the devils, we were mentioned a few times mostly by melrose but every feature every clip was about or had the devils featured, what a joke

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
just watched a hour of nhl tonight and it would appear that the devils are playing the devils, we were mentioned a few times mostly by melrose but every feature every clip was about or had the devils featured, what a joke
Yep, same with TSN. I tried to point it out on one of their message boards and the mod removed my comment.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:19 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
Holy S*** thats funny. Couldnt have described it better.

I also think Pang'r Darren wants Dwarf Seks with Parise while Marty watches. (insert "Sex Dwarf" by Soft Cell)

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Mattias

I've noticed Bob Mackenzie giving the L.A. Kings lots of credit.

Mattias is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:10 PM
MsWoof

Honestly, I'm sick of the whining. CBC has been heaping so much praise on the Kings so far. Game 1 was overkill, it was like the Kings were the only ones playing.

Also, what do you expect people in the east to do? The games in LA start at 10:30 our time, if they were half an hour earlier like the Canucks' games, we would be able to watch more. Do you think people are going to stay up late to watch an out of area team when there are so many to watch in our time zone? I've been following the Kings all year and I'm lucky that I start work later in the day than most because I'm self employed. If I had normal work hours and had to get up at 6 or 6:30, I wouldn't be able to see any games. As it is now, I can watch 1 or 2 periods.

I wish some of you would just enjoy the run and stop worrying about everything else.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 12:11 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
I've noticed Bob Mackenzie giving the L.A. Kings lots of credit.
Bob is one of the few good guys who actually pays attention to every team and actually does his homework.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Ollie Weeks

I think its time to let it go, too. TSN has been in love with us since halfway through Round 2, and CBC has been the same, once the Canucks were dead and buried. Guys like LeBrun and McKenzie have been talking about us for a long while before that. For my money it would be the eastern American media that neglect the Kings the most at this point.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Brad Doty
System Goalie

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
Honestly, I'm sick of the whining. CBC has been heaping so much praise on the Kings so far. Game 1 was overkill, it was like the Kings were the only ones playing.

Also, what do you expect people in the east to do? The games in LA start at 10:30 our time, if they were half an hour earlier like the Canucks' games, we would be able to watch more. Do you think people are going to stay up late to watch an out of area team when there are so many to watch in our time zone? I've been following the Kings all year and I'm lucky that I start work later in the day than most because I'm self employed. If I had normal work hours and had to get up at 6 or 6:30, I wouldn't be able to see any games. As it is now, I can watch 1 or 2 periods.

I wish some of you would just enjoy the run and stop worrying about everything else.
I wish I got CBC or TSN :/

FOr those of us stuck with NHL Network, trust me--it's been pretty bad. Maybe that's balanced out by the Canadian networks, but I wouldn't know.

Not complaining, honestly just an observation. Last night's show was literally at least 45 minutes devils, 10 min kings. I've accepted that as par for the course. Just gotta cram a Stanley Cup down their throats!

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I think its time to let it go, too. TSN has been in love with us since halfway through Round 2, and CBC has been the same, once the Canucks were dead and buried. Guys like LeBrun and McKenzie have been talking about us for a long while before that. For my money it would be the eastern American media that neglect the Kings the most at this point.
But that is what we are exposed to right? We're forced to watch the NBC feed, and the guy on there are horrible, NHL network is a bit better.

I guess that will all change when the kings start making it deep in playoffs year after year.

TwzKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Yep, same with TSN. I tried to point it out on one of their message boards and the mod removed my comment.
I noticed this as well. It's all, "What do the Devils need to change? Who needs to step up? Kovalchuk this, Kovalchuk that....blah....blah....Devils....blah, blah, blah....". McKenzie seems to be the only one that is mentioning much of anything about the Kings.
CBC on the other hand has been pretty pro Kings, especially Cherry.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Wildturkey12
Do It!

vCash: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I noticed this as well. It's all, "What do the Devils need to change? Who needs to step up? Kovalchuk this, Kovalchuk that....blah....blah....Devils....blah, blah, blah....". McKenzie seems to be the only one that is mentioning much of anything about the Kings.
It could be that the Kings havent given them much to criticize and it wouldnt be that great of tv if they talked about how great we are. NHL radio on XM has given us a ton of coverage.

Wildturkey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:37 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
It could be that the Kings havent given them much to criticize and it wouldnt be that great of tv if they talked about how great we are. NHL radio on XM has given us a ton of coverage.
We have a winner! The Kings have steamrolled through the playoffs so of course they're talking about what the Devils need to do to improve.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 03:52 PM
nocturn

Although last nights/this morns NHL Network's On the Fly was pretty one sided, I think we're get'n a TON of love from everywhere. I love it. Everyday there's something new to read or watch. There's plenty of love out there, you just need to look around.

And to whomever keeps e-mailing and or calling the guys @ SiriusXM 207 and complaining that they, the talkshow hosts like Ross, Shalley and Kern, are not talking about the Kings enough....PLEASE STOP! They are reading your stupidass emails on air! You are making the entire Kings Nation look like a bunch of self important, egotistical children. PLEASE, NO MORE!

Lastly, to whomever sent Mike Ross and the HTM show the "...The Kings win is more important than Nick Lidstrom's retirement!" email last Thursday, You Suck! I facepalmed SO HARD in my truck that I left a hand print on my forehead for a hour. What a embarrassment.

/rant

Old
06-02-2012, 03:59 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildturkey12 View Post
Absolute BINGO WT! Spot on!

As I said in another thread, The Devs are the ones talking about what they need to "change" or "do better". Not LA. I listen to SiriusXM 207 all day long at work and I've heard nothing but accolades towards the Kings. I've been very happy with their coverage.

Old
06-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Quote:

Quoted for truth. There are 3 more games to win, who gives a **** about anything else?

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:

I am also tired of we against the world angle. I have seen plenty of praise for the Kings.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Prince

I am sure in some thread there are Devil fans complaining about Melrose and McKenzie.
In referance to the article, do you think the fact that Kopi is from
Slovenia has something to do with it also? It is not just because he plays in LA.

Prince is offline   Reply With Quote